PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing Happy Home Paradise Shouting Thread

kittyray
11-05-2021, 04:18 PM
omg, I do not have the brain to put together a proper discussion, but I took a lunch break for once and spent the entire time designing vacation homes for Eloise and Lucy and I am so excited and I love the freedom of designing rooms without needing to worry about tracking down the furniture (and paying for it) and god it's just great.

Come be excited with me!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Kylae
11-05-2021, 06:15 PM
Friga asked me for a room to watch movies in. =D

Druid
11-09-2021, 05:16 PM
I'm SO into this expansion, definitely gonna be neglecting my actual island for the foreseeable future. I may or may not have a procreate document open with images of all my faves so I can sort them into roommate pairs hahaha

I like that everyone starts with Eloise so we can see all the different takes on that prompt! Here's mine

I also did Lucy, but went for a more haunted vibe. Looking now none of my photos actually show her room very well, but I love the cinematic closeups in their little montages lol

New friend Cephalobot

Pekoe's is an assault of patterns atm

And then I unlocked dividers, so playing with multiple rooms a bit! Don't have a picture that shows Gloria's bedroom, but I wanna change some things anyway

Judy is my first invitee from my actual island. Also I'm obsessed with the bootleg Care Bear plushies obvi

And THEN the ultimate jackpot, unlocked roommates haha. Blanche is the first villager I chose, so she asked first which wasn't ideal because I didn't have anyone in mind for her (hence the birth of the aforementioned procreate doc). Ended up using Étoile's amiibo and I'm happy with it! Two cloud-like friends with French names.

Last pic for now - this reno is phoned in because I was falling asleep, need to actually make it bigger and give them a real bedroom (atm there's just a narrow hallway at the side with bunkbeds at the end haha). But the day I unlocked roommates Rolf was on the beach, and I'd already found Marlo, soooooo

Mob base now has some muscle

honeycomb
11-13-2021, 05:42 PM
i've been playing animal crossing NON STOP since the new update. the dlc has been everything, i spend so many hours just making houses every day lmao. i loved happy home designer so im so thrilled with this dlc!!

here's a few of my favorite houses i've done :love_heart:

kittyray
11-15-2021, 01:21 AM

Druid
11-15-2021, 05:28 PM
Uploaded some more! But then I also keep playing after going through screenshots so I'm constantly getting behind lol - even more to come after this and a few of these are already out of date, but still, some cute ones:

A messy lil artist loft for Hazel

Bakery for my one true love Merengue. I need to move Tia in with her too and expand - even with houses I know I'm gonna update almost right away I'm like pathologically incapable of just throwing stuff in and moving on? She needs to be comfortable for her one day alone ;-;

Cursed carnival energy for Peaches

Luxury hotel room for Zell - always torn between 'wide arial shot that actually shows the space' and 'close up because I caught the villager posing cute'

Speaking of close ups here's Chrissy dreaming of Francine (that was one of her mandatory items!! my heart can't take it). Need to upload more pictures because I found Zoe shortly after this and moved her in for an eternal pyjama party, so I'll post the updated space properly soon

And then speaking of roommates look at this match made in h̴̲̯̫̥̜͝e̸͚͉̤͖̻̹̓͊͆̑͝ͅa̶͖̾v ̶̢͙͙̝͓͉̈́̏ͅȅ̶̮̗̜͗͜͝n̶̢͈̤̑̏ ̢̞ - they have very different aesthetics so I left Cephalobot's ground floor as it was and made Coco an upstairs (which is pretty meh honestly, might play with it more once I unlock some more ruiny things)

Fairytale haven for Sherb

Last one for now - not sure going dark & modern was the best call for these two so I may go back and change things, but I love all the plants

Minerva
11-18-2021, 12:26 AM
Uploaded some more! But then I also keep playing after going through screenshots so I'm constantly getting behind lol - even more to come after this and a few of these are already out of date, but still, some cute ones:

