PDA

View Full Version : Double Feature Movie Game

kittyray
07-29-2022, 10:23 AM
I saw some people on tumblr doing this as an ask game, so turning it into a forum game.

Basically one person will post a movie (any movie!) and the next poster has to pick a movie they'd show at a double feature. Any reasoning is welcome. Could be a sequel or based on the same source material, could have an overall similar vibe/themes or a similar story with contrasting presentation, maybe it's just the same director or writer or composer, maybe you just think it would be fun. Give some sort of justification and then pick a new movie for the next person to choose!

So if somebody picks Perfect Blue the next person might pick Black Swan because the two movies are very similar, or you could pick Paprika to be a Satoshi Kon night, or you could pick Spice World because it's a 1997 about popular girl groups.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Then you pick a movie for the next person to find a pair for!

So to start this off, I'm gonna sayyyyyy (really should have thought of this earlier)...

1998's You've Got Mail
([Only registered and activated users can see links])

(also if your reasoning is a spoiler please do actually use spoiler tags)

Tyranitar
07-29-2022, 10:50 AM
So to start this off, I'm gonna sayyyyyy (really should have thought of this earlier)...

1998's You've Got Mail
([Only registered and activated users can see links])

(also if your reasoning is a spoiler please do actually use spoiler tags)

Okok, shame to me that I haven't seen that movie, but be sure it's now in my To Watch List.

I'm going to go with an obvious one.

Forrest Gump ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

I think it's obvious why I picked that one, but if you're not catching it, it's because of Tom Hanks.
And Forrest Gump is one of the super duper classic movies you need to watch before even existing.

kittyray
07-29-2022, 11:07 AM
Okay so I'm gonna treat this like that was both your pick and your prompt because I've always felt like Forrest Gump would pair really well wit Big Fish, with all of the grand tales and whatnot!
[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

My next prompt is:
But I'm A Cheerleader

Kibba
07-29-2022, 11:40 AM
Okay so I'm gonna treat this like that was both your pick and your prompt because I've always felt like Forrest Gump would pair really well wit Big Fish, with all of the grand tales and whatnot!
[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

My next prompt is:
But I'm A Cheerleader

Of course I'll Bring It On

Alister
07-29-2022, 11:49 AM
Of course I'll Bring It On

a little throwback to the first movie I saw at my local theater when I moved to Austin :o_o:

I just realized I have misunderstood what we're doing here xD if I pick a movie to follow Kibba, I pick Satan's Cheerleaders

if I nominate a movie for someone else to pair, let's go with my fave vampire movie of all time since I'm all hyped I got to see it in theater recently. A hint for picking something to pair with Near Dark that isn't another vampire movie: Look up the actors and the director

kittyray
07-29-2022, 12:22 PM

DarkSkies
08-27-2022, 09:40 PM
Ok following what Alister said, I choose myself!! (drums please) lol

Ahhh you didn't see that coming :rolleyes:

And my pick is gonna be the movie Wolfwalkers!! (I'm sorry my inner child demanded to me)

Blissey
08-27-2022, 09:51 PM

ive never seen wolfwalkers but i hope im not too off? wolves, forest, girl, etc.

and this is my pick for the new prompt.
theres actually a particular movie i have in mind for what would make a great double feature. i would like for someone to guess it though :)
theres two major ways in which they are similar, and the one i will mention is that they have the same unusual pattern of reception:
they were very poorly received upon release, but have come to be known as genre bests since release.
also i mentioned them both on the "what are you angry about" board a while back lol

DarkSkies
08-27-2022, 10:01 PM
ive never seen wolfwalkers but i hope im not too off? wolves, forest, girl, etc.

Nah don't worry, those three words are right actually lol