PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite avatar?

Rattata
07-10-2022, 09:54 PM
Looking at all the new threads about trophies got me thinking about avatars. Avatars! I love to collect them. Sure TNT just released a new one last week but TNT please release a new avatar for me to go for right this second.

So! What's your favourite avatar? What's your fave in your own collection, of all time, what's your fave in a particular avatar type, what one do you really want to go for next??

Also hands up if you hate snowager

I really like the Tale of Woe avatar, it's very simple and it reminds me of how fun that plot was

I love the Darkling avatar and wish I'd been around to get it. Hey there's lots of good plot avatars...

One day I'm going to get this Neopian Times avatar, I swear

Cat Purrson
07-11-2022, 12:04 AM
Easily the kadoatie avatar 47562

which, luckily, is super easy to get using Stealth Core ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) thanks to j03

Kibba
07-11-2022, 12:31 AM
I really love the TCG - Return of Dr. Sloth Champion avy 47563 and it's one I'll never get. :cold:

If it's one I wish I had and could get, it's this one: 47564

TsUNaMy WaVe
07-11-2022, 01:09 AM
My absolute favorite is the Zafara Double Agent one
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

And the one I really wish I could own is Free Jhuidah

Hollow
07-11-2022, 01:17 AM
The Dubloon Disaster avatar!

This avatar took me absolutely ages to get. One my favourites, it's nice and simple :)

Cat Purrson
07-11-2022, 01:20 AM
The Dubloon Disaster avatar!

This avatar took me absolutely ages to get. One my favourites, it's nice and simple :)

This is one of my all time favorite games on neopets. I could sit and play this for hours but unfortunately I’m too impatient and could never unlock the avatar legit.

dustyc
07-11-2022, 01:42 AM
My all-time favorite that I'll never get is the Plushie Nova avatar from the McDonald's promotion! I guess I was too stupid as a kid to log in to get it, not that I have the same account as back then anyways, lol. I literally got the Nova plushie from McDonald's during that promo and still have it! It kills me that I'll never have the avatar version of it. :o_o:

Some attainable favorites of mine are the Blumaroo Jester and the Wheel of Excitement (for some reason it won't let me attach this image bleh) avatars, I'm thankful that both of these didn't take me too long to get! :)

Shawn
07-11-2022, 01:52 AM
I really love the TCG - Return of Dr. Sloth Champion avy 47563 and it's one I'll never get. :cold:

Same!! The Return of Dr. Sloth Champion avatar is one that I definitely wish I had

Unown
07-11-2022, 02:25 AM
All avvies that break out of the usual 4 corners (circles, shapes, etc with a transparent background) are amazing and I rotate between them frequently.

cornishwall
07-11-2022, 03:02 AM

I think the TCG - Return of Dr Sloth avatar might still be possible to obtain if you were able to find a championship code from the real life TCG tournament, but no guarantee. I think some people may be able to generate TCG codes like that since I saw dozens of 2018 and 2019 codes for sale recently when I was under the impression they were mostly gone

Double.Trouble
07-11-2022, 03:20 AM

These ones!

Aero
07-11-2022, 03:25 AM
My all-time favorite that I'll never get is the Plushie Nova avatar from the McDonald's promotion! I guess I was too stupid as a kid to log in to get it, not that I have the same account as back then anyways, lol. I literally got the Nova plushie from McDonald's during that promo and still have it! It kills me that I'll never have the avatar version of it. :o_o:

I'm SO MAD I missed this one! I totally had the opportunity to get it, but did not bc I was a dumb kid.

But anyways this is such a great question! I was an avid ACer as a kid so I have quite a few favourites... honestly the old avatars were really nicely made.

Here's an avatar I REALLY wanted as a kid, and finally got it a few years back on one of my hiatus returns:

Avatars I want but probably won't ever have (expensive) or can't get because they're retired:
[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Rattata
07-11-2022, 04:48 AM
I think the TCG - Return of Dr Sloth avatar might still be possible to obtain if you were able to find a championship code from the real life TCG tournament, but no guarantee. I think some people may be able to generate TCG codes like that since I saw dozens of 2018 and 2019 codes for sale recently when I was under the impression they were mostly gone

Oh I'd love to hear more about that, I didn't know there was a reclaim page active for codes for that

Shawn
07-11-2022, 06:33 AM

Interesting, where did you see 2018 and 2019 codes for sale :o

Aero
07-11-2022, 07:47 AM

I saw some on eBay before but they were being scalped (by a user that used to be often brought up on UYS). A while back these codes were being sold on another site for ~30 USD iirc (I can't remember what site & I think it might be against the rules for me to say anyways)? I'm not sure where those codes were gotten for or how they were so cheap, but I can say they definitely worked...

kittyray
07-11-2022, 07:58 AM
I am the absolute worst at picking favorites, so here are just some that I wish I had:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]][Only registered and activated users can see links]

I also really like the non-square ones. When going through the list I set aside Wheel Of Excitement and Faerie Bubbles and realized apparently I like rainbow circles.

