PDA

View Full Version : cK's March Madness of Pokémon [2022]

Charmander
02-01-2022, 02:54 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Ck's March Madness of Pokémon has made it's return! Let's have some fun this March Madness with a Pokémon twist! This year's theme will be the March Madness of Legendary Pokémon! That's right... the best of the best elite Pokémon will duke it out to claim the crown of Legendary Pokémon Champion!

OVERALL EVENT

Here is a little overview on how the event will work. On Challonge I have created a playoff bracket matching Pokémon against each other. The first round is going to be quite the battle! Each cK participant will create their own prediction on how the matches will play out through each round of the event and predict who will ultimately win the event. These predictions need to be completed before voting starts in March. Once March roles around participants can log into Challonge and then place votes on who they think/or want to win each matchup. Voting periods for each round are about 5 days to allow everyone to be able to get their votes in. The Pokémon with the most votes will win the match and advance in the event. This process will continue until a final Pokémon champion is decided. At that point the cK participant whose predictions most closely match the true outcome of the event wins!

SIGN-UPS

This event is open to any cK member! If you want to sign up please post on the thread so I can keep a running list of who is all participating. Once you have done so I will send you the link to the bracket on Challonge to start your predictions!

PREDICTIVE BRACKET

To create your predictive bracket please log into Challonge ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and head to the bracket.

Check your Inbox for the link :)

When submitting your predictions; under Prediction Title please use your cK username as part of it so I know who you are. (eg. Great White North's Bracket)

You have until February 28th to submit your predictions. Once March begins predictive brackets will no longer be accepted and the tournament will begin!

VOTING
*ONLY PARTICIPANTS WHO HAVE SUBMITTED BRACKETS SHOULD BE VOTING*

To prevent non-participants from voting the Challonge link will not be posted on the thread so please ensure you save your link in your cK inbox or bookmark it in your browser.

On March 1st the first rounds of voting will being. Make sure to vote on what Pokémon would win the head to head match up. Voting is not restricted to stat/performance and who you think would win in a battle. You can vote one whatever premise you like. You could vote on stats on who you think would win or your can vote based on appearance or even just personal preference. This is what makes the predictions fun as you don't know what your fellow cK'ers have chosen to base their predictions on!

Once the first round of voting is complete and the winners are declared the next round of voting will begin. This process will repeat until the end of the tournament!

Round Voting Deadlines

ROUND 1 - March 5
ROUND 2 - March 10
ROUND 3 - March 15
ROUND 4 - March 20
QUARTER-FINALS - March 25
SEMI-FINALS - March 28
FINALS - March 31

DECLARING A WINNER

The winner of the 2022 March Madness of Pokémon will be the participant whose predictive bracket produces the most points and is the most accurate to the outcomes of the voting results. Each round will have an allocated score for each correct prediction. As the tournament progresses the value of each correct prediction increases. (eg. Round 1 correct prediction = 10 points, Round 2 correct prediction = 20). This is all calculated by the Challonge program.

PRIZES

The Winner of the 2022 March Madness of Pokémon will receive $30 USD as well as 1 Month of cK VIP

In addition our FINAL FOUR will receive the following userbar!:
made by the ever so talented Bat

In addition the following prizes will be awarded:

750 NC to each of the Final Four
Donated by Sephora

1 month of VIP to our 2nd and 3rd place finishers!
Donated by Andymac106

1 month of VIP to our 4th place finisher!
Donated by Ismira

Prizes are continually being worked on and updated. If you would like to contribute to the prize pool please send me a message

PARTICIPANTS

TsUNaMy WaVe Cinnamoroll Ghast Abyss Zenitsu Brittany Cat Purrson Cinderella Zapdos Nattiee Jayfeather Johncena405 Ariealle Lyrichord xChoppie accio Cath Dracarys DarkSkies ezekielhabermann Hikimaru Saturnine Sephora Ismira Mikal Peach Octopuss Columbidae Erik. Nyanobyte Alister Danny Phantom Da Plushee Boree cleowuu Using My Pass kittyray

PREVIOUS MARCH MADNESS OF Pokémon EVENTS
2021 March Madness of Pokémon ([Only registered and activated users can see links]!)

TsUNaMy WaVe
02-01-2022, 05:12 PM
Sign me up! It'll be my first year participating :$

Cinnamoroll
02-01-2022, 05:16 PM
YAAASSSSSS LETS GO! Sign me up :o_o:

also ps: are the userbars for participation as well that are different than the winners one, like with the Pokémon GFX event??

Ghast
02-01-2022, 06:07 PM
I would like to sign up :D My first year, too!

Charmander
02-01-2022, 06:10 PM
YAAASSSSSS LETS GO! Sign me up :o_o:

also ps: are the userbars for participation as well that are different than the winners one, like with the Pokémon GFX event??

Sadly no userbars for participating as it's pretty low effort needs to do the prediction and vote. Gotta make you work for those hunny;)

I will sign everyone else up and send links when I'm at my computer :)

Shoyrus
02-01-2022, 06:18 PM
sounds fun, count me in!

Abyss
02-01-2022, 09:08 PM
I wanna play! This sounds like fun!

Zenitsu
02-01-2022, 09:12 PM
Sounds like lots of fun! Please count me in! :D

Buizel
02-01-2022, 09:26 PM
Whooo, I'd love to join again! :) Very much enjoyed last year!

