PDA

View Full Version : Remember when Pokémon was just a tv show?

phantasia
07-05-2022, 05:02 AM
I feel old right now.
I still remember when pokemon was just a tv show. I loved pikachue it was my favorite. At the start there were not many transformations at all.

Then came the app and suddenly it was the first real word interactive game because the balls appeared everywhere. I was already old then. MY friends kids played it... I never did. Now it feels like Pokemon is like a world of it own with so many things. Trading? Like its a new concept.

Anyone where I am? Feeling old?

Cinderella
07-05-2022, 05:06 AM
Sure do! it has come a long way! the trading cards and pokemon go and switch games are are still super popular where I live.

mugi
07-05-2022, 05:07 AM
I remember when Pokemon was just a game then the anime TT
I feel old as heck too knowing that it started in 1996.

When I see my nephews and nieces looking at me confused and not understanding why I love pokemon so much just breaks my heart when I try to introduce them to it.

phantasia
07-05-2022, 05:21 AM
Sure do! it has come a long way! the trading cards and pokemon go and switch games are are still super popular where I live.

I am not sure if its just not popular here or if I am just not moving in the circles that it is popular in. I can say that it is not something you would really see in toy stores but on the other hand I dont really go to toystores that much.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when Pokemon was just a game then the anime TT
I feel old as heck too knowing that it started in 1996.

When I see my nephews and nieces looking at me confused and not understanding why I love pokemon so much just breaks my heart when I try to introduce them to it.

The game only started to gain popularity here when I was already finshed with university. I think the Anime was the only thing that was there while I was still in school

Serebii
07-05-2022, 06:02 AM
The anime was the first thing that introduced me to Pokémon as a whole, then I got into the cards because of kids at school followed by the games a bit after because my parents were those bible thumper types who thought video games were evil at first.

Looking back, even despite the Pokémania that happened around '98, everything did feel simpler back then. Maybe the more limited amount of Pokémon had something to do with it too.

Emerchy
07-05-2022, 06:12 AM
I watched the show religiously until Gen 3 but I never stopped playing the games. I had the first season on video and all the TCG packs :P
I remember getting a purple Gameboy Colour and Pokemon Red for christmas and I couldn't put it down haha

Strat
07-05-2022, 06:51 AM
I certainly do remember this, I was in my first year of high school when it aired on TV here. It blew up like nothing else I have ever seen. Then came the Gameboy games. The amount of hours of gameplay that I put into the Red and Blue versions was nuts. All of a sudden, there was a Yellow (Pikachu) version released, then came the colour aspect of the games..... GAMECHANGING....

I only recently dug out my Gameboy Advance and found all of my old cartridges. I checked what kind of value they are currently worth as I am considering selling them and WOW, people are paying stupid prices for original hardware/games.

Pokemon as a whole has been a part of my life since I was 12 years old and now it's a huge part of my kids' lives too. They love Pokemon Go and the Switch versions of the games (although I still argue that you cannot beat the OG's). It is great to see the franchise still going strong after all of these years indeed.

Rattata
07-05-2022, 07:15 AM
you didn't take my advice about the rattata! you will regret this!!

xChoppie
07-05-2022, 07:24 AM
I enjoyed watching Pokemon when it was just Ash, Misty and Brock and I stopped after that.
My brother bought me a Pikachu soft toy because he said it resembles me. HAHAHA.

I used to play Pokemon yellow, red and blue too!

Over here, Pokemon Go is actually more popular with the adults in their 40s/50s and above?
There are senior citizens riding a bicycle with like multiple devices.
Not as exaggerating as the picture below but more of like with 4 ~ 5 phones?
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

phantasia
07-05-2022, 07:38 AM
I enjoyed watching Pokemon when it was just Ash, Misty and Brock and I stopped after that.
My brother bought me a Pikachu soft toy because he said it resembles me. HAHAHA.

I used to play Pokemon yellow, red and blue too!

