PDA

View Full Version : An egg just showed up, what do i do?

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:08 PM
I was scooping poop and feeding for like 20-30 or so people and all of a sudden i noticed i had an egg in my userbars.

How do you hatch the egg? (I read the guide but didn't see this in there)

What do i do with it

Lyrichord
01-17-2022, 10:10 PM
You've got your first ryu! It will automatically hatch within 30 minutes or so, or when you visit the site next. Refresh times for ryu's are at the :01 and :31, approximately. Goes for feeds and such too.

DarkSkies
01-17-2022, 10:13 PM
Ohh how exciting!! Congrats!! Now you wait for your Ryu to hatch :D

You need to take care of them because they may die if you neglect, but that's why the babysitting is so other users can help you while you're offline.

Welcome to Ryu parenthood! :o_o:

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:14 PM
Ohh how exciting!! Congrats!! Now you wait for your Ryu to hatch :D

You need to take care of them because they may die if you neglect, but that's why the babysitting is so other users can help you while you're offline.

Welcome to Ryu parenthood! :o_o:

Thanks... can you add me to your babysitting lists LOL i only usually log in every few days since the forums move kinda slow

Lyrichord
01-17-2022, 10:15 PM
Thanks... can you add me to your babysitting lists LOL i only usually log in every few days since the forums move kinda slow

I'll let Ice know too so she can update the master list. :) Congratulations in advance!

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:17 PM
I'll let Ice know too so she can update the master list. :) Congratulations in advance!

Thanks ;; i did not even intend to get one today i was feeding and scooping for another purpose :o_o:

Ice
01-17-2022, 10:20 PM
Congratulations!!! :love_heart: Honestly I'm so glad to hear confirmation that new ryus can still be generated (unless I missed someone else getting their first ryu before this whoops) after Bat left. Would have been very sad if the population was forever capped.

DarkSkies
01-17-2022, 10:21 PM

Babysitting option is in Settings > Edit profile.

There you'll see the checkbox. All the Ryus you took care recently had babysitting on, that's why you could fed them :)

The Ryus you visit and see no buttons to play are the ones with babysitting off. Normally ppl check off if they want to interact with more with their own Ryu.

The more interactions you have with your own Ryu, more scenes and paints you unlock. Just make sure to remember to put babysitting on if you're going to be offline or busied for a while so your Ryu won't suffer.

You can read the How to unlock a Ryugotchi thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) for more details ^^

Update: Oh you meant the paren list sorry I misread lol

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:22 PM
Congratulations!!! :love_heart: Honestly I'm so glad to hear confirmation that new ryus can still be generated (unless I missed someone else getting their first ryu before this whoops) after Bat left. Would have been very sad if the population was forever capped.

yoooo when i THANK a post there is an EGG next to my name too. nice.

wait its next to my name on my post too that just popped up

Ice
01-17-2022, 10:24 PM
yoooo when i THANK a post there is an EGG next to my name too. nice.

wait its next to my name on my post too that just popped up

The dancing egg is if you have the ryugotchi user group set to your visible permission group which can be customised (or changed) here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Also you've been added to the parent list; just in the Ms because there was a blank spot there sorry xD

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:27 PM
The dancing egg is if you have the ryugotchi user group set to your visible permission group which can be customised (or changed) here:

Also you've been added to the parent list; just in the Ms because there was a blank spot there sorry xD

I guess it just set me as that user group by default just now!

Zenitsu
01-17-2022, 10:28 PM
This thread is so wholesome and innocent! I love it!
The Egg next to your name is the font from the Ryugotchi userbar. :D

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:32 PM
This thread is so wholesome and innocent! I love it!
The Egg next to your name is the font from the Ryugotch userbar. :D

i scooped and fed your green blob creature

- - - Updated - - -

Wait is my thing a puppy dog now?

Zenitsu
01-17-2022, 10:33 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Omg. Thank you! Chuntaro and I appreciate you! :love_heart:

Yes! You got a little doggy. :D

Ice
01-17-2022, 10:35 PM
I guess it just set me as that user group by default just now!

Yup generally whenever you unlock a new userbar, if there is a special permission group linked to it, it will automatically become active.

Also your egg hatched! Congrats on hatching a puppy :)

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:35 PM
Omg. Thank you! Chuntaro and I appreciate you! :love_heart:

Yes! You got a little doggy. :D

Is the dog rare? I'm actually more of a cat person LOL.

Zenitsu
01-17-2022, 10:40 PM
Is the dog rare? I'm actually more of a cat person LOL.

Haha, I think the dog is a common one! Basically, if you or somebody keeps taking care of your Ryugotchi it can evolve into another pet and, later on, into a different species. Cats, birds, Fishes etc! :D
You can also stop evolutions in your settings and keep a desired pet! :)

DarkSkies
01-17-2022, 10:40 PM

- - - Updated - - -

The third evolution of your pup is that green blob creature hahaha, sorry couldn't help it xD

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:41 PM
Haha, I think the dog is a common one! Basically, if you or somebody keeps taking care of your Ryugotchi it can evolve into another pet and, later on, into a different species. Cats, birds, Fish etc! :D

How do you change species?