Cat Purrson
02-01-2022, 10:45 PM
I'll sign up! It was so fun last year :)

Cinderella
02-02-2022, 01:30 AM
Sign me up please :)

Lyrichord
02-02-2022, 01:38 AM
I'm new to this, and a little confused? What determines the matches, our votes? Also will we vote once at the beginning for the full template or will it be every round? Thanks! :$

Zapdos
02-02-2022, 04:13 AM
Count me in again please! :D

Nattiee
02-02-2022, 05:52 AM
Hey!
I’d love to join this year if there’s room!

Jayfeather
02-02-2022, 08:11 AM
I'd like to join as well!

John Cena
02-02-2022, 08:16 AM
I'd like to sign up please! (:

Ariealle
02-02-2022, 08:18 AM
I'd like to join please. Last year was a good time.

Mario2302
02-02-2022, 11:56 AM
hopefully i'll have more time by the time signups close but atm i feel like i can't participate this time around :(
great to see you're hosting again though GWN!

Charmander
02-02-2022, 12:21 PM
I'm new to this, and a little confused? What determines the matches, our votes? Also will we vote once at the beginning for the full template or will it be every round? Thanks! :$

Hi Lyrichord. Please refer to the original post as it will answer all of your questions.

Lyrichord
02-02-2022, 01:24 PM
Thank you! I had read it but was still confused. Seeing the bracket though it makes a lot more sense. :) Looking forward to this!

Charmander
02-02-2022, 02:32 PM
To whoever named their bracket "Sword dog wins every time" even though it is funny and creative can you please follow the request in the OP to include your cK username in your bracket title so I know who you are? Thank you :)

John Cena
02-02-2022, 03:42 PM
I had no idea who half these pokemon were this time, lol.
Stuck with my favourites and made some random guesses!

Go Keldeo and Mew! (especially Mew!) :o_o:

radius
02-02-2022, 09:53 PM
Ooo, I've never participated in this before! Sign me up :D

xChoppie
02-03-2022, 01:33 AM
Would love to sign up!
First time participating. ;)

accio
02-03-2022, 02:48 AM
First year participant, would love to sign up :)

Cath
02-03-2022, 08:54 AM
This sounds fun! I’d love to participate! :$

Andymac106
02-03-2022, 09:10 PM
I'm ready to win my own VIP ;P Too bad I know nothing about pokemon but I wanna play!!

Alcremie
02-05-2022, 12:54 AM
Would love to sign up :)

DarkSkies
02-05-2022, 02:52 AM
I want to sign up to too and this is also my first time, sounds really fun! :D

ezekielhabermann
02-05-2022, 01:44 PM
I'll throw my hat in! This sounds like some real fun and it's been a hot minute since I have done anything remotely competitive with Pokémon.

Charmander
02-06-2022, 09:58 AM
So excited to see all of the interest this year!

Just a reminder you have until the end of the month to submit/edit your predictions.

Once voting begins I'll ping everyone when rounds start for voting. Please make sure you get your brackets in so you can vote :)

ezekielhabermann
02-06-2022, 03:02 PM
Bracket made, feels pretty strong. Now to sleep on it and wait for results.

Charmander
02-06-2022, 04:46 PM
Bracket made, feels pretty strong. Now to sleep on it and wait for results.

Don't forget to vote when voting opens :)

Hikimaru
02-07-2022, 07:22 AM
Sign me up, please!

DarkSkies
02-08-2022, 11:34 PM
Soooo manyyyy pokemon I don't know in the brackets lol

I just listened to my heart ~~~~ :o_o:

Saturnine
02-10-2022, 04:46 PM
I'm in!

Sephora
02-10-2022, 11:41 PM
I would like to participate and I want to donate a 750 NC Card to each of the top 4 winners

Ismira
02-11-2022, 02:12 AM
I know nothing about Pokémon aside from the theme song dubbed in the native language of my land lol, but sign me up!

Would love to contribute something towards the winners - maybe NC codes, $20 added to the winners pool, or NC items?

Charmander
02-11-2022, 09:43 PM
I would like to participate and I want to donate a 750 NC Card to each of the top 4 winners

Thanks so much! I'll add that in!!

- - - Updated - - -

I know nothing about Pokémon aside from the theme song dubbed in the native language of my land lol, but sign me up!

Would love to contribute something towards the winners - maybe NC codes, $20 added to the winners pool, or NC items?

I am open to whatever feel free to message me on what you decide and I can add your prize to the OP

Nattiee
02-11-2022, 10:02 PM
let's goooooooooooooo chumps

Harvest Goddess
02-13-2022, 01:43 PM
Sign me uppppppp

I’m gonna wipe the floor with y’all

JK - the only thing I know which shinies are pink because I think their cute but I’m sure gonna try!

Mikal
02-13-2022, 07:24 PM
I'll join this year

Lilac Tentacles
02-13-2022, 07:28 PM
I'll play this year!

Pidgey
02-13-2022, 10:18 PM
I missed last year's and have never done something like this before... so I'd like to participate :)

Edit I thought I had decent knowledge of pokemon... I dont know over half of these

Erik.
02-14-2022, 01:50 PM
Sign me up please ^^ Fun!

