PDA

View Full Version : Baka Userbar Theory Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Buizel
12-12-2021, 01:20 PM
Hello all! :) I am hoping we can pool together ideas that may lead to unlocking the Baka UB that Flordibel is currently showcasing.

I'll start by reposting the few things I posted in the Secret Userbars Thread:

Favorite Tsunderes (I see more and more often that these types of characters call people baka/idiot a lot) :

Misaka Mikoto

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Chitoge Kirisaki

---

A manga panel showing someone insulting another in a manga:

Would love to see what others come up with! :)

Edit: Just adding the few hints dropped by Flor to the first message!

I'll say this: it's nothing to do with tsunderes though I am loving the opportunity to see all your faves!!

Illustration is not a requirement to obtain the userbar :D

Y'all are thinking too hard! It's not about manga, though manga discussions are always welcome.

I did set the requirements for this userbar to be a little more difficult than most. It's meant to be a fun journey, not a gimme gimme!

1. It is related to anime
2. Monokuma has nothing to do with it I was just memeing

Hint: it's active and will be awarded when the criteria are met :P

Additional info: You don't need to know anything special about JJBA or any other anime to unlock it. <3

That's the final hint! I'm okay with this one being an unknowable mystery, though I appreciate that it may frustrate you. I kind of want it to! >:}

Posting all the methods that have NOT worked below:

- It is not related to manga
- Posting a picture of our favorite tsundere
- Posting a manga panel showing someone insulting someone else
- Anime clraik theme song/video
- Posting a character who often acts dumb in an anime
- Posting an image/video of someone saying baka/idiot
- Discussing our favorite anime/manga
- Posting a certain amount of times in the anime forum section
- Posting a theme/opening song from an anime
- Not related to the "Like a Baka" meme
- Posting a moment that made us mad in a manga/anime
- Posting your favorite anime/manga antagonist
- You do not have to illustrate/draw a manga to unlock it
- Posting a catchphrase from a character
- Posting the angry mark thing in a manga/anime
- Posting a famous/iconic panel from a manga/anime
- Posting a manga panel just showing "baka"
- Calling someone a baka in the forum
- Calling someone a baka through visitor messages
- Posting a story of yourself being a baka
- Not related to Monokuma from Danganronpa
- Not related to the Baka Mitai meme
- Posting a baka music video/song
- Posting something we think is idiotic
- Posting baka in Japanese
- Putting baka in our signature and then posting
- Posting an angry emoticon
- Posting idiot/baka in a different font size/color
- Posting funny videos from an anime
- Posting our own baka made videos/edits
- Posting a video of someone acting dumb

Flordibel
12-12-2021, 01:58 PM
I show up to showcase, 37 minutes late with starbucks

Looking forward to your theories! I'm proud of this userbar. :D

phantasia
12-12-2021, 02:37 PM
Maybe you are suppose to do a anime clraik theme. I really have no idea but it looks awesome

Cat Purrson
12-12-2021, 02:40 PM
Ahhh Misaka Mikoto is amazing!! I wish I was good at art I’d totally draw a comic of some neopets drama or something lol

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-12-2021, 03:10 PM
My favorite tsundere are Nishikino Maki and Yumeoji Fumi.
But I'm usually not a fan of the tsundere character lol.

Anyway, I wonder if the userbar has to do with the specific "baka" phrase of anime in general. Because if it's the latter it could be basically anything lmao

Buizel
12-12-2021, 04:23 PM
Maybe by posting a character who constantly acts dumb?

Natsu is an absolute fool but I love him haha

Cat Purrson
12-12-2021, 04:33 PM
Can't forget this dummy! He's the strongest man alive but also the most clueless. Love me some Saitama!!

Also Brittany Fairy Tail is one of my favorite animes ever!

Hollow
12-12-2021, 04:44 PM
Yes! Good idea on making this thread, maybe we can figure it out here :D

I'll stick with this one from Bleach:

Since Ichigo thought Rukia was pulling his leg in this panel xD

Also this scene because it's so outrageous:

The famous "KONO DIO DA!" considering Dio is evil in my eyes xD

Cat Purrson
12-12-2021, 04:48 PM
Or maybe the annoying Excalibur from Soul Eater who spews "BAKA" at everyone hahaha

Buizel
12-12-2021, 04:57 PM
Or maybe the annoying Excalibur from Soul Eater who spews "BAKA" at everyone hahaha

omg the goat Excalibur!! Forgot about him calling everyone under the sun a fool lol

and Soul Eater is one of my favorite manga/anime :o_o: I constantly rewatch/reread it often

Cinderella
12-12-2021, 04:59 PM
Yes! Happy to join in the search. It could possibly be as simple as amount of posts in the Anime forum!

Cat Purrson
12-12-2021, 05:03 PM
Yes! Happy to join in the search. It could possibly be as simple as amount of posts in the Anime forum!

Very true and if there's one thing I can talk about endlessly, it's anime!

Cinderella
12-12-2021, 05:12 PM
Very true and if there's one thing I can talk about endlessly, it's anime!

What's your favorite anime? :) :)

Cat Purrson
12-12-2021, 05:14 PM
What's your favorite anime? :) :)

Favorite of all time has to be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. What about you?

Buizel
12-12-2021, 05:18 PM
I think I'm torn on picking an absolute fav. It's between Soul Eater and Fairy Tale for me. They were animes I started fairly early and just couldn't stop watching/reading because all their characters were entertaining.

Unrelated note, but my first anime I ever watched was one I cannot recall the name of to save my life. I know the main character was called Lelouch/Ziro and ever since, Ziro has been my in game name for video games lol

Cinderella
12-12-2021, 05:18 PM
Favorite of all time has to be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. What about you?

I'd have to say the Hayao Miyazaki movies (ie Totoro, Spirited Away, Howl's moving castle). I know they are a bit weird but I like that. Fullmetal Alchemist is supposed to be really good. I've never seen it! what's the rough storyline?

kittyray
12-12-2021, 05:34 PM
Is a userbar going to be the thing that gets me watching anime regularly for the first time since I was in middle school? Possibly.

I need to find something that tells me what anime i'd like based on what live-action stuff I like.

(I try to be sincere with my userbar quests, which this feels borderline, but I really have been meaning to find some new shows to watch).

Erik.
12-12-2021, 05:37 PM
Is a userbar going to be the thing that gets me watching anime regularly for the first time since I was in middle school? Possibly.

I need to find something that tells me what anime i'd like based on what live-action stuff I like.

(I try to be sincere with my userbar quests, which this feels borderline, but I really have been meaning to find some new shows to watch).

Well, what kind of live-action stuff do you like? :)

Cat Purrson
12-12-2021, 05:38 PM
I'd have to say the Hayao Miyazaki movies (ie Totoro, Spirited Away, Howl's moving castle). I know they are a bit weird but I like that. Fullmetal Alchemist is supposed to be really good. I've never seen it! what's the rough storyline?

The series follows the story of two alchemist brothers, Edward and Alphonse Elric, who want to restore their bodies after a disastrous failed attempt to bring their mother back to life through alchemy.

kittyray
12-12-2021, 05:45 PM
Well, what kind of live-action stuff do you like? :)

Uh, idk, I'm not blanking on every TV show I've ever watched. The Leftovers is probably the best/favorite show I've ever watched. Fargo. True Detective. Legion. Broad City. 30 Rock. Arrested Development. Curb. LOST. Twin Peaks. Pretty Little Liars was a cultural experience. Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad. Damon Lindelof's adaptation of Watchmen. Buffy. American Horror Story. Black Mirror. Schitt's Creek. The Good Place. The Haunting Of Hill House. Midnight Mass.

okay that's a lot and I'm probably missing stuff, but I guess it's a mix of like feel-good comedies and gritty/dark/supernatural dramas?

Erik.
12-12-2021, 05:47 PM
I liked the original FMA more. It was much, much darker. And this theme song is just perfect:

I watched the original anime with my best friend around the time my own mom died so this song is special for me. :)

Ismira
12-12-2021, 05:51 PM

THIS! I haven't watched anime since my early-mid teens.. even then, I only watched what was streaming on AniMax at the time. So basically InuYasha, UFO Baby, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saber Marionette, and some others that I only have very vague recollections of. There was also a 3 part series I thoroughly enjoyed.. 5 Centimeters per Second if memory serves me right.

kittyray
12-12-2021, 05:57 PM
THIS! I haven't watched anime since my early-mid teens.. even then, I only watched what was streaming on AniMax at the time. So basically InuYasha, UFO Baby, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saber Marionette, and some others that I only have very vague recollections. There was also a 3 part series I thoroughly enjoyed.. 5 Centimeters per Second if memory serves me right.

I've watched an episode here and there with other people, and a couple times I read manga or watched an anime when it got super popular. I remember reading all of Death Note when I got sick one time in high school, and I read/watched all of Attack On Titan up to what was released by about mid/late 2018.