DrSloth
07-11-2022, 08:36 AM
My all time favorites are all retired so unfortunately they will forever be in the wishlist spot:
From those three, even though i'm a huge krawk fan, my all time favorite is the tcg wanna play, i really like the animation and how it's drawn!

From the somewhat achiavables my favorite is:

And from the ones i have my favorite is:

The new avatars designs is just a shame to pick any of them as a favorite imo lol

edit: 2 of the avatars even though using the jn link isnt showing, the first one is the I Saved Mystery Island and as a curret favorite is the Gamesmaster Aaa

DarkSkies
07-11-2022, 10:36 AM
So this one is probably simple but I really like it <)

Hollow
07-11-2022, 12:04 PM
This is one of my all time favorite games on neopets. I could sit and play this for hours but unfortunately I’m too impatient and could never unlock the avatar legit.

Honestly I almost lost my sanity over this avatar, I spent hours, weeks, even months trying to get this avatar! I hope you do eventually get it, it's a super neat one!

Getwellsoon
07-11-2022, 12:26 PM
i always liked the NT writter battle quill one, its elegant and nostalgic to me :). also a huge fan of the “i saved mystery island” one with the volcano

Cinnamoroll
07-11-2022, 01:49 PM
Oh,I have quite a few! I really like the round, sparkly type ones :D Here's some of my favourites:

Shazi
07-11-2022, 02:53 PM
favorites that i don't have:

favs that i do have:

cornishwall
07-11-2022, 03:40 PM

A user on another NP buying/selling forum had a store with 2018 codes for $25 and 2019 codes for $50 USD a couple weeks ago. Looking again, I can't find the store, but I promise it wasn't a fever dream!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I'd love to hear more about that, I didn't know there was a reclaim page active for codes for that

No clue for the IRL Dr. Sloth TCG tournament codes since the tournament was like 17 years ago and none of the championship prizes from any IRL TCG appeared on the trading post until a couple years ago, but for ComicCon codes redemption would be Grundo Warehouse

---------------------

To be more on topic, my favorite recent avatar is Forever Loading: 47589

Alister
07-11-2022, 05:35 PM
I don't use them too often for I am a snob and they're not *~*exclusive*~* enough, but these two are my all time faves

47611 47612

Ghast
07-11-2022, 06:30 PM
My favorite avatar of all time is a tie between these two. :O

[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I have a few alts with the second one, but sadly none with Jhuidah. I wish there were a way to get old avatars...

My favorite that I do not have is Site Spotlight... technically I guess there is a glimmer of hope that I could get it some day, but who knows. Of the obtainable avatars, I like Snowmuncher. The colors are cute. :)

And for the avatars I already have... I think maybe this is my favorite.

The color is very nice :)

Trash Panda
07-11-2022, 06:47 PM
FAVES

The ones I'll never get :upset:

Cinnamoroll
07-11-2022, 07:58 PM
FAVES

The ones I'll never get :upset:

You could totally get them both with some time, NP and dedication!
Or at the very least for the maths nightmare, use them score sender ;)

sanrio
07-11-2022, 11:48 PM
My favorites are...

[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Avatars with unconventional(?) shapes are fun too! Wish TNT could add more sparkly. cute, and food themed avatars c:

Dark_dragonz
07-12-2022, 12:59 AM
I've always really admired these ones:

Lyrichord
07-12-2022, 01:10 AM
The avatar I most wish I had:

I'm with Cinna on those cute ones!

alenka
07-12-2022, 01:57 AM
Years and years ago, I decided that I really wanted a rainbow avi, because you couldn't mention anything to do with being queer on Neo still, and it was my little way of expressing myself. However, the more common ones weren't... really that pretty to me, personally, or I didn't care about the pet on them. The only one I actually really liked was the stamp - other one:
It took. Such a long time. I ended up getting SUPER lucky and snagged the Golden Coco Stamp for literal pennies, and now its my absolute favorite avatar in the world. I still use it every day, even though I can scream about being gay from the top of the hill if I want, just because its genuinely one of the cuter avatars for me, personally.

For retired ones, I'm going to cry over this one for the rest of my life u_u

Serebii
07-12-2022, 03:06 AM
I have a bunch of favorites, but most of them do something to make the shape a bit more interesting, or they include lots of glitter and sparkles. Sort of seems like they're popular overall because of that.

