PDA

View Full Version : How to talk start a conversation with girls i do not know?

Hacoast
04-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Any advise to talk to strangers especially to a lady? I am interested to know more. trying to learn some communication skills. =)

Ronith
04-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Look them straight in the eye and talk about financial securities. Make sure they are shorter then you, so they have to look up. Oh, and don't forget to put your right arm on their shoulder. All this will indicate who will be dominating this conversation.

J_L_K_64
04-14-2012, 01:43 PM
also make sure that you are dressed better than they are, and that you kinda lean into them as well, all that is also body indicators of superiority

Ronith
04-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Also, if you are talking to a girl. Be a dick to them. Appearently they like that.

monzter
04-14-2012, 01:47 PM
just be yourself
dont try too hard to impress
chicks can sense that sort of thing

treat her like a proper woman
how you yourself would like to be treated if you were in her shoes!

and just stay honest and be yourself!
you can't go wrong :)

I_royalty_I
04-14-2012, 01:48 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

J_L_K_64
04-14-2012, 01:53 PM
^lol

7char

Sci_Girl
04-14-2012, 02:03 PM
If you want to have a chance with her to do not stare at her body, do not stare at her boobs do not do the checking her out by looking her up and down move. If she sees that you are more concerned with her appearance than actually talking to her she is likely to not take you seriously.

If you can make her laugh you are doing good, if you are immature then good luck. Treat her with respect and be honest about wanting to talk to her and not talking to her in hopes you can get her in bed. Also if you have immature male friends it may be best to avoid their advice and instead talk to your lady friends to see what they say.

Hacoast
04-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Look them straight in the eye and talk about financial securities. Make sure they are shorter then you, so they have to look up. Oh, and don't forget to put your right arm on their shoulder. All this will indicate who will be dominating this conversation.

I'm wondering, if u were to put your arm on their shoulder, wouldn't she feel uneasy about the contact?

Being a dick to them? Seriously? Wouldn't that turn them down? What kind of topics would you talk about for first meeting?

Ryan~
04-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Make them laugh. Girls love to laugh.

Not at you, though. Don't make them laugh at you :(

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Sammiantha
04-15-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm engaged to the guy who makes me laugh more than anybody else I've ever met. So humour is clearly a big factor.

Some girls do like dicks but that'll never be the guy they end up with. Be yourself and hopefully whoever she is will like you, if not, then she's obviously not the right one for you.

chaseme
04-15-2012, 11:26 AM
come up with some wise crack or be fancy and give her something or take something away from her so it forces her to have a conversation lol.

that's how i used to do it :P take away the girl's phone as an initiation to the process of flirting

Hacoast
04-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Okay... So being humorous is kind of like the key point right? Thanks for sharing!

Ronith
04-15-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm wondering, if u were to put your arm on their shoulder, wouldn't she feel uneasy about the contact?

Being a dick to them? Seriously? Wouldn't that turn them down? What kind of topics would you talk about for first meeting?

If you are asking me for what to say......I'm not gonna answer.

Hacoast
04-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Nah, you don't have to answer that. As to what kind of topic to talk about, I should be the one thinking about it. I still curious about this. Having body contact at first meeting, won't it be uneasy for girls? That's just my thought.

Sammiantha
04-15-2012, 11:56 AM
I'd find it seriously uncomfortable personally. But I like my personal space. I think you'd be able to tell from the girl you're speaking to, she may be very tactile in which case you'll probably be able to as well.

Bettser
04-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Also, if you are talking to a girl. Be a dick to them. Appearently they like that.