In like fourth/fifth grade my friends and I basically had a system where each of us would be responsible for getting VHS/DVD of different ones we wanted to watch and then we watched them together. I don't remember who had what except for me, which was Cardcaptor Sakura and Magic Knight Rayearth (which I have the DVDs still with me like five feet away).

There isn't honestly a particular reason why I stopped watching anime, I guess I just grew out of the stuff I watched without finding new things, and during that transition period it still wasn't as easy as it is now to watch, so it took more effort, if that makes sense.

Erik.
12-12-2021, 05:58 PM
Uh, idk, I'm not blanking on every TV show I've ever watched. The Leftovers is probably the best/favorite show I've ever watched. Fargo. True Detective. Legion. Broad City. 30 Rock. Arrested Development. Curb. LOST. Twin Peaks. Pretty Little Liars was a cultural experience. Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad. Damon Lindelof's adaptation of Watchmen. Buffy. American Horror Story. Black Mirror. Schitt's Creek. The Good Place. The Haunting Of Hill House. Midnight Mass.

okay that's a lot and I'm probably missing stuff, but I guess it's a mix of like feel-good comedies and gritty/dark/supernatural dramas?

You would love Monster. 0:-) Haha ok it's the best anime I have watched so I would recommend to everyone, but you mentioned True Detective and Breaking Bad. Monster is a very realistic and dark show about a doctor and a detective both pursuing a serial killer who has connections to neonazis and a dark past in Czechoslovakia. And maybe you like Akira (the movie), it's post-apocalyptic and gritty, maybe a bit like Legion. Evangelion is maybe a bit like the Watchmen too, another futuristic and gritty anime. And maybe you like The Animatrix. Those are short videos on aspects of the Matrix world, a bit similar to some Black Mirror episodes. Oh and you might like Death Note too. I'm not sure about those other series you mentioned, haven't watched those!

Oh and Baccano! (with !) is a lot like Breaking Bad and Fargo combined. It's about a group of gangsters during the Prohibition era but it's funny as heck too. That's a good one!

Danny Phantom
12-12-2021, 06:25 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the "Like a Baka" meme? That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it.

Hopping on the Tsundere train, I really like Kamiki Izumo from Blue Exorcist!

Hollow
12-12-2021, 06:44 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the "Like a Baka" meme? That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it.

Hopping on the Tsundere train, I really like Kamiki Izumo from Blue Exorcist!

OMG yes! I disliked her at first but she started to grow on me, especially in the manga!

- - - Updated - - -

SoiFon from Bleach gave me Tsundere vibes, since she so on and off with Urahara

Goddammit
12-12-2021, 07:44 PM
So I always get the archtypes mixed up and what one is what one. Googled a list of the best anime tsundere characters just to see if any of my favorite anime characters were listed and lo, there was one!

Buizel
12-12-2021, 08:11 PM
Maybe by posting one of your favorite anime openings? I actually have this song on my ipod for when I drive in my car lol I love it all these years later.

xChoppie
12-12-2021, 08:30 PM
The first few anime I've watched was Kare Kano, Fruits Basket and Fushigi Yuugi (old animes).
I would say my favourites were: Fruits Basket, Gakuen Alice, Ouran High School Host Club, Kaichou wa Maid Sama, Special A and of course One Piece. :D

Tsundere character from Gakuen Alice: Hotaru Imai!

Cinderella
12-12-2021, 10:17 PM
The series follows the story of two alchemist brothers, Edward and Alphonse Elric, who want to restore their bodies after a disastrous failed attempt to bring their mother back to life through alchemy.

Sounds bizarre! And a little sad :( is it a big series?

Goddammit
12-12-2021, 10:28 PM

It's one of my all-time favorites. My fiance is a huge FMA nerd, he even has a half sleeve tattoo of characters from the show that's eventually going to turn into a full-sleeve. He convinced me to watch it, except he had me watch FMA: Brotherhood. From what I understand it's basically the abridged version of FMA? I could be wrong. But I absolutely fell in love with FMA: Brotherhood almost immediately. It's just good all the way around.

Cinderella
12-12-2021, 10:31 PM
It's one of my all-time favorites. My fiance is a huge FMA nerd, he even has a half sleeve tattoo of characters from the show that's eventually going to turn into a full-sleeve. He convinced me to watch it, except he had me watch FMA: Brotherhood. From what I understand it's basically the abridged version of FMA? I could be wrong. But I absolutely fell in love with FMA: Brotherhood almost immediately. It's just good all the way around.

next question ... is it on NETFLIX? (anime post 5)

kittyray
12-12-2021, 10:36 PM
You would love Monster. 0:-) Haha ok it's the best anime I have watched so I would recommend to everyone, but you mentioned True Detective and Breaking Bad. Monster is a very realistic and dark show about a doctor and a detective both pursuing a serial killer who has connections to neonazis and a dark past in Czechoslovakia. And maybe you like Akira (the movie), it's post-apocalyptic and gritty, maybe a bit like Legion. Evangelion is maybe a bit like the Watchmen too, another futuristic and gritty anime. And maybe you like The Animatrix. Those are short videos on aspects of the Matrix world, a bit similar to some Black Mirror episodes. Oh and you might like Death Note too. I'm not sure about those other series you mentioned, haven't watched those!

Oh and Baccano! (with !) is a lot like Breaking Bad and Fargo combined. It's about a group of gangsters during the Prohibition era but it's funny as heck too. That's a good one!

Thanks, I'll have to check some of those out! I'm in a phase where I'm mostly watching TV as background noise, so it's gonna be hard to start something new (especially something subtitled), so I don't know when I'll get around to it, but I'll try to!

I actually own Akira on DVD and have been meaning to watch it, so if I get a DVD player maybe I'll try that.

I'm also open to other suggestions if anybody else has any!

[edit] Also sorry this has turned into just general anime discussion for me, but technically, this is an excuse I've been looking for to check out anime and once I do that I can properly contribute.

Buizel
12-12-2021, 10:43 PM
FMA is an absolute classic. Great story all around pretty much, but I'm not sure if it's on netflix or not. There were a few episodes that hit harder than others and lord I'm still not over it :cold:

Cinnamoroll
12-12-2021, 11:04 PM
I just wish Flordibel would give us a hint ;-;

Buizel
12-12-2021, 11:42 PM
Maybe a moment that made us mad/upset at a character/manga?

The entire ending of Bleach made me mad at everyone pretty much lmao

Cat Purrson
12-13-2021, 01:20 AM

It is sad but also a bit comical at some parts. I think it’s around 60 episodes so not too bad. I highly recommend it!

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-13-2021, 01:49 AM
I'm so happy the userbar is getting people back into anime again!
Anime is a huge part of my life tbh, so I was always a tiny bit sad about how it's not too popular on ck lol. There are anime-related subjects I can talk about for ages.
(Seriously if you just mention "Revue Starlight" to me you can probably get me to give a whole lecture about the symbolism and stuff just in the anime)

Cinderella
12-13-2021, 04:15 AM
It is sad but also a bit comical at some parts. I think it’s around 60 episodes so not too bad. I highly recommend it!

ok I will check it out and report back :)

post 6

Hollow
12-13-2021, 06:26 AM
Maybe a moment that made us mad/upset at a character/manga?

The entire ending of Bleach made me mad at everyone pretty much lmao

PLEASE DON'T REMIND ME I'M STILL SALTY ABOUT IT D:

I still think Kubo should have left it open ended it instead of making ichihime and renruki cannon BUT! the anime is making a return soon and that's excitinggggg!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe by posting one of your favorite anime openings? I actually have this song on my ipod for when I drive in my car lol I love it all these years later.

I also have an anime opening/ending thread <a href="[Only registered and activated users can see links]">here</a> in the music section if that helps! :D

Menine
12-13-2021, 09:03 AM

Passing by to post the best tsundere ever

she is literally me irl

Flordibel
12-13-2021, 10:50 AM

I'll say this: it's nothing to do with tsunderes though I am loving the opportunity to see all your faves!!

Alister
12-13-2021, 10:50 AM
Also swinging in to drop my favorite tsundere, Genjo Sanzo from Saiyuki. My best ornery boy, I'm so excited Saiyuki is getting another anime adaptation next year

Buizel
12-13-2021, 11:15 AM
Favorite antagonist maybe?

As of recent, Adam from Sk8 because of how over the top he is lmao

I'm kind of torn on Shigaraki from MHA. He got a power creep and imo it's not really deserved and it just makes fights boring. Loved him and his connection with the LoV before, but it's slowly falling off.

AFO. Man is just pure evil for the hell of it

Synth Salazzle
12-13-2021, 11:24 AM

Passing by to post the best tsundere ever

she is literally me irl

I love that anime so much. Mayuri is my spirit animal.

Da Plushee Boree
12-13-2021, 11:34 AM
Unrelated note, but my first anime I ever watched was one I cannot recall the name of to save my life. I know the main character was called Lelouch/Ziro and ever since, Ziro has been my in game name for video games lol

Got the feeling that this went unanswered, and the answer is CODE GEASS!

