PDA

View Full Version : WHICH LoK CHARACTER ARE YOU?

Ismira
07-03-2022, 06:04 PM
Seems like the only thing I'm good at are these quizzes LOL

Not sure if we have much of Legend of Korra fanbase here, but I've been a fan of the series since its inception and figured I'd make a thread for funsies :)

Yes, I'm aware it isn't technically considered anime, but it is an American anime-influenced animated tv series. Shush.

Some of these were tough questions and ultimately went with my gut. I hate to pick "favourites" among characters I genuinely adore.

TAKE IT HERE: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Clefairy
07-03-2022, 06:12 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I'm pretty sure we should have a lot of fans here? The series is so good and big part of my childhood :love_heart:

Now onto my image I do indeed make almost everlasting friendships when I do make authentic ones!

Hollow
07-03-2022, 06:15 PM
I also got Mako too! I think I'm pretty bias to firebending though, I think that would be the element I'd love to bend. As well as lightning!

kittyray
07-03-2022, 06:18 PM
This quiz has too many options that I just don't know which to choose – but especially favorite animal and favorite descendent. I also had no idea on bending, so I took a different Buzzfeed quiz ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and got Earth, lol.

I tried a couple different combos of descendent/animal and mostly got Bolin or Mako, but got Bolin first, so going to say that's the "real" answer even though it does not feel right at allllll.

You've got a dazzling personality that draws people in. You're basically a ball of sunshine, always making people laugh and brightening their day. You're also pretty optimistic and trust that things will usually work out in the end.

Kibba
07-03-2022, 06:50 PM
I got Mako
One of my faves!

Shazi
07-03-2022, 06:51 PM
i also got mako and i do not think it's accurate for me at all lol

Ice
07-03-2022, 10:38 PM
Ahh I enjoyed Korra a lot! I know people have their gripes with it for... a variety of reasons but I really appreciated with the showrunners did with it to "grow up" the series with the original fanbase and all the themes they explored. That being said, also not sure I agree with this but I got Bolin XD

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

His "little brother" vibe though is true as I am the younger of two siblings, and I always think about that one tumblr(?) post breaking down Bolin joining like the radicalist side of Kuvira's earth empire or w/e just to stick it to Mako and it truly is THE younger sibling thing to do lmao

Zapdos
07-03-2022, 10:42 PM
Mako
You're very strong in your principles, and you're determined to live your life according to these ideals. You will stop at nothing to protect your family. You make deep, lasting connections that will last a lifetime.

Looks like everyone is Mako! :P

Hall
07-03-2022, 11:03 PM
I only got halfway through the first season, but I remember experiencing it with everyone else. Especially the ending with Asami and Korra! <3

I got:
Bolin
You've got a dazzling personality that draws people in. You're basically a ball of sunshine, always making people laugh and brightening their day. You're also pretty optimistic and trust that things will usually work out in the end.

DarkSkies
07-03-2022, 11:55 PM
Yeah I'm also Team Bolin, c'mn ppl we can win over Team Mako :o_o: lol

Bolin

I really didn't see Korra beyond some fast reviews but I recognize the characters :P

GreyFaerie
07-04-2022, 12:08 AM
Korra
You're determined to prove yourself in this world and to live up to your full potential. You don't mind putting in the hard work if it means your dreams will come true. You're a very passionate person, and this fire inside you makes you special.

I disagree but what I do know is that my results never match the popular ones. You are all Team Bolin/Mako. And me? Korra. Okay. This "belonging" thing is not my thing.

Ice
07-04-2022, 12:11 AM
I was wondering when Korra was going to show up! Even if these tests are very inaccurate, I thought it was very interesting that a lot of us got Mako and Bolin. :o It makes me wonder how much overlap we truly have - but when the test is just based off of very arbitrary things like favorite animals and such we take it all with a very big pinch of salt. XD

But I guess Ismira and Grey Faerie can be a ship heehee :rolleyes:

DarkSkies
07-04-2022, 12:44 AM
Korra
You're determined to prove yourself in this world and to live up to your full potential. You don't mind putting in the hard work if it means your dreams will come true. You're a very passionate person, and this fire inside you makes you special.

I disagree but what I do know is that my results never match the popular ones. You are all Team Bolin/Mako. And me? Korra. Okay. This "belonging" thing is not my thing.

Ohh I was hoping to see other results! And don't worry you can always be part of Team Bolin too :tiger:

With the avatar on our side no one can stop us :o_o:

honeycomb
07-04-2022, 12:49 AM
my mother asami 🙏

TsUNaMy WaVe
07-04-2022, 01:08 AM
Korra

tbh I only watched the first season of LoK but after doing this quiz and going through this thread I really want to watch it all now!

xChoppie
07-04-2022, 01:44 AM
I've gotten Mako too!
Mako
You're very strong in your principles, and you're determined to live your life according to these ideals. You will stop at nothing to protect your family. You make deep, lasting connections that will last a lifetime.

Hmmm, I don't follow my ideals strongly because I'm lazy.

pillowfighter
07-04-2022, 01:54 AM
I also got
Asami
You've got a fiercely independent streak, and you're constantly pushing yourself to be the best version of yourself. You're highly intelligent and determined to accomplish all the goals on your list. But you're also deeply kind, with a big heart and compassionate nature. What a combination!

This makes me very happy!

GreyFaerie
07-04-2022, 02:12 AM
But I guess Ismira and Grey Faerie can be a ship heehee :rolleyes:

How do you say? I have never had a ship? I have never been part of a ship? Well, you understand me, don't you? lol I feel like an old lady who doesn't know how to talk like young people. But I'm ready :rolleyes:

tbh I only watched the first season of LoK but after doing this quiz and going through this thread I really want to watch it all now!

