PDA

View Full Version : Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War coming in October 2022!

Hollow
12-18-2021, 07:07 AM
YOU GUYS.

I am PUMPED for this! I've been waiting years for the return of the Bleach anime!

New trailer just dropped today, check it out:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

For anyone that read the manga all the way to the final arc, what do you all think of this?

Thoughts?

I'm so excited! Bring on October!

Aero
02-28-2022, 08:20 AM
I saw this trailer back on Reddit when it came out I think but gah I don't know what to think. It looks so slick, but the last arc was a MESS. Maybe the anime can fix some of the issues..? That said, I've been meaning to do a re-read of Bleach up to Fake Karakura Town, which I maintain as the One True EndingTM.

OTOH I look forward to seeing the memes about Chad x ground OTP being revived...

Hollow
02-28-2022, 03:16 PM
I saw this trailer back on Reddit when it came out I think but gah I don't know what to think. It looks so slick, but the last arc was a MESS. Maybe the anime can fix some of the issues..? That said, I've been meaning to do a re-read of Bleach up to Fake Karakura Town, which I maintain as the One True EndingTM.

OTOH I look forward to seeing the memes about Chad x ground OTP being revived...

Oh man I did a recent re-read not that long ago (and rewatch of the anime) and man the SS arc is still my favourite! I agree that I think it should have ended at the end of the fake Karakura town arc, or at the full bring arc. I'm still salty about ichiruki not happening though. I'll never let that down ;n;

Wait, people actually did that ship? xD I also can't wait to see the Unohana vs Kenpachi fight, that's gonna be amazing!

Aero
03-01-2022, 03:36 AM
Oh man I did a recent re-read not that long ago (and rewatch of the anime) and man the SS arc is still my favourite! I agree that I think it should have ended at the end of the fake Karakura town arc, or at the full bring arc. I'm still salty about ichiruki not happening though. I'll never let that down ;n;

Wait, people actually did that ship? xD I also can't wait to see the Unohana vs Kenpachi fight, that's gonna be amazing!

Soul Society arc is top tier! Honestly so good I reread it back when Bleach ended, which I guess was a while ago now (how time flies). Bleach was my first anime growing up and I watched ALL of the numerous filler arcs up through Hueco Mundo without knowing what a filler arc was (and enjoying them hahaha). I also clearly remember watching the episodes on Youtube before YT got bought and it was all taken down.

I was okay about the ships at the end, but I haven't bothered to read any of the bonus chapters covering their kids. I don't like Boruto stuff and ngl even though Ichihime was okay, I found Renruki kind of meh since I didn't see ANY feelings for Renji from Rukia lollll

Unohana vs Kenny will be hype! I'm still mad about Bromamura just randomly turning himself into a dog bc anger... felt like that went back on his character arc...

And yes! Chad x ground was memed literally every week when the chapters were still coming out- it was hilarious and honestly horrible for how Chad was treated! But then again no one really did anything substantial unless they were a clear Kubo/fan favourite or the MC.

Hollow
03-01-2022, 05:23 AM
Soul Society arc is top tier! Honestly so good I reread it back when Bleach ended, which I guess was a while ago now (how time flies). Bleach was my first anime growing up and I watched ALL of the numerous filler arcs up through Hueco Mundo without knowing what a filler arc was (and enjoying them hahaha). I also clearly remember watching the episodes on Youtube before YT got bought and it was all taken down.

I was okay about the ships at the end, but I haven't bothered to read any of the bonus chapters covering their kids. I don't like Boruto stuff and ngl even though Ichihime was okay, I found Renruki kind of meh since I didn't see ANY feelings for Renji from Rukia lollll

Unohana vs Kenny will be hype! I'm still mad about Bromamura just randomly turning himself into a dog bc anger... felt like that went back on his character arc...

And yes! Chad x ground was memed literally every week when the chapters were still coming out- it was hilarious and honestly horrible for how Chad was treated! But then again no one really did anything substantial unless they were a clear Kubo/fan favourite or the MC.

YES! SS ARC WAS AMAZING.I actually really enjoyed the Zanpakutou killer arc, the only filler I really liked, I always skipped the Bount arc when I rewatched the anime though xD

Will forever be salty about ichuruki not being cannon. They had soooo much in common and were soooo close D: When Kubo drew them both he always had them with opposite designs - their Zanpakutous, black and white :0 Orihime's love felt very one sided, with her constant "Kurosaki-Kuns" and so I didn't see a lot of development between the two. Renruki I can sorta get based on their history, but I still couldn't see anything more than good friends between them I never finished Naruto, I stopped after the Sasuke vs Itatchi fight, but I've heard how badly Boruto flopped :0

I do hope things will be filled out in the plot though, something seemed rushed and somethings felt missing, I really want them to focus on how White is actually the real Zanpakutou :0 he really wasn't kidding around when he said he was actually Zangestu in volume 25!

I also knew that there was something off about Unohana this entire time xD I knew she was a monster! I just hate how easily she got killed off

Aero
03-01-2022, 06:41 AM
YES! SS ARC WAS AMAZING.I actually really enjoyed the Zanpakutou killer arc, the only filler I really liked, I always skipped the Bount arc when I rewatched the anime though xD

Will forever be salty about ichuruki not being cannon. They had soooo much in common and were soooo close D: When Kubo drew them both he always had them with opposite designs - their Zanpakutous, black and white :0 Orihime's love felt very one sided, with her constant "Kurosaki-Kuns" and so I didn't see a lot of development between the two. Renruki I can sorta get based on their history, but I still couldn't see anything more than good friends between them I never finished Naruto, I stopped after the Sasuke vs Itatchi fight, but I've heard how badly Boruto flopped :0

I do hope things will be filled out in the plot though, something seemed rushed and somethings felt missing, I really want them to focus on how White is actually the real Zanpakutou :0 he really wasn't kidding around when he said he was actually Zangestu in volume 25!