Okay, what he meant here was different then what it appears. When he says act like a dick, he means act fearless without coming off as too cocky or negative. Like challenge them, give them things to look forward to. Make them want to talk to you, and get to know them. If you start talking about drinking, and then go off a little about how well you can chug, play flipcup, etc, and shes into those things, she might want a challenge. Or to be your partner ;)

Sci_Girl
04-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Do not be a dick, do not bother her, do not make fun of her, do not brag, do not get upset if she does not respond, do not have the "I am the best" ego trip attitude that some men have when talking to women, do not annoy her, and do not touch her. Touching a random girl can result in a quick slap of the face or calling out that you are weird or creepy, let her have her personal space. Depends on the women you are also after. If the girl you want to talk to is immature then you could probably act like a young immature guy and be able to talk to her just fine but if she is more mature than acting immature will likely not get you very far. Treat her with respect, talk to her in the way you think a woman would want to be talked to, make her laugh, and make her smile. You are not in this to have a girl get pissed off or annoyed, that defeats the purpose of talking to her in the first place. If you act like a cocky horn dog than she may not want to even hear your name...it all depends on the girl and how you want to approach the situation. If you are simply looking to get her drunk and get her in bed than offer booze (not if she is jailbait though). Confidence plays a big role in this. If you act like a dick, though do not be surprised if she completely blows you off if she is not into that type of thing.

Bettser
04-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Do not be a dick, do not bother her, do not make fun of her, do not brag, do not get upset if she does not respond, do not have the "I am the best" ego trip attitude that some men have when talking to women, do not annoy her, and do not touch her. Touching a random girl can result in a quick slap of the face or calling out that you are weird or creepy, let her have her personal space. Depends on the women you are also after. If the girl you want to talk to is immature then you could probably act like a young immature guy and be able to talk to her just fine but if she is more mature than acting immature will likely not get you very far. Treat her with respect, talk to her in the way you think a woman would want to be talked to, make her laugh, and make her smile. You are not in this to have a girl get pissed off or annoyed, that defeats the purpose of talking to her in the first place. If you act like a cocky horn dog than she may not want to even hear your name...it all depends on the girl and how you want to approach the situation. If you are simply looking to get her drunk and get her in bed than offer booze (not if she is jailbait though). Confidence plays a big role in this. If you act like a dick, though do not be surprised if she completely blows you off if she is not into that type of thing.

You must not be in college. :P

Sci_Girl
04-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Just graduated from University.

Drake.
04-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Well, it depends on WHAT do you want from her....really, if you expect anything more than a friendship, absolutely do not act like her best friend...you know you will be soon in the "frien**one"....its pretty hard to get out there2659

Getwellsoon
04-15-2012, 10:42 PM
be the red part of the picture above^

also, when all else fails...get drunk. alcohol=GAME juice. for me atleast :) also it completely matters, are you looking for a girlfriend or a hookup?

hookup just invite some chick you kinda know but not to well to a party get drunk and go for it..

girlfriend, do the same damn thing but dont be AS much of a dick to her as you would to the hookup chick...but dont be a kiss ass either..keep them on their toes. show dominance and always make it seem like you have 5 more options than you do...

if none of that works there is always phub.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

o also of course, be sure to wear the best looking clothes, flyest shit you have whether its comfortable or not who cares. and try to get attention on you in the group dont be shy or anything but dont be the clown either. and if all else fails and the convo starts to die you have to pick.
1. Just end it with them before they end it with you. (example, "hey, ill talk to you later" or just wave at someone else and leave or some shit for example "YO JOE!" *walks away*)
2. Start to make fun of other people but in a comedic way, girls like that, it shows male dominance in the situation and makes the other males look bad which in retrospect makes you look good ha

Bettser
04-16-2012, 12:18 AM
be the red part of the picture above^

also, when all else fails...get drunk. alcohol=GAME juice. for me atleast :) also it completely matters, are you looking for a girlfriend or a hookup?

hookup just invite some chick you kinda know but not to well to a party get drunk and go for it..

girlfriend, do the same damn thing but dont be AS much of a dick to her as you would to the hookup chick...but dont be a kiss ass either..keep them on their toes. show dominance and always make it seem like you have 5 more options than you do...

if none of that works there is always phub.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

o also of course, be sure to wear the best looking clothes, flyest shit you have whether its comfortable or not who cares. and try to get attention on you in the group dont be shy or anything but dont be the clown either. and if all else fails and the convo starts to die you have to pick.
1. Just end it with them before they end it with you. (example, "hey, ill talk to you later" or just wave at someone else and leave or some shit for example "YO JOE!" *walks away*)
2. Start to make fun of other people but in a comedic way, girls like that, it shows male dominance in the situation and makes the other males look bad which in retrospect makes you look good ha

Pretty much agree with everything he said^

Also, another huge thing that works for me.... get noticed. Like yes clothes/style can help. But just seem happy, like laugh, smile talk to people. If a girl notices you first, it makes it all a lot easier. If you get "the eyes", youre in.

