PDA

View Full Version : Favourite manhwas/webtoons? Any recommendations?

ethereal
04-26-2022, 02:24 AM
Hello hello! I've been reading more manhwas lately but most of them are romance/isekai. I'd love some recommendation for action ones! I love pretty art styles *w*

I'm currently reading Eleceed, Remarried Empress and a couple of other ones.

Rattata
04-26-2022, 02:27 AM
Action ones? Hmm Dungeon Reset is pretty fun

I love the romance and reincarnation ones the most. I've been reading The Time Of The Terminally-Ill Extra, and my favourite is The Twin Siblings’ New Life (though it's hard to find a good translation after season 1)

I also love Cheating Men Must Die, that one's just funny with a great name. And I've been reading Scream Queen too.

ethereal
04-26-2022, 02:31 AM
Hey Rattata again! I'll give those a go!
Me too! I love the romance and reincarnation ones the most as well. I'm waiting on updates for a lot of them. My latest favourite is Please take care of me in this life as well! Finished Survive as the Hero's wife a while back and the art is gorgeous~

Rattata
04-26-2022, 02:34 AM
Ooh I'll have to check out "Please take care of me in this life", I mainly read fantasy. They're a mixed bag but when they're good omg they're so good....

ethereal
04-26-2022, 02:39 AM
Yeah they're a hit or miss haha
I mostly start one if the cover art looks nice *coughs* I simp for good art hurhurhur

Rattata
04-26-2022, 02:44 AM
Me too, give me beautifully drawn hair and lovely eyes and I will overlook a lot of terrible writing and prerendered backgrounds lmao

ethereal
04-26-2022, 02:49 AM
HAHAHAH relateable xD
Another good manhwa is Black Winter! The english translations have caught up to the ending I think. It has a beautiful art style.

Ghastly
04-26-2022, 02:53 AM
omg i've been in a webtoon binge lately!!! I GOTCHU!! these are some i liked a lot and spent time reading instead of sleeping lmao

Romance -
- The First Night with the Duke
- Tricked into Becoming the Heroine's Stepmother
- Men of the Harem (same creator as Remarried Empress)
- Leveling Up My Husband to the Max
- Nice to Meet You
- Age Matters

Fantasy/Action -
- Tower of God (my favorite and really long so you can binge, was also made into an anime!)
- Doom Breaker
- Return to Player
- Lone Necromancer
- Teenage Mercenary
- Omniscient Reader

ethereal
04-26-2022, 02:55 AM
Hey Ghastly! I love good manhwas/webtoons that keep me awake at night LMAO

Ooo I'm also reading these two:
Men of the Harem (same creator as Remarried Empress)
Leveling Up My Husband to the Max

I'll have to give Tower of God a try. I keep seeing it mentioned :o

Rattata
04-26-2022, 06:46 AM
omg i've been in a webtoon binge lately!!! I GOTCHU!! these are some i liked a lot and spent time reading instead of sleeping lmao

Romance -
- The First Night with the Duke
- Tricked into Becoming the Heroine's Stepmother
- Men of the Harem (same creator as Remarried Empress)
- Leveling Up My Husband to the Max
- Nice to Meet You
- Age Matters

Fantasy/Action -
- Tower of God (my favorite and really long so you can binge, was also made into an anime!)
- Doom Breaker
- Return to Player
- Lone Necromancer
- Teenage Mercenary
- Omniscient Reader

Omniscient Reader is really good, I'll have to try Tower of God!

Another one I'm waiting for new chapters on is The Duke Ashleyan's Contractual Marriage. Look at them they're so cute hshshshshshsh

Rattata
05-09-2022, 09:32 PM

73 chapters in and "Father, I don't want to get married" FINALLY DID THE REVEAL AAAA I CANNOT WAIT FOR CHAPTER 74,,,,, i am LOSING my MIND

firedrops
05-11-2022, 06:14 AM

I was reading a Webtoon called "Hooky" quite a while ago and I really enjoyed it. I got reminded about it after seeing this thread. I don't think I finished though because I always get too impatient waiting for an update each week :/

Dot
05-11-2022, 11:47 AM
Oh boy oh boy, time for my bi-yearly post on clraik

The Jinx's Lover - Made me swooooon but also cry
I Raised The Beast Well - She's so fucking dense but in a cute way
Please Take Care of Me in This Life As Well - Made me cry
Today I Live with You - I really don't understand all the office talk lingo, and I didn't enjoy the time skip, but I really like the interpersonal relationships in this one
19 Days - I just want them to be happy
Shaman Girl - This is soooo good, and I love seeing elements of traditional Korean folklore
Shaman After School - I started this after Shaman Girl stopped getting updates, and now this stopped getting updates B) Also very good
Time Share House - Time travel romance always makes me cry sooner or later, be it sadness or happiness, but yes, I cried!
Spirit Fingers - I cried, but tears of laughter. Holy shit this is so good and funny, please read this
Let's Go to work tomorrow! - Cute office romance, my fav office romance so far
Ellin's Solhwa - Hot
The Moon that Rises in the Day - Cried! Reincarnation romance but also not
The Lady and Her Butler - Good romance, very cute

Dita
05-11-2022, 07:45 PM
I don't know if this one will be too fucked up for you but I literally couldn't put it down! I will warn of trigger warnings and dark themes but I loved reading it c:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Danny Phantom
05-11-2022, 10:37 PM
I personally love "Love Advice from the Great Duke of Hell" - despite its name, it's not super lovey-dovey and does have a lot of action and humor, it's super fun to read!