This was one in the list of mechas i watched when younger, but my forte was Endless Waltz and Evangelion. Here's where my love for Flow and UVERworld was born ♥

I want to add to the Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood love too! I'm collecting the Kanzeban edition of the manga, they're so beautiful!

Also want to jump into the anime lover wagon, is anyone watching/reading Boku no Hero or Jujutsu Kaizen? :o_o: spoilered openings

Hawk and Dabi are my baes, don't look at themmmm!

I was recommended Tokyo Revengers too, has someone watched it??

Sorry the wall post :')

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-13-2021, 12:03 PM
Got the feeling that this went unanswered, and the answer is CODE GEASS!

This was one in the list of mechas i watched when younger, but my forte was Endless Waltz and Evangelion. Here's where my love for Flow and UVERworld was born ♥

I want to add to the Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood love too! I'm collecting the Kanzeban edition of the manga, they're so beautiful!

Also want to jump into the anime lover wagon, is anyone watching/reading Boku no Hero or Jujutsu Kaizen? :o_o: spoilered openings

Hawk and Dabi are my baes, don't look at themmmm!

I was recommended Tokyo Revengers too, has someone watched it??

Sorry the wall post :')

I'm reading Boku no Hero! It's pretty good, I like it. I only watched S1-2 because these were the only ones with decent fansub... hopefully other seasons will get some decent subs some day in the future!

Erik.
12-13-2021, 12:30 PM
Hey peeps I thought maybe the userbar has more to do with comics/manga than anime? Considering the text balloons?

Da Plushee Boree
12-13-2021, 12:50 PM
Hey peeps I thought maybe the userbar has more to do with comics/manga than anime? Considering the text balloons?

You got me thinking more seriously about it, and i feel like... you're right... the whole UB is manga styled!

I need to know if it is auto or manually given? If it is auto it could be an amount of posts related to manga/anime, while if it is manually given, it has to be something more specific, like baka dialogue balloons?

TsUNaMy WaVe i need to start reading it! I'm used to the original audio. but i read that the manga is not that far and that it's soo good

Aero
12-13-2021, 12:54 PM

This + a comment on the first page (I skipped from page 1 to page 5 so I'm sorry if I missed this theory!) makes me wonder if it's unlocked by a comic we illustrate and post? Sorta like the Neopian Times comic section. Maybe I'll give it a go if I have some time !

- - - Updated - - -

Also Erik. I just saw your comment about Akira and that movie is AMAZING you have great taste :$

Buizel
12-13-2021, 12:55 PM
Most mangas translate baka or idiot to something else though, like a specific insult in some cases. :( Some do still use idiot though, so maybe we need to show a manga panel showing the angry mark (that little cross thing lol) and the word idiot in the same panel?

Edit: ohh I pray it's not a self illustration, I can't draw to save my life haha ;A;

Erik.
12-13-2021, 12:56 PM
Maybe we need to make a comic :O Or say our favorite Japanese/comic catchphrase? Mine are:

NANDATTEBAYOOO?!??!??!

or

Let's get dangerous!

Buizel
12-13-2021, 01:15 PM
Here's a manga panel showcasing an insult/the angry mark as well:

I stay re-reading Nisekoi so it's constantly on my mind lol

Erik.
12-13-2021, 01:20 PM
I know it as this:

Hollow
12-13-2021, 01:48 PM
Maybe we have to post a famous/iconic panel from a manga? Since we now know it's not based around tsunderes :0

Perhaps we have to draw a manga?

Cat Purrson
12-13-2021, 02:48 PM
Showing some love to my bby Bakugo <3

Flordibel
12-13-2021, 03:04 PM
Illustration is not a requirement to obtain the userbar :D

Hollow
12-13-2021, 03:06 PM
Hmmm... I almost feel like this may be a very simple UB to unlock and I'm just over complicating it xD Thanks for clarifying we don't need to illustrate to get it tho :D

Buizel
12-13-2021, 03:19 PM
Ohh let's go simpler then....how about a manga panel just saying baka?

Erik.
12-13-2021, 03:26 PM
Or maybe calling someone an idiot...

Erik, you're an idiot. You're a baka, stupid!

Ariealle
12-13-2021, 04:05 PM
Not sure if this'll go through but I'll try:
I came across this little Sailor Moon manga (non-canon) a few months ago and have been trying to find it for this post. I've been in love with SM since kindergarten, like.. Who didn't want to be super hero(ette) when they were younger? (k duh not everyone of course). These beautiful heroines though, damn. and their sailor suits, and their clothing choices, and making food, and such freedom for only being teens, and the turmoil they deal with, and victory in the end.. The jealousy was real (of characters), and the desire to be more than a kid and go out and help people was even more real.
anyway, this manga is a real train wreck, but really captures the essence of each character, so it just feels like it's been apart the whole time. Taking place years in the future, marriage, kids, it's like a little closure we didn't know we wanted or even needed. it's cute. Tsukino Usagi, the star of the post. Despite her being portrayed as a whiny, crybaby in the anime, the manga she was a little more reserved. To see her like this in manga, it's nice because it's the Usagi/Serena I know, as I didn't get familiar with the mangas until much later in life. (still trying to collect them too.) :apple:

Goddammit
12-13-2021, 04:45 PM
next question ... is it on NETFLIX? (anime post 5)

I believe it is, yes

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-13-2021, 06:00 PM
I know it probably has nothing to do with it, but here is my favorite Baka-related stuff (ofc it's Starlight what did you think).
Hikari, calling her childhood friend Karen, "Bakkaren" (or Karenitwit?)

Cat Purrson
12-13-2021, 06:10 PM
Or maybe it could be related to a story of something stupid you did like nattiee was suggesting. So here goes...

I just moved to a new state recently and was trying out a new hair salon and talking to the lady washing my hair.
She asked "so how did you come across this shit hole"
To which I replied "Oh you know I just live down the street and noticed this place while eating at a restaurant next door"
She cuts me off and says "No, I meant this city"
I felt like a fucking idiot because I low-key just dissed her salon lmfao. I'm such a baka

Cinnamoroll
12-13-2021, 07:15 PM

LOL like I feel like we just cannot figure it out but it’s probably easier than we think and Flor is just SMH to all of us

Flordibel
12-13-2021, 07:25 PM

LOL like I feel like we just cannot figure it out but it’s probably easier than we think and Flor is just SMH to all of us

I've given you two hints today; perhaps more will come tomorrow, WHO KNOWS

Cinnamoroll
12-13-2021, 07:27 PM
skskskskskskksksks I’m just buggin ya. We will figure it out eventually, possibly maybe? LOL

Buizel
12-13-2021, 07:29 PM
I'm laughing because Monokuma really did drop hints like this in Danganronpa and everyone was still like ???

Erik.
12-13-2021, 07:44 PM
Oh please don't let Monokuma be a hint because that could mean SO many things.

Could the userbar have something to do with the Baka Mitai meme? Using an anime or manga character's face with a deep fake program to let them sing "baka mitai"? ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) Isn't that way too farfetched?

Flordibel
12-13-2021, 08:15 PM
I'm laughing because Monokuma really did drop hints like this in Danganronpa and everyone was still like ???

There's little evidence to prove that I am not Monokuma irl

Buizel
12-13-2021, 09:54 PM
Has a video been posted of someone saying fool/baka yet? If not, here's a mini one from Excalibur (english dub) :

xChoppie
12-13-2021, 11:11 PM
A catchy baka song~ B)

Stardust
12-14-2021, 12:04 AM
While we're on the topic of baka songs.. here's a classic ;)

Hollow
12-14-2021, 04:19 AM
Oh please don't let Monokuma be a hint because that could mean SO many things.

Could the userbar have something to do with the Baka Mitai meme? Using an anime or manga character's face with a deep fake program to let them sing "baka mitai"? ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) Isn't that way too farfetched?

So I looked that up and came across this?

I have so many questions lol Maybe this has something to do with unlocking it xD

Hollow
12-14-2021, 08:27 AM

Also not sure if this counts but Killer Bee rapping "Bakayaro, konoyaro!" lol

starsandmoon
12-14-2021, 12:22 PM
I saw the title of this thread and all I can think of is the TikTok sound "you kinda smell like a baka... eren yeager" hahahah

Alister
12-14-2021, 01:21 PM
if Bakamitai is somehow tied to getting this UB I'm going to lose my shit. Yakuza is one of my absolute favorite franchises ever.

just in case

and just for fun, my favorite video where Bakamitai gets used

LibraryFaerie
12-14-2021, 01:50 PM
if Bakamitai is somehow tied to getting this UB I'm going to lose my shit. Yakuza is one of my absolute favorite franchises ever.

just in case

and just for fun, my favorite video where Bakamitai gets used

So I only just discovered Yakuza a few months ago (Like a Dragron) and I can't believe I've lived so long without this game! I only tried karaoke once though, I was terrible lol

Alister
12-14-2021, 02:33 PM
LibraryFaerie I started from Yakuza 0 last year and am working my way up to Like A Dragon so we're at opposite ends of the franchise right now, I'm just about to start Yakuza 3 :) I had a friend spend literal years bugging me to give Y0 a try and I'm so glad the pandemic gave me the free time and the stir craziness to finally do it. I hear Like A Dragon is fantastic so I'm super excited to get there eventually.

