PDA

View Full Version : SecKret Admirers!

kittyray
02-11-2022, 03:46 PM
SecKret Admirers!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Do you have somebody on clraik you think is real swell? Are you too shy to say something?

Some of you have noticed we've had a new friend lurking in our midst. We're being visited by Cupid who, starting today, is happy to anonymously deliver all of your compliments!

They have a super neat system set up. There's going to be a thread that you can post to like normal, but the messages will first be delivered to Cupid, who will then post in the thread for you. You'll be able to tag people like normal so you'll be sure to grab their attention once Cupid posts. The hope is that you'll send individualized messages, but in the end, there's nothing stopping you from tagging multiple folks at once.

Now of course it's great to send gratitude and admiration to your friends, and we want you to do that, but we hope this is also an opportunity to show some appreciation and cheer to people you might not always talk to! Maybe you've felt too shy to compliment somebody on their killer memes or ryu art or just posting a lot of interesting content! Now's your chance! Little things like this can go a long way to feeling appreciated.

Things to consider:

If you know somebody off-site, be sure your compliments don’t include personal information that could be connected to real life or neopets identities
For instance, if your friend makes amazing characters or moonlights as a jazz musician and you admire them, but they don’t share that side of themselves on clraik, leave those details to your other spaces.

Also be mindful of how you phrase things, we might all love to tell your friends "You're a stinky baby (affectionate)" or maybe "shut up, assclown" is an inside joke. If the message is questionable, it might not be posted. While the messages will be anonymous, we will have a way of checking the posters of anything particularly egricious. Anonymity is a privilege – don't abuse it.

The messages will be public, so don't write anything you don't want the world to know even if your name isn't attached!

You may have noticed a new userbar floating around.

Thanks so much to Bat for creating another great one. This one is particularly lovely (pun not intended). As sort of a mirror to this event, this will allow you to post signed messages to your friends that will display in rotation so long as they have this userbar active (but the messages will not be lost when inactive, so fear not!). It's our way of saying thank you for spreading the love.

Click here to go to the message delivery thread! ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Bat
02-11-2022, 04:12 PM
Thanks for hosting such an awesome event, kittyray! Just so everybody is aware, you can interact with the Valentine's Card userbar by double-clicking them wherever they are around the forum, but you have to be friends with the person you're sending a message to, or it won't go through!

Once you've unlocked this userbar, you can manage the messages you receive from your edit profile ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) page.

If you want to be extra cautious about which messages show up in your userbar, you can check "Messages require my approval to share"! All messages posted thereafter will require you to approve them before they show up. Once you're ready to commit your changes, just scroll to the bottom of your edit profile page and press "Save"!

Cat Purrson
02-11-2022, 04:33 PM
Bat okay can you pls delete the one where i signed my name LOL im so embarrassed i fucked it up

kittyray THANK YOU for hosting! this event is so fun and cute!!!

DarkSkies
02-11-2022, 04:51 PM
This is so cuteeeee!! Now I want to throw my job through the window to start thinking in my messages (even if I don't have many friends here yet) :tiger: <3

Hollow
02-11-2022, 04:53 PM
I appreciate the thought and work put in to this, this is such a fun way to spread some love :)

Alister
02-11-2022, 04:57 PM
LOL I WAS ON THE WRONG BOARD

if you saw this post

no you didn't

also I love this idea, apparently so much that I'm too excited to even use it properly lmao

Orbit
02-11-2022, 05:04 PM
Oh my god if this isn't the cutest thing!!!!!!!!!! :$

Ariealle
02-11-2022, 05:10 PM
This is a really neat concept. Thanks kittyray and Bat for hosting and the help and explanations. :love_heart:

Ice
02-11-2022, 05:13 PM
@Bat ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) okay can you pls delete the one where i signed my name LOL im so embarrassed i fucked it up

if no one's told you yet if you just leave a new message, it will overwrite the old one! (I did the same thing the first time LMAOOO)

this is seriously the coolest thing yet, I cannot believe how Bat always one ups himself! I'm not one to care about vday but this is just too sweet :love_heart: thank you kitty and Bat for putting this together for us!

Charmander
02-11-2022, 05:15 PM
What an amazing concept and execution friends. I LOVE it! Also that S in your picture kittyray is giving me flashbacks to junior high.