I also knew that there was something off about Unohana this entire time xD I knew she was a monster! I just hate how easily she got killed off

For some reason I remember the bad guys for the Bount arc, but I can't remember what actually happened. But my brain is telling me it was quite similar to the Fullbring arc that was canon? Omg why were there so many powers HAHA. I kind of wish Kubo had just skipped from Hueco Mundo/FKT to TYBW because the Quincy-Shinigami conflict was introduced so early in the series and would have made a great payoff if it had been fleshed out! So much happened so quickly

Like the Kenpachis fight like you said. Also Ukitake's sacrifice, the SK stuff, etc. I cant even remember the zanpakutou point you mentioned! It all went by so quickly, and I was a weekly reader, which was probably even worse for keeping up with the plot that *was* given to us.

I feel like the lore was there but the storytelling was suboptimal, so it would be great to see these things fixed! Apparently there are extra books that pad things out and give us a look into where characters are later, but I didn't follow much after!

Hollow
03-01-2022, 07:00 AM
For some reason I remember the bad guys for the Bount arc, but I can't remember what actually happened. But my brain is telling me it was quite similar to the Fullbring arc that was canon? Omg why were there so many powers HAHA. I kind of wish Kubo had just skipped from Hueco Mundo/FKT to TYBW because the Quincy-Shinigami conflict was introduced so early in the series and would have made a great payoff if it had been fleshed out! So much happened so quickly

Like the Kenpachis fight like you said. Also Ukitake's sacrifice, the SK stuff, etc. I cant even remember the zanpakutou point you mentioned! It all went by so quickly, and I was a weekly reader, which was probably even worse for keeping up with the plot that *was* given to us.

I feel like the lore was there but the storytelling was suboptimal, so it would be great to see these things fixed! Apparently there are extra books that pad things out and give us a look into where characters are later, but I didn't follow much after!

I tend to purposely forget the bount arc xD The full bring arc felt very slice of life too, like it was so chill until the end - which almost felt like a physiological horror movie for Ichigo xD

Oh man yeah, so like did Ukitake die...? He did did't he? What happened to Urahara and Yoruichi in the end? I know there was a lot of foreshadowing in the beginning of the manga about Ukitake, and White actually being Zangestu. I think Kubo was rushed at the end of the arc because of disagreements with Shounen Jump, as well as him being sick a lot too. It ended so abruptly D:

Cat Purrson
03-01-2022, 01:24 PM
I'm sad to say I've never seen Bleach but maybe I should start?? >.<

Aero
03-02-2022, 04:38 AM
I tend to purposely forget the bount arc xD The full bring arc felt very slice of life too, like it was so chill until the end - which almost felt like a physiological horror movie for Ichigo xD

Oh man yeah, so like did Ukitake die...? He did did't he? What happened to Urahara and Yoruichi in the end? I know there was a lot of foreshadowing in the beginning of the manga about Ukitake, and White actually being Zangestu. I think Kubo was rushed at the end of the arc because of disagreements with Shounen Jump, as well as him being sick a lot too. It ended so abruptly D:

Ok I think I said the wrong thing before HAHA there were too many plot points! I think Ukitake sacrificed himself to protect the Soul King because SS was falling apart. But iirc it didn't do anything... because Ywhach basically played a reverse uno right after. I have to reread the White-Zangetsu stuff it's kind of coming back to me! I remember something like this happening and old man Zangetsu had some connection with Ywhach?

And yeah I did hear Kubo was sick, and honestly the manga schedule seems BRUTAL for mangaka!

- - - Updated - - -

If you watch it I'd recommend checking which arcs are filler and skipping them, and stopping at the end of the Fake Karakura Town arc (FKT) to see if the last season that's coming out fixes things and makes the whole show more satisfying than stopping at FKT, which makes for a really satisfying end in itself.

Hollow
03-02-2022, 05:34 AM
Ok I think I said the wrong thing before HAHA there were too many plot points! I think Ukitake sacrificed himself to protect the Soul King because SS was falling apart. But iirc it didn't do anything... because Ywhach basically played a reverse uno right after. I have to reread the White-Zangetsu stuff it's kind of coming back to me! I remember something like this happening and old man Zangetsu had some connection with Ywhach?

And yeah I did hear Kubo was sick, and honestly the manga schedule seems BRUTAL for mangaka!

- - - Updated - - -

If you watch it I'd recommend checking which arcs are filler and skipping them, and stopping at the end of the Fake Karakura Town arc (FKT) to see if the last season that's coming out fixes things and makes the whole show more satisfying than stopping at FKT, which makes for a really satisfying end in itself.

Yesss I agree wayyyyy too many plot points! I think a lot was going on that at some points I found it hard to follow

- - - Updated - - -

I highly recommend watching it! It is a long series, but if you do watch it now you'll be just in time to pick up the return of the anime! There is also list a filler arcs you can find that will tell you which are plot and which are filler, then you can just skip all the filler :)

Filler/plot list here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Cat Purrson
03-02-2022, 12:59 PM
Alright thanks guys I'll start watching it today!

Hollow
03-02-2022, 07:01 PM
Alright thanks guys I'll start watching it today!

Yesss! Enjoy it! :D

Lyrichord
03-04-2022, 03:03 PM
OMWord this brings back a whole slew of memories, watching this at 5 am on the family computer before anyone else woke up.

The last few arks though, no offense, but I felt dumber after reading them. Wasn't there some crazy zombie thing?

Hopefully this will put the critical pieces together because once Ichigo's like 3rd internal component is revealed, the manga lost me.

Hollow
03-05-2022, 06:42 AM
OMWord this brings back a whole slew of memories, watching this at 5 am on the family computer before anyone else woke up.

The last few arks though, no offense, but I felt dumber after reading them. Wasn't there some crazy zombie thing?

Hopefully this will put the critical pieces together because once Ichigo's like 3rd internal component is revealed, the manga lost me.

