PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon TCG Online?

Kibba
07-03-2022, 11:47 AM
Any of you here play Pokemon TCG Online?

I've been obsessed with this game this year, when I was a kid I used to play almost every day with my brother, cousins and friends.
And since I discovered (bought an ipad pro) this game, I play every single day and have been making really good decks

My mains are Dark and Psychic. What's yours?

I can't wait for the release of Pokemon TCG Live

Synth Salazzle
07-03-2022, 02:48 PM
I main the Laser Focus deck. Yes, I am a basic bitch.

Emerchy
07-03-2022, 03:09 PM
Ah I love this game, reminds me of the TCGs on the Gameboy and I so wish they'd make a new one! I don't really have a main but the decks I use most are Forest Shadow and Crushing Current :D

Kibba
07-04-2022, 12:02 PM
I main the Laser Focus deck. Yes, I am a basic bitch.

Lmao, fair enough.

I really hate the New Origin form Palkia one but at the same time I REALLY want it

Synth Salazzle
07-04-2022, 01:24 PM
Lmao, fair enough.

I really hate the New Origin form Palkia one but at the same time I REALLY want it

I haven't seen that one in play yet it's been a while since I played the online TGC (long story short, had to wipe my PC and I'm too lazy to reinstall it and do a password reset.)

Bulbasaur
07-04-2022, 07:33 PM
I remember I had a TON of those codes and used them on the app onces. I only knew the basics of playing, but it was a ton of fun! I really wish I got into more when I was a kid and just just collecting them because they looked nice lol

bluepen
07-06-2022, 10:34 AM
this is always too complex for me to start. but the art is so nice. any starter recommendation for the newbies?

Kibba
07-06-2022, 11:16 AM
I remember I had a TON of those codes and used them on the app onces. I only knew the basics of playing, but it was a ton of fun! I really wish I got into more when I was a kid and just just collecting them because they looked nice lol

I wish I could find my old codes I never used cuz I didn't play online, now I want them :(

- - - Updated - - -

this is always too complex for me to start. but the art is so nice. any starter recommendation for the newbies?

Yes! just finish all the Trainer Challenges using the basic decks given by the game, and then, when you get your first 400 coins,
buy the Relentless Flame deck. It is the best themed deck and it will help you get a lot of rewards in Versus.

Then you can buy these decks: Soaring Storm, Unseen Depths, Storm Caller, Charizard, Drednaw, Galarian Sirfetch'd, Laser Focus

bluepen
07-06-2022, 11:32 AM
I wish I could find my old codes I never used cuz I didn't play online, now I want them :(

- - - Updated - - -

Yes! just finish all the Trainer Challenges using the basic decks given by the game, and then, when you get your first 400 coins,
buy the Relentless Flame deck. It is the best themed deck and it will help you get a lot of rewards in Versus.

Then you can buy these decks: Soaring Storm, Unseen Depths, Storm Caller, Charizard, Drednaw, Galarian Sirfetch'd, Laser Focus

many thanks !!!!! truly useful guide !!!

Da Plushee Boree
08-01-2022, 02:18 PM
I'm here, playing again this stuff, with an awesome Ditto Go Deck, so watching yoy Kibba :bigeyes:

Kibba
08-01-2022, 02:25 PM
I'm here, playing again this stuff, with an awesome Ditto Go Deck, so watching yoy Kibba :bigeyes:

I've been improving my Dark and Psychic decks and now I'm building my Steel deck since I got Origin Forme Dialga V and V-Star :o_o:

Hope you have tons of fun!

Da Plushee Boree
08-01-2022, 03:01 PM
I've been improving my Dark and Psychic decks and now I'm building my Steel deck since I got Origin Forme Dialga V and V-Star :o_o:

Hope you have tons of fun!

I am having fun!
New meta is full of awesome decks! Want to try the Regi deck if i get doubles of all Regis!
Lucky you getting both Dialgas! I managed to get a physical V-Star but still missing V and alt V!

Diacetylmorphine
10-02-2022, 06:00 PM
I have a bajillion codes for this from all my pack/box opening, I really need to get into it. I love the Pokemon TCG and I've played it IRL, somehow even despite seeing the codes it just never occurred to me to try out the online TCG lol. Gonna give it a shot today! Hope it's not too overwhelming to get into the meta. What's the payment model for the game? Do you pay for cards?

Serebii
10-04-2022, 03:39 PM
I have a bajillion codes for this from all my pack/box opening, I really need to get into it. I love the Pokemon TCG and I've played it IRL, somehow even despite seeing the codes it just never occurred to me to try out the online TCG lol. Gonna give it a shot today! Hope it's not too overwhelming to get into the meta. What's the payment model for the game? Do you pay for cards?

Unless they've changed things with the move to Pokémon TCG Live, the way to pay in to the system is to buy physical packs of cards and enter in the codes received from them. Alternatively, I know some online stores sell the code cards separately for only a few cents each, so it's much cheaper to get a collection rolling that way if you don't or can't buy the physical packs.

Raposa
10-04-2022, 06:19 PM
I played TCGO since the beta. I'm in a real life TCG league too, but I'm really shy so online is when I can truly do my best. Sadly, I got way too excited to play Live and accidentally migrated my account so I'm trapped inside this awful beta. :o_o:

Kibba
10-04-2022, 08:07 PM

It's really good, at first, I just played all the levels in game and played with the decks they gave you in the Themed deck versus

After opening a BUNCH of packs I ended up getting a ton of good cards and over the time able to build great decks.
Now I level up the monthly awards pretty smooth

osrs noob
04-18-2023, 10:18 PM
I don't know if this thread is still active but I'm glad to see there are a few people who play this aside from me! My main deck I use would probably be my Psychic deck loaded with Lunala and Tapu Lele cards, it can be OP with the ability to move energy cards practically at will but I've run into certain matches where I didn't have enough firepower outside of my psychic attacks. I have Ursaring and and Khanhaskan as my back ups in the deck.

Does anyone know how you play with friends on the app? Can you add other people and play remotely?

Excalibur
05-03-2023, 08:34 AM
Seems pokemon TCG Live will leave beta and be officially released on june 8th yall! TCG Online will shut down on june 5th

Source: Serebii

Greenscreen
05-30-2023, 04:33 AM
Ive been playing TCG Live and despite all of the complaints, i do enjoy it. I dont like that trading is gone and the random glitches that still appear this far into the beta. The battle pass leaves something to be desired by the end of the pass. I literally stopped playing once i beat the battle pass this last time because there was zero incentive to keep playing until the new sets are released...

But its fun., I like the amount of free cards they give you from the very beginning when you download PTCG Live. Gardevoir is amazing. Lost box is everywhere. You dont feel like a complete newbie with no chance to compete like before in TCG Online because in Live you have enough to have competitive meta decks right from the beginning