PDA

View Full Version : Potential Pokemon Direct on Wednesday? 🤞

Jackalope
06-27-2022, 07:15 PM
Lots of rumors that we're supposed to get a Nintendo Direct later this week. Historically they're on Wednesday so I've got my fingers crossed!

If it happens what are you hoping to learn?

What are your hopes and fears for the direction of this gen?

Personally I want to know the gimmick and the starter evos most. I'm emotionally preparing myself to find out Sprigatito is bipedal.

Serebii
06-28-2022, 05:41 AM
It's not a Pokémon centric direct, sadly. Nintendo tweeted that it's for third-party developers and titles. Also if it were for Pokémon, the Pokémon twitter accounts would have said something as well.

Wooloo
06-28-2022, 05:49 AM
Lots of rumors that we're supposed to get a Nintendo Direct later this week. Historically they're on Wednesday so I've got my fingers crossed!

Personally I want to know the gimmick and the starter evos most. I'm emotionally preparing myself to find out Sprigatito is bipedal.

I think there were rumors or leaks of Sprigatito being bipedal but now I can't find it :(

Da Plushee Boree
06-28-2022, 06:27 AM

it is today! roughly in 1:30 hours
Pokémon Directs are always announced through Pokémon channels, this time it was Nintendo that posted about it :)
We're getting a 25min long Partner's Showcase

Jackalope
06-28-2022, 11:37 AM
it is today! roughly in 1:30 hours
Pokémon Directs are always announced through Pokémon channels, this time it was Nintendo that posted about it :)
We're getting a 25min long Partner's Showcase

This one was sadly for partners which Pokemon Company is not considered. On the bright side Portal is coming to Switch! But I'm still hoping tomorrow we get a Pokemon one.

- - - Updated - - -

I think there were rumors or leaks of Sprigatito being bipedal but now I can't find it :(

I know :C from a reliable source too... why do they hurt me like this?

Da Plushee Boree
06-28-2022, 11:53 AM
This one was sadly for partners which Pokemon Company is not considered. On the bright side Portal is coming to Switch! But I'm still hoping tomorrow we get a Pokemon one.

I will be eagle attentive to if I see if we're getting any announcement! :D
I was happy for today's Direct as amazing games are coming, but i'm missing a good pokémon one, we don't have enough info on this game yet! And it releases this year D:!

Jackalope
06-28-2022, 12:04 PM
Same I'm on high alert for a Pokemon announcement! It's been unusually long without so much as knowing the region name...

Kibba
06-28-2022, 12:08 PM
I hope they announce a Pokemon Direct soon, we need more Pokemon News other than the Pokemon Masters and Pokemon Go games

Abyss
06-29-2022, 10:24 AM
Pokemon did something at the beginning of this month. We won't get anything again for a while. They probably will do the same approach for news dripping similar to SwSh, because they revealed too much in Gen 7 and everyone hated it.

Jackalope
06-29-2022, 10:26 AM
Pokemon did something at the beginning of this month. We won't get anything again for a while. They probably will do the same approach for news dripping similar to SwSh, because they revealed too much in Gen 7 and everyone hated it.

I hate that you're probably right. I crave more video to disect and get hype!

Abyss
06-29-2022, 10:34 AM
I keep an eye out for leaks regularly, and generally right as the game goes gold, that's when official leaks show up.

Jackalope
06-29-2022, 10:49 AM
I keep an eye out for leaks regularly, and generally right as the game goes gold, that's when official leaks show up.

I've been following the Riddler leaks which is part of how I got the idea that we'd get a direct soon. That and wishful thinking/foolishly daring to dream.

Kibba
06-29-2022, 11:04 AM
The riddler promised the evo line for one of the starters

Megiddo
06-29-2022, 04:31 PM
The riddler promised the evo line for one of the starters

The last couple of generations I haven’t looked at any leaks or releases for any of the games. I went in and played Sword and Legends Arceus completely blind without seeing anything.

It was glorious.

Really enjoyed the process of finding out which Pokémon were available and exploring the new Pokémon. Recommend doing that if the games are starting to feel stale like they were for me.

goodnightmoon
06-29-2022, 04:57 PM
I haven't followed any leaks other than official Pokemon trailers that they put out -
that being said, Arceus was my favorite game by far. excited to see what's next... fingers crossed for an official trailer!

Kibba
06-29-2022, 05:01 PM
The last couple of generations I haven’t looked at any leaks or releases for any of the games. I went in and played Sword and Legends Arceus completely blind without seeing anything.

It was glorious.

Really enjoyed the process of finding out which Pokémon were available and exploring the new Pokémon. Recommend doing that if the games are starting to feel stale like they were for me.

I wanna do the same tho, I kinda did the same with Legends: Arceus

Druid
06-29-2022, 05:54 PM

pls no ;-; I'm so tired of anthro pokemon, especially starters.