Over here, Pokemon Go is actually more popular with the adults in their 40s/50s and above?
There are senior citizens riding a bicycle with like multiple devices.
Not as exaggerating as the picture below but more of like with 4 ~ 5 phones?

omw that looks so ridiculous. Would you then be logged onto the sae account or have multiple accounts

Charmander
07-05-2022, 07:44 AM
I was in grade 4 or 5 when I started getting into Pokémon. Which I belive I was in 1997ish times. Omg what a flash back. I remember rushing home every day from the school bus to watch the Pokémon sho on YTV. Then I had a friend on the school bus who had Pokémon red for his GBC. I begged my parents for a GBC and Pokémon Blue. And I got it for my bday. My friend and I always played on the bus ride. I remember having to trade by cable link and that was just a whole new world! Then the Pokémon cards came out. And boy if younger me knew what they were today I would have for sure hung onto them instead of selling them in a garage sale. Would have done the same too with my Gameboy original, gbc and games. Oh well. Anyways I Remer how the cards were quickly banned from schools due to the fights it would cause and kids getting ripped off. It's crazy to see how this show has turned into quite the dynasty!

xChoppie
07-05-2022, 08:19 AM
omw that looks so ridiculous. Would you then be logged onto the sae account or have multiple accounts

I'm not sure about that but I always go O__O when I see them.
HAHA! I'm amazed by their dedication too.
But I guess it helps to keep them healthy in a way? By exercising and keeping them occupied.

phantasia
07-05-2022, 08:22 AM
I'm not sure about that but I always go O__O when I see them.
HAHA! I'm amazed by their dedication too.
But I guess it helps to keep them healthy in a way? By exercising and keeping them occupied.

40/50 is still very young I would think they would be working building there lives. I think 30-60 is when you are suppose to work your ass off to build a future not playing games.. But thats just me. And I a on here right now while I should really be building that future. My parents are in there 60's I think I can see them doing something like that to keep busy but I think they dont consider being on an app as relaxation.

Ice
07-05-2022, 08:42 AM
I think I was still a small kid when the games were getting really popular (my older cousins were playing Red/Blue when they were first brought to the states) but I personally didn't start playing the games myself until Yellow version. I have a very strong memory of wanting Crystal for Christmas when I was maybe around 7ish? if memory serves right and I found a cartridge in my mom's stuff (she had bought it off ebay bless her) and I was SOOO excited :o_o: Crystal absolutely remains my favorite version to date and I would buy a remake in a heartbeat.

My sibling and I definitely spent a lot of Saturday mornings trying to wake up early and watch the Pokemon show though, I remember watching it from its original run maybe up through like Advance? or the one before. Honestly for us 90s kids I feel like the original Pokemon season just really hits different. We are the generation of nostalgia though and cling to our childhoods where things were simpler/life wasn't a fucking battle to get through every day LOL.

Kibba
07-05-2022, 09:10 AM
I was born in '93 and I always watched pokemon, like every day, one of the biggest fans as a lil kid.
Then in like 2000, I had my first game, Pokemon Gold and my life changed. I then got Blue and Red and as today, I have all the games that pokemon has released.

I watch the anime here and there, have watched many seasons completely, have to catch up with Pokemon Journeys

Bulbasaur
07-05-2022, 10:09 AM
Oh my, I remember when Red and Blue first came out lol I was about 10.
I also remember when the show only came out once a week and we had to wait so long sometimes for a new episode!

My grandfather always had the TV ready for when it would come on and my brothers and I would go and get our blankets, snacks and get all excited. It was like we were getting ready for an epic movie :o_o:

Strat
07-05-2022, 10:14 AM
Oh my, I remember when Red and Blue first came out lol I was about 10.
I also remember when the show only came out once a week and we had to wait so long sometimes for a new episode!

My grandfather always had the TV ready for when it would come on and my brothers and I would go and get our blankets, snacks and get all excited. It was like we were getting ready for an epic movie :o_o:

It was always on in the mornings right before we had to leave for school, so majority of the time, we had to record it on VHS to be able to watch it after school instead. It was really annoying. But on Saturdays in the morning, they also did re-runs of like 5 episodes, so that was kind of cool. I spent many a cold, wintery weekend morning binging the shit out of Pokemon :D

Alister
07-05-2022, 10:24 AM
I was 9 when Pokemon Red/Blue were released and I was obsessed. It further blew my mind as a kid watching the anime for the first time and seeing Mew and Mewtwo in the actual opening credits like omg?????? also most hype theme to a show ever*. I remember, the show used to air around the time I'd be waiting with my dad to pick my brother up from basketball practice after school. We had a ridiculous family van with a TV and a VHS player in the back so I'd always watch Pokemon on this old box set with horrible reception. I can distinctly remember ugly crying during the Goodbye, Butterfree! episode xD

Pokemon will always be my comfort series. I loved it when I was a kid and obsessively followed the series and games through Crystal, took a very long, reluctant hiatus once I got older, then got back into the series right before Sun and Moon came out. There was a family tragedy and I was sitting around with all this time on my hands while on bereavement leave and got the random inspiration to go get a 3DS and a copy of Pokemon X for a distraction and that was that, I was hooked again.