Getwellsoon
04-16-2012, 12:21 AM
seems like me and bettser spit the same game...works like a charm at parties :) I have a pretty good track record at parties haha idk about girlfriends though..thats not my expertise..i like the single life...1 and done hookups :P #collegeliferules

thequeen
04-18-2012, 10:55 PM
ummm yea funny and honest are top two qualities. Please dont be too much of a dick though, that gets to be off putting and makes you look like a cocky, pretentious Jersey-shore-esque fool. Opt more for flattery and charm ( definitely notice the little things and compliment the girl on them. 100% you will make her day, and might get a number. what girl doesnt like to be told her hair looks fab, she looks cute with that dress, or that you like her nails (if they are painted)? Of course, don't be TOO detailed, as she may get the impression you are fruity. Basically, balance is key :P)

Carrot
04-18-2012, 11:01 PM
why is the first page of this thread so amazing?

mindflare
04-22-2012, 05:21 AM
learn the mystery method pickup artist :)

Meircdragon
04-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Be you.

"Hey."

Well. From what I see that's the best way to start.

waffy
04-24-2012, 08:46 AM
humor is the key apparently... everything else comes after that.... if you can make a girl smile or laugh you have thier attention... give her enough and she will come back for more and from there you will build your friendship have done this number of times and it works....

Sneakz
04-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Just wondering, do you plan on just walking up to a random stranger and talking to her? Because if a random stranger came up to me and started talking to me, I'd be a little weirded out. It is awkward when someone you have no connection to at all tries to talk to you, and most likely the girl will see you as socially awkward. At least talk to a girl that is a friend of a friend, or a classmate or co-worker. Then use that connection (a mutual friend, school or work) to begin a conversation. That way you already have something to talk about and you don't look weird :)

lastdeadriser
04-26-2012, 05:47 PM
walk up to them and complement them on something and then ask them how they are doing and if something is wrong ask them about it and then listen to them and eventually say i lost my digits can I have yours?

Wolf
04-26-2012, 07:29 PM
walk up to them and complement them on something and then ask them how they are doing and if something is wrong ask them about it and then listen to them and eventually say i lost my digits can I have yours?

couldn't have said it better myself (:

Hacoast
04-27-2012, 06:15 AM
Just wondering, do you plan on just walking up to a random stranger and talking to her? Because if a random stranger came up to me and started talking to me, I'd be a little weirded out. It is awkward when someone you have no connection to at all tries to talk to you, and most likely the girl will see you as socially awkward. At least talk to a girl that is a friend of a friend, or a classmate or co-worker. Then use that connection (a mutual friend, school or work) to begin a conversation. That way you already have something to talk about and you don't look weird :)

Yeah, i planning on talking to people i do not even know, strangers. I'm just trying to find ways to hone my skills. maybe someday, it might be put to use. maybe say in a club/pub, I see someone i am interested at, I can put that to use. :)

Becka
04-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Walk up to them, tell them their fly is undone, and then be like "LOLjk" and they will laugh too, and then be like "Hi I'm (insert name)." They will reply with "Hey my name is (insert name)". And just make a conversation. Be like "I like trains". Beware of the trains that come at you though.

Sneakz
04-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Yeah, i planning on talking to people i do not even know, strangers. I'm just trying to find ways to hone my skills. maybe someday, it might be put to use. maybe say in a club/pub, I see someone i am interested at, I can put that to use. :)

Just keep in mind, talking to a complete stranger can be a lot harder than talking to someone you have a mutual friend with, or are somehow otherwise connected to. It's harder to avoid looking like you're just trying to pick someone up :P But my suggestion would be to try to be as laid back and casual as possible, so you don't appear too formal or like you are courting. Try to figure out a conversation starter before hand. And don't try too hard, because females can see right through that :)