PDA

View Full Version : Last New Item for ACNH

chii3d
08-22-2022, 04:08 PM
Saw this news today and it made me a little sad! I know many people aren't playing anymore but I still am. This is very likely the last new item available in the game since they have said there will be no more content updates and this got added in with the last large patch almost a year ago.

Tomate shirt! They did a really nice job with the picture! It is to celebrate a festival in Spain where they throw ripe tomatoes at each other!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

You can buy it on the seasonal tab in the shopping until Aug. 31st.

Aero
08-22-2022, 04:10 PM
I stopped playing a while back! Did enough content ever get added such that it felt more like New Leaf? Or would you say it's surpassed New Leaf? I kind of want to restart my town- or at least re-terraform the whole thing!

Teakwood
08-22-2022, 04:11 PM
I still occasionally play, but not as much as I used to. Once they slowed down with the updates, I stopped playing. I like games that constantly push out content. Maybe one day I'll pick it up again, but we will see. It's nice to see that this was added though. I'll definitely pop in and get it.

hearts
08-22-2022, 04:12 PM
I am really sad it lost its popularity. ;-; I feel like if they had added little micro purchases, it would have been so successful. We got burnt out on the same items and the same ideas. I don't really get the reasoning they decided to stop doing anymore updates because I feel like they could have made so much money? I wouldn't be back on Neopets, that's for certain lol.

But thank you so much for posting this!

- - - Updated - - -

I GOT THE PINK POP ON YOUR POST BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! RunS AROUND*

Nattiee
08-22-2022, 04:13 PM
I havent made time to play in a while, but this is kinda sad - although I feel like I heard somewhere the last update they were releasing would be the last one ever for ANCH too.

Is there a new AC coming out? Is that why they're slowly ramping down the attention on ACNH?

chii3d
08-22-2022, 04:17 PM
I stopped playing a while back! Did enough content ever get added such that it felt more like New Leaf? Or would you say it's surpassed New Leaf? I kind of want to restart my town- or at least re-terraform the whole thing!

Hmm, yes and no. I would not say the variety of "sets" present in NH ever reached the level of New Leaf. Many of my favorite sets never got added (like Gracie's Sweet Series) and some got added only partially (like just a few items from the Sloppy Set).

You do have the ability to cook items and set them out as furniture, which is cute. They did add a large quantity of items with the last patch, many of which are cute and charming. Nothing structurally really changed, though. If you were missing like the dance club, for example, they never added it.

It's worth checking out either way! The new boat tours are fun, and ocean diving I've always enjoyed got added as well.

Teakwood
08-22-2022, 04:17 PM
Honestly this. If they would have done smaller updates, more often, it would have been more popular IMO. I felt like they rushed to get everything added, and then once the main userbase (the ones who preordered, or ones who bought it relatively close to the release date) had the chance to play for literally months at a time, we got tired of the same thing. I redid my island four separate times, and it's always fun to restart. Maybe one day I'll restart again, but not anytime soon.

kittyray
08-22-2022, 04:20 PM
I definitely also slowed down a lot. The game definitely became the phenomenon that it was because of the timing with the lockdowns, so it's not surprising to me that gameplay as whole has slowed 2.5-ish years on.

I know for me something I just never really was able to make it past was designing exteriors. I really wish it had been possible to do that with the interface you can do with your house that's more top-down?

chii3d
08-22-2022, 04:21 PM
hearts YUSSSS perfect I'm so glad you got it here!!! I would have paid for some microtransactions personally. I paid for the happy home expansion, even though I didn't care for the 3DS version and it is literally just that.

Teakwood yes I wish they kept putting more updates frequently also. I think it is why a lot of people stopped playing.

Nattiee The last time they said it was the last update (last November) it was indeed true. This is the absolute last item that got added with that patch, it's just coming out now because its the tomato festival now. I wish there was another coming out, but I doubt it until we get a new nintendo console :( :(

Teakwood
08-22-2022, 04:24 PM
hearts YUSSSS perfect I'm so glad you got it here!!! I would have paid for some microtransactions personally. I paid for the happy home expansion, even though I didn't care for the 3DS version and it is literally just that.

Teakwood yes I wish they kept putting more updates frequently also. I think it is why a lot of people stopped playing.