Abyss
02-11-2022, 05:23 PM
How do we do this this looks like fun! (is stupid and doesn't read)

Cinnamoroll
02-11-2022, 05:24 PM
this ia the CUTEST event idea EVER omg TYSM for hearing our suggestions for a valentine's event! LETS SPREAD DA LOVE, Y'ALL! :o_o: :tickled_pink:

Wormjaw
02-11-2022, 05:28 PM
this is so cute T____T i love this new userbar/feature.

Zenitsu
02-11-2022, 05:37 PM
I hope I'm not the only one freaking out hahahah :highly_amused: This event is amazing!!! :victorious: What a sweet and cool idea! BIG Probs to everyone! :couple_inlove:

Erik.
02-11-2022, 06:28 PM
I'm afraid I misunderstood but to have Cupid post my message, I have to post in that thread right? Or how does it work? ':D

Ismira
02-11-2022, 06:32 PM
I'm afraid I misunderstood but to have Cupid post my message, I have to post in that thread right? Or how does it work? ':D

Basically just tag the username you wish to leave a message for, along with your message!

kittyray
02-11-2022, 06:34 PM
this ia the CUTEST event idea EVER omg TYSM for hearing our suggestions for a valentine's event! LETS SPREAD DA LOVE, Y'ALL! :o_o: :tickled_pink:

This has actually been in the works for a while before you all started suggesting it, but I was bouncing off the walls excited to see people discussing something like it before it launched!

And if you believe it, Bat thought of his userbar completely independently from my event! It all just fit together so nicely!

Erik.
02-11-2022, 06:36 PM
Basically just tag the username you wish to leave a message for, along with your message!

Ah gotcha, thanks!

Lyrichord
02-11-2022, 06:38 PM
UHM HI this event is the sweetest and I am HERE for it! :love_heart:

Thank you kittyray and Bat and everyone for putting it on!

Buizel
02-11-2022, 06:46 PM
This is so adorable I love it!!! :$

Erik.
02-11-2022, 06:51 PM
Oh one more question! Do I have to post them one by one or can they be in post? 0:-)

Edit: I just did it one by one. Hope I didn't clog the system :x

Cinnamoroll
02-11-2022, 06:51 PM
This has actually been in the works for a while before you all started suggesting it, but I was bouncing off the walls excited to see people discussing something like it before it launched!

And if you believe it, Bat thought of his userbar completely independently from my event! It all just fit together so nicely!

Either way, you still heard us out! And we always appreciate it <3

Ismira
02-11-2022, 07:04 PM
Oh one more question! Do I have to post them one by one or can they be in post? 0:-)

One at a time looks nicer! I made the mistake of lumping them together and it doesn't look as nice lol

Ghast
02-11-2022, 08:02 PM
What a fun new feature :D Such a cute user bar too!

Wooloo
02-11-2022, 08:57 PM
This is so sweet and makes me wish I wasn't antisocial so I'd have more friends here LOL

Menine
02-11-2022, 09:05 PM
I LOVE THIS EVENT :love_heart:

Unown
02-11-2022, 09:24 PM
Omg this is SO fun!!

Thanks for hosting this and for the really creative userbar that allows messages!

Shawn
02-11-2022, 09:50 PM
This is a great and fun event, and I definitely have to give props to the great banner in the first post too! Great work!

Ember
02-12-2022, 01:18 AM
This is so sweet and makes me wish I wasn't antisocial so I'd have more friends here LOL

That's the point of this event <3 Meeting new, fab people

- - - Updated - - -

1 by 1 is what Cupid told me when I had a smooth brain moment and decided to message Cupid instead of posting on the thread itself XD You're gucci!

xChoppie
02-12-2022, 02:22 AM
This is such a cute idea! <3
Happy Valentines Day (in advance) :D

Cinderella
02-12-2022, 04:19 AM
I pmd cupid my message lol. Was I supposed to write it on this thread instead? Ooops!

Lyrichord
02-12-2022, 04:37 AM
I pmd cupid my message lol. Was I supposed to write it on this thread instead? Ooops!

You can write your notes on this board! They'll be approved and posted by Cupid so they won't show up immediately. :$

phantasia
02-12-2022, 05:33 AM
This is such an awesome idea! Wow Love it. I need to make some friends on here

TsUNaMy WaVe
02-12-2022, 07:51 AM
This is such a cool and fun idea!
Thank you, ck Staff, for hosting and arranging it!