Right?! I used to wait every week, at the end of a school day, rush to my computer and read the latest chapter, then I'd do the same for the anime. It was like a weekly ritual for me xD

Yeah I believe there was a Quincy that would raise people from the dead? Then Mayuri would insert a piece of hollow/hollowfy the Shinigami that were "undead" so that it counteracts it? I actually can't remember that part too well so I'm probably wrong here xD The final arc was rushed to oblivion though and that's probab;y due to a multitude of issues with Kubo and Shounen Jump D:

I agree I was lost on certain parts though

Fogged
03-15-2022, 09:25 AM
I really wanna see the anime version of Kyoraku's and Urahara's bankai

Buizel
03-15-2022, 01:38 PM
I hope they take the time to explain Unohana's bankai too because it really didn't make too much sense/effect the battle too much in the manga.

Hollow
03-15-2022, 02:25 PM
I hope they take the time to explain Unohana's bankai too because it really didn't make too much sense/effect the battle too much in the manga.

YES. I literally don't know what her bankai does? It looked freaky as heck though. Her entire character is creepy - I always knew that deep down she was an OP monster xD

- - - Updated - - -

I really wanna see the anime version of Kyoraku's and Urahara's bankai

Me too! I can't wait to see them both animated, judging on the way the animation looked in the trailer, I'm sure it's going to be awesome

Kibba
05-31-2022, 10:37 PM
The trailer got updated with every character voice dub YASSSS

flowerbeans
05-31-2022, 11:01 PM
Wow I am stoked.

I stopped watching after Aizen got defeated.

Will definitely be watching it!!! :o_o:

Kibba
07-04-2022, 10:19 AM
Hollow

New Trailer DROPPED! :o_o:

Hollow
07-04-2022, 12:34 PM
Hollow

New Trailer DROPPED! :o_o:

You beat me to it! Was going to post it here :D I AM SO EXCITED! ARE YOU EXCITED?! What do you think of the animation/artwork? Quality looks superb, I only hope they keep up with this caliber of quality for the entire season.

Kibba
07-04-2022, 12:55 PM
You beat me to it! Was going to post it here :D I AM SO EXCITED! ARE YOU EXCITED?! What do you think of the animation/artwork? Quality looks superb, I only hope they keep up with this caliber of quality for the entire season.

Of course I'm excited!

I NEED BANKAI CONTENT and this arc is gonna give me more than what I want. The animation looks perfect. I hope they show us that waiting so long was worth it.

I'm really really really looking forward to this anime finale :smilet-digitalpoint

Hollow
07-04-2022, 01:26 PM
Of course I'm excited!

I NEED BANKAI CONTENT and this arc is gonna give me more than what I want. The animation looks perfect. I hope they show us that waiting so long was worth it.

I'm really really really looking forward to this anime finale :smilet-digitalpoint

Holy moly yes to bankai content! Do you think that the anime will fill in any plotholes Kubo sort of left in the manga? I feel like the anime may be able to do that since Kubo ended up rushing it by the end of the manga. I personally can't wait to see more Aizen and that scene with Ichigo's zanpakutou reveal! I loved that twist sooo much White/Hollow Ichigo really wasn't messing around when he said that he was actually Zangetsu in the vizard arc! Also super excited to see Unohana vs Kenpachi animated. This is actually going to be lit!

Kibba
07-04-2022, 02:49 PM
Holy moly yes to bankai content! Do you think that the anime will fill in any plotholes Kubo sort of left in the manga? I feel like the anime may be able to do that since Kubo ended up rushing it by the end of the manga. I personally can't wait to see more Aizen and that scene with Ichigo's zanpakutou reveal! I loved that twist sooo much White/Hollow Ichigo really wasn't messing around when he said that he was actually Zangetsu in the vizard arc! Also super excited to see Unohana vs Kenpachi animated. This is actually going to be lit!

EXACTLY the fight I'm most excited for :o_o:

Hollow
07-04-2022, 02:59 PM
EXACTLY the fight I'm most excited for :o_o:

So much to look forward to. It's great to finally see Bleach be revived again, so much excitement has grown! My love for this series knows no bounds!

Kibba
07-04-2022, 03:18 PM
So much to look forward to. It's great to finally see Bleach be revived again, so much excitement has grown! My love for this series knows no bounds!

We need to see this moment animated. GOD

Hollow
07-04-2022, 03:22 PM

We need to see this moment animated. GOD

OMG YES. That and also this:

That fight was insane, like the quincy he was fighting was so OP! what exactly happened to Urahara and Yoruichi after that fight? like we just never see them again?

Kibba
07-04-2022, 05:23 PM
OMG YES. That and also this:

That fight was insane, like the quincy he was fighting was so OP! what exactly happened to Urahara and Yoruichi after that fight? like we just never see them again?

PERIODT!

Um, I think the creator wanted us to believe they were too much for us.
Did you see the latest manga chapter that was released like, last month? It was with Igicho's son

Hollow
07-05-2022, 01:23 AM
PERIODT!

Um, I think the creator wanted us to believe they were too much for us.
Did you see the latest manga chapter that was released like, last month? It was with Igicho's son

Yes I did!

It's sort of interesting, I think this is where Kubo wants to explore Hell in Bleach. All high powered/captain level shinigami go to hell?! Like did you see the bit where Ukitake's zanpakuto comes out of the entrance of Hell?! and what's Ichigo's son got to do with it all? Sooooo many questions!

Unown
07-05-2022, 05:52 AM
I've stopped watching Bleach ever since the Arrancar/Vaizard arc but I'm so excited for the new movie. Do you think I have to watch to understand what happens in this new movie?

Kibba
07-05-2022, 08:33 AM
I've stopped watching Bleach ever since the Arrancar/Vaizard arc but I'm so excited for the new movie. Do you think I have to watch to understand what happens in this new movie?