Nattiee The last time they said it was the last update (last November) it was indeed true. This is the absolute last item that got added with that patch, it's just coming out now because its the tomato festival now. I wish there was another coming out, but I doubt it until we get a new nintendo console :( :(

Honestly, this was the first AC game I had ever played, and I wasn't exactly sure I was going to love it. That didn't last long though because I think I have over 500 hours into the game at the moment? Might be wrong, but it's close. I'll go through phases every now and then.

Who knows, in the coming years, they might decide to make another one, and then everybody will be like. Oh remember ACNH?

hearts
08-22-2022, 04:25 PM
Another fault I have of ACNH vs ACPC and ACNL is the items weren't as ~cute~
You can tell their items were more geared toward neutral and normal aesthetic. Items that would be great to replicate real life stuff. The beauty of Animal Crossing, to me, was that it was like a cute fantasy world. Now there were some cute items, don't get me wrong, but that seems like the reason why EVERYONE did cottagecore for their island aesthetic. The majority of the items catered to it. My rainbow island was a struggle.

chii3d
08-22-2022, 04:31 PM
Another fault I have of ACNH vs ACPC and ACNL is the items weren't as ~cute~
You can tell their items were more geared toward neutral and normal aesthetic. Items that would be great to replicate real life stuff. The beauty of Animal Crossing, to me, was that it was like a cute fantasy world. Now there were some cute items, don't get me wrong, but that seems like the reason why EVERYONE did cottagecore for their island aesthetic. The majority of the items catered to it. My rainbow island was a struggle.

Cottagecore is cute but I was never crazy over it or wanting to set my island up like this. I miss my mermaid set and sweets set. I stopped playing pocket camp after spending... more than a bit... of cash on those gatcha sets but damn were those cute.

I definitely also slowed down a lot. The game definitely became the phenomenon that it was because of the timing with the lockdowns, so it's not surprising to me that gameplay as whole has slowed 2.5-ish years on.

I know for me something I just never really was able to make it past was designing exteriors. I really wish it had been possible to do that with the interface you can do with your house that's more top-down?

2.5 years!?!? Time is literally flying and I am feeling ancient x_x

Honestly, this was the first AC game I had ever played, and I wasn't exactly sure I was going to love it. That didn't last long though because I think I have over 500 hours into the game at the moment? Might be wrong, but it's close. I'll go through phases every now and then.

Who knows, in the coming years, they might decide to make another one, and then everybody will be like. Oh remember ACNH?

It was a lot of peoples first animal crossing! I'm sure they will make another one (and maybe fix some flaws?) after the success of this one. If they don't I will be big sad.

Nattiee
08-22-2022, 04:32 PM

Ugh I hope it wont go that long. Isn't the Switch relatively newer? Praying to the gaming lords they keep the Switch relevant for at least another 5 years lol

chii3d
08-22-2022, 04:37 PM
Ugh I hope it wont go that long. Isn't the Switch relatively newer? Praying to the gaming lords they keep the Switch relevant for at least another 5 years lol

The switch is over 5 years old. Honestly I'd like them to just keep it and maybe make some faster version of the console with more processing power. Some of my island lags very badly. I love the portability of the system and large screen. It's literally exactly what I like in a gaming system so I'm going to need them to keep that shit relevant.

Alister
08-22-2022, 05:04 PM
It was disappointing when the news came out that ACNH has reached the last of its updates. It was my first AC games, besides the mobile one, and I got really into it for a while but then the repetition just got to me. Not repetition in the gameplay, but in the dialogue and character personalities. It killed a lot of the charm for me when I realized villagers are mostly just reskins of the others of their personality type and their dialogue pools were so shallow. That never getting updated bummed me out more than the lack of item variety.

I've been playing Hades for the past few weeks and ACNH's been on my mind making me appreciate how amazing Hades is with its 21k lines of unique dialogue.

Charmander
08-22-2022, 05:05 PM
I was late to the ACNH game so I do still play pretty regularly. I'm still trying to finish my critterpedia so we will see how much I play after that is done. I do recall that after the DLC with vacations they did mention that there wouldn't be any more updates/expansions. I find it quite sad as I enjoy the game. It's a peaceful escape!

It would be nice if they are slowing down to release a new game. But who knows! Likely once I'm done all my goals then it will just be the mini me playing and they can wreck havoc on the island lol.

Thanks for the update I'll have to make sure I grab the shirt.

DarkSkies
08-22-2022, 06:43 PM
Well I've never played AC (and I'm here in overdrive thinking what ACNH means lol) but that looks cute!! I have no idea they stopped releasing updates.