Nyanobyte
02-15-2022, 10:52 AM
Ooo Legendary Pokémon! This looks like a good time ^-^
Sign me up, please!

Alister
02-15-2022, 11:14 AM
Oh yeah I'm in >:3

Danny Phantom
02-15-2022, 08:50 PM
How did I miss this thread? :O Sign me up, I loved participating last year!

Da Plushee Boree
02-16-2022, 01:59 PM
I'm in!
Last year was so fun, let's have the best event again this year! ♥ :D

Sam.
02-19-2022, 03:03 AM
Sign me up please! Never tried one of these before and I'm excited to try~

Cat Purrson
02-19-2022, 03:18 AM
I got my prediction in sorry it took me so long

Charmander
02-19-2022, 09:45 AM
I got my prediction in sorry it took me so long

No worries. Deadline to submit is the 28th so you are all good :)

Hawking
02-19-2022, 09:51 AM
Sign me up!

Charmander
02-22-2022, 02:43 PM
8 Days to go!

Sing ups and predictions will close the evening of February 28th! If you have received your invite but have not yet had time to complete your predictions please ensure you do so before the deadline. Individuals who have not completed their predictions will be removed from the participants list. Also, please ensure your cK username is in your bracket name so we know who you are. "Sword dog wins every time" bracket...I'm looking at you. Cinnamoroll you may want to check your bracket to make sure all of your predictions are done. It's showing up like you haven't. :)

TsUNaMy WaVe Cinnamoroll Ghast Shoyrus Abyss Zenitsu Brittany Cat Purrson Cinderella Zapdos Nattiee Jayfeather Johncena405 Ariealle radius Lyrichord xChoppie accio Cath Andymac106 Dracarys DarkSkies ezekielhabermann Hikimaru Saturnine Sephora Ismira Harvest Goddess Mikal Peach Octopus Columbidae Erik. Nyanobyte Alister Danny Phantom Da Plushee Boree Sam. Hawking

Hawking
02-22-2022, 02:47 PM
8 Days to go!

Sing ups and predictions will close the evening of February 28th! If you have received your invite but have not yet had time to complete your predictions please ensure you do so before the deadline. Individuals who have not completed their predictions will be removed from the participants list. Also, please ensure your cK username is in your bracket name so we know who you are. "Sword dog wins every time" bracket...I'm looking at you. Cinnamoroll you may want to check your bracket to make sure all of your predictions are done. It's showing up like you haven't. :)

I haven't received an invite yet!

Charmander
02-22-2022, 02:51 PM
I haven't received an invite yet!

Invite was sent on the 18th. I have just sent it again. Please let me know if you got it.

Lilac Tentacles
02-22-2022, 02:52 PM
Crap, forgot. I'll get on the computer tonight. It's now working from my phone. <3

DarkSkies
02-22-2022, 02:55 PM
How exciting!! I don't know half of the pokemon lol But looking forward to these battles :takdir:

Cinnamoroll
02-22-2022, 02:56 PM
Great White North I went back in to finish as I noticed I missed a couple but it doesn’t seem to have updated it?
Maybe I’ll just re-do it? Can you delete my old one?

Hawking
02-22-2022, 03:00 PM
Invite was sent on the 18th. I have just sent it again. Please let me know if you got it.

Sorry if I'm being dumb...where would it have been sent to? I don't have anything in my inbox here or my email.

Thanks!

Charmander
02-22-2022, 03:52 PM
Sorry if I'm being dumb...where would it have been sent to? I don't have anything in my inbox here or my email.

Thanks!

It should be in your Inbox here on cK. I just sent a third copy and I am not receiving an error on my end (ie not indicating your inbox if full). Maybe check your inbox to make sure your inbox is not full. If it still is not there I would recommend reaching out to Bat or j03 to problem solve.

Hawking
02-22-2022, 06:11 PM
It should be in your Inbox here on cK. I just sent a third copy and I am not receiving an error on my end (ie not indicating your inbox if full). Maybe check your inbox to make sure your inbox is not full. If it still is not there I would recommend reaching out to Bat or j03 to problem solve.

Inbox contains 94 messages. You have 217 messages stored, of a total 2,400 allowed.

So weird, I have nothing!

I just deleted a bunch of messages to get it even lower. Will you try sending one more time?

Cinderella
02-23-2022, 01:36 AM
I think I've done mine right - please let me now if I haven't! x

Danny Phantom
02-23-2022, 04:10 PM
[CENTER]8 Days to go!

It seems my invite didn't arrive on my inbox! :( I double-checked to make sure, and unfortunately it isn't there.

Charmander
02-23-2022, 04:40 PM
It seems my invite didn't arrive on my inbox! :( I double-checked to make sure, and unfortunately it isn't there.

Just sent your invite again!

TsUNaMy WaVe
02-23-2022, 04:49 PM
I filled up mine a while ago, I hope I did it correctly ><

Charmander
02-23-2022, 05:18 PM
Everyone else has theirs completely filled out it was just Cinna that was off.

hamilton
02-23-2022, 06:21 PM
Sign me up please!

Using My Pass
02-24-2022, 12:43 AM
Hello I would like one sign up please and thank you!

Ambient
02-27-2022, 07:44 AM
This will be my first year!!! Let's do this! I'm super excited!