I think you should Definitely keep watching the anime and keep up with the last arc aired, TRUST ME, It's REALLY REALLY GOOD. You won't be disappointed.
And this last arc that is about to come out is gonna be NUTS! I'm telling ya'

IDK if you have to watch everything to watch the movie but it definitely will give you more background and knowledge beforehand

Unown
07-05-2022, 11:54 PM
I think you should Definitely keep watching the anime and keep up with the last arc aired, TRUST ME, It's REALLY REALLY GOOD. You won't be disappointed.
And this last arc that is about to come out is gonna be NUTS! I'm telling ya'

IDK if you have to watch everything to watch the movie but it definitely will give you more background and knowledge beforehand

Oh you're kidding?

I found the Vaizard/Arrancar arc suuuuuper draggy thus I stopped. I guess I'll have to continue (or start from the beginning since it's been years. I thoroughly enjoyed the beginning storyline where Ichigo saved Rukia)

Thanks for the info!!

Kibba
07-06-2022, 01:53 AM
Oh you're kidding?

I found the Vaizard/Arrancar arc suuuuuper draggy thus I stopped. I guess I'll have to continue (or start from the beginning since it's been years. I thoroughly enjoyed the beginning storyline where Ichigo saved Rukia)

Thanks for the info!!

If you're watching again or catch up, make sure you search ''Bleach Filler List'' so you can skip filler episodes that are not canon, it helps me with every anime so I won't waste my time with those extra episodes

angeldust
07-10-2022, 12:08 PM
godDAMN i am pumped to see my girl animated!

also this part animated: (HUGE spoilers!!! don't look unless u've read the manga)

Hollow
07-10-2022, 12:39 PM
godDAMN i am pumped to see my girl animated!

also this part animated: (HUGE spoilers!!! don't look unless u've read the manga)

OH THAT IS THE FIGHT I'M WAITING FOR! That fight almost had me in tears, Byakuya is one of my faves, I was so socked to see him almost killed off like that. I also can't wait to see when Rukia steps in and shows off her bankai! It's going to be chilling.

angeldust
07-10-2022, 12:48 PM
OH THAT IS THE FIGHT I'M WAITING FOR! That fight almost had me in tears, Byakuya is one of my faves, I was so socked to see him almost killed off like that. I also can't wait to see when Rukia steps in and shows off her bankai! It's going to be chilling.

IKR? IT TERRIFIEED ME. esp. since byakuya is one of the strongest shinigami!!! but omg to see as nodt animated also, esp. his ultimate ability... i can't wait.

Hollow
07-10-2022, 12:49 PM
IKR? IT TERRIFIEED ME. esp. since byakuya is one of the strongest shinigami!!! but omg to see as nodt animated also, esp. his ultimate ability... i can't wait.

I actually can not wait to hear what sort of voice acting As Nodt is going to have. I imagine something terrifying, no doubt!

angeldust
07-10-2022, 12:51 PM
I actually can not wait to hear what sort of voice acting As Nodt is going to have. I imagine something terrifying, no doubt!

if his dub and sub voices aren't deep, threatening, and creepy, i don't want it

Hollow
07-10-2022, 12:54 PM
if his dub and sub voices aren't deep, threatening, and creepy, i don't want it

YES. That's how I imagine it as well. Almost like a rumbling deep creepy and menacing voice. Almost bone chilling to the core!

Kibba
08-12-2022, 10:22 AM
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War Shares First Character Designs!

New character designs from some old favorites along with new villains that will arrive in Bleach's anime adaptation
made their way online earlier, giving fans an idea of the opponents that Ichigo and his friends will be facing this
October when the Thousand Year Blood War Arc hits the small screen:

Hollow
08-12-2022, 11:25 AM
Bleach is apparently coming to Disney+ as well! I heard that Crunchyroll dropped it?! I JUST HOPE THAT THEY DON'T CENSOR IT!

Kibba
08-12-2022, 12:13 PM
Bleach is apparently coming to Disney+ as well! I heard that Crunchyroll dropped it?! I JUST HOPE THAT THEY DON'T CENSOR IT!

Oh! I just read about this :o

But chances are low because they already have plenty of graphic series on Disney+
HOPEFULLY they don't cuz Imma be pissed!

Hollow
08-12-2022, 12:20 PM
Oh! I just read about this :o

But chances are low because they already have plenty of graphic series on Disney+
HOPEFULLY they don't cuz Imma be pissed!

Right?! I just hope Kubo has all the freedom needed to get the anime right and as close to his vision! I know he had a lot of restrictions and time constraints with the manga, and that he did't get to put in everything he wanted in it (the manga was meant to go on for another 10 years apparently!)

Aero
08-15-2022, 12:00 PM

I hope they do a weekly release that's decently up to the JP release. I don't really like the model that NFLX does with its animes (to drop the whole season at once?). I did watch Falcon & the Winter Soldier and that was weekly, so I suppose there's a good chance and now I don't remember why I started with this comment... there was a reason...

Hollow
08-15-2022, 12:03 PM
I hope they do a weekly release that's decently up to the JP release. I don't really like the model that NFLX does with its animes (to drop the whole season at once?). I did watch Falcon & the Winter Soldier and that was weekly, so I suppose there's a good chance and now I don't remember why I started with this comment... there was a reason...

I hope so too! I'd have something to look forward to every week :D If they did it in one go I think I'd end up bingeing it in a night lmao

Kibba
09-13-2022, 09:28 AM
YA'LL!!!

Trailer 2 just dropped :o_o:

Premiere is October 10th!

pillowfighter
09-17-2022, 12:45 AM
So very excited! The fall anime lineup is too powerful.