- - - Updated - - -

The third evolution of your pup is that green blob creature hahaha, sorry couldn't help it xD

ew......

Ice
01-17-2022, 10:42 PM
How do you change species?

- - - Updated - - -

ew......

I recommend giving this thread's first post a read - all the basics of becoming a ryu parent are covered :)

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:43 PM
I recommend giving this thread's first post a read - all the basics of becoming a ryu parent are covered :)

I have read through this one a few times but it seems very -vague- for certain things. i guess that was on purpose!

DarkSkies
01-17-2022, 10:44 PM
Oh but it's actually cool !! It's like a cerberus and color changes depending on the paints you unlock.

After reaching your last evo (if not hoping branch) your next egg will grant you a new first different species :)

I used to have a whale (my whale T_T) and now I have a little bun.

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:44 PM
Oh but it's actually cool !! It's like a cerberus and color change depending on the paints you unlock.

After reaching your last evo (if not hoping branch) your next egg will grant you a new first different species :)

I used to have a whale (my whale T_T) and now I have a little bun.

Wait you can have more than 1 animal in that little userbar? Isn't that animal cruelty LMAO

Zenitsu
01-17-2022, 10:46 PM
ew......

:sorrow:

Lyrichord
01-17-2022, 10:46 PM
Wait you can have more than 1 animal in that little userbar? Isn't that animal cruelty LMAO

If you see two in one frame, it's because both ryu owners have gained the visitor's perk and have selected for their ryus to hang out. It's one ryu at a time per owner, evolutions approx 3-4 weeks apart.

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:48 PM
If you see two in one frame, it's because both ryu owners have gained the visitor's perk and have selected for their ryus to hang out. It's one ryu at a time per owner, evolutions approx 3-4 weeks apart.

Oh. So basically when you have the 1 creature you want to hold on to, turn evolution mode off?

- - - Updated - - -

:takdir:

DarkSkies
01-17-2022, 10:50 PM

I was joking since aymo had no idea it was an evo for the pup. But I actually think your Ryu is cool :tiger: Didn't mean any hurt feelings :c

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:50 PM
I was joking since aymo had no idea it was an evo for the pup. But I actually think your Ryu is cool :tiger: Didn't mean any hurt feelings :c

The red blob is certainly blobbier than the green blob

Zenitsu
01-17-2022, 10:52 PM
:o_o: I'm just joking, guys! haha All good :love_heart: :$

Ice
01-17-2022, 10:53 PM
Oh. So basically when you have the 1 creature you want to hold on to, turn evolution mode off?

- - - Updated - - -

:takdir:

Yup, I've had evos off ever since I got my bunny haha. But yeah if you want to be a good ryu owner and ensure your ryu evolves down its branch (although since you don't want the dog line I suppose you will want to hope for a jump at your first evo) by making sure it is constantly cared for and happy!

aymo
:o_o: I'm just joking, guys! haha All good :love_heart: :$

Am i losing my mind or did your blob change colors again (?)

Zenitsu

Yesss! That's right :D

aymo
01-17-2022, 10:54 PM
Yup, I've had evos off ever since I got my bunny haha. But yeah if you want to be a good ryu owner and ensure your ryu evolves down its branch (although since you don't want the dog line I suppose you will want to hope for a jump at your first evo) by making sure it is constantly cared for and happy!

Is a jump worse than evolving down the line? Should i put the dog on a diet and not feed it so much

Zenitsu
01-17-2022, 10:59 PM
Am i losing my mind or did your blob change colors again (?)

I changed it back myself! You can unlock colors and backgrounds for your Ryugotchi and customize them. :D

Ice
01-17-2022, 11:02 PM
Is a jump worse than evolving down the line? Should i put the dog on a diet and not feed it so much

it's not worse per se depending on what your intent is (if you don't want a dog ofc) but for everything there is an element of randomness so definitely don't let your ryu die completely either LOL

DarkSkies
01-17-2022, 11:07 PM
it's not worse per se depending on what your intent is (if you don't want a dog ofc) but for everything there is an element of randomness so definitely don't let your ryu die completely either LOL

Wait, so you don't like the jackalope? Tbh I thought the plant was yours lol

Ice
01-17-2022, 11:10 PM
Wait, so you don't like the jackalope? Tbh I thought the plant was yours lol

EXCUSE ME

HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED AT MY SIG

CREAM (1.0 and 2.0) IS A BUNNY AND A BUNNY ONLY :o_o:

but yes the 2nd evo stage of the bunny is my fav (yes I'm boring) and on it Cream shall stay!

Lyrichord
01-17-2022, 11:11 PM
The concept I think is that if one doesn't take care of their own/others ryus enough, their ryu will at some point lose its ability to reach the third evolution of a branch.

These things are based on luck, which is built by taking care of ryus. It's not too hard to get the 5 stars filled up with such a big ryu family on site. :)

DarkSkies
01-17-2022, 11:16 PM
EXCUSE ME

HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED AT MY SIG

CREAM (1.0 and 2.0) IS A BUNNY AND A BUNNY ONLY :o_o:

but yes the 2nd evo stage of the bunny is my fav (yes I'm boring) and on it Cream shall stay!

I have looked at it before but my memory fails lol

But I can't blame you, buns are very cute xD