*except for Monster Rancher and Sonic Underground, of course ;D

xmilo
07-05-2022, 10:27 AM
It was always on in the mornings right before we had to leave for school, so majority of the time, we had to record it on VHS to be able to watch it after school instead. It was really annoying. But on Saturdays in the morning, they also did re-runs of like 5 episodes, so that was kind of cool. I spent many a cold, wintery weekend morning binging the shit out of Pokemon :D

Same here! But in my country, they would only show on weekend mornings. To be specific, at 9am. I always hated to wake up so early just to catch the show, only to oversleep and wake at 10am instead. I also remembered when gameboy yellow came out on gameboy emulators. and my uncle would play it while my brother and i watched from the side. man, we sure came a long way, now that we have virtual reality and using apps to catch pokemon IRL.

Bulbasaur
07-05-2022, 10:37 AM

Oh yes! My grandfather use to record shows for us so we could rewatch them lol
I remember when I use to rewind the intro just so I could sing the Theme over and over again!
Wish I kept those VHSs though.

Trash Panda
07-05-2022, 10:41 AM
Even when it was just a TV show I remember Pokémon was such a big deal among kids. I was about 10-ish when I was gifted my first ever pokemon game: Pokémon Special Pikachu Edition, and I was over the moon. I remember my dad also recorded movies and pokemon episodes on a VHS from the TV so I could watch them whenever I wanted lol.

Also, the Tazos! I'm not sure if they were a thing outside Latin America, but when I was in Elementary School, they were POPPIN, every one had their tazos collection and would challenge friends to play with them. I had like 100+ tazos until my baby sister gave them away to her kindergarden friends because she wanted to be popular :blue:

Strat
07-05-2022, 10:41 AM
Oh yes! My grandfather use to record shows for us so we could rewatch them lol
I remember when I use to rewind the intro just so I could sing the Theme over and over again!
Wish I kept those VHSs though.

Haha yes, the theme song. I reckon I would still remember the lyrics today if I tried.

Me and my mates back in the day used to ride our bikes up and down the streets near my house belting out the Pokemon theme song so often. It was a very inspirational theme song for sure.

Teakwood
07-05-2022, 10:43 AM
Even when it was just a TV show I remember Pokémon was such a big deal among kids. I was about 10-ish when I was gifted my first ever pokemon game: Pokémon Special Pikachu Edition, and I was over the moon. I remember my dad also recorded movies and pokemon episodes on a VHS from the TV so I could watch them whenever I wanted lol.

Also, the Tazos! I'm not sure if they were a thing outside Latin America, but when I was in Elementary School, they were POPPIN, every one had their tazos collection and would challenge friends to play with them. I had like 100+ tazos until my baby sister gave them away to her kindergarden friends because she wanted to be popular :blue:

I'll be randomly playing a game with some friends and belt out the song. They hate it, but I love it LOL.

It's so funny how one song can bring together so many people ya know?

Strat
07-05-2022, 10:44 AM

Oh man, I don't think we ever got these in Australia, but hot damn, if we had, I would have collected the crap out of them. I used to collect the original Looney Toons/Chester Cheetah/Space Jam etc Tazo's. I had the complete sets of all of those. I could imagine trying to collect all of the Pokemon ones like you were a trainer catching them all haha

kittyray
07-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Honestly I don't remember the early days of Pokemon, I think I might have been a bit late, but it's weird, I don't remember getting introduced to Pokemon, I just know at some point I got into the craze. I remember watching the show and then calling my friends during the commercials and getting upset when our broadcasts were a few seconds out of sync (remember this, I think I was destined to be the type into live episode discussions of new episodes on reddit in the like). I got super into collecting the cards and this must have been just before it really exploded because I remember at first having to go to more nice shops to find them before they were at places like toy stores.
My very first gameboy experience was borrowing Pokemon Red from a friend who wasn't that into Pokemon and didn't care if restarted her game and oversaved it, but I also remember the huuuuuge thing of people letting each other try the game from the start and then ending without saving when time was up. Eventually I got an atomic purple gameboy color and yellow for my birthday.