Lyrichord
09-17-2022, 01:02 AM
Does this have a parallel in the manga? It's been so long since I read it, but it does ring a bell. The GFX looks incredible. :o_o:

Hollow
09-17-2022, 02:06 AM
Does this have a parallel in the manga? It's been so long since I read it, but it does ring a bell. The GFX looks incredible. :o_o:

Yup! It does! Makes me wonder if they're going to add more plot and content to the anime though, from my understanding the original creator (Kubo Tite) wanted to add more to the manga, and even planned to have the entire manga span up to 10 years! So hopefully we get more stuff in thee anime :D

Kibba
10-06-2022, 11:49 AM
-4 days for the release!

Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War to premiere on Hulu and Disney+ next Monday, October 10th and it's gonna be one episode per week.

What remains unknown is what will happen with the previous seasons of Bleach for the people that has never watched the anime before. Will they also arrive at these streaming platforms?

Viz Media announced that the series will consist of 4 seasons, each of which will have between 10 and 14 episodes (with a weekly broadcast of three to four months per season).

In total, the series will be between 40 and 52 episodes that could be extended until 2023 or 2024 depending on the break between seasons. It looks like we are going to see little filler
in Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War, as it will be about adapting the last 218 chapters of Tite Kubo's manga (from 480 to 698) in approximately 50 episodes. Sounds good. Maybe even too much…

Buizel
10-06-2022, 12:06 PM
Hollow how we feeling??? I'm debating letting the whole season air so I can watch it all at once but I'm conflicted lol

Hollow
10-06-2022, 12:30 PM
Hollow how we feeling??? I'm debating letting the whole season air so I can watch it all at once but I'm conflicted lol

I'm going to binge through it x'D I don't think I can wait for the entire season to air! This will feel like old times, waiting every week for a new episode xD I'M EXCITED!

Hollow
10-10-2022, 03:44 PM
BLEACH IS NOW LIVE ON DISNEY+ I REPEAT BLEACH IS NOW LIVE ON DISNEY+

THIS IS NOT A DRILL YALL!

I'm going to watch this and I will update you soon after!

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

CAN CONFIRM.

It was bloody amazing. Everyone go and watch it! The animation is beautiful! The OST! THE NOSTALGIA! Ahhhhh ;u;

Unown
10-10-2022, 11:03 PM

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

CAN CONFIRM.

It was bloody amazing. Everyone go and watch it! The animation is beautiful! The OST! THE NOSTALGIA! Ahhhhh ;u;

Omg which country are you in T.T

It's not available here where I am

Kibba
10-11-2022, 12:35 PM

CAN CONFIRM.

YES! It's a BLOODY start of the season and I AM LIVING FOR IT!

I will be watching weekly, cannot wait for it to binge watch it lol
I just LOVE IT! Now I wan't to rewatch the whole anime for the 3rd time hahaha

Hollow
10-11-2022, 03:28 PM
Omg which country are you in T.T

It's not available here where I am

I'm in England! I know it's not available in every country yet though D:

- - - Updated - - -

YES! It's a BLOODY start of the season and I AM LIVING FOR IT!

I will be watching weekly, cannot wait for it to binge watch it lol
I just LOVE IT! Now I wan't to rewatch the whole anime for the 3rd time hahaha

RIGHT?! THIS FEELS LIKE OLD TIMES FOR ME! The nostalgia is real ;u; I used to wait every week for a new episode of Bleach to air! I'm reliving my teenage years again ;u;

Hollow
10-19-2022, 06:06 AM
Soooo did anyone watch the first two episodes yet? ;u; I really want to geek out here! It looks all too pretty and the animation is so smooth ;u;

Kibba
10-19-2022, 10:50 AM
Soooo did anyone watch the first two episodes yet? ;u; I really want to geek out here! It looks all too pretty and the animation is so smooth ;u;

I Haveeee!

I really want to watch the whole thing, It looks so damn GOOD and the music, the blood, everything was worth the 10 year wait

It is a burden to have to wait a week to watch hahahaha still worth it but damn!

Also, since the manga ended so long ago, I can have glimpses of what's gonna happen but can't really remember so it's even more exciting!!! :o_o:

Hollow
10-19-2022, 11:05 AM
I Haveeee!

I really want to watch the whole thing, It looks so damn GOOD and the music, the blood, everything was worth the 10 year wait

It is a burden to have to wait a week to watch hahahaha still worth it but damn!

Also, since the manga ended so long ago, I can have glimpses of what's gonna happen but can't really remember so it's even more exciting!!! :o_o:

OMG yes! Kubo certainly did not hold back when he was working on the manga when it came to the blood/violence! It's going to be pretty brutal to see animated :0 Waiting each week is painful though yes xD Takes me back to when I was a teen waiting for the anime each week xD

Kibba
12-08-2022, 10:25 AM
Hollow
Are you having the best time of your life watching this new season?

I get so excited every monday I feel like I'm watching a movie, the quality, music and everything is SOOOOO DAMMMMN GOODDDDDD!
Like, I even watched some episodes twice and out of that I'm rewatching the original anime, right now, I'm in the Aizen transforming arc

Hollow
12-08-2022, 03:03 PM
Hollow
Are you having the best time of your life watching this new season?

I get so excited every monday I feel like I'm watching a movie, the quality, music and everything is SOOOOO DAMMMMN GOODDDDDD!
Like, I even watched some episodes twice and out of that I'm rewatching the original anime, right now, I'm in the Aizen transforming arc

HECKING YES I AM!

I've been eagerly waiting every Monday for a new episode. So far it has not disappointed at all. I agree, the music and quality of work put into this is sooooooo good! Lmao Aizen has slowly started to grow on me, used to think he was a mega troll through out the entire series, until Tsukishima showed up in the Fullbring arc xD

Kibba
01-10-2023, 10:23 AM

Trailer for part 2 got me HYPED AF!

Loved where they decided to end this first part of the last arc, I'm so excited for what's coming next!

Unown
01-10-2023, 10:25 AM

Trailer for part 2 got me HYPED AF!

Loved where they decided to end this first part of the last arc, I'm so excited for what's coming next!

