PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Monitor

CattHead
01-07-2022, 01:55 AM
In the market for a new gaming monitor. I plan on getting two monitors so would ideally like to spend below $1000 for both. I'm looking at G sync monitors to pair with my NVIDIA 3080ti and nothing below 120 Hz, specifically. 1080p or higher although I have been leaning more towards 2k/4k. I want a monitor that can pivot vertically. I do not want a curved monitor. Looking for any good suggestions on brands/models and what others are currently using/like. I've mainly been looking at Asus, LG, BenQ, Viotek. I will not lie I am a complete noob when it comes to knowledge on 'decent-good' brands of gaming monitors. Any help or suggestions is appreciated! Hope the information I provided helps. Appreciate any help, thanks!!

Hikimaru
01-20-2022, 07:51 AM
I live in another country so I don't know about prices on yours, but I use a Dell S2719DGF and it's pretty good (27", 1440p, 155Hz). Can't go back to 1080p when you try 2k! It has FreeSync instead of GSync, but that's not a issue for me since Nvidia works with FreeSync (I have a RTX 3070). However if you want GSync you can go with Dell S2721DGF, as it has GSync, IPS panel (much better than my TN) and 165Hz. I did a quick search and found it for $450.

Most people say BenQ has the best gaming monitors, but I've never had one since they're much more expensive than Dell/LG/etc. monitors (at least where I live). That's probably true though as they're the monitors used in most competitive FPS games.

Young
01-20-2022, 12:33 PM
I’d definitely buy ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q 28” HDR Gaming Monitor 4K it’s about 350 usd very nice and 4K