PDA

View Full Version : charizard ultra premium collection box

Effektivv
08-20-2022, 03:25 AM
I'm not sure how many of you are into collecting the cards but dear god this looks amazing.
I'm fully expecting this to sky rocket in price.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

chii3d
08-20-2022, 08:52 AM
I do not collect these but my partner does. I know he will want these so I'll have to show the video when he gets home. Doesn't it seem like they release these all entirely too close together? I feel like every few weeks there are new TCG sets to buy.

I'm only interested in specific sets myself. I'm actually quite excited for the halloween collections they announced a few weeks ago. They're re-prints but I guess will all have pikachu as the pumpkin stamped on :)

Raposa
08-20-2022, 10:05 AM
chii3d Me as a kid: "no fair! I didn't get the one I wanted!"
Me as an adult: "No fair, I'm broke!"

chii3d
08-20-2022, 10:57 AM
Dad Me with the PoGo set: "No fair! I'm broke and I didn't get the one I wanted!" :o_o:

DarkSkies
08-20-2022, 12:02 PM
chii3d Me as a kid: "no fair! I didn't get the one I wanted!"
Me as an adult: "No fair, I'm broke!"

Omg I totally identify with this lol

I mean I don't collecting Pokémon Card but did collect other types.

Those cards look awesome though, plus Charizard always bring childhood memories <)

Effektivv
08-20-2022, 12:40 PM
I do not collect these but my partner does. I know he will want these so I'll have to show the video when he gets home. Doesn't it seem like they release these all entirely too close together? I feel like every few weeks there are new TCG sets to buy.

I'm only interested in specific sets myself. I'm actually quite excited for the halloween collections they announced a few weeks ago. They're re-prints but I guess will all have pikachu as the pumpkin stamped on :)

I will probably pick these up too, I'm waiting for a set list still, I was a little bummed about all the reprinted cards not even being that old, the ones I saw in a video were all from the last couple sets.

Edit: found the set list....it's worse than I thought

chii3d
08-21-2022, 05:48 PM
I will probably pick these up too, I'm waiting for a set list still, I was a little bummed about all the reprinted cards not even being that old, the ones I saw in a video were all from the last couple sets.

Edit: found the set list....it's worse than I thought

That list does not look promising. I was hoping for a few new halloween art. I will still pick up a pack. Looking at the packaging more, it seems to be geared towards like small packs of candy you would hand out to trick or treaters at halloween. Kind of a neat idea I might get an extra bag to give to the kids along with sweet treats.

Kibba
09-16-2022, 09:30 AM
That list does not look promising. I was hoping for a few new halloween art. I will still pick up a pack. Looking at the packaging more, it seems to be geared towards like small packs of candy you would hand out to trick or treaters at halloween. Kind of a neat idea I might get an extra bag to give to the kids along with sweet treats.

parapex
09-21-2022, 11:00 PM
I work at gamestop and we had to stop taking preorders for the ultra premium collection box because we got 10,000 preorders in just a couple hours and the company doesn't know if it can fulfill them lol lmao

Serebii
09-21-2022, 11:12 PM
I work at gamestop and we had to stop taking preorders for the ultra premium collection box because we got 10,000 preorders in just a couple hours and the company doesn't know if it can fulfill them lol lmao

I wonder how many of those are scalpers or resellers. I still can't get any evolving skies stuff because they bought everything up despite TCPI's new strategy to try and flood the market with product to counter that behavior.

Effektivv
09-22-2022, 01:51 AM
Ya it's a charizard box, scalpers wet dream.
Hopefully I find one in the wild later down the road.

parapex
09-22-2022, 03:57 PM
I wonder how many of those are scalpers or resellers. I still can't get any evolving skies stuff because they bought everything up despite TCPI's new strategy to try and flood the market with product to counter that behavior.

Oh almost definitely. I'm pretty sure the issue was that the company didn't set a limit on how many one person could preorder (something they have done before and somehow did not prevent this time...) So people were preordering upwards of 10 per person.

I've gotten a lot of real upset people come in upset because they genuinely wanted the box for themselves :/

parapex
09-22-2022, 07:11 PM
As an addendum to my previous post, I was today told, that those who ordered more than two are having their pre-orders canceled and refunded. I.E. if someone pre-ordered 10, they will only receive 2. Not sure if they're gonna be opening up preorders though.

Serebii
09-22-2022, 07:20 PM
As an addendum to my previous post, I was today told, that those who ordered more than two are having their pre-orders canceled and refunded. I.E. if someone pre-ordered 10, they will only receive 2. Not sure if they're gonna be opening up preorders though.

Usually when preorders are cancelled because of going over a limit like that they shadow drop more so people have a chance again. So here's hoping they go to people who genuinely want the cards and aren't just trying to hustle collectors for a quick buck.

RealisticError
09-22-2022, 07:27 PM
It's insane that there's any value in these new sets at all, 20 years from now all these hustlers will have thousands of boxes and no one to buy them, just like it was in steam siege, booster boxes were so cheap

Serebii
10-05-2022, 10:46 PM
So apparently the box dropped today on Pokémon Center's online store and caused such a ruckus that it:

1. Caused the site to crawl to a standstill
and
2. Sold out completely within 10 minutes

I desperately hope anyone who wanted to get this box managed to secure one. I'm already seeing "preordered item, not yet in hand" listings up on certain auction sites and rolling my eyes with disgust.

Kibba
10-05-2022, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure how many of you are into collecting the cards but dear god this looks amazing.
I'm fully expecting this to sky rocket in price.

OH MY GOSH I'm in love with this! I want them in my online game NOW! THEY LOOK SICK! :o_o:

I stopped collecting them cards when I was in high school but kept playing online

housez
10-26-2022, 11:10 AM
i just got my box last night! the QC for these promos really stink. super OC and mine had a scratch on the etched foil. My friends came with a bent corner :/

My pulls were super good tho

ixfx
11-03-2022, 08:59 AM
I got insanely lucky with these. I didn't get to preorder any but I went to gamestop and someone didn't pick up theirs so I got 2. Then I saw a post on facebook where a guy's wife got mad he bought them and told him to get his money back now so I bought his for MSRP. I got 4. I did open all the packs but I am selling the charizard cards, boxes, play mats and collectables. I will probably keep the sleeves though.