I read that there's a spoof of Pokemon built into Like A Dragon where you have to collect different gangsters and every time I think of that it makes me laugh

LibraryFaerie
12-14-2021, 03:53 PM
Alister I used the pandemic to get fully immersed into the Borderlands series haha. I read a review on Kotaku that raved about one of the minigames in Like a Dragon and I'm a sucker for minigames which is why I got into it (and it was as great as they reviewed)! But yes the collect a gangster feature is hilarious. I'm hoping to start over soon with Yakuza 0 now that it's getting cold and into hibernation season where I live.

Cinderella
12-14-2021, 07:42 PM
I believe it is, yes

amazing, thanks!

Buizel
12-14-2021, 11:20 PM
Can I ask if we're on the right track manga-panel wise in regards to unlocking the UB? :o So we can try to focus on that avenue over videos and anime scenes if it doesn't spoil or give it away or anything lol.

Cat Purrson
12-14-2021, 11:49 PM
Alister I used the pandemic to get fully immersed into the Borderlands series haha. I read a review on Kotaku that raved about one of the minigames in Like a Dragon and I'm a sucker for minigames which is why I got into it (and it was as great as they reviewed)! But yes the collect a gangster feature is hilarious. I'm hoping to start over soon with Yakuza 0 now that it's getting cold and into hibernation season where I live.

I love Borderlands!!

LibraryFaerie
12-15-2021, 08:00 AM
I love Borderlands!!

YES!!!!! It was the first game in long time I could play until 4am or until my eyes were dried into raisins - whichever came first haha

(sorry for high-jacking the Baka thread with video game talk! I promise to contribute constructively soon :) )

Flordibel
12-15-2021, 10:34 AM
Can I ask if we're on the right track manga-panel wise in regards to unlocking the UB? :o So we can try to focus on that avenue over videos and anime scenes if it doesn't spoil or give it away or anything lol.

Y'all are thinking too hard! It's not about manga, though manga discussions are always welcome.

Alister
12-15-2021, 10:49 AM

I also swear I'll stop spamming the thread about video games but I never get to talk to people about Yakuza lol

Yakuza 0 absolutely has my absolute favorite mini game ever, I'm excited for you to get to try it! You get to run a hostess night club and it's an an absurd amount of dumb fun lol. Y0 chapters switch between between Kiryu and Majima being the playable character. One of the Kiryu chapters ended on a huge cliffhanger and I was like "ALRIGHT I'M JUST GONNA BLOW THROUGH ALL THE MAIN PLOT IN THIS MAJIMA CHAPTER TO GET BACK TO KIRYU" then proceeded to dress my club girls up and do their hair and makeup for five straight hours before ever getting back to doing a real mission

to keep marginally on topic, i-it's not as if I like all you cKers or anything !! :mad:

Buizel
12-15-2021, 11:42 AM
Ohh ok then maybe posting about someone or something we think is idiotic then based on what baka roughly means?

Whoever approved for NFTs to be advertised and sold on a children's site with the atrocious staff that belittled us all the way through only for it to amount to nothing overall are bakas/idiots. Yes, I'm still not over this lol

xChoppie
12-15-2021, 11:42 AM
What about typing it out in Jap (doubt it's this simple though) but anyway ばかばかばかばか. :D

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-15-2021, 11:53 AM
Of course we are thinking too hard about it, userbars unlocking is hard! lmao
maybe we need to put the word baka in our signature and then post?

Hollow
12-15-2021, 12:12 PM
Of course we are thinking too hard about it, userbars unlocking is hard! lmao
maybe we need to put the word baka in our signature and then post?

What if we need to comment the word "baka" on other users pages? Like you know how we got the friends themed user bar and the way to get it was to post on user's pages as long as they were on our friends list? Or am I over thinking this? xD

Or maybe we need a to have "baka" in a sentence when we post.

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-15-2021, 12:20 PM
What if we need to comment the word "baka" on other users pages? Like you know how we got the friends themed user bar and the way to get it was to post on user's pages as long as they were on our friends list? Or am I over thinking this? xD

Or maybe we need a to have "baka" in a sentence when we post.

I tried the user page comment as well on Brittany 's page! I don't think it worked though
We really have no clue, aside from stuff it's not related too :onthego:

Buizel
12-15-2021, 12:30 PM
Loved the message TsUNaMy WaVe but sadly it didn't work haha :cold:

maybe an emoticon?

(ꐦ ಠ皿ಠ ) baka!

Hollow
12-15-2021, 04:08 PM
Maybe we have to tell a story about something that would meet the requirements of being a "baka"? I mean I have plenty of those xD

honeycomb
12-15-2021, 05:30 PM
me as a very casual anime enjoyer not having a single clue or inkling on wtf is happening watching y'all come up with every theory under the sun when im just hard focused on the cryptic monokuma flordibel posted

kittyray
12-15-2021, 05:49 PM
me as a very casual anime enjoyer not having a single clue or inkling on wtf is happening watching y'all come up with every theory under the sun when im just hard focused on the cryptic monokuma flordibel posted

me, who hasn't regularly watched anime since adolescence and doesn't know who a "monokuma" is but my brain is trying to connect it to things I do know:

Buizel
12-15-2021, 07:13 PM
Maybe it's quote related like some other UBs?

Hollow
12-15-2021, 07:15 PM
me, who hasn't regularly watched anime since adolescence and doesn't know who a "monokuma" is but my brain is trying to connect it to things I do know:

Joining in because I'm sad that I still haven't figured it out how to unlock the userbar yet xD

Flordibel
12-15-2021, 07:30 PM
I did set the requirements for this userbar to be a little more difficult than most. It's meant to be a fun journey, not a gimme gimme! Y'all are doing great, and I'm heartened to see how much work you're putting into this. :D

Hollow
12-15-2021, 07:48 PM
I did set the requirements for this userbar to be a little more difficult than most. It's meant to be a fun journey, not a gimme gimme! Y'all are doing great, and I'm heartened to see how much work you're putting into this. :D

I'm enjoying this userbar hunt, it's going to be so worth unlocking it :D I know we can do it everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's quote related like some other UBs?

Oh! That reminds me of the little quote/poem we had to comment for the rose garden scene for the Ryus! :0 Maybe we have to quote an iconic sentence from Danganronpa, if this is linked to Monokuma in some way?

Buizel
12-15-2021, 07:52 PM
Hmm but quoting Monokuma does somewhat spoil the game in a way haha. But specifically with his voice, his popular lines are probably his laugh "Puhuhu" or "It's punishment time!" He doesn't usually insult the characters in game, moreso, they stay pissed at him lol.

Tell them Naegi

Hollow
12-15-2021, 07:55 PM
Good point! I wonder how heavily we need to reference Monokuma, or if there's any references to him or the anime/manga :0

Buizel
12-15-2021, 08:01 PM
Ohh when angry and calling someone dumb over text maybe our font matters?

YOU IDIOT

at no one specific just trying sorry :cold:

xChoppie
12-15-2021, 08:25 PM
Just wondering..
Flordibel said "It's meant to be a fun journey, not a gimme gimme", does it mean there are a few criterias to unlock the UB?

Cat Purrson
12-15-2021, 08:41 PM
Joining in because I'm sad that I still haven't figured it out how to unlock the userbar yet xD

Plot twist: We are all bakas

Hollow
12-15-2021, 08:52 PM
Plot twist: We are all bakas

The realisation has just kicked in for me lol

Ice
12-15-2021, 09:04 PM
Tch a new userbar...? It's not even that great looking... you're all just making giant fools of yourselves by getting all riled up about it. It's not that special! Definitely not like I want it or anything... hmph! >:T

xmilo
12-15-2021, 09:29 PM
perhaps it's to say baka in various languages. it's a looooooooooong journey.

but that's just me being a baka. ._.

ばか! バカ! baka!

Buizel
12-15-2021, 10:52 PM
Just updated the main post to add some of Flor's hints so far! :)

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

(sorry for double posting)

Staring at the userbar, since there's two speech bubbles, maybe it does involve 2 people interacting with each other? Kind of like Tsunamy Wave's idea earlier with posting on my VM board. :o

Also, it just dawned on me that since it's not related to manga/anime, this board is in the wrong section probably lol

kittyray
12-15-2021, 10:57 PM
I think Flor said it's not about Manga, but never said it's not about Anime, so I think we're still good to have it here?

