PDA

View Full Version : Share some of your shiny finds! Also, if you could change any shiny color, what would it be?

EnderTheory
05-26-2022, 06:34 PM
Anything from outbreaks/mass outbreaks to soft-resetting, the masuda method, random encounters, chaining, hordes, etc.!

Are there any shiny finds you've been super proud of, and which game did you encounter them in? Still hunting for anything?

Additionally, if you could change the shiny color of any Pokemon (or a few!), what would you change it to?

--------------------------------------------

In terms of shiny encounters for me, I think I'm most proud of the shiny Magikarp I found while searching for Feebas after resetting my game in Pokemon Ruby, the shiny Seviper I found in a friend safari in X/Y, and the shiny Zorua/alpha Misdreavus I found in Legends: Arceus.

I'd love to encounter a shiny Spiritomb in Legends: Arceus, but that will take some time :(

With shiny colors, I do wish Espeon was something other than green (maybe something like yellow or light blue?) and Golduck was yellow, since shiny Psyduck is blue.

Synth Salazzle
05-28-2022, 04:28 PM
I tend to hunt a lot in LGPE and I've caught literally almost everything shiny that is possible at this point. I really like dragonite and nidoking so I tend to hunt those two a lot for funsies. This where most of my hunts come from anymore, but I do still hunt in gen 6 and 7 for fun.
I have god egg so I just mostly clone shinies once I put them in sword and shield. (I also have a power save so I can mass clone my old events on 3ds while giving them unique home IDs during importing and giving them away enmasse)

EnderTheory
05-28-2022, 05:33 PM
I tend to hunt a lot in LGPE and I've caught literally almost everything shiny that is possible at this point. I really like dragonite and nidoking so I tend to hunt those two a lot for funsies. This where most of my hunts come from anymore, but I do still hunt in gen 6 and 7 for fun.
I have god egg so I just mostly clone shinies once I put them in sword and shield. (I also have a power save so I can mass clone my old events on 3ds while giving them unique home IDs during importing and giving them away enmasse)

Nice!! I've never personally played Sword & Shield, but I've been thinking about getting it for my switch lite at some point.

I completely forgot about power saves! I have one as well but haven't used it in a while, I remember someone in voice chat on X/Y was showing me their shiny Xerneas and then explained power saves to me, so I went and picked one up. I used to mass clone boxes of stuff like shiny Quagsires with goofy nicknames to wondertrade to people.

Synth Salazzle
05-28-2022, 07:02 PM
Nice!! I've never personally played Sword & Shield, but I've been thinking about getting it for my switch lite at some point.

I completely forgot about power saves! I have one as well but haven't used it in a while, I remember someone in voice chat on X/Y was showing me their shiny Xerneas and then explained power saves to me, so I went and picked one up. I used to mass clone boxes of stuff like shiny Quagsires with goofy nicknames to wondertrade to people.

I don't have a switch subscription right now so I can't offer anything there, but if you want something from X/Y altered or a few cloned events tossed at you let me know. I can send them from US/UM or regular sun and moon also. ORAS too but that's compatible with X/Y so there's not a huge difference there. (free btw I don't really charge for them.)

Alcremie
05-28-2022, 07:06 PM
I've been replaying ORAS and randomly hatched a shiny Feebas while hatching eggs for a 5IV one.

In Legends Arceus I have 3 shiny Zubat, and shiny Vespiquen, Buizel, Gastly

In SW/SH I got a shiny Rowlet.

In bdsp I came across a shiny Pelliper and another shiny Feebas while hatching eggs.

Funny thing is, growing up playing pokemon I NEVER came across a shiny and I played more religiously then than I do now. If I were to change a shiny it would be Gible/Garchomp, Gastly/Gengar. The colors don't look all that different....just a different shade :/

EnderTheory
05-29-2022, 12:24 AM
I've been replaying ORAS and randomly hatched a shiny Feebas while hatching eggs for a 5IV one.

In Legends Arceus I have 3 shiny Zubat, and shiny Vespiquen, Buizel, Gastly

In SW/SH I got a shiny Rowlet.

In bdsp I came across a shiny Pelliper and another shiny Feebas while hatching eggs.

Funny thing is, growing up playing pokemon I NEVER came across a shiny and I played more religiously then than I do now. If I were to change a shiny it would be Gible/Garchomp, Gastly/Gengar. The colors don't look all that different....just a different shade :/

Oh I 100% feel that with playing the games a lot more religiously growing up and never finding a shiny that way. Also yeah, I always wished Garchomp had a more distinct shiny, as well as Gengar :( at least Mega Gengar is pretty neat!

The one shiny I keep running into with Legends Arceus is Haunter, I've found 3-4 of those so far and have given away most of them to friends/my brother. Did you end up using the shiny Feebas from ORAS on your team? Also wow, a shiny Rowlet :o I don't know anyone who has found one of those before!

Alcremie
05-29-2022, 01:04 AM
Oh I 100% feel that with playing the games a lot more religiously growing up and never finding a shiny that way. Also yeah, I always wished Garchomp had a more distinct shiny, as well as Gengar :( at least Mega Gengar is pretty neat!

The one shiny I keep running into with Legends Arceus is Haunter, I've found 3-4 of those so far and have given away most of them to friends/my brother. Did you end up using the shiny Feebas from ORAS on your team? Also wow, a shiny Rowlet :o I don't know anyone who has found one of those before!

Oh whoops, I meant shiny Rufflet. Not as exciting as Rowlet tbh :(

Unfortunately I'm already postgame in ORAS and have been IV breeding. Shiny Feebas was one IV short :( I'm going to end up porting it to SW/SH or the new gen once they come out and use a bottle cap on it. & omg I feel the same about the repeat shinies in Arceus, that one is Zubat for me. At least they look cool!

pillowfighter
05-29-2022, 04:49 AM

Oh gosh when Pokémon Shield came out I remember freaking out when I saw what shiny Wooloo looked like on twitter and not wanting to progress too far without one. I spent the first two weeks just running in and out of that first patch of grass looking for one and when j found it I remember being on the phone with my husband and literally SCREAMING.

Two hours later I randomly encountered this friend:

My name is Yoshikage Kira
06-01-2022, 09:54 AM
Haven't been too lucky or big on shiny hunting until Pokemon Let's Go.

My first ever shiny (besides gyarados in silver) was a Numel in Sapphire. Loved the hell out of that mon, got them ribbons in all the contests.

I wish Gengar's shiny colors could be updated, there is hardly a difference.

shadowhuntee
06-24-2022, 08:52 AM
Shiny to change - Gengar... to literally any other color!

My first 2 shinies (besides my red gyarados in silver) were an Abra and a Dratini that I bought in the leaf green game corner. Converted all my money to coins, would buy them like 100 at a time, check for shinies, and then restart by Gambeboy Advance SP if no shinies. Took about 4 hours to get both of them.

In pearl, I completed 2 shiny chains:

- one for eevee, which I kept long enough to get every eeveelution (and still have a few spare leftover, 1 of which I made into a sylveon years late, and a few more that are still in pokemon home waiting for new eeveelutions)... Or maybe it took multiple chains in order to get that many... I don't 100% remember

- one for ponyta, which broke after 1 catch... But it was enough to get my shiny dreamie - Rapidash... It is quite literally the coolest shiny

In moon I caught a full odds shiny zubat (who is now a crobat) while randomly just trying to get through a cave

And, then, I've gotten a ton of other shinies that are given to us during normal playthrough, from PoGo, and from events, but these above are the ones that are truly special to me

Tater
06-24-2022, 07:51 PM
I love all purple shinies, Ive been trying to hunt a few of them down. My most recent purple find has been spheal and I just love it T.T
Found my third shiny glameow and second shiny geodude earlier today, I've yet to find any alpha shinies.

I actually haven't shiny hunted outside of LOA in awhile (except Pokemon Go). I really enjoy the overworld and being able to see the shinies, but I guess its a bit easier that way too.

laughing fox
06-27-2022, 06:52 PM
hatched a shiny cranidos within like 6 eggs in shining pearl fairly recently. awful stats but he's pretty so it's okay
i would do terrible things to fix shiny nidoqueen. it deserves so much better

Da Plushee Boree
06-28-2022, 06:33 AM
Shiny to change, all greens! Because they use the worst shade of green for shinies :'( Why Jolteon, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

As for shinies stories!
Catched 1031 Meowths on Let's Go to get a shiny one and it's my third best story! The second one is that i walked into the first city of USUM all confident until the first grass patch where i wanted to find some magnemites and found a black Furfrou instead!
And the best one was that time i was breeding a squirtle for a 1st stage starters tournament and PUM! Cute shiny 6ivs male squirtle hatches! Named the bastarditto Crush and used him to blast on the tournament with Fake out, back then no one knew Squirtle could learn Fake Out

Need to add, i LOVE black shinies, and now i need a Black Braviary ♥ i'm crying, already thought the Unova Blue one was perfect, but this black buddy is a dream i'm not getting again ♥

Zapdos
06-29-2022, 10:59 PM
I'd change Zapdos for sure, its such a mild palette change :( I'd have loved to see the legendary birds exchange colours for their shinies! Maybe I'll do some palette swaps and post here!

Megiddo
06-30-2022, 09:00 PM
I'd change Zapdos for sure, its such a mild palette change :( I'd have loved to see the legendary birds exchange colours for their shinies! Maybe I'll do some palette swaps and post here!

Definitely interested in seeing a Blue Moltres!

I actually caught a shiny Staravia on Legends Arceus last week. It’s a fairly disappointing brown colour and it doesn’t get any better when evolved to Staraptor unfortunately.

I did have a friend trade me a shiny Male Burmy in Arceus, which evolved into Shiny Mothim which has an amazing shiny sprite.

Serebii
07-01-2022, 09:06 AM
Was playing Legends Arceus earlier while my girlfriend was watching, and I know shinies in that game aren't really "worth" much due to how many rolls and rerolls each encounter gets due to internal mechanics, but I still get excited when I hear the "Bling!" noise in the distance.

Found a shiny Kricketune while running around trying to figure out where all the stationary Unown were hiding and I just about jumped out of my chair in excitement.

Jackalope
07-04-2022, 01:18 AM
I'd change Leafeon shiny to Autumnal colors. Please Pokemon, you know it's right. Just do it. We deserve the crunchy boi.

Aero
07-04-2022, 01:55 PM
I've only ever found one shiny before in my life, which was a golden swablu in Pokemon Sapphire (when I was like... 10 lol). I remember being so excited and freaking out at the time and all my friends were excited too! Still have that game and now it's a golden Altaria I've thought a few times to transfer forwards.

First shiny I've ever seen was a blue ditto in my friend's Pokemon Silver game. I thought if I went to the exact same place in Pokemon Crystal, I could get one too lmfao. It was that Unown tower and I remember seeing sooo many of them but never finding the ditto.

For a shiny colour I would change, Shiny Flygon is kind of disappointing :/ wish the whole design was blue-themed

EnderTheory
07-04-2022, 02:05 PM
I'd change Leafeon shiny to Autumnal colors. Please Pokemon, you know it's right. Just do it. We deserve the crunchy boi.

Oh my gosh YES that would be so good!! Current Leafeon's shiny makes me sad :(

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely interested in seeing a Blue Moltres!

I actually caught a shiny Staravia on Legends Arceus last week. It’s a fairly disappointing brown colour and it doesn’t get any better when evolved to Staraptor unfortunately.

I did have a friend trade me a shiny Male Burmy in Arceus, which evolved into Shiny Mothim which has an amazing shiny sprite.

Yeah, I definitely wish that the colors of the original shiny legendary bird trio were different. I do like that they paid homage to the default colors of the og legendary bird trio with the Galar one's shiny forms!

pillowfighter
07-04-2022, 02:07 PM

This is something I think about CONSTANTLY! I hate that they butchered leafeon and glacion with their shiny colors ;___; this would have been so perfect. There are so many autumnal grass pokemon shinies so why….whyyyyyy

EnderTheory
07-04-2022, 02:09 PM
Shiny to change, all greens! Because they use the worst shade of green for shinies :'( Why Jolteon, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

As for shinies stories!
Catched 1031 Meowths on Let's Go to get a shiny one and it's my third best story! The second one is that i walked into the first city of USUM all confident until the first grass patch where i wanted to find some magnemites and found a black Furfrou instead!
And the best one was that time i was breeding a squirtle for a 1st stage starters tournament and PUM! Cute shiny 6ivs male squirtle hatches! Named the bastarditto Crush and used him to blast on the tournament with Fake out, back then no one knew Squirtle could learn Fake Out

Need to add, i LOVE black shinies, and now i need a Black Braviary ♥ i'm crying, already thought the Unova Blue one was perfect, but this black buddy is a dream i'm not getting again ♥

Poor Jolteon ;u; and whoa, that's a lot of Meowths! I would never have the patience for something like that, congrats on finding one!! Also omggg black and blue shinies are my absolute FAVORITE

Bulbasaur
07-04-2022, 06:54 PM
Shiny Pokemon! The only one that I found in Shield was Phantump lol And that was due to me trying to breed one for a comp team.
But! I did trade like CRAZY in that game as well! So I have a crap ton of shiny Pokemon lol The only one that I found was Phantump though

As for Arceus, the only shiny I found was Togetic :o_o:
I know there's a method with finding shiny Pokemon in there, but Im so lost on its method lol

Synth Salazzle
07-04-2022, 07:01 PM
My last catch a shiny chansey in pokemon go by complete random chance. I'm thrilled by this. I love chansey!

honeycomb
07-04-2022, 07:55 PM
i have a steady collection growing of shiny hisuian growlithe in legends: arceus and i get so giddy each time i get one. they are my new fave shinies ever - just way too cute.
i still wanna get my hands on a shiny sylveon and heracross but i have been so burnt out from hunting ;_;

DarkSkies
07-04-2022, 10:46 PM
I don't play anymore but I found this pic of one of my happy shiny eclosions 💚

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Baby azurill :3

Zapdos
07-05-2022, 03:26 AM
I had a go at doing a palette swap for Zapdos' shiny version, honestly seeing once again how faded the shiny gets over the generations made me sad lol.

Normal

Shiny

Re-shiny

I could probably have a million goes at making Zapdos a new shiny, but TBH anything would be better than the current one.
See if you can tell the difference between Gen 8 Zapdos :P

Doing my KFC a dirty right here! :o_o:
I'm not hopeful they'll ever realter shinies unfortunately.

EnderTheory
07-05-2022, 04:10 AM
My last catch a shiny chansey in pokemon go by complete random chance. I'm thrilled by this. I love chansey!

No way, that was my last shiny catch as of last week in PoGo!! Chansey is very cute, I like its shiny as well :D

- - - Updated - - -

I had a go at doing a palette swap for Zapdos' shiny version, honestly seeing once again how faded the shiny gets over the generations made me sad lol.

Normal

Shiny

Re-shiny

I could probably have a million goes at making Zapdos a new shiny, but TBH anything would be better than the current one.

Your palette swap looks awesome! And wow, Gen 8 is one of the only mainline games I have not yet played and they really did Zapdos dirty :(

Zapdos
07-05-2022, 04:33 AM
No way, that was my last shiny catch as of last week in PoGo!! Chansey is very cute, I like its shiny as well :D

- - - Updated - - -

Your palette swap looks awesome! And wow, Gen 8 is one of the only mainline games I have not yet played and they really did Zapdos dirty :(

Thank you!!! I feel like there's a fair few shinies that got ruined over the generations, or just sucked to begin with :(

Here's a few bad ones:

Glaceon (so much potential!!!)

[Only registered and activated users can see links](0x0:730x230):format(webp):no_upscale ()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/16127989/pogo_shiny_igglybuff_jigglypuff_wigglytuff.png
Wigglytuff line (it was always bad however)

Snorlax and Gengar
Gengar's OG shiny - it lost it's magenta eyes :(

Like, what is even the point of having them as shinies when they just look the same? Change em up Game Freak, its not too late! :o_o:

Cinderella
07-05-2022, 04:46 AM
My first Shiny Lucky Pokemon as I was never big on trading. Still one of my faves :)

Da Plushee Boree
07-06-2022, 01:48 PM
Gengar's OG shiny - it lost it's magenta eyes :(

This reminded me of beautiful white mega gengar! It was so aggresive!

EnderTheory i did indeed catch a lot of meowths, but seeing the cute pink tail on the grass made me so happy! Sad part was that by then all my pokémon were lvl 40 so the game was way easier to beat :')

I want to give much love to Garde and Gallade mega shinies, beautiful pokés

Jackalope
07-06-2022, 02:21 PM

Normal

Shiny

Re-shiny

Blue Zapdos absolutely fucks WOW! Reminds me of Tesla coil electricity or something. I love it! I really wish they hadn't let shiny mons color be determined algorithmically. Feels like they got the original NFT treatment and now some are stuck with either barely any change or a color that looks distinctly fart like.

Pidgey
07-06-2022, 04:54 PM
Agreed with the Zapdos shiny.

Pikachu is in the same boat though. You can hardly tell he's a little darker yellow.

Swablu shiny in Yellow and is normally Blue so all yellow pokemon should be Blue in my opinion ahahaha.

I'd also change pidgey colors as there is hardly no difference either :/

hellraid
07-06-2022, 05:00 PM
I don't have any screenshots to share or anything but I remember finding a Shiny Butterfree in the bug contest in gold back in 1999 and I had no idea what a Shiny was back then. But I realized that it was pretty damn cool later when I learned more about the game xD

Pidgey
07-06-2022, 05:03 PM
I had a similar experience in Ruby?

I think I ran into a caterpie or weedle that was a different color but I killed it when I tried to catch it.

Found out years later there were shinys in the game x).

EnderTheory
07-06-2022, 05:33 PM
I don't have any screenshots to share or anything but I remember finding a Shiny Butterfree in the bug contest in gold back in 1999 and I had no idea what a Shiny was back then. But I realized that it was pretty damn cool later when I learned more about the game xD

I almost forgot about bug contests!! I never got a chance to play Gold but I did play HeartGold and I remember those being a lot of fun, I wish those were still a thing (same with Pokemon Contests).

Megiddo
07-06-2022, 07:39 PM
I almost forgot about bug contests!! I never got a chance to play Gold but I did play HeartGold and I remember those being a lot of fun, I wish those were still a thing (same with Pokemon Contests).

Bug contests! I was last year old when I learned that your score was actually made up by level and HP. I could never work out why I was losing with a level 14 Scyther against Caterpie.

DarkSkies
07-30-2022, 03:04 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I reallyyy wished shiny Dragonite was another color besides green. Like you have a sweet pink dratini and dragonair and then... Green.

No offense to green color fans xd

EnderTheory
07-30-2022, 04:55 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I reallyyy wished shiny Dragonite was another color besides green. Like you have a sweet pink dratini and dragonair and then... Green.

No offense to green color fans xd

I could never get into liking shiny Dragonite either. I understand what they were aiming for with the green dragon color and I don’t mind the purple on the wings as it gives a nice contrast, but I would have preferred a somewhat pink Dragonite or maybe blue one. I also wish that similarly, with Nidoqueen, they stuck to the purple shiny for the whole evolutionary line as it would have completed the color swap theme for both Nidoqueen and Nidoking.

Raposa
08-04-2022, 06:23 AM

Finally got this cool lil dude the other day. I don't remember the number of resets off the top of my head but it took well over 40 hours

Serebii
08-04-2022, 06:28 AM
Found a shiny Gligar in Go while opening the game at my house this morning. Sadly don't have a Sinnoh Stone to evolve it, but I'm rather excited about it.

Orbit
08-08-2022, 02:37 PM
I could never get into liking shiny Dragonite either. I understand what they were aiming for with the green dragon color and I don’t mind the purple on the wings as it gives a nice contrast, but I would have preferred a somewhat pink Dragonite or maybe blue one. I also wish that similarly, with Nidoqueen, they stuck to the purple shiny for the whole evolutionary line as it would have completed the color swap theme for both Nidoqueen and Nidoking.

Lowkey drooling over the idea of a pink dragonite branch. Oh my gosh. What a wasted opportunity!

DarkSkies
08-08-2022, 03:48 PM
Goshhh a pink dragonite would've been adorable!! Or this other blue version would have been fine

chii3d
08-22-2022, 07:46 AM
I came here JUST to say Dragonite but I see you all also had that idea. Pink adorable dratini turns to swamp green with purple wings that don’t even match? Ugh, no. I don’t think I actively dislike too many others, but I really don’t care for the ones where it’s so subtle you can’t even tell they’re shiny. Like just a slightly darker/lighter hue or a slightly different shade of blue. What good is having a cool shiny if it’s not immediately recognizable?

Effektivv
08-22-2022, 09:16 AM
Gastly line should have been red.

DarkSkies
08-22-2022, 09:52 AM
Gastly line should have been red.

It would have been awesome to see a red/scarlet version!!

Another one I don't like is Ursaring, just plain green. I think another color, maybe white, would look great!! Here's an example I found googling

From this:

To this:

Effektivv
08-22-2022, 09:56 AM
It would have been awesome to see a red/scarlet version!!

Another one I don't like is Ursaring, just plain green. I think another color, maybe white, would look great!! Here's an example I found googling

From this:

To this:

Whoever thought green was a good color choice for the shiny version of a pokemon named after constellations should be thrown off a bridge.
Literally any other color would have been better.

Zenitsu
09-15-2022, 08:54 PM
Not me catching a shiny Ditto in Emerald with a Masterball! 😂

parapex
09-30-2022, 01:14 PM

Hatched a shiny Girafarig last night, hope to use it in S/V <3 <3

Spoildlittleme
10-30-2022, 09:29 PM
I've done a lot of shiny hunting in the Legends: Arceus. Found quite a few: Shiny Graveler, Shiny Ambipom and Shiny Shinx to name a few :) I got pretty lucky with this game :) I used to a lot of breeding for 5IV pokemon in ORAS and X/Y because you could easily find shinies through those two games via hatching by finding your 4-digit shiny number. Any egg matching that will always be a guaranteed hatch regardless of the pokemon unless those are mythical and legendary that cannot breed.