PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Mew Mew reboot

Ghast
12-13-2021, 10:13 PM
Who is excited?! I am! It brings back so many fond memories.

Here is a teaser if you have not seen it yet:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Personally I cannot wait to see what they do with the Cyniclons, especially Kisshu, when I was a kid I thought they were so cool and edgy (except the reality is Kisshu is... not very edgy at all :o_o:)

Anyway what are your thoughts? :D
I cannot say I have seen it stated anywhere but I am curious to know if it will be a new plotline, or if they will be 'remastering' the old one, especially considering the existence of two offshoot mangas with Ringo and Berry who do not seem to be in the trailer.

Buizel
12-13-2021, 10:30 PM
Ohh I haven't seen this anime before. :o It kind of gives me Sailor Moon / Zombieland Saga vibes though! I'll have to keep it on my radar once it comes out. :)

Cinnamoroll
12-21-2021, 09:54 PM
wait WHAT?!?! How did I miss this?!!!!
I lovedddddddd Tokyo Mew Mew! God, I haven’t thought about that series in YEARS.
I, for one, am stoked on the reboot.

Ice
12-22-2021, 03:03 AM
My friends and I have been pretty hype for it for a while!! TMM was one of my fond magical girl series of yore from childhood and I'm glad it is getting a modern facelift. Although I vaguely remember the english translation manga being wildly confusing to me (was it me, or tokyopop? I may never know) and it felt like there was def stuff just straight not translated properly or what it was super cute nonetheless.

Also for those who don't know, a real life idol group of the main character seiyuu exists and they're SO FUCKING CUTE (altho Pudding's seiyuu is like, appropriately-character-aged but like not-cool-for-child-labor-laws-aged) someone hold me thanks

you're welcome

John Cena
12-22-2021, 09:11 AM
I used to make AMV's on youtube for Tokyo Mew Mew ;_;
Seriously can't wait for this reboot!

Hollow
12-22-2021, 09:31 AM
Had no idea they were rebooting it! I never actually watched the original, but my friends were super into it at the time :0

DarkSkies
12-22-2021, 09:39 AM
Ohhh I kinda remember watching it when I was younger!! This bring back memories.

Is there already a date for release?

Cinnamoroll
02-26-2022, 04:16 PM
Ohhh I kinda remember watching it when I was younger!! This bring back memories.

Is there already a date for release?

I just did some searching and it seems that it will start airing in July 2022 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), so in a few months!

Synth Salazzle
02-26-2022, 05:14 PM
I used to write super cringy fan fiction as a kid. My body is ready.

DarkSkies
02-26-2022, 06:39 PM
I just did some searching and it seems that it will start airing in July 2022 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), so in a few months!

Thanks Cinna!! I'll be waiting then. The wolf girl was my favorite (I was very young and can't remember the names lol)

mauvet
04-06-2022, 11:00 PM
So weird! I had this overwhelming urge to re-watch this and now I find out there's a remake?!
Good timing, can't wait to watch. I really like the art style

Emerchy
04-20-2022, 12:12 PM
I've never watched this but I definitely want to check it out, it kinda reminds me of Sailor Moon, I used to love that when I was a kid :P

Kibba
05-31-2022, 10:30 PM
I used to watch this show every night as a little kid!

In spanish her motto was like this:
mew mew estilo mew mew gracia mew mew poder en tu cara

pillowfighter
06-19-2022, 10:47 PM
I am seriously so excited for this! Feels like I've been waiting FOREVER.
I'm curious too if it will be all new content, some new content, or just a total redo.
So soon! Just a few more weeks.

Kibba
06-29-2022, 08:09 PM
Do ya'll know when its coming out?

Wooloo
06-29-2022, 08:10 PM

I think this upcoming summer season?

Harvest Goddess
06-29-2022, 08:11 PM

From what I've seen it's July 5th!

- - - Updated - - -

July 5th in Japan*** sorry I didn't read the fine print

Kibba
06-29-2022, 08:24 PM
Thanks!
Idk if I should watch the old one to bring back the memories or just watch the new one from scratch haha

DarkSkies
06-29-2022, 09:22 PM
Ohh I was under the impression it was already ongoing.