I also really love Let's Play, but that one is more romance-based. Another favorite of mine is Lost in Translation, which is about a k-pop group and the abuse one of the members suffer - it's really great! They went above and beyond and even made a couple songs for the Webtoon.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

The songs from Lost in Translation (they're really great!):

Cookie Tray
05-19-2022, 04:47 PM
Oh I LOVE manhwas/webtoons. I've been reading a lot over the years, and found that I mostly prefer reading thriller/horror and isekai!

Since Omniscient Reader was mentioned I wanted to also echo that it's great! It's on webtoon currently but the web novel is available online to read. I got caught up to the webtoon last year, decided that wasn't enough, and binged the entire webnovel - it's VERY long, but honestly one of the best stories I've ever read. I was weeping at times ngl.

I'll preface this with the fact that these are not all necessarily manhwa, as some are webcomics that are on the Webtoon platform. Some are western, a good chunk are Korean manhwa, and a couple are SEAsian (Indonesian and Thai) series.

Thriller/horror/dark webtoons I've read/am reading: Fake Humans - very interesting with weird cult crap going on
My Daughter is a Zombie - I paid so many coins to read this all. This is a very emotional zombie series following a father whose daughter got bitten.
Flawed Almighty - I love Carnby Kim's work, if you've read his previous stuff it's worth it and maybe a little bit less dark?
Bastard - the first Carnby Kim series I read. Very trigger-heavy, about a guy whose father is a serial killer.
Sweet Home - another great Carnby Kim work that was adapted to a Netflix TV series. I personally hated the Netflix adaptation, it erased a lot of great characterization and growth that's better captured in the webtoon form tbh.
Shotgun Boy - Carnby Kim's prequel to Sweet Home. We're learning how the monsters came to be!
Harmonia - I love stories about the uncertainty of people when there are times of crisis.
ShootAround - not technically a thriller/horror, but a drama that takes place during a zombie apocalypse. This was actually the series that got me DEVOTED to webtoons.
Deadlife - I love zombie manhwa and this is no exception. It has a more original take than I've seen from any other zombie media, and focuses on how the zombies think/feel. You can read the full season 1 online outside of Webtoon's platform.
Not Even Bones - this one's apparently also based on a novel which I haven't read, but it features really unique characters and worldbuilding that sucks me in.
Tales of the Unusual - who hasn't read about beauty water? Most of these tales touch on the faults of humankind, but there are some very touching stories in here that have made me cry
The Predator - dude's roommate turns into a monster suddenly, and cult nonsense ensues.
The Blood of the Butterfly
Chasing Tails
See No Evil
Devil's Coven - much slower to update but brilliant art. I'm pretty sure the creator just recently began college? I really can't wait to learn more about this world
Hell is Other People
Yuna & Kawachan - LOVED this colorful take on a monster apocalypse. incredibly written characters, and a nice refreshing break from the grimdark zombie/monster comics.
All of Us Are Dead - also was recently adapted to Netflix, which was fun to watch but nowhere near as well-written as the manhwa.
Epilogue - I also love Cho Seok and his works, so when I learned he had a thriller manhwa I immediately subscribed.
Subtle Disaster - I think about this series often. I've read it twice through completely. When I lie awake at night, listening to the sounds of my neighbor down the street blasting music at 3am, I think of this series.
It's Mine - I didn't care for this when it first came out tbh, but the whole conspiracy drew me in!
Forest of Humans
The Horizon - MASSIVE trigger warnings for this one
Rotten

Isekai I've read/am reading: Omniscient Reader - best work I've ever read. hands down. the webtoon is nowhere near complete and would take years to get there, read the webnovel if you enjoy it. it's written almost exactly like the webtoon is!
Dungeons & Artifacts
I'm the Max-Level Newbie
Doom Breaker
Return to Player
The World After the Fall
Return of the Blossoming Blade - this one's one of my favorites that I also don't read on Webtoon because there are more translations available online :P
Hardcore Leveling Warrior - it just completed on Webtoon. It's one of the most confusing stories I've read ngl, and I've gotten lost a few times but it was a wild ride and the art is incredible.
microHUNTER
Infinite Leveling: Murim

General webtoons I'm reading and love: True Beauty
A Useless Villian
Tales of Sarimin the Jinn - a lot of fun and plays into some folklore.
Unlucky is as Lucky does - I've never read a funnier webcomic/webtoon. It's highly unpredictable, hilarious, but has a serious emotional tone at times.
Plum - cute art, love the worldbuilding, love the characters. Who knew fruit stacking could be so competitive!
Heir's Game - I love suspu's work (see: ShootAround) because I love to see queer characters, especially queer characters of color. Political drama CAN be interesting, with the right characters and author!
Eyes
Going Home - goofy little alien series that is maybe more than just a goofy little alien series
Lone - I love magic-filled stories as well, and this definitely hits that mark. If you liked Hooky, you may also enjoy Lone!
Icy Copper - love the art, love the sad main characters, love the world
Serious Trans Vibes - I've always loved Sophie's comics and was pleasantly surprised to see them make an appearance on webtoon
Yumi's Cells - I never cared for romances but this one was a great deal of fun and the art has changed so drastically over the years
Always Human - another romance that won me over!

I have soo so many to add but I don't have them open in front of me, especially the isekai that I read on other manhwa sites!

Rhymes with Witch
05-20-2022, 09:52 AM
Happy to see Bastard and The Moon That Rises in the Day get recced! But where's Cheese In the Trap?!?

Rattata
05-20-2022, 08:06 PM
too obsessed with fantasy romance now soz *disappears into pile of manhwas*

DarkSkies
05-20-2022, 08:20 PM
Oh are manhwas and webtoons different from mangas?? I'm sorry this is the first time I hear about this and I'm curious :o

Dita
05-24-2022, 11:50 AM
Manga are usually categorized as comics from Japan. Manhwa are BL comics from Korea and webtoons are just there own thing as they are online comic and Web Toons themselves is a whole website!

I hope this makes sense c:
They are all basically comic but different origin.
DarkSkies

DarkSkies
05-24-2022, 12:44 PM
Manga are usually categorized as comics from Japan. Manhwa are BL comics from Korea and webtoons are just there own thing as they are online comic and Web Toons themselves is a whole website!

DarkSkies

Thank you!! That's clearer for me, I had no idea the name changes according to where they come from :O

Dita
05-24-2022, 12:53 PM
Thank you!! That's clearer for me, I had no idea the name changes according to where they come from :O

I didn't either at first so no worries! :D Glad to help.

pillowfighter
05-31-2022, 05:34 AM
I’m currently reading Finding Camellia and I Stan the Prince!
Both are so cheesy but cute!!! There are some good recommendations in this thread I’m going to check out!

Menine
07-03-2022, 11:07 PM
An Uncomfortable Truth is pretty cool, but it's dark and some scenes can be triggering.

Under the oak tree is cute, i love the main couple!

Aero
07-04-2022, 11:47 AM
I read three: Tower of God, God of High School, and Kubera.

Tower of God: Fantasy + amazing lore dropping + world building. Season 1 is amazing and put the story on the map. Season 2 has some incredible highs (and the lows aren’t so bad when binge reading). Season 3 is on going but I’m hoping it gets better than it is :/

God of High School: basically a Korean shounen fantasy. Power levels reach DBZ and beyond. Don’t really recommend as the story goes off the rails, but it’s almost finished and will probably be a better binge than reading week to week, though there were some serious lows binging as well.

Kubera: THE ABSOLUTE GOAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ. Fantasy-tragedy. The world building is INCREDIBLE and the rules for the world are laid out clearly and the rules are strictly observed. NOTHING is done without payoff even if it takes YEARS to get to. Allegedly the story was written as a book before manhwa which might explain it. The art is kind of not great in S1 and both S1 and S2 are quite slow but get more and more intense until the end of S2 goes wild. S3 is amaxing even reading week to week and I wish this series was more popular!!!!! Although at the same time I love that the community is small and makes high quality discussion posts.

Kibba
07-04-2022, 11:52 AM
I was talking about Solo Leveling in another thread today

This is SO GOOD and TsUNaMy WaVe gave me the news today that is about to get animated. :o_o:

Here's a synopsis about it, you should definitely read it!

When mysterious gates filled with monsters begin to appear across the world, humans known as "Hunters" venture into these gates to defeat
the monsters and gain riches in the process. Solo Leveling follows one hunter, Sung Jin-Woo, also known as "The World's Weakest," in his quest
to clear gates in order to provide for his family.

Solo Leveling is arguably the best manga to come out of South Korea, and the battles in animation could result in some of the best fights in anime.

Jackalope
07-04-2022, 12:12 PM
Lore Olympus on webtoon is SO GOOD. I'm already a huge myth and folklore fan but Rachel Smythe's take on the original Greek mythology stories and characters is incredible. She's so thoughtful and intentional with the story she wants to tell and I've stayed up too late on too many nights reading and rereading it. Also her art style is incredible!! I will say the story does cover heavy topics like SA but she's very good about including trigger warnings so if you decide to read it just be kind to yourself if those kinds of topics are tough for you. No story is worth retaumatizing yourself for.

Ismira
07-04-2022, 02:09 PM

DarkSkies

A minor correction - manhwa's aren't strictly limited to BL comics. Manhwa is the (south) korean term for comics/manga.

I'm so excited to this see this thread. I read upwards of 20 WebToons each day and can honestly say I enjoy 95% of what I read. Can't say I'm thrilled about the daily pass lock on ongoing series or the price hike for fastpass though. Still, I try to support the creators if/when I can. WebToons does a decent job of giving out free coins every so often while promoting new/returning series, so even if you aren't in a financial position to support the creators, there are other ways of contributing! Using free coins to fastpass, following/subscribing the artist/webcomic, and ❤️'ing the episodes. It doesn't cost a thing and really helps the creators in the long run! Too many good stories have been axed, dropped or hastily cut short by Webtoons on account of poor engagement from the audience.

I'm so happy to see so many of my own personal favourites mentioned in this thread! I'll try not to plug anything that's already been mentioned for the sake of diversity, but I'd highly recommend giving a read to anything mentioned in this thread. They're ALL fantastic reads and deserve more love and attention!

COMPLETED SERIES:

Mystical
Freaking Romance
Nano List
Edith
Your Letter
Oh! Holy
Refund High School
The Fever King (based on a book series of the same namesake)
A Good Day to be a Dog (same creator of See You in My 19th Life)
Flow
Ghost Wife
A Budgie's Life
Gourmet Hound
Ghost Teller
Miss Abbot and the Doctor
The Wolf & Red Riding Hood
Ghost Theatre
Siren's Lament
#Killstagram
Devil Number 4
Dear X
Nevertheless
This Magical Moment
Cape of Spirits
Her Bucket List
Dating with a Tail
My Deepest Secret
Swimming Lessons for a Mermaid
Witchcreek Road
Unholy Blood
Muted
My Dear Cold Blooded King
When the Day Comes
The Makeup Remover
Mom, I'm Sorry
The Wolfman of Wulvershire
The Aftermath
Waffles and Pancakes
LUFF
Til Debt Do Us Apart
Rumour Has It

ON-GOING/DAILY PASS SERIES:

Your Throne
Seasons of Blossoms
Odd Girl Out
Purple Hyacinth
My Giant Nerd Boyfriend
Cursed Princess Club
Lady Knight
When Jasy Whistles
Down to Earth
Watermelon
Phase
In the Bleak Mid-Winter
Death: Rescheduled
The Red King
Covenant
The Witch and the Bull
Not So Shoujo Love Story
Brimstone and Roses
Deadlove
Kind of Confidential
Surviving Romance
Darbi
The Hip Guy
Hero Killer
Daytime Star
Acception
Stagtown
My Younger Brother's Friend
School Bus Graveyard
The Girl Downstairs
Big Ethel Energy
The Fox Club
66,666 Years: Advent of the Dark Mage
Eaternal Nocturnal
Escape Room
unOrdinary
Jungle Juice
Happily Ever Afterwards
Pyramid Game
City of Blank
Brass and Sass
Romance 101
Andybass
TACIT
I love Yoo
Back to You
Nevermore
So I Married the Anti-fan
Suitor Armor
How to Become a Dragon
The Strongist Florist
Like Wind on a Dry Branch
Another Love
A Whirlwind Campus Affair
Jackson's Diary
Half Ghost
My Inlaws Are Obessed with Me
Daily JoJo
Everything is Fine
SubZero
To You Who Swallowed a Star
What's Up Beanie?
Parallel City
Midnight Poppyland
Nothing Special
The Princess's Jewels
Homesick

^ That's my attempt at trying to consolidate the list LOL
I tried okay? There are too many gems to not mention! I may edit my post later to include the genre, but for now, I'll leave it as is.

Jackalope
07-04-2022, 03:28 PM
Lore Olympus on webtoon is SO GOOD. I'm already a huge myth and folklore fan but Rachel Smythe's take on the original stories and characters is incredible. She's so thoughtful and intentional with the story she wants to tell and I've stayed up too late on too many nights reading and rereading it. Also her art style is incredible!! I will say the story does cover heavy topics like SA but she's very good about including trigger warnings so if you decide to read it just be kind to yourself if those kinds of topics are tough for you. No story is worth retaumatizing yourself for.

Ismira
07-04-2022, 03:39 PM
Lore Olympus on webtoon is SO GOOD. I'm already a huge myth and folklore fan but Rachel Smythe's take on the original stories and characters is incredible. She's so thoughtful and intentional with the story she wants to tell and I've stayed up too late on too many nights reading and rereading it. Also her art style is incredible!! I will say the story does cover heavy topics like SA but she's very good about including trigger warnings so if you decide to read it just be kind to yourself if those kinds of topics are tough for you. No story is worth retaumatizing yourself for.

Can’t believe I forgot to include Lore Olympus!! It’s in my top 10 GOAT. SO GOOD! I cannot say enough good things about this WebToon. Absolute top tier art, world building and story telling. I’ve cried, laughed, and seethed in anger along with the characters and on behalf of them.

Asspollo needs to fuck off the face of the planet!

Jackalope
07-04-2022, 03:45 PM
Can’t believe I forgot to include Lore Olympus!! It’s in my top 10 GOAT. SO GOOD! I cannot say enough good things about this WebToon. Absolute top tier art, world building and story telling. I’ve cried, laughed, and seethed in anger along with the characters and on behalf of them.

Asspollo needs to fuck off the face of the planet!

Omg the amount of Greek Gods that have forever changed in my eyes because of LO... I can't even see original stories about Apollo without seething now

Ismira
07-04-2022, 04:01 PM
Omg the amount of Greek Gods that have forever changed in my eyes because of LO... I can't even see original stories about Apollo without seething now

Right?! The audacity of his flat purple ass to gaslight her and victim shame her! Zeus is not far behind. Him and his entitled ass can shove it. My blood was boiling while I read yesterday’s episode. So maddening aggravating. He was zero sense of loyalty - not to his wife, not to his brothers, not to the citizens of Olympus. When will he grow a pair and take accountability of his actions?! Actions have consequences! Words have consequences! He’s doing a piss poor job of reigning “king”.

Jackalope
07-04-2022, 04:23 PM
Right?! The audacity of his flat purple ass to gaslight her and victim shame her! Zeus is not far behind. Him and his entitled ass can shove it. My blood was boiling while I read yesterday’s episode. So maddening aggravating. He was zero sense of loyalty - not to his wife, not to his brothers, not to the citizens of Olympus. When will he grow a pair and take accountability of his actions?! Actions have consequences! Words have consequences! He’s doing a piss poor job of reigning “king”.

I'm behind on it lately because I want to give myself some space from all the life stress before I get violently angry at the actions of little drawings of gods but aaaa yes to all of that even though I haven't read that one yet. I already know these characters well enough to know what you mean. I'm so excited but also nervious that they're looking at making a live action show of it. It will either be amazing or gods awful. Pun intended.

pillowfighter
07-04-2022, 04:40 PM
I think that “I Stan the Prince!” And “Finding Camellia” are both so cheesy stereotypical but I’m super invested in both ;___;

Hall
07-04-2022, 04:49 PM
A webtoon I'm really fond of is called 'The Last Human (in a Crowded Galaxy)'. Its a small human child being raised by a GIANT killer spider Mother. It's wonderful. :3

Ismira
07-05-2022, 12:06 AM
I'm behind on it lately because I want to give myself some space from all the life stress before I get violently angry at the actions of little drawings of gods but aaaa yes to all of that even though I haven't read that one yet. I already know these characters well enough to know what you mean. I'm so excited but also nervous that they're looking at making a live action show of it. It will either be amazing or gods awful. Pun intended.

I do that with some comics, like I'm the Grim Reaper. I love binge reading several episodes in one sitting, but I also get anxious if I have too many stories to catch up on. Who even gets stressed by their choice of entertainment? I'm such a loser LOL

I hadn't heard of it being made into a live action! Ooh. That's exciting! Fingers crossed it's half-way decent! (manage your expectations, yeah? XD)

Hall: LOVE seeing Canvas representation!! I added that to my list and will give it a read soon!

Jackalope
07-05-2022, 11:37 AM
I do that with some comics, like I'm the Grim Reaper. I love binge reading several episodes in one sitting, but I also get anxious if I have too many stories to catch up on. Who even gets stressed by their choice of entertainment? I'm such a loser LOL

I hadn't heard of it being made into a live action! Ooh. That's exciting! Fingers crossed it's half-way decent! (manage your expectations, yeah? XD)

Hall: LOVE seeing Canvas representation!! I added that to my list and will give it a read soon!

I literally get stressed out all the time because I'm "falling behind" in my leisure activities. I have so many shows, movies, and podcasts that I've got a backlog of and somehow these things that I'm supposedly doing to relax have become an obligation that only I am setting for myself. It's so strange and then on top of that I'll actually get stressed when I find something new I like because "where am I going to find the time?" 😂

LibraryFaerie
07-08-2022, 12:36 PM
Lore Olympus on webtoon is SO GOOD. I'm already a huge myth and folklore fan but Rachel Smythe's take on the original Greek mythology stories and characters is incredible. She's so thoughtful and intentional with the story she wants to tell and I've stayed up too late on too many nights reading and rereading it. Also her art style is incredible!! I will say the story does cover heavy topics like SA but she's very good about including trigger warnings so if you decide to read it just be kind to yourself if those kinds of topics are tough for you. No story is worth retaumatizing yourself for.

Lore Olympus day is my favorite day of the week!!!!!! I opened this thread specifically to make sure it's getting mentioned! It's the only WebToon I fast pass for!! And 10000% agree it's changed my views on so many of the Greek gods. I took a group of students to Greece about a month ago and could not shut up about how awful Asspollo is and how badly Hades has been wronged. They humored me, but I'm sure inside they were like wtf is the bitch on about hahahaha.

Me at the Sanctuary of Apollo in Delphi because I have no respect for anything

Other webtoons I read and recommend!:

Currently updating:
True Beauty (Korean, kinda goofy love triangle romance)
Acception (coming of age LGBTQ+)
Clinic of Horrors (fantasy/dystopian future)
A Life Through Selfies (the weirdest murder mystery I've ever read. Idk why I continue to read it, but i keep coming back every week. And based on the comments, a lot of the readers feel the same lol)
Lord Have Mercy (illicit romance between a priest and a nun)
Delusion (fantasy/horror, Dorian Grey meets vampire story)

Completed series:
Magic Soda Pop (coming of age/fantasy)
Big Jo (coming of age)
Crumbs (coming of age/fantasy/romance)
Small Blessings (fantasy/slice of life)

Jackalope
07-08-2022, 01:11 PM
Lore Olympus day is my favorite day of the week!!!!!! I opened this thread specifically to make sure it's getting mentioned! It's the only WebToon I fast pass for!! And 10000% agree it's changed my views on so many of the Greek gods. I took a group of students to Greece about a month ago and could not shut up about how awful Asspollo is and how badly Hades has been wronged. They humored me, but I'm sure inside they were like wtf is the bitch on about hahahaha.

Me at the Sanctuary of Apollo in Delphi because I have no respect for anything

Other webtoons I read and recommend!:

Currently updating:
True Beauty (Korean, kinda goofy love triangle romance)
Acception (coming of age LGBTQ+)
Clinic of Horrors (fantasy/dystopian future)
A Life Through Selfies (the weirdest murder mystery I've ever read. Idk why I continue to read it, but i keep coming back every week. And based on the comments, a lot of the readers feel the same lol)
Lord Have Mercy (illicit romance between a priest and a nun)
Delusion (fantasy/horror, Dorian Grey meets vampire story)

Completed series:
Magic Soda Pop (coming of age/fantasy)
Big Jo (coming of age)
Crumbs (coming of age/fantasy/romance)
Small Blessings (fantasy/slice of life)

Omg I'm dying at you flipping off the sanctuary of Apollo that's amazing! You gotta convince your students to read Lore Olympus so they can get on your level! I honestly haven't read a single other Webtoon comic so I'm gonna take a look at some of your recs c:

LibraryFaerie
07-08-2022, 01:27 PM
Omg I'm dying at you flipping off the sanctuary of Apollo that's amazing! You gotta convince your students to read Lore Olympus so they can get on your level! I honestly haven't read a single other Webtoon comic so I'm gonna take a look at some of your recs c:

Lore Olympus is what got me into webtoons! I think I ended up starting a lot of the other ones from the free coin events webtoon does.

Jackalope
07-08-2022, 01:39 PM
Lore Olympus is what got me into webtoons! I think I ended up starting a lot of the other ones from the free coin events webtoon does.

Would you say any are on par with Lore Olympus in story and art quality? I'm sure there are some out there but I have option paralysis when I look at the other comics :o_o:

Orbit
07-08-2022, 01:48 PM
Ohh!! I love webcomics!!! I have some reqs, specifically LGBTQ ones with nice art. I'll leave out my webtoon ones since there's a lot of those here and focus on maybe some that haven't been said yet :$

RYDER ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is a bisexual supernatural/romance rock and roll adventure, really cute art! Just started so the backlog is very digestible

Hard Lacquer ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is an action, spy/thriller with lesbians and the art is to DIE for, the color schemes are AMAZING!!

Electric Bones ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is a Sci-fi BL webcomic (I think there's a webtoon mirror too if that's your preference). Really fun Sci-Fi vibes and fun characters that are far from perfect.

Wilde Life ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is a supernatural adventure/horror series that focuses on Native American mythology. REALLY big backlog of beautiful art, big focus on characters and their relationships. It is horror though, so can get a little scary!

Jackalope
07-08-2022, 01:52 PM
Ohh!! I love webcomics!!! I have some reqs, specifically LGBTQ ones with nice art. I'll leave out my webtoon ones since there's a lot of those here and focus on maybe some that haven't been said yet :$

RYDER ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is a bisexual supernatural/romance rock and roll adventure, really cute art! Just started so the backlog is very digestible

Hard Lacquer ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is an action, spy/thriller with lesbians and the art is to DIE for, the color schemes are AMAZING!!

Electric Bones ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is a Sci-fi BL webcomic (I think there's a webtoon mirror too if that's your preference). Really fun Sci-Fi vibes and fun characters that are far from perfect.

Wilde Life ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is a supernatural adventure/horror series that focuses on Native American mythology. REALLY big backlog of beautiful art, big focus on characters and their relationships. It is horror though, so can get a little scary!

Wait no I want to know your Webtoons ones please! I need more LGBTQI+ rep in my life!!

LibraryFaerie
07-08-2022, 06:13 PM
Would you say any are on par with Lore Olympus in story and art quality? I'm sure there are some out there but I have option paralysis when I look at the other comics :o_o:

Hmmm.. definitely not the art. Lore Olympus is definitely one of a kind. Out of all of those, Crumbs might come closest? True Beauty is my second favorite webtoon of all time and I wouldn't say it quite has Lore Olympus vibes, but it does has some overcoming obstacles + romance themes

Rattata
07-20-2022, 08:05 AM
I started reading Another Typical Fantasy Romance and it's indeed a pretty typical extremely cute fantasy romance manhwa except for instead of the male lead looking like a typical boring pretty boy he looks like this

it's the best

Kibba
07-20-2022, 08:45 AM
A friend of mine recommended me Sleeping Ranker

I liked it, but stopped at chapter 3, my only problem with all these Manhwas is that they're so tiring to read lol

I love Solo leveling because... Hello, IT'S GODLY

Alister
07-20-2022, 11:00 AM
just got a physical copy of my problematic fave in the mail yesterday :o_o: I feel like it does not speak well of me that I enjoy reading this, it's so violent and chock full of extremely toxic, horrible relationships. But I enjoy weird shit and Killing Stalking definitely qualifies.

+1 for Lore Olympus and True Beauty! True Beauty's way of switching between stylized idealistic anime depictions of its characters and super comically realistic depictions of its characters kills me every time.

Outside of just Webtoons, my favorite webcomics in general are Unsounded (some of the smartest, most heart-wrenching high fantasy you will ever read with characters you'll have a ton of conflicting emotions about) and Bearnuts (Care Bears meets It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia).

Bearnuts is my absolute all time favorite webcomic. Reading the new page is the first thing I do every Monday morning for the past 14ish years. I don't usually like slapstick stuff but the character expressions in BN are so outlandishly funny and the writing so sharp with such well done, slow burn character development that I've been hooked for years. The earliest stuff is all pretty much straight comedy but it evolves as the gang very (very) reluctantly comes to recognize themselves as a family and character backstories are revealed. Its creator, Alison, grew up with a lot of brothers and has three sons of her own and it very much shows in the writing.

Dita
07-20-2022, 11:12 AM
just got a physical copy of my problematic fave in the mail yesterday :o_o: I feel like it does not speak well of me that I enjoy reading this, it's so violent and chock full of extremely toxic, horrible relationships. But I enjoy weird shit and Killing Stalking definitely qualifies.

+1 for Lore Olympus and True Beauty! True Beauty's way of switching between stylized idealistic anime depictions of its characters and super comically realistic depictions of its characters kills me every time.

Outside of just Webtoons, my favorite webcomics in general are Unsounded (some of the smartest, most heart-wrenching high fantasy you will ever read with characters you'll have a ton of conflicting emotions about) and Bearnuts (Care Bears meets It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia).

Bearnuts is my absolute all time favorite webcomic. Reading the new page is the first thing I do every Monday morning for the past 14ish years. I don't usually like slapstick stuff but the character expressions in BN are so outlandishly funny and the writing so sharp with such well done, slow burn character development that I've been hooked for years. The earliest stuff is all pretty much straight comedy but it evolves as the gang very (very) reluctantly comes to recognize themselves as a family and character backstories are revealed. Its creator, Alison, grew up with a lot of brothers and has three sons of her own and it very much shows in the writing.

AHHHHH KILLING STALKINGGGGG I'm soooo jealous right now you have no idea :o_o: I want a copy so bad! Is that the English ones?! Are they already out? Last I checked they hadn't been released yet only in German. That's so awesome though I been wanting so bad to reread these but unsure if I want that pain right now lol

Alister
07-20-2022, 11:50 AM
AHHHHH KILLING STALKINGGGGG I'm soooo jealous right now you have no idea :o_o: I want a copy so bad! Is that the English ones?! Are they already out? Last I checked they hadn't been released yet only in German. That's so awesome though I been wanting so bad to reread these but unsure if I want that pain right now lol

It is the English one! I had it pre-ordered and yesterday was its release date. English Volume 2 comes out this November. I first read Killing Stalking when it was still updating and haven't read the last handful of chapters. I want to start from the beginning and read through the end and was waiting to get the first physical copy to kick it off, but I am also a little scared of the pain I know I'm gonna feel xD gotta wait until a masochistic mood hits.

Dita
07-20-2022, 12:07 PM
It is the English one! I had it pre-ordered and yesterday was its release date. English Volume 2 comes out this November. I first read Killing Stalking when it was still updating and haven't read the last handful of chapters. I want to start from the beginning and read through the end and was waiting to get the first physical copy to kick it off, but I am also a little scared of the pain I know I'm gonna feel xD gotta wait until a masochistic mood hits.

Wow okay I know what I need to buy soon. I almost bought all of it digitally on the app but I really wanted to physical copies too. I actually read the entire thing is 2 days when I first read it because I couldn't for the life of me put it down. Just it was so good! Honestly I kinda wish it had ended differently I'm not going to lie to you :c When you do finish please message me so we can talk about it! I haven't had anyone to talk about this story with at all! It was just me yelling at my friend about certain parts who had no idea what I was going on about lol

Cookie Tray
07-20-2022, 12:30 PM
Solo Leveling is arguably the best manga to come out of South Korea, and the battles in animation could result in some of the best fights in anime.

YES x100! Solo Leveling is one I've been reading outside of Webtoon so I forgot to mention it in my post, but it's one of my favorite isekai stories I'm still reading! The art is *chef's kiss*, and it's really funny reading the protag make decisions you wouldn't expect. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S GOING TO BE ANIMATED!! I'm very excited!

A webtoon I'm really fond of is called 'The Last Human (in a Crowded Galaxy)'. Its a small human child being raised by a GIANT killer spider Mother. It's wonderful. :3

I also highly recommend The Last Human (in a Crowded Galaxy)! It is picking up a lot on the story and action right now and it has me STRESSED for this baby :hopelessness:

Big Jo also gets a HUGE thumbs up from me, it was mentioned earlier in the thread by LibraryFaerie. I had completely forgotten about it - wish there was an easy way to sort through webtoons I've read and completed already. I can second the weirdness of A Life Through Selfies... nothing ever happens and yet I'm checking for updates every week. maybe we the readers were the creeps all along?

"High Class Homos" is another one I forgot to add to my list. It's a cute dramedy, with fun and well-written characters. The plot thickens with each episode, but it's just really cute and gay lol.
Synopsis:
Princess Sapphia of Mytilene is not into princes. So, when her parents start putting the heat on her to get hitched, she enlists the help of her equally gay best friend, Prince August of Phthia. But will these two royals be able to pull off a convincing sham marriage? More importantly, will Sapphia ever land a date with the castle maids? Follow these high class homos as they navigate life, love, and (occasionally) their actual jobs.

Side note: does anybody use a book/reading tracker of some sort to organize what webtoons/manhwa/manhua you're reading?

GreyFaerie
07-20-2022, 04:48 PM
ok ok I'm going to make a little list
I always hated to start reading a comic/manga/webtoon that wasn't finished but webtoons managed to make me fall in love. That most of them are in one app and notify me with every weekly release is a huge plus.

The prince of southland

A futuristic BL with robots, cyborgs and stuff.

Wild beast foret house (canvas)
A super romantic and cute BL of animals. Not furry but humans with ears and tails that claim to be animals. LOL

The violinist and the nerd (canvas)
Same author but without furries. A super cute story and an equally beautiful art.

Purple hyacinth

A police/mistery webtoon. Lots of drama, lots of deaths, lots of trauma. A bit of sexual tension and humor. Highly recommended..

I love yoo
[Only registered and activated users can see links] w4c_6401.png?w=584
I had an OBSESSION with this webtoon. It's a drama/slice of life. EveryonexTherapy

Act like you love me!
A typical Korean romance. There is a love triangle, clueless protagonists, a lot of confusion and a little magic that helps the plot.

Your throne
Fantasy. A fight for the throne and power. A political fight with magic involved.

Homesick

an apocalyptic future but with zombies.

Everything is fine
Terror. Dystopian future, it's a bit unsettling.

Wolf bite (canvas)
is a soft story about a girl who, upon finding out that her husband is cheating on her, is bitten by a werewolf.

Surviving Romance

The makeup remover

Return to player

Saved the public enemy by mistake

I was going to write a little review about each one but I got bored and tired really fast so I left a nice picture instead lol I'm so sorry. TRUST ME and go read the first few chapters, you won't regret it, even if I'm really bad at reviewing.

Valia
07-20-2022, 05:35 PM
Fav smut manga: Red River, also called Anatolia Story

You might have to get used to the old artwork style but I promise you. The storyline. The history. The s m u t.

Get ready to not sleep for 2 days.

funnybell
07-22-2022, 03:12 PM
I tried reading Killing Stalking but it was just a bit too much for me ^^; Dysfunctional/abusive relationships don't really do it for me. Bastard was really good though!

My first webtoon was Lookism, but I'm way behind on it now... It's gone on for so long... I have to reccommend Who Made Me a Princess (one of those reincarnation stories) But it's so good and sweet and the art is honestly the best I've ever seen in a webtoon.

Love Tractor is also one of the most wholesome BL webtoons I've ever read... About a city boy who moves to teh country and meets a cute farmer boy. :3 Gets a little smutty in a couple chapters but it's very minimal.

Okay now if you're looking for that GOOD SHIT I've been reading Hard Boiled Love... It's got BDSM, it's got consent, it's got safe words... And a bunch of smut. xD A+ would recc to my BL lovers

Buizel
07-31-2022, 01:37 AM
Webtoon wise, I'm SUPER into the webtoon called "Nonpack" :) It's basically about dogs dealing drugs and having their own gang, as the simplest way to describe it.

I alos LOVE Lackadaisy, which is just prohibition but with cats. :) I've been following Tracy (the creator) for years and she's super sweet to interact with and the comic's art is just so well done, it leaves you wanting for more.

Dita
11-24-2023, 03:11 AM
I hope this isn't grave digging. I didn't want to make a new topic when we already had a topic about manhwa!

I need you all to know how much I am fucking in love with Dear. Door! I read the whole thing in like 2 days because I couldn't put it down ;-;
I was reading it for free online uncensored but I went to Tapas and bought every chapter to make sure I supported the author properly because I loved the story and relationship so much!
Those two were so freaking cute and I love them so much. There were a lot of really cute relationships tbh. If you haven't read Dear. Door please give it a try 💖
The art and story are fabulous and I can't wait to re-read it again. I have been saving the special chapters for my re-read :D

H3nry
11-24-2023, 08:53 AM
Did a thread search so forgive me if it's already mentioned.

Noblesse, its a super action packed and it's kind of vampire vs werewolves tropes but DONT let that put you off lol, its not like twilight or something :rolleyes:

The fight scenes are awsome Rai and Franky are too damn cool and the comedy is not bad but that does see a drop off as the action and story becomes more intense.

Dita
11-24-2023, 06:17 PM
Did a thread search so forgive me if it's already mentioned.

Noblesse, its a super action packed and it's kind of vampire vs werewolves tropes but DONT let that put you off lol, its not like twilight or something :rolleyes:

The fight scenes are awsome Rai and Franky are too damn cool and the comedy is not bad but that does see a drop off as the action and story becomes more intense.

Noblesse is so good! I love it as well. The comedy is hilarious. I totally recommend this as well for anyone else wondering!

Furina
11-24-2023, 06:56 PM
I followed Noblesse for awhile and just kinda stopped reading after I had caught up on all the chapters, maybe it's time for a binge session...

I've been reading Olgami, super angst and definitely a guilty pleasure. :rolleyes:

Maluko
12-11-2023, 07:25 AM
One Punch Man (ONE) was quite hilarious, and the 'bad' drawing makes it even funnier

Mizlook66
02-28-2024, 06:49 AM
During the challenging days of the pandemic, I found myself with extra time on my hands and looking for entertainment. Despite the growing fatigue of extended isolation, an interest was sparked in myself to explore Korean webtoons and comics. A close friend recommended Toonkor—a premier ([Only registered and activated users can see links]툰코-online.com/) destination for the latest Korean webtoons, manhwa, and digital comics, translated into multiple languages for a global readership.

Since discovering the expansive collection of genres, creative series, and original stories on Toonkor, I was immediately immersed in these compelling worlds and visual storytelling. Every day, I eagerly followed the revealing narrative arcs and cliffhangers awaiting the update schedules. Whether they featured endearing coming-of-age tales or epic martial arts and fantasy action, Toonkor provided me with imaginative, binge-worthy adventures during an otherwise stagnant period.

To this day, Toonkor remains my go-to source of entertainment and inspiration. The stories expand my perspective, bring color to routine days, and connect me to the creativity flourishing in comics communities abroad. I am continuously impressed by the site’s licensing of trendsetting Korean webtoons and the growing roster of talented artists they feature. Even as lockdowns slowly lift, I will continue to enjoy the fruits of Toonkor’s vibrant world of digital storytelling.