PDA

View Full Version : Uni day!

Druid
03-02-2022, 05:31 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Okay, but hear me out: What if... Candy Uni, but more rainbow? Done. Send your favourite Uni friend to the Rainbow Pool today for the sweetest glow-up yet!
TNT that isn’t true and you must know it. Anyway new colour is Candy - there are elements I like, but ugh I wish it followed in the tonu's footsteps more & didn’t feel like a first draft

She's an icon, she's a legend, and she is the moment. Fly over to Uni's Clothing Shop today for your very own Ellia outfit!
Outfit is the clothing shopkeeper - fair enough that she gets one, but ehhhh.
literally what do they have against consistent line art

I DO like the glasses bc they remind me of my tween horse show days putting giant novelty glasses on ponies
found this baby on my oldest hard drive > [Druid]'s Files > My Pictures > My Photos > Before 2009 > Horses > showing!!!!! > 2006 > [this pony's name], and it was a .bmp

Cinderella
03-02-2022, 05:33 PM
Agreed, not as pretty as the Tonu. It's okay, but not enough for me to want one. It's almost like ... Faerie Rainbow uni instead of Candy!

Druid
03-02-2022, 05:34 PM
Yeahhhhh something is just.. missing. Unsure whether my biggest problem with it is the lineart colour or the perfectly straight stripes on the wings? then third place is the feathering around the hooves - love the concept but the execution is not it.

I really like the horn, how do I transplant that onto my other unis

honeycomb
03-02-2022, 05:47 PM
its so flat compared to other candy pets. :( theres 0 dimension - wonder if a different artist made this one from the tonu?

Alister
03-02-2022, 05:47 PM
I'm sorry what is this

I'm in camp Like Concept, Hate Execution. It was so so so so close to being the uni color I've always wanted

i would also accept "faerie uni that does not suck ass" as the uni color i've also always wanted

Druid
03-02-2022, 05:52 PM
its so flat compared to other candy pets. :( theres 0 dimension - wonder if a different artist made this one from the tonu?

what sucks is the shading and pattern on the body alone is cute - I like the light purple part and almost nothing else
agree that it cannot be the same artist, like the lineart quality alone... ugh why must they forsake my inner horse girl like this

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry what is this

I'm in camp Like Concept, Hate Execution. It was so so so so close to being the uni color I've always wanted

i would also accept "faerie uni that does not suck ass" as the uni color i've also always wanted

I cosign all of this

mxtux
03-02-2022, 06:07 PM
Nice idea but such a shitty cut and paste job

Orbit
03-02-2022, 06:48 PM
they were SO CLOSE!! THEY ALMOST HAD IT!!

i still might get one though...............

Lemonfox
03-02-2022, 07:31 PM
Man, I really like the patterns on the body and I'm always a fan of designs utilizing rainbow. I want to like this color SO much but I just... can't. :(

I feel like the body is way too saturated and the hair is too dull? Also they could have literally picked any eye color in the world why did they make it look like it has pinkeye. :(

Wandas
03-02-2022, 07:42 PM
The shading below the mouth makes it look like its mouth is open but is missing its tongue/teeth etc. pretty disappointing

Buizel
03-02-2022, 08:41 PM

Lyrichord
03-02-2022, 11:16 PM
I also wish the colors were just a bit more vivid? Love the concept, though!

Corvid
03-03-2022, 12:51 AM
i like the rainbow mane and tail, but the fetlocks? :disturbed:

WHO THOUGHT THAT WOULD LOOK GOOD?!

TsUNaMy WaVe
03-03-2022, 03:58 AM
The color is... okay? I like the rainbow parts but the body is weird, doesn't seem related to candy at all.
The outfit is nice.

arrietty
03-03-2022, 05:08 PM
I feel like they should have saved that whole rainbow mane look (but with a muted body color) for toy uni rather than candy. It would be like Lisa Frank vibes. Candy should have been a vibe similar to tonu or gnorbu instead. The mane with the body color just seems like it should be 2 different things mashed together but don't technically make sense.