Buizel
02-27-2022, 07:13 PM
Doing my predictions now!

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

@Great White North in regards to Urshifu, which one are we speaking on?

His Water/Fighting or Dark/Fighting typing? He has two different form but shares the same name.

Charmander
02-27-2022, 07:18 PM
Doing my predictions now!

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

@Great White North in regards to Urshifu, which one are we speaking on?

His Water/Fighting or Dark/Fighting typing? He has two different form but shares the same name.

Oof OMG. Um can I say either/or? Haha

Buizel
02-27-2022, 07:24 PM
Oof OMG. Um can I say either/or? Haha

That works, yeah haha! If he happens to maybe throw a monkey wrench into some predictions later on, we can probably discuss from there if need be?

Thank you for answering!

Charmander
02-28-2022, 08:52 PM
Last call for sign-ups and prediction completions!

I will be closing sign ups within the next few hours!

kittyray
02-28-2022, 09:06 PM
crawling in at last minute

okay let's do this

Lilac Tentacles
02-28-2022, 09:48 PM
I did mine the other day. Did it not show up? :(

Charmander
02-28-2022, 09:50 PM
Paging the following cK members!: Shoyrus radius Andymac106 Ismira Harvest Goddess Sam. Hawking cleowuu Using My Pass Ambient

This is the final call to complete your brackets. In addition we have two culprits who did not follow requests to ensure their cK username was in their bracket name. I am looking at brackets "poopywater" and "For funsies! I know nothing x)"

Once the sign-up and prediction period closes participants who have not completed their brackets or identified their bracket will be removed from the list and not pinged for voting. In addition if there is a prediction bracket that cannot be linked to a cK user via the bracket title or Challonge Username that bracket will not be included in the final results.

Get ready folks! Voting starts tomorrow!

Using My Pass
02-28-2022, 10:51 PM
I don't know how to update my name or even how to find my bracket.

I will withdraw from the event, apologies for not noticing the note about the CK username, it was a lot of information and I have ADHD. I assumed the invite link created a unique identifier.

My bracket was poopywater.

Apologies again

Edit to add: Apparently I seemed upset in this post. I'm not upset, apologies if it appeared that way!

Charmander
02-28-2022, 11:08 PM
I don't know how to update my name or even how to find my bracket.

I will withdraw from the event, apologies for not noticing the note about the CK username, it was a lot of information and I have ADHD. I assumed the invite link created a unique identifier.

My bracket was poopywater.

Apologies again

Hey don't be sorry You have identified it prior to closing of entries. I'll make a note that that bracket belongs to you. No need to withdraw :) just be ready to participate in voting. :)

Ismira
02-28-2022, 11:30 PM
This is the final call to complete your brackets. In addition we have two culprits who did not follow requests to ensure their cK username was in their bracket name. I am looking at brackets "poopywater" and "For funsies! I know nothing x)"

The other culprit was me.. *hangs head in shame* :(
I'm sorry! I'm not sure how I overlooked including my username somewhere.

I just edited my prediction to include my username, but let me know if it didn't work?

Charmander
02-28-2022, 11:42 PM
The other culprit was me.. *hangs head in shame* :(
I'm sorry! I'm not sure how I overlooked including my username somewhere.

I just edited my prediction to include my username, but let me know if it didn't work?

You're all good to go now!

Predictions are now CLOSED! Let's get ready to vote tomorrow!

Ambient
03-01-2022, 08:52 AM
I was too late! I didn't see the email until this morning and then I still couldn't figure out how to name a bracket or anything. I do apologize for missing out! :(

Charmander
03-01-2022, 11:41 AM
Round 1 of Voting is Open!

Voting for round one will close on the evening of March 5th MST

Please use the link previously provided to you to access the bracket and submit your votes!

@TsUNaMy WaVe Cinnamoroll Ghast Abyss Zenitsu Brittany Cat Purrson Cinderella Zapdos Nattiee Jayfeather Johncena405 Ariealle Lyrichord xChoppie accio Cath Dracarys DarkSkies ezekielhabermann Hikimaru Saturnine Sephora Ismira Mikal Peach Octopus Columbidae Erik. Nyanobyte Alister Danny Phantom Da Plushee Boree cleowuu Using My Pass kittyray

Mario2302
03-01-2022, 12:26 PM
have fun everyone, kinda sad i wasn't able to enter to try and defend the title but i'll surely check in when i can to learn about the winner! ;)

good luck to all of the participants!

Alcremie
03-01-2022, 04:22 PM
Man I am not starting this comp right, I voted for the wrong 'mon on accident. Whoops. Good thing it was only one though

Buizel
03-01-2022, 07:04 PM
How is Zacian beating Zamazenta and Mew beating Mewtwo so far....there isn't a matchup in this world where the former would beat the latter haha

kittyray
03-01-2022, 08:59 PM
How is Zacian beating Zamazenta and Mew beating Mewtwo so far....there isn't a matchup in this world where the former would beat the latter haha

That's because you approached this with the wisdom of a person who actually plays. I approached this with the wisdom of which one I thought looked cooler/cuter or occasionally which name I liked better.

Charmander
03-01-2022, 09:34 PM
Just as a heads up to those who created predictions without creating a Challonge account. You will NOT be able to vote unless you create a Challonge account.