So I'm still on time :)

pillowfighter
07-04-2022, 09:09 AM
Coming back here to say: TWO MORE DAYS YALL!!! We just have to wait two more days!
I’m so excited I could cry LOL

Kibba
07-04-2022, 09:16 AM
Coming back here to say: TWO MORE DAYS YALL!!! We just have to wait two more days!
I’m so excited I could cry LOL

Can't wait, I watched the first 20 episodes this weekend and then started watching Yu-Gi-Oh and got caught up on that.

2 days for Mew Mew Power!

Edit:

OH MY GOD I GOT THE ROCKET FLAVOR RIGHT AFTER WATERMELON!

Wooloo
07-04-2022, 09:23 AM
Can't wait, I watched the first 20 episodes this weekend and then started watching Yu-Gi-Oh and got caught up on that.

2 days for Mew Mew Power!

Edit:

OH MY GOD I GOT THE ROCKET FLAVOR RIGHT AFTER WATERMELON!

Congrats on getting both holiday flavors!

I'm so excited for this reboot omg but I'm busy in two days :(

Hall
07-05-2022, 05:13 PM
I saw Tokyo Mew Mew trending on twitter and it seems that the opening is out!

I looking forward to watching the reboot.

pillowfighter
07-05-2022, 05:48 PM

I am ACTUALLY sobbing my eyes out LOL
So excited to watch this! It looks so cute.

Hall
07-05-2022, 05:54 PM
I am ACTUALLY sobbing my eyes out LOL
So excited to watch this! It looks so cute.

I know! I really like the transition screen (at 1:19) that has all their animals in chibi for. The Finless porpoise is just so squish-able!

Kibba
07-06-2022, 08:29 AM

OMG THE BUDGET!

Here's a look at the transformation scene, It reminds me of Sailor Moon, I'm really happy about
this animation and looking forward to watch the whole anime in this new style. I'm in love!

Mew Mew Power!

YAS!

Ghast
07-06-2022, 11:18 AM
Today is the day!

For now, the series is exclusively being shown on HiDive as a simulcast title. I have not used the service myself, but it looks like there is a free trial (14 days) available and it is 4.99 USD a month or 47.99 USD yearly after that.

If anyone finds other methods of watching as time moves forward, please share :D

I will not be able to look in to watching it myself until later today so I would love to hear some thoughts (with necessary spoilers) if anyone sees it before me :D

The series will have new episodes at the following times every Tuesday:

Pacific Time – 9 AM
Eastern Time – 12 PM
British Time – 5 PM
European Time – 6 PM
India Time – 9:30 PM
Philippine Time – 12 AM (Wednesdays)
Australia Time – 1:30 AM (Wednesdays)

Kibba
07-06-2022, 11:22 AM
Today is the day!

For now, the series is exclusively being shown on HiDive as a simulcast title. I have not used the service myself, but it looks like there is a free trial (14 days) available and it is 4.99 USD a month or 47.99 USD yearly after that.

If anyone finds other methods of watching as time moves forward, please share :D

I will not be able to look in to watching it myself until later today so I would love to hear some thoughts (with necessary spoilers) if anyone sees it before me :D

:cupcake: You can watch it here:

Hall
07-06-2022, 11:41 AM
I personally use:

This is how I've been watching Spy x Family

Trash Panda
07-06-2022, 11:52 AM
I had no idea Mew Mew Power was going to have a reboot :excitement: Me and my sister used to play we were characters of the anime when we were younger OMG

Cinnamoroll
07-06-2022, 01:50 PM
OMG THE BUDGET!

Here's a look at the transformation scene, It reminds me of Sailor Moon, I'm really happy about
this animation and looking forward to watch the whole anime in this new style. I'm in love!

Mew Mew Power!

YAS!

Oh, that transformation is 100% just like Sailor Moon. I'll have to give this a watch once I finish up this semester in a few weeks.

John Cena
07-08-2022, 09:01 AM
THE FIRST EPISODE WAS SO GOOD

I felt like a kid again, I like that Mint is already apart of the team and she helped to lure them all to the exhibit. I loved being able to see how the others interacted with the exhibit too! I hope we get more of the other's story lines.

The art is so cute, I feel like they got a bit of an upgrade imo.

Kibba
07-08-2022, 11:18 AM
Honestly, I've just watched the trailer and a couple transformations, I'm saving this to watch during the weekend, been having lots of work during the week :'(