Ember
02-12-2022, 10:18 AM
Oo I see people have the ub already. Is it being handed out already? -constantly refreshes to see if mine came yet- lol

DrSloth
02-12-2022, 10:37 AM
loving this new tool <3 so fun

Stardew
02-12-2022, 10:46 AM
Aww this is such a cute idea! And I love that it's anonymous. Anonymous compliments & messages can be a lot less scary for people like me who are really shy!

I was surprised and delighted to find a few people sent in messages for me! Didn't expect that at all! :$

Cherubi
02-12-2022, 10:56 AM
As a another shy, non-talkative person - I love this idea! I definitely need to make more friends as well.

It's so heartwarming to see so many thoughtful messages :love_heart:

Zenitsu
02-12-2022, 12:28 PM
y'all are too damn cute. Thank you all ♥ ♥ *gentle crying* :tears_of_joy:

Owlcoholic
02-12-2022, 12:34 PM
As a another shy, non-talkative person - I love this idea! I definitely need to make more friends as well.

It's so heartwarming to see so many thoughtful messages :love_heart:

I cannot agree more. I will say I've become a little more talkative, but I'm just so nervous all the time lol.

Cupid grant me the energy to become a social butterfly and make more friends! :butterfly: :love_heart:

Aero
02-12-2022, 12:47 PM
Thank you for such a fun event kittyray and Bat !! What a unique idea and I’m having a lot of fun reading the anonymous responses.

Buizel
02-12-2022, 03:23 PM
Coming home from work yesterday and seeing all the cute messages (and buizel puns) warmed my heart. :joyous:

Thank you staff for organizing this event! :$

Zapdos
02-12-2022, 08:12 PM
This event has been so heartwarming, thank you so much for putting it together guys!! :love_heart:

behati
02-12-2022, 10:34 PM
This is honestly the cutest event ever!
I love Valentines and seeing all this love over the boards is beautiful <3

Thanks guys for putting it together.

jellybelly
02-13-2022, 03:06 AM
This is really neat!! and that userbar is so pretty!! great work

phantasia
02-13-2022, 11:40 AM
How do we do this this looks like fun! (is stupid and doesn't read)

Lol Same maybe the idea is to spread the LOVE

Alcremie
02-13-2022, 12:54 PM
Finally, a way to anonymously show my appreciation for people! I needed this haha, thank you :)

Corvid
02-14-2022, 01:39 AM
Finally, a way to anonymously show my appreciation for people! I needed this haha, thank you :)

all introverts sigh in relief, haha

caviar
02-14-2022, 01:18 PM
I hope I'm not doing anything wrong when sending the messages, like if I'm not tagging properly or something? I've sent a bunch and I still haven't gotten the userbar yet. Or maybe I still need to do more!

RicoBandito
02-14-2022, 01:27 PM
This is such a neat idea! Thank you! I find myself adding more people as friends to be able to write on their UB. Friendly People I interact with here but never hit that add friend button. It’s SO nice to see positivity on the internet
Sending all the love ! Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

Cookie Tray
02-14-2022, 01:49 PM
What a cute concept! I love the userbars design too, happy valentines day CK!

RicoBandito
02-14-2022, 02:13 PM
I hope I'm not doing anything wrong when sending the messages, like if I'm not tagging properly or something? I've sent a bunch and I still haven't gotten the userbar yet. Or maybe I still need to do more!

Some of mine didn’t go through but other ones I did showed up. I’ve finally opened up and posted a lot of them and I think since they are manually posted on the thread, might take a minute? I do apologize if I’ve done too many myself. I just admire so many people here and it’s nice to tell them :)

kittyray
02-14-2022, 02:19 PM
Cupid is a little busy, so sometimes there's a delay between when messages are submitted and when Cupid can sort through them all and post!

Also don't apologize for doing too many, there can never be too much positivity spread about!

RicoBandito
02-14-2022, 02:30 PM
Cupid is a little busy, so sometimes there's a delay between when messages are submitted and when Cupid can sort through them all and post!

Also don't apologize for doing too many, there can never be too much positivity spread about!

Cupid is very busy today! :D online and offline I imagine :) lots of love to spread!