Did you buy backgrounds or sth like that? I read about micro ourchases being a good idea, was the game expensive? :S

chii3d
08-23-2022, 03:15 PM
It was disappointing when the news came out that ACNH has reached the last of its updates. It was my first AC games, besides the mobile one, and I got really into it for a while but then the repetition just got to me. Not repetition in the gameplay, but in the dialogue and character personalities. It killed a lot of the charm for me when I realized villagers are mostly just reskins of the others of their personality type and their dialogue pools were so shallow. That never getting updated bummed me out more than the lack of item variety.

I've been playing Hades for the past few weeks and ACNH's been on my mind making me appreciate how amazing Hades is with its 21k lines of unique dialogue.

I try not to think about that too much. Like my Dom is my Dom and he's totally unique and not like anyone else's and not like any other jock villagers. Yeah, they could have easily added more phrases for them. They used to get into little fights and stuff between villagers in previous games, they kind of made that a lot more bland over the years. 21k lines seems like quite a bit, I doubt AC has anywhere near that.

I was late to the ACNH game so I do still play pretty regularly. I'm still trying to finish my critterpedia so we will see how much I play after that is done. I do recall that after the DLC with vacations they did mention that there wouldn't be any more updates/expansions. I find it quite sad as I enjoy the game. It's a peaceful escape!

It would be nice if they are slowing down to release a new game. But who knows! Likely once I'm done all my goals then it will just be the mini me playing and they can wreck havoc on the island lol.

Thanks for the update I'll have to make sure I grab the shirt.

I am still missing a few in my critterpedia as well! Some of the more rare fish you need baits for I quickly lose patience so still don't have them. But at least we can dress as a tomato, I guess.

Well I've never played AC (and I'm here in overdrive thinking what ACNH means lol) but that looks cute!! I have no idea they stopped releasing updates.

Did you buy backgrounds or sth like that? I read about micro ourchases being a good idea, was the game expensive? :S

lol! ACNH is Animal Crossing New Horizons I'm sorry I should have wrote it out. The are no microtransactions in the game at all. There is a home designing expansion that is about $20 or so and it comes with the whole thing included. The game itself was just a stand $60 switch game but its older now so probably sells for less.

DarkSkies
08-23-2022, 03:58 PM
I try not to think about that too much. Like my Dom is my Dom and he's totally unique and not like anyone else's and not like any other jock villagers. Yeah, they could have easily added more phrases for them. They used to get into little fights and stuff between villagers in previous games, they kind of made that a lot more bland over the years. 21k lines seems like quite a bit, I doubt AC has anywhere near that.

I am still missing a few in my critterpedia as well! Some of the more rare fish you need baits for I quickly lose patience so still don't have them. But at least we can dress as a tomato, I guess.

lol! ACNH is Animal Crossing New Horizons I'm sorry I should have wrote it out. The are no microtransactions in the game at all. There is a home designing expansion that is about $20 or so and it comes with the whole thing included. The game itself was just a stand $60 switch game but its older now so probably sells for less.

Ohh thanks for the explanation and don't worry, it was just me being a bit confused.

I see so $20 was like the average :O

chii3d
08-24-2022, 07:26 AM
Yeah it not too bad! I would highly recommend the game if you like neopets style things. It has cute pets, item collection, and crafting! It’s definitely really casual though.

hearts
08-24-2022, 07:29 AM
At this point, I'm ready for a new game. I personally feel like ACNH is so played out. :(

Blissey
08-24-2022, 07:38 AM
kinda wondering if this means anything for future animal crossing games.
because of splatoon ive become accustomed to last item updates indicating that a new game is on the horizon (lol no pun intended)
kinda doubt it since animal crossing games usually take a veeery long amount of time between games, and acnh only came out in 2020...
but it was also extremely successful, and that may have prompted further investment into making a newer game sooner.

only time can tell though. i was thinking of making a new island soon but the tutorial activities are such a slog, its very discouraging.
may just emulate one of the earlier games on my steam deck

hearts
08-26-2022, 05:57 AM
kinda wondering if this means anything for future animal crossing games.
because of splatoon ive become accustomed to last item updates indicating that a new game is on the horizon (lol no pun intended)
kinda doubt it since animal crossing games usually take a veeery long amount of time between games, and acnh only came out in 2020...
but it was also extremely successful, and that may have prompted further investment into making a newer game sooner.

only time can tell though. i was thinking of making a new island soon but the tutorial activities are such a slog, its very discouraging.
may just emulate one of the earlier games on my steam deck

I agree. The tutorial and "getting started" part is so tedious, which isn't a bad thing when it's really your first time playing, but it's annoying when you're starting over. And clearing an island to start over without resetting mighttttt be even worse lol. Very, very annoying.

chii3d
08-26-2022, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I see people who restarted their island many times but I could never do this. I time traveled when I first got the game because the beginning was just SO SLOW. Just trying to get enough material from the rock hitting was luck at best -- you could be stuck on that part for days before having enough to move on.