A messy lil artist loft for Hazel

Bakery for my one true love Merengue. I need to move Tia in with her too and expand - even with houses I know I'm gonna update almost right away I'm like pathologically incapable of just throwing stuff in and moving on? She needs to be comfortable for her one day alone ;-;

Cursed carnival energy for Peaches

Luxury hotel room for Zell - always torn between 'wide arial shot that actually shows the space' and 'close up because I caught the villager posing cute'

Speaking of close ups here's Chrissy dreaming of Francine (that was one of her mandatory items!! my heart can't take it). Need to upload more pictures because I found Zoe shortly after this and moved her in for an eternal pyjama party, so I'll post the updated space properly soon

And then speaking of roommates look at this match made in h̴̲̯̫̥̜͝e̸͚͉̤͖̻̹̓͊͆̑͝ͅa̶͖̾v ̶̢͙͙̝͓͉̈́̏ͅȅ̶̮̗̜͗͜͝n̶̢͈̤̑̏ ̢̞ - they have very different aesthetics so I left Cephalobot's ground floor as it was and made Coco an upstairs (which is pretty meh honestly, might play with it more once I unlock some more ruiny things)

Fairytale haven for Sherb

Last one for now - not sure going dark & modern was the best call for these two so I may go back and change things, but I love all the plants

Oh my god these are amazing... are we even playing the same game? ;______;

kittyray
11-18-2021, 01:07 AM
I've been trying to pace myself and only do one a day.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

So right after I posted that I decided I'd do just one more for the evening and I honestly didn't feel super inspired by the theme/items (mostly just one of the required items clashed), but I did accidentally capture the transition and gave me a chuckle.

PrettyPink
11-18-2021, 06:41 AM
These are all so cute omg! I really am loving mob base. ;_;

- - - Updated - - -
Druid Your shots are so cinematic and gorgeous, I haven't played the game but are they in-game or edited?

Druid
11-18-2021, 01:08 PM
Oh my god these are amazing... are we even playing the same game? ;______;

These are all so cute omg! I really am loving mob base. ;_;

- - - Updated - - -
Druid Your shots are so cinematic and gorgeous, I haven't played the game but are they in-game or edited?

You guyssss my ego ;-; thanks so much!
They're not edited at all, I'm far too lazy for that. But I ammm super finicky with camera angles and spend an amount of time that's probably ridiculous trying to frame things just right haha

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Actually let's post some more now too!

Naomi was actually not on my list of who to take, & I had to reshuffle some roommate plans, but she made a request I couldn't say no to

Not crazy about how busy Marina's feels, but I was unwilling to compromise my pool flooring idea

..and with those two out of the way this becomes The Couples Edition lmao. First of all Tia has moved in with Merengue and all is well in the world. They have a rich and adorable history on my island so omg making them a shared home ;-;

Tammi is another long-time favourite and she and Shino are perfect for each other? And I'm obsessed with them. Actual interior photos in the spoiler because this other screenshot is just ;-;
Downstairs studio apartment to make space for upstairs spa

Speaking of Tammi & Shino here they are visiting my new apparel shop, Hot Topic. Muffy really has the employee eyeroll down
There was a lot to include so it makes it hard to show details without multiple photos
tfw too short to see over the cash register

Chrissy and Zoe both living in pyjamas inspired a slumber party vibe

Picking a roommate for Eloise had the challenge of making me excited about their house even though I don't especially care about Eloise, but Savannah solved everything
ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE PLAYGROUND VERSIONS OF THEMSELVES

Apple & Lily also get a spa

For some reason I absolutely could not stop taking photos of Bam and Bianca?
Liiiike look at their little spots omg
I'm particularly proud of squeezing two separate bedrooms in upstairs

& finally, rare exterior shot for Judy & Cleo because this carousel is everything
Inside isn't super different from when it was just Judy, but it is now called Care-a-Lot and my inner child is thrilled

[Only registered and activated users can see links] 28646dd0403b7_TTW_SX329_.jpg

kittyray
11-18-2021, 01:12 PM
omgggg Druid i'm so impressed, i feel so slacking

also that reminds me i need to get some more custom designs for these exteriors!