Lyrichord
03-01-2022, 09:42 PM
My round one votes are in, time will show how little I know about Pokemon. :o_o:

I also went the "who would win" route, but I had to use the Pokedex for that, since I know just about nothing! Looking at the prediction set names at least I'm not the only one. :$

Pidgey
03-01-2022, 09:52 PM
I know the first 3 generations... after that I picked off PC standards of WN and went with the pet name I'd like the most.
Ahahahah

DarkSkies
03-01-2022, 10:13 PM
Just as a heads up to those who created predictions without creating a Challonge account. You will NOT be able to vote unless you create a Challonge account.

Ohh I didn't make my account for voting, only completed my prediction. If I make my account I can vote or def not anymore? :(

Charmander
03-01-2022, 10:21 PM
Ohh I didn't make my account for voting, only completed my prediction. If I make my account I can vote or def not anymore? :(

If you make an account and follow the link to the bracket you can still vote even if you're account isn't linked to your predictions

DarkSkies
03-01-2022, 10:37 PM
If you make an account and follow the link to the bracket you can still vote even if you're account isn't linked to your predictions

Thank you, made my acc and submitted my votes :D

Ghast
03-01-2022, 11:30 PM
I made an account and followed my link (which I saved on the day I was given the link) but now it is telling me I cannot access the page "You are not authorized to access this page.", has any one else gotten this? :o

DarkSkies
03-01-2022, 11:46 PM
I made an account and followed my link (which I saved on the day I was given the link) but now it is telling me I cannot access the page "You are not authorized to access this page.", has any one else gotten this? :o

Did you verify your account? I just did mine today and had no problem following my link. I made my votes from the first link I received from Great White North

Zapdos
03-02-2022, 01:57 AM
Great White North
I lost the link :P Would you mind sending me a new one?

ezekielhabermann
03-02-2022, 10:43 AM
I was worried I had missed the voting! I locked in my votes and feeling good about those numbers though.

Alister
03-02-2022, 11:22 AM
the current deadlocked tie between Mew and Mewtwo seems really fitting

also smh you all are doing Celebi dirty, did we learn nothing from PMD: Explorers of Sky?!?!?!?!?!

Charmander
03-02-2022, 11:55 AM
Great White North
I lost the link :P Would you mind sending me a new one?

Oh boy haha. I just sent it to you.

I still need to do my votes too!

Ghast
03-02-2022, 02:52 PM
Did you verify your account? I just did mine today and had no problem following my link. I made my votes from the first link I received from Great White North

Yeah I made an account and verified it, and used my link that I first got from Great White too :( Not sure what it is doing, I guess it does not like me XD

Charmander
03-02-2022, 03:01 PM
Yeah I made an account and verified it, and used my link that I first got from Great White too :( Not sure what it is doing, I guess it does not like me XD

I'll try sending the link again and see if that works. Make sure you are using the link once you are logged in.

ezekielhabermann
03-02-2022, 04:06 PM
the current deadlocked tie between Mew and Mewtwo seems really fitting

also smh you all are doing Celebi dirty, did we learn nothing from PMD: Explorers of Sky?!?!?!?!?!

I have gone based on competitive purely. In which less so Celebi bad, but Jirachi is actually a monster

Buizel
03-02-2022, 04:23 PM
That and the fact Celebi is x4 weak to Bug moves and since Jirachi can learn U-Turn, it's a one shot no matter what :P

TsUNaMy WaVe
03-03-2022, 04:51 PM
Week 1 of Voting is Open!

Voting for round one will close on the evening of March 5th MST

Please use the link previously provided to you to access the bracket and submit your votes!

Oh no my ping didn't get through. I'm glad I remembered to check the thread!

Charmander
03-03-2022, 05:03 PM
So strange I'm so sorry. I'll do another ping before closing as maybe 2/3rds of people have voted.

Charmander
03-05-2022, 09:52 AM
Round 1 of Voting Closes Tonight!

Please use the link previously provided to you to access the bracket and submit your votes! Also a friendly reminder. If you did not create a Challonge account when you made your predictions you will need one in order to vote.

Da Plushee Boree
03-05-2022, 10:44 AM
Just voted!

Forgot my password and it was the most silly of all my passwords hahahah

Next match will be hard!!

Zapdos
03-05-2022, 06:25 PM
I seem to not be able to submit my votes :( Its starts submitting and just stops.

Cinnamoroll
03-06-2022, 01:11 AM
I was able to squeak in my votes in time! Phew

kittyray
03-06-2022, 01:39 AM
Looking at the current votes versus my predictions I have a feeling this is gonna be a fun ride to the bottom.

Charmander
03-06-2022, 02:48 AM
Round 2 of Voting is Open!

Voting for round two will close on the evening of March 10th MST

*some rounds were not closed as they were byes into round two*

Please use the link previously provided to you to access the bracket and submit your votes! Also a friendly reminder. If you did not create a Challonge account when you made your predictions you will need one in order to vote.

Abyss
03-06-2022, 05:29 AM
Zamazenta sucks without access to Body Slam. Zacian is just too powerful. Fairy is simply too good still.
I'm more surprised Regigigas won the first round. Slow Start is its bane of existence.

