PDA

View Full Version : Do you like that they continue to release new champions?

coolgoku
08-19-2022, 12:33 PM
Not is it good for the game, whatever, just straight up do you like that they release a new champion every few months?

Juna
08-28-2022, 12:05 AM
Yes. Though they totally can increase their visual/gameplay upgrades just as much. There is still a lot of lore unexplored so new champ releases give us more lore. what I wish would happen is they stop releasing new skin lines of recycled past skin lines. All the futuristic, mecha, cyborg stuff is getting real old. skin lines like Star guardian, ocean song are very nice though.

Cat Purrson
08-31-2022, 12:48 AM
I like that they are releasing new champions, but I definitely think the rate they release them is a bit too fast. It's a little hard to keep up with who does what especially if I end up taking a little hiatus to play other games.

Zenitsu
09-21-2022, 05:26 PM
No! I don't like them releasing new ones. They are scaring new players away. They should focus on balancing the old ones and redoing some kits. My mains are pretty weak compared to the new champs, but I still like to play them.. I also hate the new Udyr :( #HaterGang

Houndoom
09-21-2022, 05:31 PM
No! I don't like them releasing new ones. They are scaring new players away. They should focus on balancing the old ones and redoing some kits. My mains are pretty weak compared to the new champs, but I still like to play them.. I also hate the new Udyr :( #HaterGang

I 100% agree with you! I'm an old-timey LoL fan (mostly played and watched during season 3-5), and coming back and trying to watch LCS is so so overwhelming that I can't keep up with what's happening, and that keeps me from getting back into the game.

Last time I played Wild Rift which theoretically is easy-mode LoL I got so confused when that one cat champion (Yuumi?) disappeared into me and I thought I was alone in lane laksjldkjf

I think if they slowed down the rate, and maybe did more different maps or game types I'd enjoy that a lot more!

Juna
09-21-2022, 05:56 PM

Nothing like getting run down by new Udyr at level 3, and getting slowed 100% and 2 shot. :)

Houndoom
09-21-2022, 05:58 PM
Nothing like getting run down by new Udyr at level 3, and getting slowed 100% and 2 shot. :)

oh my god that sounds awful alskdlfj Udyr was already scary the way he could just run at you
I didn't even realize they remade Udyr! I've been so out of the loop with LoL but am trying to get back into it before Worlds happens. I know last time I tried to watch worlds I couldn't even recognize champs I knew cause they changed the splash art heh

Juna
09-21-2022, 06:08 PM
oh my god that sounds awful alskdlfj Udyr was already scary the way he could just run at you
I didn't even realize they remade Udyr! I've been so out of the loop with LoL but am trying to get back into it before Worlds happens. I know last time I tried to watch worlds I couldn't even recognize champs I knew cause they changed the splash art heh

I usually permban Zed but phew... I've had to start banning Udyr. His AOE SLOW THAT DOES DAMAGE BTW (???) slows by so much its impossible to get away. You just have to be lucky if the person using him is just god awful and somehow you kill him before he kills you. I doubt they will nerf him before Worlds patch.
Thankfully I only play the RGM or ARAM, regulars are too scary..

Buizel
09-21-2022, 06:11 PM
I personally don't play this game, but I do see most gaming youtubers upset when someone new is upset. From other games I've played, I can only imagine it's because any new player counters a lot of plays while having few counters themselves, I imagine.

Serebii
09-21-2022, 06:14 PM
I personally don't play this game, but I do see most gaming youtubers upset when someone new is upset. From other games I've played, I can only imagine it's because any new player counters a lot of plays while having few counters themselves, I imagine.

This is basically how it is. The new champions are one of two things when released: Overtuned to the point of being broken with very few counters, or undertuned to the point of uselessness. I can't remember a time in recent memory where a new champion felt "just right" upon release before balancing came into play.

Houndoom
09-21-2022, 06:15 PM
Brittany - they often release a new champ and it'll be suuuper op, since that makes people go buy the shiny new thing and they make so much more money heh. It's really sucky but most mobas seem to operate that way
Juna - AOE + SLOW + DAMAGE is way too many things for one ability omg alskdjlfkj
By the time I was at the end of my LoL playing time I was definitely primarily only playing ARAMs which at least are fast! I most miss Twisted Treeline since it was much easier to find two friends instead of 4!

Buizel
09-21-2022, 06:21 PM
Brittany - they often release a new champ and it'll be suuuper op, since that makes people go buy the shiny new thing and they make so much more money heh. It's really sucky but most mobas seem to operate that way
Juna - AOE + SLOW + DAMAGE is way too many things for one ability omg alskdjlfkj
By the time I was at the end of my LoL playing time I was definitely primarily only playing ARAMs which at least are fast! I most miss Twisted Treeline since it was much easier to find two friends instead of 4!

That's actually what I imagined. It's really why I'm not into multiplayer games like this for that reason (that and I'd rather play solo lol). They release them OP, let people get mad for a month or so, then "nerf" them to more reasonable stats later on.

Houndoom
09-21-2022, 06:53 PM
That's actually what I imagined. It's really why I'm not into multiplayer games like this for that reason (that and I'd rather play solo lol). They release them OP, let people get mad for a month or so, then "nerf" them to more reasonable stats later on.

Yeaaaah I both get it from a business model and hate it so much as a player. Eventually I get into feeling like I can't keep up and then I quit entirely, which is what happened with LoL, and with Pokemon Unite too. I mostly wish mobas could figure out another way to diversify over just.. over and over adding a new champs

Juna
09-21-2022, 07:14 PM

They should totally do the opposite... like.. release them not disgustingly broken... then adjust numbers as time goes on. Not just LoL, but like every single game that does this.