I like time travelling anyway though, I got kicked out of a group for time travelling to celeste's meteor shower multiple times and inviting people. Sorry not sorry I like the shooting stars, dang!

Hall
08-26-2022, 01:17 PM
I didn't know they had a promo picture for this! I just saw the item and bought it cause it was so cool! I love that they have Ketchup in the background there. I still play everyday and I'm always happy to see new content added. :3

Shazi
08-26-2022, 02:32 PM
i haven't played in almost a year but this post is making me wanna raze my island to the ground and rebuild it all. hopefully there's a new ac sooner rather than later.

chii3d
08-26-2022, 03:21 PM
I didn't know they had a promo picture for this! I just saw the item and bought it cause it was so cool! I love that they have Ketchup in the background there. I still play everyday and I'm always happy to see new content added. :3
They really went all-out on the tomato theme for the picture! I think Ketchup is a cutie also :) Its such a fun little specific holiday I never would have known about. I love all the tiny tomato themed details they put into this picture.

i haven't played in almost a year but this post is making me wanna raze my island to the ground and rebuild it all. hopefully there's a new ac sooner rather than later.

Hopefully! there's definitely a ton of money to be made here so nintendo would be crazy not to develop another.

Raposa
08-31-2022, 11:16 AM
Today is the last day to get the Tomato Festival shirt, for anyone who doesn't yet have it and wants it.

Ghast
08-31-2022, 12:01 PM
It is quite upsetting to me, frankly. I remember my excitement in waiting patiently for ACNH to come out, only to be disappointed in the end. I have played the series since its initial release for GameCube and of all of the titles, it is a tie for me between ANCH and City Folk as my least favorite. Nothing against City Folk per se, it just was not a favorite. ACNH had so much that seemed promising but it fell flat :(

Anyway, I know that is not really what this post is for, but I must voice how disappointed I am… yes, we got a ton of new items in the HHP DLC, but lots of them are so specific and I feel like we are still severely lacking in variety and furniture sets, not to mention how unfinished it feels without certain NPCs like Gracie returning, or without any final Nook upgrades… wah.

But yay, tomatoes. :o_o:

hearts
08-31-2022, 12:10 PM
It is quite upsetting to me, frankly. I remember my excitement in waiting patiently for ACNH to come out, only to be disappointed in the end. I have played the series since its initial release for GameCube and of all of the titles, it is a tie for me between ANCH and City Folk as my least favorite. Nothing against City Folk per se, it just was not a favorite. ACNH had so much that seemed promising but it fell flat :(

Anyway, I know that is not really what this post is for, but I must voice how disappointed I am… yes, we got a ton of new items in the HHP DLC, but lots of them are so specific and I feel like we are still severely lacking in variety and furniture sets, not to mention how unfinished it feels without certain NPCs like Gracie returning, or without any final Nook upgrades… wah.

But yay, tomatoes. :o_o:

Couldn't have said it better. The reason I stayed with ACNH for the 2 straight years I did was because this is the first game in the series that had a community on Facebook, Twitter, IG, Tumblr, Reddit, etc. so I felt so connected to other players in sharing accomplishments, milestones, updates, creations. (ACNL had a huge fandom but I'd say it was more Tumblr/Twitter based and I wasn't active on either of those in '13)

The fan base is THERE. How could they intentionally let this game die? Updates would have kept us together more. Now everyone's bored. :(

Raposa
08-31-2022, 06:57 PM
I can't believe they've done this to us either. NL had a massive free update years after its release, but it seems like something really wrong happened here. I hate assuming malicious intentions every time I buy a game that doesn't meet my expectations but I just want to know why. We paid $20 over NL's price and then had to buy the expansion if we wanted a reason to come back a year later when New Leaf players kept on for almost a decade. :(

Jackalope
08-31-2022, 07:04 PM
It's so sad that they've made this choice. My only hope is that somehow they plan to release a new one fairly soon or something because there's still SO MUCH missing from this game that was in previous games. Like... wtf. They could've kept up paid dlc for awhile without much pushback not that I support that choice but it just seems like so much was left on the table here. Why?? This game made SO MUCH money. Why just stop???

hearts
08-31-2022, 07:10 PM
The DLC where we got to make a school, hospital, cafe, etc on a foreign island, should have been stuff we could add to our own island. I guess that would make people who don't have the DLC visiting us complicated? But still. Why do I care to build up these 30 interiors and buildings on an island that I havr no attachment to and will never visit again? Oh. To unlock the feature that lets us change the houses of villagers on our OWN island. The one we care about.