Nyanobyte
03-06-2022, 10:44 AM
Voting done!

Looking forward to seeing how this round goes, good luck everyone! ^-^
TEAM MEW LETS GOOO

Pidgey
03-06-2022, 11:01 AM
Lol I'm in last place x).

Using PC standards of WN and cuteness failed me ahahahahah

Charmander
03-06-2022, 11:04 AM
Don't get discouraged! Alot can change through the voting periods!

TsUNaMy WaVe
03-06-2022, 12:05 PM
Lol I'm in last place x).

Using PC standards of WN and cuteness failed me ahahahahah

I also went with cuteness for the ones I don't know at all and tried to think who I knew was popular about the others. It didn't really work lmao
The funny thing is that I'm mostly neutral about every match, and I only had a solid opinion on one. But I knew my opinion was unpopular so I predicted the opposite and got it right lmao

Ghast
03-06-2022, 02:48 PM
Okay I am hoping my votes submitted correctly :o I was logged in and clicked submit (after filling ballot out) and it just says "submitting" then goes back to saying "submit votes" on the button with no confirmation... hopefully I did not spam it :o_o: If it did not work I will try tomorrow maybe to see if it gives me a confirmation :D

Buizel
03-07-2022, 06:26 AM
Zamazenta sucks without access to Body Slam. Zacian is just too powerful. Fairy is simply too good still.
I'm more surprised Regigigas won the first round. Slow Start is its bane of existence.

I believe Regigigas was apart of a bye bracket waiting for an opponent. In this case though, it's open and shut even with his ability against Spectrier imo. :P The only super effective move they can use against Regi is Double Kick and their attack is down right horrible whereas even hampered by their ability, I'm sure Regi can probably one or two shot Spectrier.

Da Plushee Boree
03-07-2022, 06:53 AM
Has Slow Start, but once it starts, DAMN it started; my boy Regigigas

OMG I'M 5TH now it can go soooooooooooooo goooood or soooooooooooo wroooooooong

edit GOT A RAICHU UB OMG

Abyss
03-07-2022, 07:03 AM
Hmmm....true, good point. I haven't familiarized myself with the two horses enough. xD

Charmander
03-07-2022, 09:37 AM
I believe Regigigas was apart of a bye bracket waiting for an opponent. In this case though, it's open and shut even with his ability against Spectrier imo. :P The only super effective move they can use against Regi is Double Kick and their attack is down right horrible whereas even hampered by their ability, I'm sure Regi can probably one or two shot Spectrier.

That is correct unless votes swing in favour of aesthetic and overall appeal. :surprise: hehehe that's why I love this event!

DarkSkies
03-07-2022, 09:47 AM
My votes are in. Crossing fingers buuutt I'm in the cute names/Pokémon for the win lol

ezekielhabermann
03-07-2022, 10:28 AM
I fear this may be the week my bracket falls apart, but I aim to trudge on

Alister
03-07-2022, 10:53 AM
I think my irrational fondness for Blacephalon is about to get me into trouble in this round

Cinnamoroll
03-07-2022, 12:06 PM
My votes are in. Crossing fingers buuutt I'm in the cute names/Pokémon for the win lol

I feel this haha! Some of them I did my type weakness knowledge, others I'm going more for "I like this one more in general so we are gonna pick that one". I'm 17th so not the greatest strategy so far LOL but that is okay! I am here more for the experience of seeing how it all plays out!

Da Plushee Boree
03-07-2022, 01:27 PM
I think my irrational fondness for Blacephalon is about to get me into trouble in this round

I really thought Blacephalon would reach far far far

Alister
03-08-2022, 03:01 PM
I love all the Ultra Beasts to be honest, I'm such Gen 7 trash. And I voted accordingly. If Mimikyu was in this tournament, Mimikyu would be my bracket's champion

also I feel like Suicune beating Raikou 63% to 37% is the most obvious example where a Pokemon's popularity and the Pokemon game mechanics are not talking to each other

Charmander
03-08-2022, 09:40 PM
I love all the Ultra Beasts to be honest, I'm such Gen 7 trash. And I voted accordingly. If Mimikyu was in this tournament, Mimikyu would be my bracket's champion

also I feel like Suicune beating Raikou 63% to 37% is the most obvious example where a Pokemon's popularity and the Pokemon game mechanics are not talking to each other

Yup :) But there was no rules stating you had to vote based on game mechanics. Just who you think would come out on top given whatever mechanic. Sometimes you have to pick with your heart on who you think others will pick vs. going with your brain. I feel like if I made it based just on game mechanics then everyone's brackets would be rather similar. This allows for more variety, upsets and suspense. :)

Charmander
03-10-2022, 08:51 PM
Round 2 of Voting Closes Tonight!

Charmander
03-11-2022, 08:18 AM
Round 3 of Voting is Open!

Voting for round three will close on the evening of March 15th MST

DarkSkies
03-11-2022, 10:20 AM
Against all odds, I'm going good I guess. For now.

I may go down the hill soon lol

John Cena
03-11-2022, 05:12 PM
Let's go mew! :o_o:
Bringing all the cuties up with Shaymin/Keldeo/Victini c:

Mikal
03-12-2022, 10:20 PM
Man looking at my score is pretty depressing. Only got a ~25% score so far...