I'm torn between wanting to know everything immediately and wanting to go into the game blind - this past/future thing is so intriguing! It feels like the games will be more different from each other than ever before, which yeah on the one hand I want to experience in real time but on the other it could drastically affect which one I want to buy (currently leaning Scarlet for the prof alone)

Megiddo
06-29-2022, 09:25 PM
pls no ;-; I'm so tired of anthro pokemon, especially starters.

I'm torn between wanting to know everything immediately and wanting to go into the game blind - this past/future thing is so intriguing! It feels like the games will be more different from each other than ever before, which yeah on the one hand I want to experience in real time but on the other it could drastically affect which one I want to buy (currently leaning Scarlet for the prof alone)

I’m surprised they haven’t made drastically different versions before. On one hand, yeah it means more time coding and whatnot, which wouldn’t be too bad once they get the core systems in place. But it means more sales, people will buy multiple if they’re different enough.

I haven’t bought multiple of a generation since Black2/White2. There’s just not enough difference to justify the cost, especially now that you can just GTS/wonder trade to get whatever you need.

In saying that, if they make these ones different enough, I might get both.

DarkSkies
06-29-2022, 10:35 PM

Noooo, I've been curious about the new starters evo line. Not bipedal again :'c

Zapdos
06-29-2022, 10:54 PM
I really hope its not another bipedal waifu bait final evo :( I miss when the final evos were gender neutral.
Pokemon like Fennekin's final evo were really disappointing.

Charmander
06-29-2022, 10:57 PM
I also am not a fan of the bipedal almost humanoid evolutions. Personally I like my pokemon to be more creature like than human.

Cinnamoroll
06-30-2022, 12:37 AM
I also am not a fan of the bipedal almost humanoid evolutions. Personally I like my pokemon to be more creature like than human.

Glad I’m not alone in this sentiment!

I don’t understand why they make so many of them bipedal. We don’t need or want that! Give me Pokémon that actually look like animals 😓

Wooloo
06-30-2022, 12:39 AM

I don't mind bipedal but I do wish there were more quadrupedal pokemon. So many are unnecessarily bipedal

Serebii
06-30-2022, 07:43 AM
I don't mind bipedal but I do wish there were more quadrupedal pokemon. So many are unnecessarily bipedal

I think it's because designs like that seem easier to make toys and plushies for... so anything intended to be massively marketed is going to suffer the fate of being either super simplified, or humanoid.

Da Plushee Boree
06-30-2022, 09:40 AM
I think it's because designs like that seem easier to make toys and plushies for... so anything intended to be massively marketed is going to suffer the fate of being either super simplified, or humanoid.

That makes a lot of sense, either chubby bipedal or humanoid pokés have a lot of marketing around

I really wish all starters remain on their 4 paws ♥

Jackalope
07-02-2022, 02:01 PM

I agree. I think they've really strayed from the creature vibes for most of them in favor of the wifu/husbando mons which I understand if that's what the market dictates but also please gimme my critters back!

Zapdos
07-02-2022, 09:11 PM
I agree. I think they've really strayed from the creature vibes for most of them in favor of the wifu/husbando mons which I understand if that's what the market dictates but also please gimme my critters back!

Agreed! I feel like we have plenty of animes that cater to the waifu crowd already, I'd hate it if Pokemon started baiting them more :(
I guess there's been waifu baits since Gen 3 though, looking at you Gardevoir lol

Bulbasaur
07-02-2022, 09:22 PM
Pokemon? :o_o:

I'd rather they stick with the creatures than the um...Human type? Im not sure what they call them.
I just hope they dont do the new starter Pokemon dirty D;

Jackalope
07-03-2022, 02:12 AM
Agreed! I feel like we have plenty of animes that cater to the waifu crowd already, I'd hate it if Pokemon started baiting them more :(
I guess there's been waifu baits since Gen 3 though, looking at you Gardevoir lol

On the one hand I don't want to yuck anyone's thing but like... I just want critters without the morality questions that come up whe you've made them humaniod?? Like are they sentient?

Wooloo
07-03-2022, 07:01 AM
On the one hand I don't want to yuck anyone's thing but like... I just want critters without the morality questions that come up whe you've made them humaniod?? Like are they sentient?

I love how pretty Gardevoir is but I hate the negative associations with it. >_<

I wish there weren't so many questionable Pokemon because of that. Yeah they're pretty but is it .. necessary? :B

Kibba
07-03-2022, 08:00 AM
Just came here to see what the topic was since the direct was not about pokemon and it was last wednesday lol

I need some pokemon news ASAP

Jackalope
07-03-2022, 10:53 PM
Just came here to see what the topic was since the direct was not about pokemon and it was last wednesday lol

I need some pokemon news ASAP

Same! It's evolved into just "damn I hope I get some news soon to hyperfixate on"