Flordibel
12-15-2021, 11:05 PM

:D

Buizel
12-15-2021, 11:06 PM
Oh thank you both! Gonna go update the main post again then. :)

Cinnamoroll
12-15-2021, 11:43 PM
What if we share some funny moments from our favourite anime??

Cat Purrson
12-15-2021, 11:53 PM
It may just be related to posting in the anime threads then like the music userbar. Maybe we just discuss our favorite animes?

Buizel
12-15-2021, 11:56 PM
I think I posted a dubbed version of someone saying baka, but just in case, here's an anime saying it in japanese:

xChoppie
12-16-2021, 03:41 AM
Compilation of Killua's "baka" <3 !

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-16-2021, 04:38 AM
We got some more clues but I think I got more confused lmao.
Silly idea - put subs over an anime baka scene to make it funnier, maybe adding something ck related?

Hollow
12-16-2021, 06:22 AM
What if we share some funny moments from our favourite anime??

If that's the case then I can share this!

Hiyori slaps Shinji with a slipper because he's being a baka

And this because it had me creasing lol

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Also this scene, Renji calls Ichigo a baka for throwing Rukia at him xD

Harvest Goddess
12-16-2021, 09:53 AM
As someone who watches anime every weekend, im amazed I still don’t have this UB

Im trying to think of my favorite anime Baka moments

honeycomb
12-16-2021, 12:00 PM
honestly maybe it is similar to the music lovers userbar and its just. consistent talk about anime? but maybe with a fun LITTLE TWIST? maybe? POTENTIALLY?
idk i was so hard focused on monokuma only for it to be revealed it was a red herring all along... time to cry into junko's arms

LibraryFaerie
12-16-2021, 12:27 PM
I was thinking something along the lines of music lovers too! I just hadn't had a chance to read through the thread and see if it had been suggested yet :)

It's hard to pick just one favorite anime, but I can share A favorite scene from A favorite anime! Any Samurai Champloo fans? I typically watch anime based on cuteness factors but I loved the story and character journey of this one. My favorite scene is probably this one: they are getting ready to fight but the marijuana field they're standing in starts to burn, and then things start changing rapidly

ETA - to keep in line with Baka thoughts - there's really only three characters in Samurai Champloo so if I had to assign one the baka archetype it'd probably be Mugen

Hollow
12-16-2021, 01:52 PM
honestly maybe it is similar to the music lovers userbar and its just. consistent talk about anime? but maybe with a fun LITTLE TWIST? maybe? POTENTIALLY?
idk i was so hard focused on monokuma only for it to be revealed it was a red herring all along... time to cry into junko's arms

Which makes me wonder if the UB is related to the word "baka" at all? :0 I think the idea of just talking about anime or posting anime related videos (that may or may not relate to "baka") to the thread could be it? There could be a count for posts we need to hit like the music UB?

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking something along the lines of music lovers too! I just hadn't had a chance to read through the thread and see if it had been suggested yet :)

It's hard to pick just one favorite anime, but I can share A favorite scene from A favorite anime! Any Samurai Champloo fans? I typically watch anime based on cuteness factors but I loved the story and character journey of this one. My favorite scene is probably this one: they are getting ready to fight but the marijuana field they're standing in starts to burn, and then things start changing rapidly

ETA - to keep in line with Baka thoughts - there's really only three characters in Samurai Champloo so if I had to assign one the baka archetype it'd probably be Mugen

I LOVED Samurai Chumploo. I really liked the episode where Jin helps the lady that had to become an oiran (I think it was? She was in the brothel).

If I had to pick a favourite anime it would be Bleach, the news for the anime coming back came out yesterday! OCTOBER 2022 LET'S GOOOOOO! The excitement is unreal, I've been waiting years for this!

JoJo's is a close second for me, I love all the references and memes lol. Then it's Blue Exorcist and Noragami :)

Buizel
12-16-2021, 07:18 PM
We got some more clues but I think I got more confused lmao.
Silly idea - put subs over an anime baka scene to make it funnier, maybe adding something ck related?

Bakauserbar ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Hollow
12-16-2021, 07:50 PM

Haha this is actually brilliant!

xChoppie
12-16-2021, 08:24 PM

Love this! I play ace attorney too! :D

Hollow
12-16-2021, 08:41 PM
Okay so I felt compelled to do something similar lol.

Here's JoJo's Bizarre Baka Userbar Adventure

Enjoy!

Cinderella
12-17-2021, 12:30 AM
Ahh no luck as yet? we are all Baka then .... hahaha

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-17-2021, 05:29 AM

LMAO this is amazing

Hollow
12-17-2021, 07:43 PM
Okay I may be having way too much fun with the anime edits.

Aizen wants the Baka userbar.

This may contain Bleach anime spoilers (end of the anime)!

Cinderella
12-17-2021, 09:47 PM
I still think it could be related to anime posts.... hopefully ..

Buizel
12-18-2021, 01:52 AM
Angry (and cute) moment in anime?

Cat Purrson
12-18-2021, 02:17 AM
One of my favorite scenes from MHA

Hollow
12-18-2021, 09:02 AM
I know I posted this on another thread I made but I'm so excited for the BLEACH ANIME RETURN! AHHH!

Buizel
12-18-2021, 06:14 PM
I know I posted this on another thread I made but I'm so excited for the BLEACH ANIME RETURN! AHHH!

Hollow
12-18-2021, 07:29 PM

It's so truuuueee ;O;

*Hoping for Kubo to update the Hell Arc because it has so much potential*

Zenitsu
12-18-2021, 07:46 PM

Did it work? Did I get the userbar? Please? ._.

Hollow
12-18-2021, 08:38 PM
What if we have to post a screenshot or a scene of when a character says "baka" or does something silly? What if it has nothing to do with posting anime videos or photos? I might be over thinking this xD

Maybe I'm being a baka sandwich!

Zenitsu
12-18-2021, 08:51 PM
What if we have to post a screenshot or a scene of when a character says "baka" or does something silly? What if it has nothing to do with posting anime videos or photos? I might be over thinking this xD

Maybe I'm being a baka sandwich!

lmao! You killed me with 'baka sandwich' x'D

Hollow
12-18-2021, 09:08 PM
lmao! You killed me with 'baka sandwich' x'D

Ahahaha glad it made you laugh xD

Also fixed it x'D

- - - Updated - - -

Made it better xD

Buizel
12-19-2021, 08:12 PM
I am back with more anime clips to hopefully get closer to that user bar ;o; here's more arguing from a series I'm currently obsessing over lol

Cinnamoroll
12-19-2021, 08:16 PM
I am beginning to think this has nothing to do with the word "baka" LOL

I just am surprised no one has figured it out yet! :(

xChoppie
12-19-2021, 10:56 PM
Cute name introduction from Gakuen Babysitters!

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-20-2021, 03:05 AM
We need another hint (':

LibraryFaerie
12-20-2021, 09:36 AM
I'm still running with the idea that it's like the music lovers userbar. Did we every figure out how many posts/videos we needed to share before unlocking that one?

Afro Samurai has one of the best soundtracks to any anime I've ever watched. I actually listened to soundtrack extensively before watching the anime. I highly recommend both (I especially recommend the soundtrack to any Wu Tang fans, it was put together by RZA) Here's a really cool scene from that anime (which features barely any music, go figure).

Flordibel
12-20-2021, 11:23 AM
Perhaps it would be beneficial to track what you've tried that has not worked so that you can more easily narrow down what may work!

Buizel
12-20-2021, 11:50 AM
Perhaps it would be beneficial to track what you've tried that has not worked so that you can more easily narrow down what may work!

Ohh good idea! I'm at work right now, but when it slows down a bit, I'll go through each page to track this info and update the main post with it. :)

Hollow
12-20-2021, 12:19 PM
Good point!

- Anime videos & anime video edits haven't worked
- Posting manga panels haven't worked
- Posting things regarding the word "baka" hasn't worked
- Tsunderes hasn't worked
- Anything regarding creating art/manga panels isn't it either

Anything else we missed? :0

I reckon it's probably a lot more simpler than we think it is. We might be over complicating it a bit? :0

Edit - I almost feel like we need to be more active on the anime section to unlock it? It may be a similar method to the music userbar as mentioned previously?

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-20-2021, 04:45 PM
Good point!

I reckon it's probably a lot more simpler than we think it is. We might be over complicating it a bit? :0

Edit - I almost feel like we need to be more active on the anime section to unlock it? It may be a similar method to the music userbar as mentioned previously?

If it's really the case, I wouldn't be surprised if Bat turned off the counter for it in this thread lol.

Buizel
12-20-2021, 05:48 PM
Updated the main post with a good chunk of what has not worked so far. :)

Buizel
12-20-2021, 11:29 PM
So anime videos aren't working, but I think in the list made, we haven't posted a gif of an anime yet?

Here's one of anger:

xChoppie
12-21-2021, 12:38 AM
Luffy!

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-21-2021, 03:45 AM
Bananice!