Goddammit
02-14-2022, 09:29 PM
I just wanna thank whoever anon submits things to Cupid about me. It's been a bit of a rough month mentally and I just really appreciate the kind words. And I love love love that this is a thing in the community.

im sappy n emotional 2day

honeycomb
02-14-2022, 10:51 PM
this event warms my heart. being able to send my lovin' to people without anxiety getting in the way has been so wonderful, happy valentine ck!!
i also have most definitely teared up a few times reading the ones sent to me, it seriously means the world 2 me. ;-;

kittyray
02-14-2022, 11:41 PM
Not to like sit here giving an awards speech, but we just hit 1,000 messages and I'm like ready to cry and just wanna thank all of you for making it possible.

Lyrichord
02-14-2022, 11:48 PM
kittyray Beat me to it but I also wanted to say, huge shoutout to everyone for reaching over 1000 posts in 3 days! :love_heart:

Many thank yous to everyone who's made this possible and written in to Cupid. It's made my day, checking all the notifications!

Stardew
02-15-2022, 06:38 AM
Honestly this event has been heartwarming and I laughed so hard every time someone sent me a funny or raunchy valentine's card/joke! Thank you all! I felt quite shy about sending my own but did it anyway! :)

To respond to the Cupid message I got, I am not a 100% sure who sent it but have a few guesses, so I'll just say: if anyone here wants to continue a past conversation where we left off or start a new one, feel free to message me any time! Even if it's been literal years since we last messaged, I don't mind at all! I love you all so much, this is such a wonderful community! <3

Da Plushee Boree
02-15-2022, 07:35 AM
OMYGOSH not gonna lie, i was writing a long ass message to the user before reading here because i didn't noticed the last line was a link and OHMYGOSH i'm so silly and OHMYGOSH i'm so impresed with the system and all and i want to +rep everyone and i never had thought something like this could even be done and ALFAGBIOABOISDBGIOJADIG

now i want to know who bought the P5 vinil LP ahahahaha

Also i want all of you to be my valentines, love you all

Alister
02-15-2022, 06:11 PM
OMYGOSH not gonna lie, i was writing a long ass message to the user before reading here because i didn't noticed the last line was a link and OHMYGOSH i'm so silly and OHMYGOSH i'm so impresed with the system and all and i want to +rep everyone and i never had thought something like this could even be done and ALFAGBIOABOISDBGIOJADIG

now i want to know who bought the P5 vinil LP ahahahaha

Also i want all of you to be my valentines, love you all

it was meeeee =D about the P5 vinyl that is! I was looking in the record collecting thread and saw that you mentioned having the P5R OST record and had a "OMG THAT EXISTS???" moment because I just finished my first P5R playthrough (first playthrough at all, I never played the original P5) and am obsessed

I had to get the regular P5 OST first though. I'll get R too someday but you know I need those Ark and Whims Of Fate tracks first :o_o:

phantasia
02-16-2022, 12:08 PM

Bat
02-16-2022, 12:17 PM
You've only sent one message to somebody else, Mudboots. You'll need a bit more holiday spirit than that!

You might be able to find some clues about this userbar in the userbars thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links])!

Saturnine
02-17-2022, 11:08 AM
this is awesome
and just one more reason to love this community :love_heart:

kittyray
02-19-2022, 02:25 PM
Just a heads up everybody, Cupid's visit will be ending sometime tomorrow evening, so if you've been holding out on sending any messages, we're approaching your final chance!

The thread is here! ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

kittyray
02-21-2022, 12:37 PM

Hello, all, that’s a wrap on the Cupid event!

First off I want to say a big thank you to j03 and Bat for helping me set up all of the logistics and making this all function to begin with. Also big thanks to our amazing moderation team Flordibel and Mama Bear (we’re gonna miss you!) for helping to keep the stream going. They were all so helpful and instrumental in keeping this event up and running. But importantly, I want to thank each and every one of you who submitted messages. Whether you sent one message, or twenty (or more), none of it would have been possible without you.

About 24 hours after the launch I took a few notes down. I was not at all prepared for such an enthusiastic and immediate reception this got. I was honestly overwhelmed by the kinds you all shared and was kind of teary-eyed (in the good way). I’d had some participation goals I worried might ben ambitious for the entire event, but we ended up seeing them in the first couple of days. In the end we had over a hundred members sending a total of over 1250 messages.

I have a lot of love for this community and I’m not sure just how much I can express how wonderful it felt to see all of this love and kindness between all of you. Also, remember that just because the event is over, doesn’t mean you can’t keep the positivity going (anonymity might be a bit harder, though).

One last time, big thank you to you all!