Buizel
03-13-2022, 03:29 PM
I'm honestly so confused on how Zacian made it so far considering he gets one shot by Zamazenta haha but got my votes in! :)

kittyray
03-13-2022, 03:56 PM
is anybody else getting some popup twitch stream on challonge? i can't for the life of me figure out how to block it? i got my votes in earlier, just wanted to check the standings, but it's annoying af

Buizel
03-13-2022, 04:05 PM
is anybody else getting some popup twitch stream on challonge? i can't for the life of me figure out how to block it? i got my votes in earlier, just wanted to check the standings, but it's annoying af

I am and god I click X on the popup but this site just says fuck you and plays it anyway??? I just mute my entire laptop when I vote lol I'm not even sure what stream they're even pulling every time I go to the site.

Charmander
03-13-2022, 05:21 PM

Oh no! I haven't been on in a bit and haven't done my votes yet. I'll check it out in a bit here. Sorry for the annoyance from Challonge friends.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Update it also occurred to me. Even when x-ing out the music still played. So heads up to be muted!

ezekielhabermann
03-14-2022, 09:30 AM
Somehow finding the time to get my votes in, more shocked at how well my bracket is holding up all things considered.

Somehow eyeballing how each would fair in competitive is working... for now

Alister
03-16-2022, 05:39 PM
I'm dying for this voting round to close, I need to see how far I drop with Reshiram and Raikou getting knocked out lol

kittyray
03-16-2022, 05:52 PM
I'm dying for this voting round to close, I need to see how far I drop with Reshiram and Raikou getting knocked out lol

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna finish last and my only regret is that I started second-last so I won't have much room to have fun on the way down!

Cinderella
03-16-2022, 06:06 PM
Coming 27/36 so far.
I'm gunna say that's not bad considering I haven't even heard of a third of the pokemon, LOL

Charmander
03-16-2022, 08:25 PM
Round 4 of Voting is Open!

Sorry for the delay! We had two ties in this round in matches with Zapdos vs. Lugia and Raikou vs. Registeel. A random number generator was used to break the tie. Voting for round four will close on the evening of March 20th MST

ezekielhabermann
03-16-2022, 09:15 PM
Uh oh, looking at current votes and this might be the round I start dropping off

Oh well, we had a good run and still some opportunity to get some last round points

Lilac Tentacles
03-16-2022, 09:58 PM
Anyone else having issues submitting votes? It's not accepting mine. :(

Edit: nevermind. I hit it with a hammer

DarkSkies
03-16-2022, 10:10 PM
Anyone else having issues submitting votes? It's not accepting mine. :(

Edit: nevermind. I hit it with a hammer

I just did mine without problem. Maybe refresh?

Crossing fingers for a faith jump :grief:

Pidgey
03-16-2022, 10:42 PM
Lol I've been in last place since the start... but I'm 3rd from the bottom now x) wooooh

Lyrichord
03-16-2022, 11:15 PM
Vote's cast for round 4 - I'm shocked I'm not in last place!

hamilton
03-17-2022, 07:09 PM
Up 2 ranks from last round wooooo, amazed I'm not last given how I only voted for legendaries I recognized :o_o:

Charmander
03-20-2022, 09:03 AM
Round 4 of Voting Closes Tonight!

We getting to the end. Don't forget to get your votes in!

John Cena
03-20-2022, 09:13 AM
okay okay hear me out:

Shaymin vs. Zacian
Shaymin is cuter, he doesn't need any hedge trimming from a dog with a sword in it's mouth.
It's a fuzzy leafy hedgehog
with a FLOWER
Zacian would lop your hand off if you tried to pet it
therefore: vote shaymin

Keldeo vs. Deoxys
Keldeo is a cute lil horse
with a cute lil horn
Deoxy's is a weird tentacle-y virus thing
You can't pet deoxys
therefore: vote keldeo

I rest my case(s)

TsUNaMy WaVe
03-20-2022, 09:21 AM
It's kinda funny I'm 7th when my chosen winner got eliminated a long while ago lmao

Charmander
03-20-2022, 09:24 AM
The remainder of your choices must still be accurate and still earning you lots of points. That's the nice thing with this is that the deeper into the bracket you go your correct choices win you more points :)

Charmander
03-21-2022, 10:22 AM
Quarter-Final Round of Voting is Open!

We are down to our final 8! Voting for the Quarter-final round will close on the evening of March 25th MST

kittyray
03-21-2022, 10:32 AM
lmfao at only one of my picks remaining rip

TsUNaMy WaVe
03-21-2022, 12:38 PM
lmfao at only one of my picks remaining rip

I think that's gonna be me next round lol

Buizel
03-21-2022, 02:45 PM
Latias and Zapdos have the grace of Arceus they made it this far with their past matchups haha

John Cena
03-22-2022, 10:17 AM
My lil Shaymin and Keldeo :grief:

Ghast
03-22-2022, 01:40 PM
It finally let me submit :o_o: Cannot wait to see how this goes :D

Zapdos
03-22-2022, 07:34 PM
Latias and Zapdos have the grace of Arceus they made it this far with their past matchups haha

Lets be real, Zapdos is amazing :rolleyes:

Cinnamoroll
03-24-2022, 08:20 PM
Still in like 17th place, phew

Charmander
03-25-2022, 06:54 PM
Quarter Final Round of Voting Closes Tonight!