47660 47661 47662 47663

---

One avatar I really do regret missing out on is this one though: 47664

I was there during the event, but too young and stupid to figure out how to advance through the plot on my own, and this was back when people weren't so reliable about getting guides up, so I stood no chance at getting it.

pillowfighter
07-12-2022, 06:05 AM
47667 47668 47669

It won’t let me upload more for some reason but I love these three! as well as the weewoo avatar, faerie bubbles and kadoatie avatars!
Ace Zafara is great too. I wish there was a bigger selection of “cutesy” ones.

I feel like I’ll never get that math nightmares one and it truly pains me ;____;

Wandas
07-12-2022, 08:29 AM
What I own:

Escape from meridell, mortog kiss, kiko rock, colorful chomby, starry kau

What I don't own:

stamp collector (coins), stamp collector (virtuepets), site spotlight, battledome veteran, random contest

Overall my favorites are the stamp collectors because their pixel art and composition is absolutely gorgeous. I want to go for coins someday but Its probably unobtainable

honeycomb
07-12-2022, 07:14 PM
my favorite avatar of All Time that i'm so mad i'll never have on my main is this beautiful one
the colors.. the kau... it's just so pretty. i've loved it for years!!

my favorite one that i do have is this one
i love the colors and the rainbow letters. my first stamp avvie as well!!

Crowley
07-12-2022, 08:52 PM
i really love the leaf on the wind avatar

i don't use it but i like hoban and thought it was cute how the plot's avatar featured him

Hawking
07-12-2022, 08:55 PM
Snow Wars II, battledome stamp collector, and lost desert stamp collector!

Flordibel
07-13-2022, 09:33 AM
The SITE SPOTLIGHT avatar is my ultimate favorite. It's so cute and so very... early 2000s in the sheer optimism it has. Look how happy you can be just by looking at the computer screen!! The slightly off-kilter look is vintage Neopets, and I love it.

I also think the old Volcano Mystery avatar is hilarious. I wish I had this one! It's similar to those newer movie-type avatars, but the transitions are way more charming, there's a little story within it, and the use of o_0 will never die.

DrillyGang
07-14-2022, 03:05 AM
Literaly avatars that i know i'll never obtain. 2sad4me lol

Heck
07-17-2022, 09:04 PM

And as a kid this one for some reason:
I don't find it nearly as cute now though. Child Heck had doggy doo-doo taste I guess lol.

Rattata
07-17-2022, 10:21 PM

have a look at every single comic in this week's neopian times

you can reach for that star

DrillyGang
07-18-2022, 08:00 AM
have a look at every single comic in this week's neopian times

you can reach for that star

lmaooo shots fired, but thank you sm, you probably right, im just lazy... uwu*

phantasia
07-18-2022, 08:29 AM
Like most of you
and
This is like the avatar I really really wish I had! And also the one I will never get

I also dont have any stamp avatars and I would LOVE to have
well I would love to have all of them but that one is the prettiest

And then the Buried treasure avatar still alludes me. Despite having run the script for days. Like really!

There are 29 more avatars I can get. Mostly stamps.
Captain contest
Buried treasure
Neopian times
Beauty contest

Ariealle
07-18-2022, 09:17 AM
hmm. favourite avatars you say? let's see..

Angry Air Mote
I think this one is beautiful. the eyes are very pleased.

Number Six
I love this one because it was the very first I ever got. memories of 11k.

Faerie Bubbles - Baaba - Maths Nightmare
Both for the same reason. took a lot of work and patience and grinding. FB took about 3 months of work every day since the release, and MN was only recently, maybe the past 4-5 years? on a virtual machine. pretty sure I got it a little bit before I joined here, or certainly would have saved myself some hassle. what a nightmare. it's the work that went into it that I'm proud of.

Lennies Rule
Love this one as I was actually able to solve it on my own. first and only time.

Free Jhuidah
last but not least, one that I'll never get as I quit the step right before bc I didn't know what to do. the young me inside hurts every time. will never forget.

candyjackalteeth
07-19-2022, 09:45 PM
on terms of avatars that I will never be able to get lol:

Monster Hunting - so ridiculous that it's funny and I love that

Otherwise

Babaa - Maths Nightmare I want so bad it's so cute I'm just bad at flash games lmao

Kadoatery - I adore but probably wont ever use because so does everyone else

Spardel - is mega cute

oddish
07-21-2022, 09:32 PM
47874 47875

Kad and squished spiders

Lyrichord
07-21-2022, 09:36 PM
Like most of you
and
This is like the avatar I really really wish I had! And also the one I will never get

I also dont have any stamp avatars and I would LOVE to have
well I would love to have all of them but that one is the prettiest

And then the Buried treasure avatar still alludes me. Despite having run the script for days. Like really!