Erik.
12-21-2021, 07:34 AM
Good point!

I think so too. In the end, that's the simplest answer.

Edit: also because "baka" is so random.

LibraryFaerie
12-21-2021, 07:36 AM

One punch man is all of us waking up when we forget to check our Ryus.

Hollow
12-21-2021, 09:08 AM
Anime gifs? I like that idea! YES! Jotaro agrees xD

*Shamelessly throwing in a JoJo gif

Buizel
12-21-2021, 11:37 PM
back at it again at krispy kreme

Emotional moment in an anime?

Ariealle
12-22-2021, 07:23 AM
back at it again at krispy kreme

Emotional moment in an anime?

I wanted to cry with them. such a calm time.

Hollow
12-23-2021, 09:34 AM
Hmmm still nothing yet? Maybe we need another hint?

Is there a JoJo's reference I need to throw in to figure out how to get the ub? xD

Buizel
12-30-2021, 12:47 AM
Whoops I've been away from this due to work lmao

Coulf Flor-sama bless us with a new years hint? :listening_headphone

Cinnamoroll
12-30-2021, 02:09 AM
Me, starting Nekopara and now wishing I was a cat girl myself LOL

Cinderella
12-30-2021, 02:15 AM
I think we do need a hint. I mean, this IS technically an anime thread that we are in :)

phantasia
12-30-2021, 02:23 AM
Ai guys I hope you figure out this one soon. Maybe the baka is not even active.

Hollow
12-30-2021, 07:21 AM
I've been thinking about this for the past week, the only thing I can think of as probably being more active around the anime forums? I'm still stumped tbh xD

Lilac Tentacles
12-30-2021, 10:36 AM
I had to Google what baka was... Does that make me a baka?

Flordibel
12-30-2021, 01:14 PM
Hint: it's active and will be awarded when the criteria are met :P

Additional info: You don't need to know anything special about JJBA or any other anime to unlock it. <3

That's the final hint! I'm okay with this one being an unknowable mystery, though I appreciate that it may frustrate you. I kind of want it to! >:}

Hollow
12-30-2021, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the hint! We'll keep trying to figure it out :D

What if... We need to show our anger because it's got the angry little red icon on the ub?!
Maybe we gotta post something that annoyed us?

Mine's super petty but I'm still annoyed that Ichigo and Rukia never got together at the end of Bleach *YES I'M STILL MAD ABOUT THAT.*

Cat Purrson
12-30-2021, 05:11 PM
Whoops I've been away from this due to work lmao

Coulf Flor-sama bless us with a new years hint? :listening_headphone

New year, new hint?

Da Plushee Boree
12-30-2021, 05:49 PM
Me coming back to life just to try to be helpful on this thread:

༼ง=ಠ益ಠ=༽ง

*runs*
(?)

Cinnamoroll
12-30-2021, 06:09 PM
(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

me not being able to figure out how to unlock this thing

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-30-2021, 06:30 PM
I still think that the awarding mechanism might be off for this thread specifically lmao

Zenitsu
12-30-2021, 06:34 PM
This is literally us:

ლ(✧ω✧ლ)

Hollow
12-30-2021, 07:29 PM
This is literally us:

ლ(✧ω✧ლ)

Okay that had me creasing lmao. Brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

Zenitsu
12-31-2021, 09:46 AM
._.

Zenitsu
12-31-2021, 08:05 PM
I think Flordibel would literally kill me if I actually stole it. Better not risk it for biscuits! T_T' *gentle crying*

Buizel
01-01-2022, 06:54 AM
Just posting to update the main post a bit! :)

Thanks for another hint Flordibel, you taunt us so lol :peaceful:

Hollow
01-01-2022, 02:12 PM
I think Flordibel would literally kill me if I actually stole it. Better not risk it for biscuits! T_T' *gentle crying*

That would look so cool with an anime/manga ub theme :0 goes well with your set up! Hopefully we figure out how to unlock it soon!

Zenitsu
01-01-2022, 04:05 PM
That would look so cool with an anime/manga ub theme :0 goes well with your set up! Hopefully we figure out how to unlock it soon!

Thank you, Hollow! I hope so too u.u

Buizel
01-01-2022, 04:45 PM
Maybe we can try another group effort? For the next page, let's all just use that page to say "Baka" only in our posts. If anyone wants to try it haha

Hollow
01-01-2022, 04:48 PM
Maybe we can try another group effort? For the next page, let's all just use that page to say "Baka" only in our posts. If anyone wants to try it haha

Oooh I like this idea. So we would have the word "baka" in a sentence?

Buizel
01-01-2022, 05:47 PM
Oooh I like this idea. So we would have the word "baka" in a sentence?

I was thinking we would just have the word "Baka" for the entire post. :) So not a sentence really, but I wonder if just that word would be too short to post hmm

Cinnamoroll
01-01-2022, 06:17 PM
You can’t post only the word baka. It’s too short
Something tells me the UB has nothing to do with the word baka for some reason.

Zenitsu
01-01-2022, 06:27 PM
Please don't mind me!

THIS IS A TEST

BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABA KABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA

radius
01-01-2022, 10:57 PM
Baka Baka Baka Baka :S

Okay, but seriously... if you don't have to know anime/manga, could it be related to Among Us?
I think "sussy baka" got popularized from people using it in-game.

Cinderella
01-02-2022, 01:07 AM
wlling to try anything .. totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro totoro

Hollow
01-02-2022, 04:08 AM
Zenitsu did... Did it work yet? D:

I'm guessing posting baka hasn't unlocked the ub yet, hmmm.

Zenitsu
01-02-2022, 09:39 AM
Didn't work :(

Hollow
01-02-2022, 10:48 AM
Didn't work :(

Dang, I feel like I'm running out of ideas xD I do like the among us theory though, but I wonder how that would correlate to anime/manga? Which is now making me wonder if unlocking the ub has anything to do with anime/manga at all :0

Dun dun DUNNN

TsUNaMy WaVe
01-02-2022, 12:41 PM
I never played among us and I have 0 knowledge about it aside from memes, so if it's related to that then I'm stumped lol

Buizel
01-02-2022, 01:06 PM
I don't think it'd be related to Among Us since one of the hints did state it is related to anime and Among Us isn't an anime. I also think the last hint maybe meant we don't need to know like a popular phrase/scene from a specific anime to unlock it. :o

For example, a lot of people see the word baka and possibly auto think to anime as opposed to the word being linked to a specific anime (or at least I auto went to anime because I watch too much of it lmaooo ).

Flordibel
01-02-2022, 01:52 PM
It isn't about posting the word "baka," it isn't about Among Us, and it isn't about a specific anime.

Considering this thread did not exist when the criteria were put in place, it's likely that anything you post in this thread specifically won't be useful in unlocking the userbar. :P

Zenitsu
01-02-2022, 09:02 PM

This is all I could think of while reading this. haha! Thanks for the hint, Flordibel

Edit:

By the way, I also have a conspiracy to offer! Recently, Joe created a board talking about anime art styles! Do you think it has anything to do with that?

TsUNaMy WaVe
01-03-2022, 02:57 AM
I KNEW IT!!!
But we are still stuck aren't we lol

Hollow
01-03-2022, 05:47 AM
Somehow, I had a feeling this was the case xD

Maybe we should do another brainstorm to narrow down what's not worked and what could work to unlocking the ub?

Zenitsu
01-10-2022, 12:07 PM

Hollow
01-10-2022, 03:24 PM

Us still trying to figure out how to unlock the UB one week later like:

Don't give up everyone, we can do this ;u;

oxylolyn
01-21-2022, 02:19 AM
Random Theory, but I did a little searching, and mind you this is the first time I've been to this thread but that UB is super cool and I do want it so I did some digging. Flordibel did mention the requirements were put in place before this board was made.

I did a little research one what Baka was (Mind you I don't watch anime/manga) so I wasn't 100% sure what the actual meaning of it was other than seeing a lot of TikTok's using the word/phrases with "baka" in it.

Based on both the Dictionary and the Urban Dictionary the word baka has the following meaning:
Dictionary: Anta baka? What are you, stupid?

Baka is a Japanese word that means “crazy,” “foolish,” or downright “stupid.” It can also be used as a noun for “a fool” or “a crazy or stupid person.” Anime and manga fans in the West have adopted the use of baka as a (usually joking) insult.

Urban Dictionary: Japanese word "Baka" means idiot, fool and stupid, everything along those lines. every other definition people are using the sentences with english.

Now it may not seem like that gives a lot but commonly it means foolish/fool, crazy, downright stupid.

So what is my theory?