I haven't seen it either lol, just a couple of episodes off and on, but I'm addicted to questionable quizzes. Anyway, it's a classic that I should finish at some point. Or start it properly. cofcof

Ismira
07-04-2022, 02:21 AM
Korra

You absolutely should! Some of you here may disagree, but in my opinion, the show only got better as the seasons progressed. I've re-watched both ALTA and LoK several times but haven't in the past 4-5 years? I think I may just do a marathon this weekend! :D

TsUNaMy WaVe
07-04-2022, 02:22 AM
How do you say? I have never had a ship? I have never been part of a ship? Well, you understand me, don't you? lol I feel like an old lady who doesn't know how to talk like young people. But I'm ready :rolleyes:

I haven't seen it either lol, just a couple of episodes off and on, but I'm addicted to questionable quizzes. Anyway, it's a classic that I should finish at some point. Or start it properly. cofcof

Haha yeah I feel you. Tbh I never even properly watched ATLA... I started it more than a several years ago, but got bored after like 10 eps and never continued. But LoK premise was so intriguing to me that I watched the first season when it's aired, but nothing after.
I think I should just watch both of these properly soon lol.

Ismira
07-04-2022, 02:26 AM
Haha yeah I feel you. Tbh I never even properly watched ATLA... I started it more than a several years ago, but got bored after like 10 eps and never continued. But LoK premise was so intriguing to me that I watched the first season when it's aired, but nothing after.

*splutters in disbelief* HOW DARE YOU! ATLA WAS MY CHILDHOOD!! (mid teens)
SHAME ON YOU, SHAME ON YOUR COW!! You take that back!!

kittyray
07-04-2022, 02:35 AM
Oh damn, this thread is making me want to rewatch atla/lok, it's a bit late tonight, but maybe I'll start tomorrow!

TsUNaMy WaVe
07-04-2022, 02:37 AM
*splutters in disbelief* HOW DARE YOU! ATLA WAS MY CHILDHOOD!! (mid teens)
SHAME ON YOU, SHAME ON YOUR COW!! You take that back!!

Lmao I hear this from basically every person I ever tell this to. I'm so sorry but that's really how I felt back at the time :sorrow:
ATLA started when I was a bit on the older side, during the time I gradually stopped watching TV and only watched anime on the internet... so yeah that might have something to do with it, I was just not in the right mind for it at the time. I should really give it another shot.

Dark_dragonz
07-04-2022, 02:38 AM
I absolutely love doing these quizzes! Lets see who I match...

Asami

You've got a fiercely independent streak, and you're constantly pushing yourself to be the best version of yourself. You're highly intelligent and determined to accomplish all the goals on your list. But you're also deeply kind, with a big heart and compassionate nature. What a combination!

Pretty sweet result! :$

Ismira
07-04-2022, 02:39 AM
Oh damn, this thread is making me want to rewatch atla/lok, it's a bit late tonight, but maybe I'll start tomorrow!

A splendid idea! I binge watched ATLA a few years ago while I grinding the AC. I use this time to catch up on shows/movies while grinding (I like to play legit lol) or re-watching some of my favourite movies/shows.

kittyray
07-04-2022, 02:43 AM
Lmao I hear this from basically every person I ever tell this to. I'm so sorry but that's really how I felt back at the time :sorrow:
ATLA started when I was a bit on the older side, during the time I gradually stopped watching TV and only watched anime on the internet... so yeah that might have something to do with it, I was just not in the right mind for it at the time. I should really give it another shot.

I was also on the older side for it (and I think you're a few years younger than me!), a couple of my friends watched it, but mostly people who had younger siblings, I think. I didn't watch it until the there-is-no-movie-in-ba-sing-se, which was sometime when I was in college. It's definitely worth a revisit. It's definitely child-friendly, but truly do believe most people can enjoy it because it really is wonderful storytelling.

Ismira
07-04-2022, 02:44 AM

PFFTT you're never too old for cartoons! I'm a 30-something year old and will die on this hill. NEVER!

I kid, I kid. I understand outgrowing things. I felt the same way about anime. Once I started uni, I didn't have the kind of leisure time to develop a lasting interest in a niche I wasn't too familiar with.

TsUNaMy WaVe
07-04-2022, 02:49 AM
I was also on the older side for it (and I think you're a few years younger than me!), a couple of my friends watched it, but mostly people who had younger siblings, I think. I didn't watch it until the there-is-no-movie-in-ba-sing-se, which was sometime when I was in college. It's definitely worth a revisit. It's definitely child-friendly, but truly do believe most people can enjoy it because it really is wonderful storytelling.

Haha yeah I'm saying "older" but that's because I feel like when I stopped watching TV and switched to streamed anime online was a big turning point in my childhood (teenhood?). But I have 3 younger siblings and all of them loved ATLA, so I got exposed to it a lot even without watching, so I guess I never felt the need to really go all in. And then when I tried, it just didn't catch me as the other things I was watching at the time (admittedly I was watching some anime that were totally not for my age back at the day...)
I guess the first episodes might be still on the pilot-y side and not as catching as the rest of the series :thinking:

- - - Updated - - -

PFFTT you're never too old for cartoons! I'm a 30-something year old and will die on this hill. NEVER!

I kid, I kid. I understand outgrowing things. I felt the same way about anime. Once I started uni, I didn't have the kind of leisure time to develop a lasting interest in a niche I wasn't too familiar with.

Haha it's not about cartoons at all! I am an anime and Disney addict lmao. It's just ATLA specifically that didn't catch me and I never tried again even though I know I should.

mugi
07-04-2022, 03:20 AM

I'm actually the same. I never watched ATLA...I tried but dropped it after a few episodes too.
My husband has been trying to get me to pick it up again but I still haven't fully found the interest yet ^^;;