There are 29 more avatars I can get. Mostly stamps.
Captain contest
Buried treasure
Neopian times
Beauty contest

I hate to say it Buried Treasure took me over a year with the script used judiciously, aka not during sleep time. With the help of cK, Beauty Contest will be no issue. You've got it!

Charmander
07-22-2022, 12:20 AM
Oh I can't believe I haven't responded to this yet! I would say that the avatar I find the most eye catching and appealing and all time favourite would have to be:

I just love the colours and I am so sad that I missed that plot.

The avatar that I have that is my absolute favourite would have to be:

This one I am super proud to have and the little Weewoo is sooooo cute!

EnderTheory
07-23-2022, 02:23 AM
My favorite avatars that I don't currently own would have to be between

A lot of the stamp collector ones are just so good but also a lot of neopoints haha

From among my collection, some of my favorites would have to be

I think some stuff I like within avatars are darker color schemes like red + black & just general subject material including favorite petpets/pets.

Some obtainable avatars that I'm currently working on/would like to achieve would include

(Someday for snowie, someday...)

gayblayde
07-23-2022, 03:35 PM
The avatar I consistently use and have used for many years is very very rare so I am not mentioning it, but earning it was a very special achievement for me, so it's got a very special place in my heart. A combination of my pets and that avatar are why I wanted my main unfrozen for so long and was so happy to have it back.

Someone above mentioned the Mystery Island avatars like Free Jhuidah and the O_o one and I was there for that plot and got neither of those avatars and it makes me sad to this day.

Seeno
07-23-2022, 07:05 PM
Clickables/Easy Avatars:
I hope the site could release more avatars with unique shapes like those cuties

General:
I think they are cool/pretty/neat!

Impossible:
My impossible retired dream :(

Sakuras
07-24-2022, 01:27 PM
Plushie Nova. Had it on my original account and I miss it so much.

danii
07-24-2022, 01:36 PM
coco roller. so flipping cute. not incredibly flashy, just 8 bit cuteness

Shiny Espurr
07-24-2022, 02:14 PM
Gonna be basic and say the kad avatar, it’s just so cute.

I also second coco roller ^ would be great if they somehow made that attainable again

John Cena
07-24-2022, 02:41 PM
have to agree with Shiny Espurr, the Kad avatar is just too adorable! Definitely my favourite.

hearts
08-03-2022, 07:43 AM
I will never receive the amount of dopamine that I got from feeding my 75th Kadoatie on dial-up speed Internet ever again.

When I look at this avatar, I see blood, sweat, and tears.

Blueskies50
08-04-2022, 12:53 AM
I love the 'Whee!' snowbunny avatar, the little sparkles and the light up text make me so nostalgic for 2000s internet in general <3

kendreadful
08-04-2022, 09:33 PM
This is one of my faves too. I wanted that avvie so bad when I played Neopets as a kid. Now I'm an adult and don't suck at the game I have it lololol

HiroiSekai
08-07-2022, 03:43 AM
Always liked this one, just the gentle smooch text followed by a Mortog exploding violently.

This however, is the rarest one I have so far. Never once knocked a coconut down at the Shy back in the day, but it just decided to happen when I came back as an adult. Cool.

pillowfighter
08-07-2022, 03:53 AM
Ugh so bummed about the flash dying thing because I just downloaded stuff to try to get the babaa maths nightmares avatar 😩
Hopefully they fix it.

Seeing this thread again made me go and look at retired avatars and this one is absolutely gorgeous.

This avatar is also one of my favorites!

Narkotiq
08-11-2022, 02:33 AM
I love everything Eliv Thade, Kiko with headphone is just too cute, and dark lurker looks all dark and evil.

pillowfighter there's a browser you can download called Pale Moon that still lets you use flash. That's what I used to get the few game avatars I have.

Blissey
08-11-2022, 11:52 AM
above were my favorites when i was a kid. i think the pink one was my all-time favorite - i was always on the lookout for any pink pets so i could get it.

aaaaand these are my current faves, mostly aesthetically based

miss_darkie
08-11-2022, 01:11 PM
Probably my lenny conundrum because it can never be obtained anymore :D

AmandaBynes
08-16-2022, 01:10 AM
My go-to/general favorites are the purpley ones, that particular shade of purple is everything

[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Most wanted avvy. Anything dark faerie I swoon :love-struck: