PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Downloads

Mikal
11-07-2021, 07:38 PM
Hey Everyone, something that I haven't done much of for the past few years is torrent downloads
I still use old proxy sites of piratebay and the like but the ones I use don't seem to have any newer content.
Seemed like there were alternatives to Torrents which were becoming more popular but I'm not really up to date on any of this
I mainly used these to download shows, movies and older games

If anyone could enlighten me on what methods/sites they use, I would appreciate it

DrSloth
11-07-2021, 08:20 PM
ive been struggling with that as well, i always go the route of searching 'movie name torrent download'on google, most sites are filled with ads, wrong download buttons and stuff like that but i eventually find one that works, but unfortunatelly i dont know a better adive but will keep an eye here to see if someone is able to help!

Cinnamoroll
11-07-2021, 10:15 PM
I will still use ThePirateBay and YIFY for torrenting. I’ve always been able to find what I’m looking for! I use UTorrent as my torrent client.

datalore
11-08-2021, 12:19 AM
I still use ThePirateBay as well and haven't had any issues finding what I want, but it's usually fairly recent and/or popular TV shows or movies. It can certainly be harder to find older or more obscure torrents...

It's sad that now there are so many streaming platforms that require you to pay for it that I'm also starting to resort to torrenting again. The only monopoly I've ever supported was the Netflix monopoly lol.

Cinnamoroll
11-09-2021, 12:13 AM
I still use ThePirateBay as well and haven't had any issues finding what I want, but it's usually fairly recent and/or popular TV shows or movies. It can certainly be harder to find older or more obscure torrents...

It's sad that now there are so many streaming platforms that require you to pay for it that I'm also starting to resort to torrenting again. The only monopoly I've ever supported was the Netflix monopoly lol.

YIFY is better for finding more “obscure” torrents in terms of movies I’ve found! TPB I find I’ve had better luck trying to find certain “older” movies though. It really does depend on what you’re looking for!

I do agree though, it’s so frustrating that streaming services are so heavily pushed nowadays. Especially when you search across multiple platforms and still can’t find that one movie, so you have to torrent it anyways LOL

Mikal
11-09-2021, 05:52 AM
So would it be safe to assume that torrenting is still the main method most people use?

Mama Bear
11-09-2021, 06:11 AM
So would it be safe to assume that torrenting is still the main method most people use?

It hasn't ventured there yet, but I will just remind to be cautious regarding conversations about illegal sharing of copyrighted materials. It's not recommended to discuss. Any links are definitely a no-go. :)

Synth Salazzle
11-11-2021, 10:33 PM
Careful with TPB. I got a copyright infringement letter from something I downloaded there recently. My own fault for not using a vpn for it though.

TsUNaMy WaVe
11-13-2021, 11:41 AM
Torrent is still my main go-to for pretty much everything (watching mostly anime is probably a big reason, but I use it for software and other kind of TV shows as well).
Another website I haven't seen mentioned is 1337x. It doesn't have everything but you can find there quite a lot.

Lucid Acid Dream
12-11-2021, 09:13 PM
I use 1337x be careful with the program downloads the moderation is not what it used to be. For movies and shows its great.

noobgirl4410
01-16-2022, 12:26 AM
I use utorrent to download stuffs, but sometimes there isnt enough seeds