T.T

Unown
01-12-2023, 01:27 PM
So in order to get myself pumped and up-to-date for TYBW, I re-watched the entire canon Bleach in 2 months. Then finished TYBW in 1 day.

And now I just feel so lost waiting for July ):

Kibba
01-12-2023, 02:46 PM
So in order to get myself pumped and up-to-date for TYBW, I re-watched the entire canon Bleach in 2 months. Then finished TYBW in 1 day.

And now I just feel so lost waiting for July ):

I rewatched as well, and then rewatched TYBW again haha!

Bleach is just my favorite!

Hollow
01-12-2023, 04:14 PM
I don't know what I'm going to do from now up until July :( The wait is too much! TYBW was animated beautifully.

Lyrichord
01-28-2023, 12:31 AM
I'm thinking about watching this afterall. Do you recommend watching the original first? Are there any arcs that can be skipped?

Also where does one watch anime nowadays? It's been a while for me!

Unown
01-28-2023, 05:53 AM
I'm thinking about watching this afterall. Do you recommend watching the original first? Are there any arcs that can be skipped?

Also where does one watch anime nowadays? It's been a while for me!

Do it.

In preparation for TYBW, I re-watched everything from the start.

I followed this guide to remove filler episodes and arcs.

Edit: Regarding where to watch.. I'm sure you can find certain sites when you search on Google using certain keywords such as 'free', 'anime', 'watch' ^^
For me, I downloaded them all via piratebay and watched them at my own leisure.

If you remove all the filler arcs and episodes it's not that many to watch.

Have fun!!

Hollow
01-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Yes Lyrichord! Watch it! Every time I go through a rewatch I also followed that list, I just skipped all the filler apart from the Zanpaktou filler arc xD

Lyrichord
01-30-2023, 03:28 AM
Do it.

In preparation for TYBW, I re-watched everything from the start.

I followed this guide to remove filler episodes and arcs.

Edit: Regarding where to watch.. I'm sure you can find certain sites when you search on Google using certain keywords such as 'free', 'anime', 'watch' ^^
For me, I downloaded them all via piratebay and watched them at my own leisure.

If you remove all the filler arcs and episodes it's not that many to watch.

Have fun!!
Thank you so much for the guide! I might watch a little of the arcs but it's great to know the episode # starts and stops. Looks like it's also on Hulu, which I'll do once I get to the newest episodes. It'll try to note some episodes I'd like to see in higher quality as well.

Yes Lyrichord! Watch it! Every time I go through a rewatch I also followed that list, I just skipped all the filler apart from the Zanpaktou filler arc xD

You'll be happy to hear, I've started my first rewatch! Slowly, for now, but it's such a trip to rewatch it. It's amazing how even in the first 4 episodes it covers so much of what a Hollow is, how it's formed (another Hollow ate it), and so on. Things I assumed but no longer remembered for sure. I'll need to read up on Aizen before seeing him again, so that I can catch little details I missed the first time.

Buizel
01-30-2023, 04:44 AM
My nephew just started watching this season of Bleach, and I know he's in for a ride. :P I'm excited to see more animes like this and AoT split up some arcs into "parts" so more fights/action scenes can be more fleshed out where the manga may have left off. I know Kubo said he wanted to answer more left over questions the manga left with the anime.

Hollow
01-30-2023, 05:53 AM
Thank you so much for the guide! I might watch a little of the arcs but it's great to know the episode # starts and stops. Looks like it's also on Hulu, which I'll do once I get to the newest episodes. It'll try to note some episodes I'd like to see in higher quality as well.

You'll be happy to hear, I've started my first rewatch! Slowly, for now, but it's such a trip to rewatch it. It's amazing how even in the first 4 episodes it covers so much of what a Hollow is, how it's formed (another Hollow ate it), and so on. Things I assumed but no longer remembered for sure. I'll need to read up on Aizen before seeing him again, so that I can catch little details I missed the first time.

Yes!!!! Enjoy the watch, sometimes I wish I could unwatch the entire thing and rewatch it for the first time ever xD

Lyrichord
02-06-2023, 03:46 AM
Yes!!!! Enjoy the watch, sometimes I wish I could unwatch the entire thing and rewatch it for the first time ever xD

I'm just about at that stage since I saw and read it all over 10 years ago now.

I've finished the first 63 ep, or the Ichigo becomes a Substitute Shinigami and saves Rukia segment, and have some thoughts! I'll spoiler it for those who haven't seen it, and since I'm 99% sure there's things revealed in this new season on Hulu that I remember from reading the manga, that I thought of during my rewatch.

I knew Gin and Aizen were the enemies, but I see what you meant by saying he was always many steps ahead of everyone else. He knew what was inside Rukia’s soul (I’m still not sure how that was placed there, and why her) and decimated the 46 when she first went to Earth. The foresight is crazy. Ichigo is just stubborn enough to fight hard enough to expose the plans albeit unintentionally.

The butterfly theme when souls moved on to the Soul Society. Seems fitting but I had forgotten that detail.

Soi Fon vs Yoruichi was fantastic. Watching the former and current head of the stealth guard fight was wow. Then Yoruichi had already named and mastered Soi Fon’s technique, which basically leads to Fon having a meltdown! I got a good chuckle out of that. I wonder if Yoruichi will keep those butterfly marks from Fon's blade for the rest of the series?

Knowing that Ichigo was about to get the surprise of his life when the cat revealed its true form was hilarious. I had forgotten his reaction!

It must be the subbed version I’m watching, but it almost always says “spiritual pressure” instead of reiatsu, unlike when I first watched it. It’s getting on my nerve. 😅

It’s so interesting that Aizen is going to the land of the hollows to figure out how to merge what I think sounded like a hollow into the soul to increase capacity. I have no recollection of how it happened, but iirc Ichigo already is that. Nvm that his mom is a Quincy which comes out way later. Doesn't Aizen also end up wanting to be the god of the soul society or something like that?