I haven't tried or looked into it, but I did use the search bar for each of the above words. Every time you type one of those words, the first topic that shows up is: "Who or what about Neopets gets under your skin?" - This includes just searching the word baka. Well commonly something that gets under somebody's skin is somebody that is foolish, stupid, crazy, or downright stupid, right? I then searched that specific thread, and noticed that Flordibel had said the following:
"If God said "Watch Hunter x Hunter" I'd be forced to tell God, "Way ahead of you, baka, Kite deserved better"

Mind you, she posted this back on 9/22/2020. Probably some time before the UB was released, so not sure if related, but perhaps in some way shape or form, that specific forum topic has something to do with this UB?

I'll be honest, I didn't go back and read all the pages here, so not sure if this has already been pointed out, and if it has, I do apologize.

Orbit
01-21-2022, 02:45 AM
so y’all are baka at it again? :rolleyes:

Cinderella
01-21-2022, 02:54 AM
Maybe it's given out for posting on April fools day :P

TsUNaMy WaVe
01-21-2022, 05:50 AM
Random Theory, but I did a little searching, and mind you this is the first time I've been to this thread but that UB is super cool and I do want it so I did some digging. Flordibel did mention the requirements were put in place before this board was made.

I did a little research one what Baka was (Mind you I don't watch anime/manga) so I wasn't 100% sure what the actual meaning of it was other than seeing a lot of TikTok's using the word/phrases with "baka" in it.

Based on both the Dictionary and the Urban Dictionary the word baka has the following meaning:
Dictionary: Anta baka? What are you, stupid?

Baka is a Japanese word that means “crazy,” “foolish,” or downright “stupid.” It can also be used as a noun for “a fool” or “a crazy or stupid person.” Anime and manga fans in the West have adopted the use of baka as a (usually joking) insult.

Urban Dictionary: Japanese word "Baka" means idiot, fool and stupid, everything along those lines. every other definition people are using the sentences with english.

Now it may not seem like that gives a lot but commonly it means foolish/fool, crazy, downright stupid.

So what is my theory?

I haven't tried or looked into it, but I did use the search bar for each of the above words. Every time you type one of those words, the first topic that shows up is: "Who or what about Neopets gets under your skin?" - This includes just searching the word baka. Well commonly something that gets under somebody's skin is somebody that is foolish, stupid, crazy, or downright stupid, right? I then searched that specific thread, and noticed that Flordibel had said the following:
"If God said "Watch Hunter x Hunter" I'd be forced to tell God, "Way ahead of you, baka, Kite deserved better"

Mind you, she posted this back on 9/22/2020. Probably some time before the UB was released, so not sure if related, but perhaps in some way shape or form, that specific forum topic has something to do with this UB?

I'll be honest, I didn't go back and read all the pages here, so not sure if this has already been pointed out, and if it has, I do apologize.

It's a very cool theory and I love your thinking!
The only problem I see with it is that... the staff mentioned more than once how the UYS thread is negative, and how posting in it doesn't count as a contribution at all. So personally, I don't think they will tie a userbar to it.

Hollow
01-22-2022, 03:35 PM
I get the feeling the ub is connected to the "what's our favourite anime art style" topic, but that's just a hunch. I think perhaps being more active around the anime forum may be some way to unlocking it, and I still think as mentioned before that it may be a similar method like the music lover ub. Or it's just completely random xD

Cinnamoroll
01-29-2022, 01:31 AM
I get the feeling the ub is connected to the "what's our favourite anime art style" topic, but that's just a hunch. I think perhaps being more active around the anime forum may be some way to unlocking it, and I still think as mentioned before that it may be a similar method like the music lover ub. Or it's just completely random xD

I think it’s just being more active in this section in general!

Hollow
01-29-2022, 01:56 PM
I think it’s just being more active in this section in general!

I think so too! We're just going to have to be more active in the anime section and hope we unlock the ub soon!

Donatella Versace
02-25-2022, 08:50 PM
I see a few users have gotten it in this thread, any tips? I personally think it probably has to do with that new thread that jo3 posted about anime art styles?

Cinnamoroll
02-25-2022, 08:54 PM
I see a few users have gotten it in this thread, any tips? I personally think it probably has to do with that new thread that jo3 posted about anime art styles?

I think it’s being more active and posting meaningful/discussion based things in this section of the forum!

And I *think* TsUNaMy WaVe is the only one whose gotten it so far!

Donatella Versace
02-25-2022, 09:00 PM
That makes a lot of sense! I think the style it creates with the name is perfect! I love when we all put our heads together to figure stuff out. :D

Hollow
02-26-2022, 03:17 PM
I just wanted to re mention this but I really do think we just need to be more active on the anime section, maybe engage in more discussions around anime! I just got the ub now and I've been pretty active around the anime forums :)

Buizel
02-27-2022, 01:04 AM
Oh yay for others unlocking it! :$ I was actually thinking of making a new board soon about an anime topic but I need to check first to see if it hasn't been made in the past or anything. :)

Emerchy
04-20-2022, 03:57 PM
I just wanted to re mention this but I really do think we just need to be more active on the anime section, maybe engage in more discussions around anime! I just got the ub now and I've been pretty active around the anime forums :)

I'm so jealous :P At least trying to get this UB has given me quite a few anime recommendations haha I won't be short on series to watch for a while :)

Hollow
04-20-2022, 06:09 PM
I'm so jealous :P At least trying to get this UB has given me quite a few anime recommendations haha I won't be short on series to watch for a while :)

You'll get it! I'll be honest I really don't know what I did apart from being active around the anime section. I do really think engaging in anime based discussions will help though! Yeah exactly, you now have a list of cool anime to watch :D and I reckon that list will continue to grow xD

Emerchy
05-02-2022, 02:39 AM
Still trying to get this :'( It's a bit hard to be active in the Anime thread when there's so little activity there :P

TsUNaMy WaVe
05-02-2022, 02:53 AM
Still trying to get this :'( It's a bit hard to be active in the Anime thread when there's so little activity there :P

Yeah, that's kinda sad (even unrelated to the userbar). Most of the threads are like, question threads, so once you answer your opinion it rarely grows into a real discussion.
The only solution I can think of is having threads dedicated to specific shows, so the discussion will be more open/free. I tried it with the new running Digimon anime but it clearly failed lmao (I guess no one watches it besides me). But it might work with more popular shows? Though even then, if no one will post in them it won't be active.

Nattiee
05-02-2022, 03:33 PM
Yeah, that's kinda sad (even unrelated to the userbar). Most of the threads are like, question threads, so once you answer your opinion it rarely grows into a real discussion.
The only solution I can think of is having threads dedicated to specific shows, so the discussion will be more open/free. I tried it with the new running Digimon anime but it clearly failed lmao (I guess no one watches it besides me). But it might work with more popular shows? Though even then, if no one will post in them it won't be active.

This.
I wanted to ask if anyone knew about Gilgamesh and where I could find episodes of the "older version" (this is what I was told lol) but I hardly think it's worth creating a whole thread to get my answer and then have it die off.

Hollow
05-02-2022, 03:52 PM
It's a tricky one to solve as there isn't much info to it apart from being active in the anime section. I know that I spoke about the Bleach anime a lot and had created a thread about it too, not sure of this helps at all!

firedrops
05-02-2022, 08:29 PM
It's a tricky one to solve as there isn't much info to it apart from being active in the anime section. I know that I spoke about the Bleach anime a lot and had created a thread about it too, not sure of this helps at all!

If that is the case then it could be as easy as having x amount of posts in the sub or idk posting for a consecutive number of days. I'm tossing dumb ideas around.

DarkSkies
05-02-2022, 11:52 PM
I'm so behind on this one. My animeverse is not as wide but hopefully I can talk to you :p

Emerchy
05-03-2022, 03:00 AM
If that is the case then it could be as easy as having x amount of posts in the sub or idk posting for a consecutive number of days. I'm tossing dumb ideas around.

The hints that were given said it was made harder than the others UBs so just posting a certain number of times might be too easy? Consecutive number of days could be it? I thought it might have something to do with saying the word anime a bunch of times but that doesn't seem to be it :P

firedrops
05-03-2022, 03:57 AM
I'm so behind on this one. My animeverse is not as wide but hopefully I can talk to you :p

I kinda have been slacking with anime knowledge since I graduated high school. Mainly because once I entered university liking Anime suddenly became the worst thing you could do and you'd get memed on. But there were still groups of people that were into it but not as many.

The hints that were given said it was made harder than the others UBs so just posting a certain number of times might be too easy? Consecutive number of days could be it? I thought it might have something to do with saying the word anime a bunch of times but that doesn't seem to be it :P

I'm sure if a lot of us are active, one of us will hit the nail on the head at some point.

phantasia
05-03-2022, 03:58 AM
What if your profile pic need to be anime-based? Or is that one already tested and proven wrong with someone getting it without a Anime based Profile

Emerchy
05-03-2022, 04:14 AM
What if your profile pic need to be anime-based? Or is that one already tested and proven wrong with someone getting it without a Anime based Profile

I did consider that since Hollow and Tsunamy both have anime pics and they both have the UB but I think it's awarded automatically so how would it know? Surely you'd have to have someone manually check?

firedrops
05-03-2022, 04:29 AM
Anyone have any anime quotes on hand? Hahah... you don't think it'd be something like that would you all?

