PDA

View Full Version : Need Recommendations!

Cinnamoroll
12-22-2021, 12:53 AM
I posted this before but it was legit… in like 2015 and I don’t want to grave dig and need fresh ideas.

I love shoujo “girly/feminine/romance/slice of life” anime, and I'm looking for suggestions. Some of my past favourites: Sailor Moon, NANA, Paradise Kiss, Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket, Ao Haru Ride. I’ve also started Your Lie in April (lost track for a bit but still I started it, which for me is different than what I normally go to) and I also LOVED Your Name oh god that broke me.

Anyways, yeah, give me ideas :o_o:

Buizel
12-22-2021, 01:13 AM
Ohh, maybe Komi Can't Communicate or Nisekoi? :) I just got into the former myself, but it's very cute and still ongoing! I re-read Nisekoi often since it's completed and I'm a sucker for romance/slice of life mangas too :peaceful:

Cat Purrson
12-22-2021, 01:23 AM
I recommend Toradora!, Lovely Complex, Kiki ni Todoke and Say I love you

Cinnamoroll
12-22-2021, 01:31 AM
Brittany oh yes I have heard of them both briefly! I’ll have to check them out
Cat Purrson OMG KIMI NI TODOKE I READ THE MANGA!!! I forgot about that one. Loveddddd it. Thank you for the ideas! I’ll definitely take a look in the morning :rolleyes:

Synth Salazzle
12-22-2021, 01:35 AM
Dragon maid is my personal favourite.

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-22-2021, 04:52 AM
I don't know if that was the one you mentioned, but recently Fruits Basket got a reboot with like 3 seasons that follow the manga closely! I didn't get to watch it myself yet but I heard it's really good!
Another good recommendation I have for you is "Aoharu x Kikanju"! It's on the lesser known side but according to what you say you'd like I think you'll really have fun with this one!

Alister
12-22-2021, 09:45 AM
I really love Peach Girl in this genre! I liked it so much I've kept up with the manga and the its sequel. I haven't seen it personally but I hear My Love Story! is great too.

Hollow
12-22-2021, 11:53 AM
If you haven't seen it yet, then Inuyasha? I know it's sorta actiony/shounnen but it's got the romance in it between Kagome and Inuyasha! Noragami has an element of crush/romance but it's still very shounneny.

If you want the feels with the romance then there's an anime movie called "Your Name" beautifully animated, beautiful movie. Highly recommend if you haven't seen it yet!

And if you really want to get hit in the feels then there's also "A Silent Voice". This one is sorta emotional!

Cinnamoroll
12-22-2021, 04:42 PM
TsUNaMy WaVe yes, I have seen the OG and the reboot! I really enjoy them both
Alister never heard of them (I don't think!?) so I will give them a try for sure!
Hollow yes, I have seen Your Name (see my first post ;) ) and I have also seen A Silent Voice. I bawled like a baby watching them both. I also grew up watching Inuyasha. I liked it, but didn't love it because it is more shonen!

Mikal
12-22-2021, 04:53 PM
If you were looking at older anime, I recommended Hatsukoi Limited to my wife and she enjoyed it when she had that romance genre itch

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Another enjoyable one would be Princess Jellyfish

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Hollow
12-22-2021, 08:12 PM
TsUNaMy WaVe yes, I have seen the OG and the reboot! I really enjoy them both
Alister never heard of them (I don't think!?) so I will give them a try for sure!
Hollow yes, I have seen Your Name (see my first post ;) ) and I have also seen A Silent Voice. I bawled like a baby watching them both. I also grew up watching Inuyasha. I liked it, but didn't love it because it is more shonen!

Ah good point! I must have missed that xD ME TOO I CRIED SO HARD WHEN I WATCHED A SILENT VOICE D:

Koto
12-30-2021, 03:41 PM
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Kimi ni Todoke are some of my fave older(ish) shojo anime (although I must confess that I'm not really into the genre much in general).

A shojo-esque but not thematically shojo anime that I ADORE is Natsume Yuujinchou - it's got soft elements, beautiful art, amazing relationships and character dynamics.

Another I'd recommend that isn't STRICTLY shojo but is another fave is Hyouka! The visuals are AMAZING (as it's a kyoani anime) and it's a lovely one-season anime.

Painwheel
01-01-2022, 12:41 PM

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen. For me, it's a must to watch! Comedy, slice of life, psychological, romance and a good story progression :$ It's a seinen! I died from laughter in this one.

Cinnamoroll
01-02-2022, 02:57 PM
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Kimi ni Todoke are some of my fave older(ish) shojo anime (although I must confess that I'm not really into the genre much in general).

A shojo-esque but not thematically shojo anime that I ADORE is Natsume Yuujinchou - it's got soft elements, beautiful art, amazing relationships and character dynamics.

Another I'd recommend that isn't STRICTLY shojo but is another fave is Hyouka! The visuals are AMAZING (as it's a kyoani anime) and it's a lovely one-season anime.

I’ll definitely have to give this a try and see! Thank you!