Druid
11-18-2021, 01:29 PM
omgggg Druid i'm so impressed, i feel so slacking

also that reminds me i need to get some more custom designs for these exteriors!

lmao okay but are you slacking or am I unhealthily obsessed?

Going through new custom designs is a whole thing I've been putting off too - it has come to my attention that the glow in the dark stickers can be custom which means fully custom wall tiles and I need to process that for a while haha. I've seen people doing such cool things turning all the outdoor scenery walls into windows and I am overwhelmed

honeycomb
11-18-2021, 02:44 PM
a few more of my builds!! i've loved making the facilities the most, so much fun seeing villagers hanging out in them ;;

and of course, bonus shot of marlo just Vibing

kittyray
11-18-2021, 03:08 PM
Really like yours, too honeycomb !

Charmander
11-19-2021, 10:50 AM
Shout out kittyray for this thread for us to share our holiday home designs! This is what I have so far! I will continue to update this as I get more photos and even do updates on my vacationer's homes! My goal is to have both inside and outside photos for each one!

Holiday Homes

[CENTER] Eloise's My Relaxing Reading Room

Willow's Home for a Coffee Lover

Alice's An Antique Cottage
Outside View Coming soon

Piper's A Smoothing Spa Site
Outside View Coming soon

Bruce's My Board Game Palace

Curt's A Painter's Retreat

Sprinkle's Castle of Cold

Erik's A Hut In The Mountains

Vesta's Home with a Fireplace

Lionel's Restroom Refuge

Sterling's Sci-fi Station

Octavian's A Window to the Sea

Kyle's A Home with Cool Lighting

Dotty's A Fair Floral Greenhouse

Facilities

School

Café

kittyray
11-19-2021, 10:55 AM
Aaaaah Great White North, thank you so much for sharing these!

Charmander
11-23-2021, 02:18 PM
I've been a busy bee and was able to do some more homes and facilities! I've updated my post to have them all with both inside and outside views too!

kittyray
12-14-2021, 01:22 AM
I learned about the accent wall balcony trick (and that you could use accent walls at all).

honeycomb
12-18-2021, 09:13 AM
accent walls are SUCH a game changer. i have so many builds i wanna use fake window stickers for

kittyray
12-18-2021, 12:22 PM
accent walls are SUCH a game changer. i have so many builds i wanna use fake window stickers for

I still need to unlock those stickers! Also look up how you unlock them because I don't remember!

SpongeBob
12-18-2021, 06:31 PM
Oh my gosh how come I didn't know about this board?!?!?! I love Animal Crossing.... I play it more than Neopets... holy cow I love all the pictures!!!

honeycomb
12-19-2021, 07:53 AM
I still need to unlock those stickers! Also look up how you unlock them because I don't remember!

i know they're a diy!! but i think certain villagers can unlock them in your dlc island too

kittyray
12-19-2021, 09:55 AM
i know they're a diy!! but i think certain villagers can unlock them in your dlc island too

Yeah, I was just able to use them in the house I designed last night, but haven't unlocked it for personal, use, though. But I'm not sure if it's something I'd use on my island, just vacation homes, so it's alright by me so far! Gotta find some nice window pane designs.

Charmander
12-19-2021, 10:11 AM
I learned about the accent wall balcony trick (and that you could use accent walls at all).

Wait you can make a small portion an accent? How!?

kittyray
12-19-2021, 10:40 AM
Wait you can make a small portion an accent? How!?

It's a trick! Put the accent wall up and then use room dividers right along the edge, and it will give this effect. The pillars make it so you can't see the gap, but I've skipped them for some and it's fine if you don't look up close/at a steep angle.

Charmander
01-15-2022, 07:46 PM
OK here comes a big dump!