I could go on. I am bitter lol.

Jackalope
08-31-2022, 08:16 PM
The DLC where we got to make a school, hospital, cafe, etc on a foreign island, should have been stuff we could add to our own island. I guess that would make people who don't have the DLC visiting us complicated? But still. Why do I care to build up these 30 interiors and buildings on an island that I havr no attachment to and will never visit again? Oh. To unlock the feature that lets us change the houses of villagers on our OWN island. The one we care about.

I could go on. I am bitter lol.

AGREE
That's why my only hope is that maybe they learned a lot from making this game and decided rather than spend the resources on messing around trying to make this one make sense they decided to just move on to a new one? Idk I'm sad but forever hopeful. It had been so gd long since we got an Animal Crossing game and they were just learning to build for Switch technology so they didn't have any assets to reuse. Bleh. I really feel like the crafting and farming stuff had SO MUCH room to grow. SIGH.

hearts
08-31-2022, 08:18 PM
AGREE
That's why my only hope is that maybe they learned a lot from making this game and decided rather than spend the resources on messing around trying to make this one make sense they decided to just move on to a new one? Idk I'm sad but forever hopeful. It had been so gd long since we got an Animal Crossing game and they were just learning to build for Switch technology so they didn't have any assets to reuse. Bleh. I really feel like the crafting and farming stuff had SO MUCH room to grow. SIGH.

Right! Reflecting on literally how underwhelming it was when cooking was first introduced. We were so hyped and then it was just like, "oh... okay. kewl."

Jackalope
08-31-2022, 08:23 PM
Right! Reflecting on literally how underwhelming it was when cooking was first introduced. We were so hyped and then it was just like, "oh... okay. kewl."

EXACTLY! That's part of why I can't shake the feeling that the whole game was kind of a dress rehearsal. So many great ideas that weren't totally fleshed out, so many things that existed in other games that just didn't in this one.... a girl can dream I guess

chii3d
08-31-2022, 08:31 PM
I really didn't like the Happy Home Designer as a standalone game on the 3DS and was less-than pleased to see that be the "expansion" for the game. Would have liked to see new dialogs, possibly room for more villagers, more items added. I beat the expansion by just plopping down whatever crap items the animals wanted and leaving.

Raposa
08-31-2022, 08:51 PM
chii3d oh my God yeah, it brought back some not so great memories. I pre-loaded it with my first paycheck ever because I wanted to reward myself and I never met an Animal Crossing game I didn't like. Plus there was a special home menu theme you could get.

I played for a while, and I had fun until I realized that within an hour or two of play that decorating was all there was. I'd pretty much had the whole experience in the first few hours. I was gutted.

Then I see an announcement for a paid DLC for New Horizons! My stepdad immediately bought it for me and upon opening the game and seeing what it was about... I just said quietly to myself, "oh no."

Note to self: research the game you want, spoilers be damned.

chii3d
08-31-2022, 09:02 PM
chii3d oh my God yeah, it brought back some not so great memories. I pre-loaded it with my first paycheck ever because I wanted to reward myself and I never met an Animal Crossing game I didn't like. Plus there was a special home menu theme you could get.

I played for a while, and I had fun until I realized that within an hour or two of play that decorating was all there was. I'd pretty much had the whole experience in the first few hours. I was gutted.

Then I see an announcement for a paid DLC for New Horizons! My stepdad immediately bought it for me and upon opening the game and seeing what it was about... I just said quietly to myself, "oh no."

Note to self: research the game you want, spoilers be damned.

Pretty much my exact experience, except I was gifted the game along with the special themed 3ds. Like, that was a big gift. My partner was like "yay you love animal crossing! I can't wait to watch you play it!" just so excited to have gotten me this. So like I am playing it and then realizing... that's it. You just decorate the houses. And it doesn't even matter how long you take decorating, you're getting the same score as if you had just thrown in the 3 items they wanted and called it a day.

Gutted is definitely the right descriptor. :|