But I honestly don't really remember the order of these events at all. The only clue I have is who I played with and who moved where when, and looking at US release dates, but truly truly do not remember whether it was show/cards/games first for me.

Buizel
07-05-2022, 12:01 PM
The TV Show was how I learned about the best boy Buizel haha. :) I used to love the theme songs as well. If anyone still watches the show, has Ash won a tournament yet or??? Because I definitely remember he kept taking L after L each season :disturbed:

kittyray
07-05-2022, 12:04 PM
I'm also really curious how old everybody is in this thread. I was already pretty young when Pokemon started blowing up in the US, so I imagine for some of you everything was Already There by the time you were forming proper memories?

[edit] Or even before you were born, omg. I know we got some people in their early 20s here.

Aero
07-05-2022, 12:24 PM
I'm also really curious how old everybody is in this thread. I was already pretty young when Pokemon started blowing up in the US, so I imagine for some of you everything was Already There by the time you were forming proper memories?

[edit] Or even before you were born, omg. I know we got some people in their early 20s here.

I was pretty young as well to the point where I can't remember my first interest in Pokemon but my mum can. I kept telling her about "Pikachu" lol. But I definitely watched the show in North America as far back as I can remember so maybe 4 ?

Trash Panda
07-05-2022, 12:32 PM

I looked it up and Pokemon was created about a year after I was born, but it didn't blew up in my country until the early 2000's, that's when I was in Elementary School.

I also remember the satanic panic that came along with Pokemon. I had a couple of school friends that weren't allowed to play/watch anything related to pokemon because it was the dEViL

Shazi
07-05-2022, 01:06 PM
my daughter is four and starting to really get into pokemon, & i always feel like
me & my brother would always watch pokemon after school. i think it was pokemon, then digimon, then dbz?? if i'm remembering right, idk it was so long ago.

Hall
07-05-2022, 02:17 PM
I don't? I'm decently I was playing Blue before the show came out then going crazy over lunchable 'cards' and the actual TCG.

Oh gods recalling that aged me so much.

Bulbasaur
07-05-2022, 02:23 PM
Haha yes, the theme song. I reckon I would still remember the lyrics today if I tried.

Me and my mates back in the day used to ride our bikes up and down the streets near my house belting out the Pokemon theme song so often. It was a very inspirational theme song for sure.

Oh, I still can for sure! As a matter of fact, I actually listen to the theme song ever so often. Same with the PokeRap lol
...Im just a big Pokemon nerd

Im just not a big fan of the newer episodes is all lol

Jackalope
07-05-2022, 02:26 PM
Sort of but I feel like the trading cards and GameBoy games came so close on it's heels that it all blends together for me. Pokemon Red and Blue, trading cards at school, and watching the show feel like they all happened at nearly the same time. I was like 10 or 11 when it was all coming out though so my memory isn't perfect. It's pretty wild how far it's all come though. I'm still just as hooked on the games as I was as a kid but I haven't watched the show for like 15 years.

Bulbasaur
07-05-2022, 02:37 PM
Sort of but I feel like the trading cards and GameBoy games came so close on it's heels that it all blends together for me. Pokemon Red and Blue, trading cards at school, and watching the show feel like they all happened at nearly the same time. I was like 10 or 11 when it was all coming out though so my memory isn't perfect. It's pretty wild how far it's all come though. I'm still just as hooked on the games as I was as a kid but I haven't watched the show for like 15 years.

This is actually the boat Im in. I haven't watched the show in years, but I still love the game and stuff. IF I had the money, I would be collecting cards still though lol But I stopped a few years back.
Im still very excited for the new games and I cant wait till they come out! I need me them profs B) lol

Jackalope
07-05-2022, 02:39 PM
This is actually the boat Im in. I haven't watched the show in years, but I still love the game and stuff. IF I had the money, I would be collecting cards still though lol But I stopped a few years back.
Im still very excited for the new games and I cant wait till they come out! I need me them profs B) lol

I'm so excited for the new games. They need to give me more information soon or I will implode. :o_o:

Bulbasaur
07-05-2022, 02:45 PM
I'm so excited for the new games. They need to give me more information soon or I will implode. :o_o:

Yes! I want to play it so much!
I will admit though, that Im not a giant fan of the multiplayer aspect of it. I love Nintendo and Pokemon, but they haven't really been the best with online connection lol Plus, Im not really sure what the point of grouping up will be?
I dont know, maybe Im to negative about it.

But Pokemon has come such a long way from where its been! A show, a game, cards, apps! Im gonna be 50 years old and wanting to get the newest games. Pokemon: Car and Pokemon: Plain!

Jackalope
07-05-2022, 03:28 PM
Yes! I want to play it so much!
I will admit though, that Im not a giant fan of the multiplayer aspect of it. I love Nintendo and Pokemon, but they haven't really been the best with online connection lol Plus, Im not really sure what the point of grouping up will be?
I dont know, maybe Im to negative about it.

But Pokemon has come such a long way from where its been! A show, a game, cards, apps! Im gonna be 50 years old and wanting to get the newest games. Pokemon: Car and Pokemon: Plain!

Yeah I don't have high hopes for the multiplayer but it seems like that's more of a direction that Nintendo is going and expecting their franchises to follow suit. Like how Animal Crossing has multiple people on the same island even though no one asked for that. I think I'll probably be in retirement still playing the newest Pokemon games too. It was one of the first games that got me into gaming at a young age and I don't think I can ever let it go at this point. Hopefully the keep improving and growing with the technology as well because honestly it forces me to learn new things.

Hollow
07-05-2022, 03:35 PM
I remember it as a show for sure. The intro song is iconic!

I was pretty late to playing the games, in fact my first Pokemon game was Sword! I've missed out on all the classics, didn't actually have a Game Boy as a kid, it wasn't until I got the Switch that I finally got round to playing Pokemon. I'm sort of sad that I missed out on some awesome games but also happy that I can still play the ones that are available currently!

Druid
07-05-2022, 05:19 PM
nah I don't remember it ever being "just" anything. my parents were pretty strict so I wasn't allowed to have video games or watch the show until a little later, but here I am in 1998 or '99 in a pikachu shirt designing my own pokemon and characters

my first introduction to it would've been either pokemon cards (biggest fad to ever sweep elementary school until it was banned because anything "for keeps" was way more trouble than it was worth), or the "pokemon handbook" which I traced all my favourites out of over and over. also it was just EVERYWHERE - I was way in well before I got my first gameboy in 2001, or whenever it was my parents finally dropped the "no TV channels with commercials" rule. definitely also saw at least two pokemon movies in theatres? that one Pokemon Go Summer (2016..?) was a cool little echo of its absolute cultural dominance when I was little haha

honeycomb
07-05-2022, 05:35 PM
the show was my introduction to pokemon when i was really little!! i had a purple gameboy with the ugly little light thing and i got into the games, then the cards.
my neighbor was a few years older than me and he would always give me his cards he didnt want anymore or his little figures he didnt like. i miss waking up early on the weekends though to watch the anime on tv!

kittyray
07-05-2022, 05:52 PM
nah I don't remember it ever being "just" anything. my parents were pretty strict so I wasn't allowed to have video games or watch the show until a little later, but here I am in 1998 or '99 in a pikachu shirt designing my own pokemon and characters

my first introduction to it would've been either pokemon cards (biggest fad to ever sweep elementary school until it was banned because anything "for keeps" was way more trouble than it was worth), or the "pokemon handbook" which I traced all my favourites out of over and over. also it was just EVERYWHERE - I was way in well before I got my first gameboy in 2001, or whenever it was my parents finally dropped the "no TV channels with commercials" rule. definitely also saw at least two pokemon movies in theatres? that one Pokemon Go Summer (2016..?) was a cool little echo of its absolute cultural dominance when I was little haha

The Summer of Pokemon Go felt truly magical. I'd moved to New York a couple months prior and it felt like eight million of us were playing together. I feel like it was the only time where it was acceptable there to go up and start chatting with strangers because "did you see that Scyther" and some of the hotspots were just wild.

Charmander
07-05-2022, 07:03 PM
The Summer of Pokemon Go felt truly magical. I'd moved to New York a couple months prior and it felt like eight million of us were playing together. I feel like it was the only time where it was acceptable there to go up and start chatting with strangers because "did you see that Scyther" and some of the hotspots were just wild.