And most curiously: Byakua or someone says “no he’s not related to who you’re thinking of” without specifying further. It’s early, like episode 20. The only reason I caught it this time is that I know what Ichigo’s father used to be!

One question. Throughout this first storyline Ichigo is repeatedly called “just human” by those in the Soul Society. But if he had natural powers that Byakua didn’t take, wouldn’t that be untrue? Or is it just that his physical form on Earth hasn't passed?

Hollow
02-06-2023, 03:28 PM
I'm just about at that stage since I saw and read it all over 10 years ago now.

I've finished the first 63 ep, or the Ichigo becomes a Substitute Shinigami and saves Rukia segment, and have some thoughts! I'll spoiler it for those who haven't seen it, and since I'm 99% sure there's things revealed in this new season on Hulu that I remember from reading the manga, that I thought of during my rewatch.

I knew Gin and Aizen were the enemies, but I see what you meant by saying he was always many steps ahead of everyone else. He knew what was inside Rukia’s soul (I’m still not sure how that was placed there, and why her) and decimated the 46 when she first went to Earth. The foresight is crazy. Ichigo is just stubborn enough to fight hard enough to expose the plans albeit unintentionally.

The butterfly theme when souls moved on to the Soul Society. Seems fitting but I had forgotten that detail.

Soi Fon vs Yoruichi was fantastic. Watching the former and current head of the stealth guard fight was wow. Then Yoruichi had already named and mastered Soi Fon’s technique, which basically leads to Fon having a meltdown! I got a good chuckle out of that. I wonder if Yoruichi will keep those butterfly marks from Fon's blade for the rest of the series?

Knowing that Ichigo was about to get the surprise of his life when the cat revealed its true form was hilarious. I had forgotten his reaction!

It must be the subbed version I’m watching, but it almost always says “spiritual pressure” instead of reiatsu, unlike when I first watched it. It’s getting on my nerve. 😅

It’s so interesting that Aizen is going to the land of the hollows to figure out how to merge what I think sounded like a hollow into the soul to increase capacity. I have no recollection of how it happened, but iirc Ichigo already is that. Nvm that his mom is a Quincy which comes out way later. Doesn't Aizen also end up wanting to be the god of the soul society or something like that?

And most curiously: Byakua or someone says “no he’s not related to who you’re thinking of” without specifying further. It’s early, like episode 20. The only reason I caught it this time is that I know what Ichigo’s father used to be!

One question. Throughout this first storyline Ichigo is repeatedly called “just human” by those in the Soul Society. But if he had natural powers that Byakua didn’t take, wouldn’t that be untrue? Or is it just that his physical form on Earth hasn't passed?

Okay! I shall be spoilering tag from here

Okay so your almost done with the Soul Society Arc! (Or probably have now, at this point i would skip the Bount Arc as it is complete filler) Soul Society Arc was one of my favourites, it was a very interesting perspective form the shinigami's side, but also to see how each character, especially Ichigo develop. Byakuya has some of the biggest character development in the entire series, this goes form the SS Arc all the way to The Thousand Blood Year Arc (he becomes a better person).

You'll actually find out a looooottt more later on in the series what Byakuya meant by "Thinking he looks like someone related" it's definitely eluded through out the series but you'll get confirmation of who he's talking about in the final Arc.

Aizen has become one of my favourite villain in anime/manga. This guy is basically Batman but with out being Batman x'D He's always ahead of the game, is a super genius, and is stupid strong, he rivals Urahara in many ways! He wanted to surpass being a Shinigami, his motives are a lot more and it will be mentioned pretty soon actually!

Gin's motive is also interesting, but you'll find out why he joins Aizen further to the end of the series. :)

I terms of what Ichigo is, none of the shinigami knew that he already had powers to begin with, he's more than human.

Ahhh spirit pressure basically is reiatsu! Reiatsu is just the Japanese version of it :) I'm not sure if your watching dubbed or subbed though! I watched it all in subbed :)

Lyrichord
02-06-2023, 05:31 PM
Okay! I shall be spoilering tag from here

Okay so your almost done with the Soul Society Arc! (Or probably have now, at this point i would skip the Bount Arc as it is complete filler) Soul Society Arc was one of my favourites, it was a very interesting perspective form the shinigami's side, but also to see how each character, especially Ichigo develop. Byakuya has some of the biggest character development in the entire series, this goes form the SS Arc all the way to The Thousand Blood Year Arc (he becomes a better person).

You'll actually find out a looooottt more later on in the series what Byakuya meant by "Thinking he looks like someone related" it's definitely eluded through out the series but you'll get confirmation of who he's talking about in the final Arc.

Aizen has become one of my favourite villain in anime/manga. This guy is basically Batman but with out being Batman x'D He's always ahead of the game, is a super genius, and is stupid strong, he rivals Urahara in many ways! He wanted to surpass being a Shinigami, his motives are a lot more and it will be mentioned pretty soon actually!

Gin's motive is also interesting, but you'll find out why he joins Aizen further to the end of the series. :)

In terms of what Ichigo is, none of the shinigami knew that he already had powers to begin with, he's more than human.

Ahhh spirit pressure basically is reiatsu! Reiatsu is just the Japanese version of it :) I'm not sure if your watching dubbed or subbed though! I watched it all in subbed :)

Oh Im definitely watching subbed. :$ Sounds way better! I knew it's the translation of reiatsu, I just also think it sounds better in Japanese than in English. :) Sloowly getting used to it. Funny how little things like that can stick out!

Skipped the Bount arc as suggested, but rewatched the ep where Aizen explains everything to a very shocked Ichigo et crowd. Makes a lot more sense now. :$

Does that mean it isn't Ichigo's former captain dad? I just started watching the Vizard/Arrancar plot and forgot just how early it's revealed to everyone except Ichigo, lol. Urahara tells everyone, minus Ichigo's trio of friends who are elsewhere recovering, not to mention it to him. I remember this being my favorite arc, so I'm excited to revisit it again!

