PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE] Setting Up Neopets: Island Builders on Windows and Mac

EnderTheory
06-09-2022, 10:59 PM
Are you looking to play Neopets: Island Builders but are unable to play it on mobile?

Here's a quick rundown for using Bluestacks (an emulator for Android devices) on your computer, both with Windows and macOS!

For Windows (recommended):

Bluestacks 5 can be downloaded from the front page of the Bluestacks site or from the downloads page (under "see all versions" below the front page downloads for Bluestacks 10 and 5).

(Under the downloads page, it would be Nougat and your respective specs)

The Bluestacks 5 Multi-Instance Manager and Bluestacks X won't be necessary.
After downloading/setting up the installation, you'll be taken to the homescreen:

From here, enter the Google Play Store and sign in using a gmail account. There will be an option that comes up offering to back up app data to Google Drive, which is a good idea to do if you plan on exiting the app at any point. In the Google Play Store browser, navigate to the Neopets: Island Builders game and install. It will try to prompt you to set up a payment option to complete your account setup (something like this), but this can be skipped over.

Once the installation is complete, it should be back on the Bluestacks homepage. This can be accessed from the house icon near the top of the window:

You should now be able to access the game! However, if the ID in the lower left hand corner is blank and you are unable to enter the game, you may need to change your location. You can do this in Bluestacks by pressing the hotkeys Ctrl + Shift + K and searching/setting a location in the upper left hand corner. The Neopets: Island Builders Twitter notes that Australia and New Zealand work for both iOS and Android, so these two countries are likely the best options.

Once you are ingame, it'll start the first quest, which is feeding the Shoyru an omelette. Once you do this and back out, a settings icon will appear in the upper right hand corner:

Clicking on this will take you to the Account tab, where you will be able to enter and link your neopets account.

After linking, it may take a little bit (for me, it took only ~45 mins to a little over an hour) but eventually TNT will send a neomail with the Lania Plushie to your Neopets account once you reach level 2 (this is the earliest prize you can obtain, I believe). From this point forward, you can keep following the steps ingame and progress to earn your desired prize(s)!

For macOS:

Currently, Bluestacks 5 does not currently support macOS but Bluestacks 4 does! Bluestacks 4 can be accessed from either the front page (it auto detects the version needed for mac) or the download page of the Bluestacks site for Bluestacks 4 (under "see all versions" below the front page downloads for Bluestacks).

Note: The official Bluestacks site mentions that the program is only supported on Macs that are no older than 2014 and only go up to the most recent iteration of version 11 (Big Sur). The current recommended specs are on High Sierra (macOS 10.13), with the minimum on Sierra (macOS 10.12). This Bluestacks Mac setup will follow the official site guide as well (I would also not recommend using macOS Big Sur beta as I encountered many issues trying to install Bluestacks with it via Virtual Machine).

(Unfortunately, the Neopets: Island Builders game is not available on Cloud/Bluestacks X)

After downloading/setting up the installation (make sure to unlock and allow Oracle America, inc. through in the Security & Privacy settings under "Allow apps downloaded from:", when prompted, or it will not load on startup), check "don't allow" to using current location. You'll want to set your language and country (you will be able to change your location later) if prompted as well.

If on macOS 11 Big Sur, a reboot will be needed after making changes to Security & Privacy (click cancel if Bluestacks interrupts the restart, and then restart from Security & Privacy). If you are not using macOS 11 Big Sur, continue from here within the Bluestacks app.

From the "My Apps" tab, enter the Google Play Store and sign in using a gmail account. There will be an option that comes up offering to back up app data to Google Drive, which is a good idea to do if you plan on exiting the app at any point. In the Google Play Store browser, navigate to the Neopets: Island Builders game and install. It will try to prompt you to set up a payment option to complete your account setup, but this can be skipped over.

Back on the "My games" tab, once the installation is complete, you should be able to access the game. However, if the ID in the lower left hand corner is blank and you are unable to enter the game, you may need to change your location. You can do this in Bluestacks for Mac by navigating to this icon at the bottom center of the "My Apps" tab:

From here, open the app Location Provider and make sure that "Mock Location" is selected in the upper right hand corner. The Neopets: Island Builders Twitter notes that Australia and New Zealand work for both iOS and Android, so these two countries are likely the best options.

Once you are ingame, it'll start the first quest, which is feeding the Shoyru an omelette. Once you do this and back out, a settings icon will appear in the upper right hand corner:

Clicking on this will take you to the Account tab, where you will be able to enter and link your neopets account.

After linking, it may take a little bit (for me, it took only ~45 mins to a little over an hour) but eventually TNT will send a neomail with the Lania Plushie to your Neopets account once you reach level 2 (this is the earliest prize you can obtain, I believe). From this point forward, you can keep following the steps ingame and progress to earn your desired prize(s)!

According to Jellyneo, the following prizes (both standard and part of the AC event), are currently obtainable from Neopets: Island Builders with the following requirements:

Standard Prizes

Lania Plushie
Reach level 2

----------------

Power Gem Background
Complete the Mystic Jungle Quests

----------------

Crystal Plateau Dacardian Shield
Complete the Crystal Plateau Quests

Altador Cup Event Prizes (available until June 30th)

Team Dacardia Stamp
Start the Altador Cup Event

----------------

Team Dacardia Hat
Complete the Altador Cup Event Quests