On to semis tomorrow. Don't forget to get your votes in!

Charmander
03-26-2022, 08:33 AM
Semi-Final Round of Voting is Open!

We are down to our final 4! As there are less votes to complete the voting period has been shortened compared to previous rounds. Voting for the Semi-Final round will close on the evening of March 28th MST

ezekielhabermann
03-26-2022, 11:33 AM
Hooboy, top of the bracket sure is highly contested, still anyone's game (even me?) Honestly just amazed I made it this far.

DarkSkies
03-27-2022, 06:50 PM
Almost forgot to vote. I'm 15th, there we go

Buizel
03-27-2022, 10:15 PM
Got my votes in!

If I may though, one thing I will say is that it seems like the results are somewhat the same as last? I know it's been said before if we vote based on stats/matchup wise, then results may be the same-ish but it seems like that can also be said by voting on a factor of cuteness. :S If I'm not mistaken, I believe Mew won last year, and this year, Mew again has made it to the semi finals probably based on this despite being in (probably) obvious matchups where'd they'd definitely lose.

I apologize if this comes off as ranting or complaining as that's not my intention! Just something I was noticing.

Zapdos
03-27-2022, 11:53 PM
Got my votes in!

If I may though, one thing I will say is that it seems like the results are somewhat the same as last? I know it's been said before if we vote based on stats/matchup wise, then results may be the same-ish but it seems like that can also be said by voting on a factor of cuteness. :S If I'm not mistaken, I believe Mew won last year, and this year, Mew again has made it to the semi finals probably based on this despite being in (probably) obvious matchups where'd they'd definitely lose.

I apologize if this comes off as ranting or complaining as that's not my intention! Just something I was noticing.

Agreed. Maybe next year we should do non-legendary matchups? Or, last year's winner gets removed from the pot next year?

John Cena
03-28-2022, 06:28 AM
It might be fun to do certain themes as well, like all electric pokemon or all grass pokemon (: I love the legendary idea, this was fun! I also agree about perhaps taking the winner of the previous out, although to be fair - Mew is was the obvious choice for winner here :o_o:

Charmander
03-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Thank you for the feedback everyone. The intent is to change up the themes every year. As for Mew making it deep again this is something that is out of my control as it is the votes of participants that determines who advances. In regards on what voting is based on ie/ actual stats, overall appeal, cuteness, preference et c this allows for more.ofnthe community to participate. If it was limited to just predictions based on stats it would limit how much participation would be seennin the community. This was they event is a bit more accessible to everyone.

It's OK to rant :) I appreciate the feedback.

TsUNaMy WaVe
03-28-2022, 02:30 PM
I wish I knew Mew won last year. My entire bracket would've been different. Should've checked lmao

Erik.
03-28-2022, 02:57 PM
I love this event regardless! Just wanted to say that ^^

Ismira
03-28-2022, 03:21 PM

Charmander
03-29-2022, 09:00 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Final Round of Voting is Open!

We are down to our final matchup Mew vs Arceus! What a final! Voting for the Final round will close on the evening of March 31st MST

TsUNaMy WaVe
03-29-2022, 09:04 AM
Oof, got knocked down to 14th place... sad
Ah well, it was fun anyway :)

Lilac Tentacles
03-29-2022, 01:23 PM
Woooo! Not dead last! I'll take it.

Abyss
03-29-2022, 01:58 PM
SWORD DOG NOOOOO

Saturnine
03-29-2022, 04:04 PM
ouch, i never had a lot of chance ever since the first rounds anyway, but got knocked to the bottom half after semis :P

John Cena
03-30-2022, 06:03 AM
Pretty proud of my 11th this year, I think everyone above me chose mew as the winner so I don't think I'll move from my spot. Can't wait to see the outcome & congrats guys!

Erik.
03-30-2022, 12:24 PM
I'm really satisfied with my 6th (7th?) place, not sure how it works, place this year :D IIRC a better score than last time!

Charmander
03-31-2022, 12:47 PM
Final Round of Voting Closes Tonight!

Let's see who will be our Lengendary Pokemon Champ! Don't forget to get your votes in!

Charmander
03-31-2022, 08:10 PM
Just a few hours left to get those votes in!

Mario2302
04-01-2022, 01:05 AM
so excited to see who will take the win.

Perhaps it's a suggestion to post a screenshot for each round in a next edition for those that couldn't enter/commit but are interested in how it is progressing?
both of the brackets but also of how the participants are doing.

Lyrichord
04-01-2022, 01:35 AM

Team Googled every Pokemon FTW! You're not the only one. :$

It's been fun watching this play out, just bummed since I couldn't decide between Mew and Mew-Two at the beginning, and at the last minute, switched. That said, big rounds of applause to all of you with your guessing skills and amazing knowledge of the characters. It's been a great watching it all play out.

PS: Every time Zapdos was in a round I felt like voting for it since I didn't want to let down our own sweet Zapdos. :)

Zenitsu
04-04-2022, 02:27 PM
Great White North

Hey there, GWN! I just wanted to apologize for pretty much missing all of the sign-ups and voting. I took a little hiatus and didn't have the time to check up on your event. I hope you can forgive me!! I hope everybody had a good time, though! :)