Hollow
02-06-2023, 07:00 PM
Oh Im definitely watching subbed. :$ Sounds way better! I knew it's the translation of reiatsu, I just also think it sounds better in Japanese than in English. :) Sloowly getting used to it. Funny how little things like that can stick out!

Skipped the Bount arc as suggested, but rewatched the ep where Aizen explains everything to a very shocked Ichigo et crowd. Makes a lot more sense now. :$

Does that mean it isn't Ichigo's former captain dad? I just started watching the Vizard/Arrancar plot and forgot just how early it's revealed to everyone except Ichigo, lol. Urahara tells everyone, minus Ichigo's trio of friends who are elsewhere recovering, not to mention it to him. I remember this being my favorite arc, so I'm excited to revisit it again!

Yep Ichigo's dad was a former captain! Though for some reason all the other captains never mention him at all, I'm not sure why that is the case :0 However Byakuya was referring to another person that looked to be related to Ichigo! It all gets revealed at the end of the series though Dx

Lyrichord
03-07-2023, 01:56 AM
I finished rewatching the original series 2 weeks ago now, and wow. I skipped the filler arcs, and skimmed through a lot of the early running in Hueco Mundo and the first Espada fights. So many thoughts!

First, I've missed seeing Neliel! She was one of my favorites when I first saw it and I'm hoping to see her again when I start the new series. I think Kiskue must have some part in getting her back in her adult form.

The soundtrack to Bleach really is something ♥︎ . It's been so nostalgic hearing it again.

Rewatching, knowing what Aizen is up to, brings a whole new level to the experience.

Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra is still a crazy epic fight. Breaking through the ceiling of Las Noches?!?! I don't know how I feel about Ulquiorra developing emotions right before his death but it did highlight Orihime's sunshine.

When I first saw that last little arc after the Arrancars I didn't like it since it was so different. I'm still a little confused about how the process of restoring Ichigo's shinigami powers was going to work but it was nice to see the resolution of the captains to use their spirit power to restore his. I think I'll have to do some reading up on how it was that something that was supposed to have been completely used up was able to be restored. Something like his soul badge still holding some of his reiatsu? Seeing others with Chad and Orihime type powers was nice, even if they were the bad guys.

I'm stoked so see where this goes in the new season! Both Aizen, the Vizards, some Yachiru reveals if I remember correctly from the manga, and so much more.

I don't know why I didn't rewatch the show sooner! I have a hunch I'll be rereading the manga once I get through this first of the 4 seasons.

I did a bit of research on the words used for the Arrancars and the translations from Spanish to English were a treat. Two examples that stood out: Cero means hollow. Producing an attack of emptiness when they have a hole in their chest. Also they are, literally, hollows. Likewise in the they are their name vein: espada means sword, and they are the embodiment of their weapon at that stage!

There's a surprising amount of depth to Bleach, and it's inspiring me to rewatch some of the other anime I saw back in the day.

Lyrichord
04-25-2023, 02:56 AM
I'm currently rewatching part one, again, and it's so epic. Part two in July can't come soon enough!

Kibba
07-08-2023, 02:26 PM
You GUYS!
Part 2 is out NOW! I am so happy that Bleach is back!

Hollow
07-08-2023, 02:42 PM
You GUYS!

AYOOOOOOOO IT'S TIME!!!!!! LET'S GOOOOOOOO

Lyrichord
07-08-2023, 04:11 PM
You GUYS!

Let’s gooooo!!! Is it going to be released weekly, or is it all out at once?

Bulbasaur
07-08-2023, 05:19 PM
GAH! I need to catch up as soon as I can! But my brother has been wanting to watch Bleach and we're watching it together lol
This looks so gooood!

Kibba
07-10-2023, 09:44 AM
Let’s gooooo!!! Is it going to be released weekly, or is it all out at once?

Unfortunately (Or fortunately so I can have hype and something to watch weekly) each episode is gonna be released weekly :p

Lyrichord
07-10-2023, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately (Or fortunately so I can have hype and something to watch weekly) each episode is gonna be released weekly :p

Ugh, lol. I don't know whether to start watching it now, while I still have an active Hulu subscription, or wait until all 13 ep or so are released and binge watch them, which would take less than a week. I might go ahead and watch the first, and then wait from there.

Unown
08-01-2023, 06:52 AM
I am trying my best to wait for all 13 episodes to be out but the amount of spoilers I see everywhere is insane.
(They're spoilers to me because I don't read the manga lol)

Lyrichord
10-03-2023, 11:27 PM
Unown Kibba and anyone else who watched this second part of the TYBW: have you seen the whole season yet, and what did you think/do you think of it so far?

Without spoiling anything, I had completely forgotten how OP Squad Zero is, and also how much I disliked most of the Stern Ritter invasion of the Seireitei. The last couple episodes were definitely my favorite.

Unown
10-04-2023, 04:28 AM
Unown Kibba and anyone else who watched this second part of the TYBW: have you seen the whole season yet, and what did you think/do you think of it so far?

Without spoiling anything, I had completely forgotten how OP Squad Zero is, and also how much I disliked most of the Stern Ritter invasion of the Seireitei. The last couple episodes were definitely my favorite.

I HAVE TWO MORE EPISODES TO GO HAHAHA.

But the last one "The Black" is not out on my Netflix yet even though it's stated to be out on the 30th of September. Maybe a little delay? Will come back and write my thoughts when I finish!

Predict
10-04-2023, 06:35 AM
I just finished Ep 13 and it was pretty epic! I can’t wait till 2024 for the continuation so l think I’m going to start reading the manga to get my fix :D

Hollow
10-04-2023, 08:47 AM
Okay I'm super behind on this season (I KNOW HOW COULD I?) but I've read the entire manga series so spoilers won't be an issue for me thankfully xD I will dedicate sometime to finish the anime soon!