Emerchy
05-03-2022, 04:40 AM
Anyone have any anime quotes on hand? Hahah... you don't think it'd be something like that would you all?

Hmm, Flor has said "You don't need to know anything special about JJBA or any other anime to unlock it" so I doubt it :S

firedrops
05-03-2022, 05:03 AM
So... not the most honourable methods of trying to work it out but I stalked both Hollow and TsUNaMy WaVe's posts. I apologise in advance :(

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!

I couldn't find any other posts from them in the anime section so I'm assuming they got the UB from these two threads? What they seem to have in common is that they're both about upcoming/to be aired animes that they're both excited about. You can all feel free to analyse more about it though.

Edit: Apparently posts that aren't started by them don't show up in the search function so I guess the above is moot.

Emerchy
05-03-2022, 05:48 AM
So... not the most honourable methods of trying to work it out but I stalked both Hollow and TsUNaMy WaVe's posts. I apologise in advance :(

I couldn't find any other posts from them in the anime section so I'm assuming they got the UB from these two threads? What they seem to have in common is that they're both about upcoming/to be aired animes that they're both excited about. You can all feel free to analyse more about it though.

Edit: Apparently posts that aren't started by them don't show up in the search function so I guess the above is moot.

I've searched through their posts around the time they unlocked the UB too :P
If you go to the anime forum, click on search forum then click on advance you can put a username in, choose the anime forum then show results as posts you can find all posts by someone.

There doesn't seem to be any correlation, just genreal posting in the anime section :S

TsUNaMy WaVe
05-03-2022, 07:39 AM
I don't think it's related to starting a thread. It's true that I did open a thread but it was way before I got the userbar and as you can see no one else even replied lmao.

But I can say that during my time in ck I post quite a lot in the anime subforum (since anime is a subject very close to my heart and I actively watch shows etc). It might have been an accumulation of all of these posts.

Hollow
05-03-2022, 01:05 PM

Don't forget I posted mainly in my own Bleach thread :0 I love the dedication of looking through our posts though xD That must have taken ages! I also spoke about other manga/anime in the anime section, and engaged in discussions about which anime I was currently watching.

firedrops
05-03-2022, 10:38 PM
Could very well be mentioning the word "anime" an x amount of times. For all we talk about the topic no one really mentions the word all that much because it's substituted for the name of the anime. At least that's the only thing that really stood out about Hollow's posts. It's in nearly every post on the thread.

Emerchy
05-04-2022, 06:14 AM
Guyssss look omg!!!! <<<< I'm pretty sure it's to do with saying the word anime a bunch of times :D :D

phantasia
05-04-2022, 06:37 AM
Guyssss look omg!!!! <<<< I'm pretty sure it's to do with saying the word anime a bunch of times :D :D

WOW great congrats. Anything ells you did. If posting around on the Anime theme board is what you have to do I will probably just skip it. This is a very unpopular opinion here but I am not into anime. at all.

Emerchy
05-04-2022, 06:40 AM
WOW great congrats. Anything ells you did. If posting around on the Anime theme board is what you have to do I will probably just skip it. This is a very unpopular opinion here but I am not into anime. at all.

I got it with my last post on the 'which anime are you watching' thread, the only thing I specifically did was to make sure I included the word anime lol

firedrops
05-04-2022, 06:46 AM
Congrats Emerchy. Can't believe my stupid idea of saying anime over and over worked if that was the case smh.

TsUNaMy WaVe
05-04-2022, 07:04 AM

Congrats!
I'm still not sure if it's about the word itself, but maybe we should wait for Flordibel lol.

phantasia
05-04-2022, 07:04 AM
Congrats Emerchy. Can't believe my stupid idea of saying anime over and over worked if that was the case smh.

WEll she actualy only posted on the Anime threat 7 times as far as I can tell so I dont know. She might have been right and saying Anime was the thing that gave her the userbar?
Unless you have a better theory. I think since she posted only so few times (unless I search wrong) It reduces the probabilities. Of course it could be something completely different and not related to the Anime word orthread

Emerchy
05-04-2022, 07:20 AM
If it is that, I said anime ~15 times, but Flor did say it was a 'journey' or something similar so maybe it's a few different things and you have to do all of them? Such as posting so many times, starting a thread, etc.?

phantasia
05-04-2022, 07:22 AM
If it is that, I said anime ~15 times, but Flor did say it was a 'journey' or something similar so maybe it's a few different things and you have to do all of them? Such as posting so many times, starting a thread, etc.?

Ahe also mentioned going to see anime in the cinema so watching a movie. SO I dont know it might be something to do with that. I see she posted 31 times. I am not sure why the search just gave me 7 at first.
At least we have a lot more new clues? So good luck solving this Anime riddle.

Hollow
05-04-2022, 07:24 AM
Emerchy congrats! Glad to see someone else unlocking it here! :D

Emerchy
05-04-2022, 07:24 AM
Also, I don't think things posted in this thread count?

Hollow
05-04-2022, 07:25 AM
Not sure about that, my theory still stands that just being active in the anime section may help in unlocking it.

firedrops
05-04-2022, 07:33 AM
We're probably just trying too hard to find some correlation :) In theory, all the unlocks should have something in common but haha it's a head scratcher.

Cinnamoroll
05-04-2022, 08:12 AM
I don’t think it has anything to do with the word anime itself. I think it’s purely tied back to the activity in this form that you meaningfully contribute!

Hollow
05-04-2022, 08:15 AM
I agree, I suppose discussing an anime that means a lot to you in the anime section may help too :)

Flordibel
05-04-2022, 08:58 AM
Congrats!
I'm still not sure if it's about the word itself, but maybe we should wait for Flordibel lol.

how long are u willing to wait im taking this to my grave

phantasia
05-04-2022, 09:06 AM
We're probably just trying too hard to find some correlation :) In theory, all the unlocks should have something in common but haha it's a head scratcher.

What if it is mentioning like a few diffrent shows. They dont need to be in the same post. So if you recommend a Anime series on the one and then said you like a specific Anime on another post. That would mean there would be a list of Anime mentiones somewhere and you need to get a few of them? I dont really know I am grabbing at staws

- - - Updated - - -

how long are u willing to wait im taking this to my grave

Maybe just a hint?

Hollow
05-04-2022, 09:08 AM
There's been a lot of hints dropped in this thread, check the earlier posts :)

phantasia
05-04-2022, 09:25 AM
Maybe we should just put everything together and it might become clear?

Hints by Flordibel

3. It isn't about posting the word "baka," it isn't about Among Us, and it isn't about a specific anime.
4. You don't need to know anything special about JJBA or any other anime to unlock it.
5 It's meant to be a fun journey,
6 ????? There's little evidence to prove that I am not Monokuma irl???
7. Illustration is not a requirement to obtain the userbar
8. it's nothing to do with tsunderes

Is there anyone that got the userbar but has not created a treat in the Anime section. I mean there ight be multiple requirements and this might be one? Also you might need to also be active in the Anime section.

phantasia
05-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Really no clues on this so far anyone have an idea... anyone have more theories. What happened to everyone being very active and posiing on the Anime boards?
Now you leaving it up to me the one that know nothing about Anime

Dita
05-30-2022, 11:03 PM
I'm going to read through this thread to see what all your theories are about this anime user bar! I would love to try and help with this now that I'm active again and believe me I love anime more than life!

Kibba
05-31-2022, 10:51 AM
Gonna give this a try bout getting this userbar, BAKA is one of my favorite japanese words and whenever I hear it in anime it makes me laugh!

DarkSkies
05-31-2022, 11:36 AM
Really no clues on this so far anyone have an idea... anyone have more theories. What happened to everyone being very active and posiing on the Anime boards?
Now you leaving it up to me the one that know nothing about Anime

I feel your pain lol I mean I have seen some animes but not a lot.

I do remember collecting Sailor Moon stamps. Now waiting for the new arc on Netflix with Sailor Stars B)

phantasia
05-31-2022, 12:15 PM
Gonna give this a try bout getting this userbar, BAKA is one of my favorite japanese words and whenever I hear it in anime it makes me laugh!

What does Baka even mean?

Google said: Baka is a Japanese word that means “crazy,” “foolish,” or downright “stupid.” It can also be used as a noun for “a fool” or “a crazy or stupid

So I assume you would use it as a word to insult someone? Or would it be more like a soft insult like lovingly?

pillowfighter
05-31-2022, 12:33 PM
Hmmm reading through this thread trying to figure this one out. I want it so bad D:
I kinda think I know what to do but I’m unsure.
Thank you for the thread and for everyone’s sleuthing abilities! I hope we can all get it soon

Hollow
05-31-2022, 12:42 PM
I'm still going to go by my theory that being active in this forum is key. Engaging in anime based discussions may help. That's all I did before I got mine.