That would have been such a neat experience. I wish when PoGo was first release I lived in a larger center like that for that experience! Now I feel that the novelty had worn off and now people just spoof (myself included). However maye that is just me and our local areas and maybe others are still bumpin

kittyray
07-05-2022, 07:09 PM
That would have been such a neat experience. I wish when PoGo was first release I lived in a larger center like that for that experience! Now I feel that the novelty had worn off and now people just spoof (myself included). However maye that is just me and our local areas and maybe others are still bumpin

I haven't played much since COVID hit because I haven't gone out much, but I know stuff was pretty active up until then. I didn't play as much after moving to the Bay Area because it's a much less walkable city (seriously RIP in pieces my step count) and pokestops/gyms weren't nearly as dense. People still organized raid meetups and things like that, but I never actively participated because I felt shy. In New York, up until I moved in mid 2018, it was still going pretty strong. Parks had people doing raids regularly and lots of meetups going on, but even less organized things, too. Sometimes I'd notice a raid while just walking about so I'd find an out of the way spot to stop to try it and so would a dozen other people. At this point people were less friendly about it, but we all know what everybody was doing.

But yeah, I had no idea how much New York was the outlier as far as stop/gym densities until I went some other places for visits, so I imagine it was rough.

Ice
07-05-2022, 07:11 PM
Oh god yeah that was honestly such a wild time - we had town centers that because it was summer people were hanging out at in DROVES and everyone had their phones out but it felt like human interaction and not truly staring at out screens because people were talking and sharing info and if someone would exclaim they caught such and such everyone would run over and cheer and celebrate with them. And it was definitely such a wide spectrum of people giving it a try too, not even just us millennials who were emotionally invested in the franchise. IDK but like what other cultural phenomenon could pull off something like that... you cannot deny the powerful impact Pokemon has had across several generations and its global appreciation. /wipes tear

Cinnamoroll
07-05-2022, 07:12 PM
No, I don't remember when Pokemon was just a TV show because it was always a video game first.... lol.

I watched the English version of the anime as a kid for the first couple of seasons and they fell out of it. I liked the games more, personally /shrug

It crazy to see how far it has evolved as a franchise, though.

DarkSkies
07-05-2022, 08:56 PM
I was in 2th elementary school when the show started on TV and I remember playing with a school friend to be Pokemons by saying their names (Charmander and Squirtle chapters were just out and we were just kids lol)

I was one of those kids that put Pokémon paper plastic on books and notebooks (thanks to my older sister for that!) to sadly later rip them off because the other kids started saying it was from the devil and they got me scared. Damn idiots, I should have known better to keep my printed Pokémon paper T_T

Anyway, I continue watching the show maybe until Unnova? And then on and off. Only game I did was Pokémon go at the beginning with my husband, we we're all going out first as legit players but that didn't last too much because well... Sorry I was a spoofer player haha, but I made both legit and cheater friends (and I have to say the community is pretty less toxic than the PC). I used to help legits and even got a penalty fee while driving with a friend hunting Pokémon lol

I also used bots (hey you wanna cheat then do it well haha), had my alts, pushed them all to 40, some of them died (damn Niantic lol). I was an extreme shiny collector and got the rarer ones, but I had to quit because shiny hunting was so time consuming and it was starting to affect my routine and work. So yeah, it's been like maybe 3 years I left the game and only kept 2 baby accounts that are abandoned.

Gosh I remember the Lugia and Mewtwo movie and begging my sisters to take me to the movie theater. Has it really been that many years???

bluepen
07-06-2022, 10:28 AM
i was 5 when i first saw pokemon. it feels kinda amazing my son loves them too. when he's watching it and smiling, i feel like i see myself, the me 20 yrs ago

Dark_dragonz
07-20-2022, 12:41 AM
I remember when Pokémon was just a show! They used to put it on TV at the worst time - I'd get halfway through an episode, and just before the epic part, I'd have to leave for school :mad:. I never bought Pokémon cards - opted for Yu-Gi-Oh cards instead. I always wanted to play the games, but I had to choose between a Nintendo or a ps2. I went with the ps2. If anyone recalls Pokémon Vortex, I played that for quite a while and then played Pokémon Go on release.

Now I feel like watching Pokémon and emulating the games haha!

Kibba
07-20-2022, 12:48 AM
It was literally the best moment of my day back in the day.

They used to play it right after I got home from school and on saturdays we had 4Kids which was an international channel for my country
and they played an advanced season of all the cartoons I used to watch since they aired first in the US.

I remember being so amazed and excited every saturday even tho I didn't understand english very well at that age. But look at me now,
anime, cartoons, movies and videogames (And school) made me learn almost-perfect english written and in pronunciation. Thanks Pokemon