PDA

View Full Version : [cK FoF] The Haunting of Chateau clraik

kittyray
10-14-2021, 08:49 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
The Haunting Of Chateau clraik

You and some of the other members of ck are traveling in a group and stumble upon spooky looking house. It's not just spooky, it looks potentially architecturally unsound. There are odd patios and partitions, maybe a tower, as if there was no plan before building it.

You decide to forget everything you learned from horror movies and break in so you can investigate. Problem is, you’re sort of in a rush, so to save time you further ignore horror movie wisdom and split off individually to each check out a room with a plan to report back later. You make your way through the front door and navigate around, slowly splintering off into groups and then pairs and then individuals. You finally make it to an unclaimed room and start investigating...

You’ve done your exploring and somehow make it back in one piece. It’s time to reconvene. Let's show the group what your room looked like.

For this you can use any visual medium to design the room. Illustration, picture of a shoebox diorama, recreated in the sims, magazine cutout collage, 3D Model of an Escherian space, …the world's your oyster!

Please submit one primary static image in .png format under 5mb, but feel free to add additional content in whichever form your heart desires. You should post your entries in this thread, but keep all discussion to the event hub ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). If submitting a photograph, please include your ck username and date somewhere, but feel free to submit an additional version without it.

Wait...can I really do anything?
So long as it is in some way visual and shared as an image, absolutely. The one thing I do ask is that if you choose photography, please don't just take a random picture of a room or somebody else's haunted house. Please do something to create a scene in some way.

Why the limitation on files? What is this the Neopets Art Gallery?
Because I said so. <3

When is the deadline?
November 1st at 11:59 PM NST

Thank you Bat for making this work on the forum! Plus thank you to the people who will never see this who gave me advice/encouragement while building the house. But for real, be sure to thank Bat!

Back To The Hub ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Lyrichord
10-17-2021, 01:10 AM
While searching the chateau, I stumble upon a well used library, or perhaps it's a research study. It seems this room is still used, frequently. It's warmth is a bit disconcerting in comparison to the rest of the mansion. A telescope is at the ready, and it seems whoever lives here has a fascination with the stars. Assorted treasure lies scattered throughout the room, and the book titles read of far away lands. Perhaps strangest of all are the keys dangling from the ceiling. For secret passageways, perhaps, or something worse? I shudder and think about grabbing the ladder to investigate them further. But as I do, I hear a book fall to the ground. Better escape unseen.

xChoppie
10-17-2021, 09:50 PM
Recreated in Sims 4, with mods from TSR.

I've always been afraid of clowns and red just gives off this eerie vibes sometimes~
Included one bonus poster which reminded me of The Ring (can you spot it?)!
Thus...I've created a room which I don't really want to enter. :P

phantasia
10-18-2021, 04:14 AM

I walk into the room and there is a lot of scary looking mask, on the wall ono the floor, weird stuff but the scariest thing of all was the huge spider on the wall
I downloaded a turn of images and made this collage in photoshop

Alcremie
10-18-2021, 03:03 PM
We managed to find an abandoned human cloning science experiment in the backroom! Inspired by Pokemon cuz I just got done playing Lets Go, and the Mewtwo/Amber experiment thing got to me lol

hex
10-18-2021, 09:16 PM
content aware haunted house! multipled pics warped and distorted into a huge architectural distaster

LibraryFaerie
10-19-2021, 08:33 PM
omg. that clickable haunted house is amazing.

I stumbled into what I thought was a greenhouse (surprisingly still green). I then noticed the indoor pool... and the mermaid. She was sleeping, but once I got a glimpse of her razor sharp teeth, I gtfo.

main entry (created in The Sims 4):

bonus angles because I like the vibes of this room so much.

Charmander
10-20-2021, 03:13 PM
Want to play a game?

Inspired by one of what I feel are the most creepy an sadistic movies ever created and made in once of the most innocent games out there.

While exploring Chateau clraik I stumbled across the workshop of where something unspeakable appears to happen. As I walk in I feel like someone is watching me in the dark. At first I think it's a mannequin but then I realize that the room is occupied. I don't stick around long enough to find out who they are or what they could be up to.

Here is an image with the lights on. :)

Flordibel
10-20-2021, 04:34 PM
Table for... THREE? MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

kittyray
10-23-2021, 02:04 AM
So I didn't find a room, not exactly. On one of the upper floors there was this circular vent that was sort of...humming? I couldn't get it off the wall, but I peeked through the grate and maybe that barrier was my safety because what I say was...some sort of void? tunnel of light? Somehow both? Inside this house? As it spun it seemed to beckon me in. It was, after all, just about the right size to crawl through. Could it support weight? I had no idea, but I did want to find out. I shook at the grate, watching it spin, wanting it to be spinning around me, wanting to journey into it to see where it led me.
But as my friends started to head back to share their own findings, I merely drifted away and followed them, mesmerized no more.

Nyanobyte
10-26-2021, 05:13 PM
After wandering for a good while, you round the corner and are greeted with another hallway. This time however there is a large black door at the end instead of another intersection. The closer you get the worse your stomach twists. You know that you should turn back but after wandering this far you feel an obligation to at least take a look around. Your hand reaches for the handle but you stop yourself, noticing the keyhole. You bend down to take a peak inside...

TW - Light blood imagery

As you bend down you notice a smell lurching it was out of the room. Its sickly and sweet. A few candles glimmer in the corner giving you just enough light to make out a symbol thats been etched into the wall. Brown and red stains coat the wall as well as the floor beneath it. Are those.. handprints?...

As you slowly back away from the doorway you hear muffled movement come from behind the door...

TsUNaMy WaVe
10-27-2021, 06:47 AM
When I first walked into the room, I immediately felt creeped out. It was nothing scary or disgusting, the room was just... bizarre. The windows seemed like portals to other dimensions. The middle section of the couch seemed very dangerous, like it's gonna swallow you whole. There was a sad bunny who handed out balloons; which was cute at first, until you start to wonder... why is it so sad? Oh, and did I mention there was a demons summoning circle in one of the corners?

Picrew used:

Ice
10-27-2021, 07:25 PM
I was almost blinded when I opened the door to this room - just everywhere was sparkling gold and glittering lights. From expensive looking, gold gilded statuettes and sculptures to crowns and other priceless jewelry, you would probably be one of the richest people in the world pocketing a few things. However, the room was oddly moist and warm. I could see a sheen of condensation had formed on most of the metal pieces. Also, there was quite an off putting smell! I could only describe it as a stomach churning sour stench. The floor was strangely unstable too, almost like I was walking on a waterbed or pillows. Eventually the uncomfortable air got to me and I had to make my exit.

Sephora
10-27-2021, 10:54 PM
I am incredibly lucky, because I seem to have discovered the home bar in this haunted house!

"Would you care for a drink?" the excited bartender asks me.

"Yes please!" I reply.

The creepy robot gets me a chair while the bartender makes me a Vampire Kiss Martini.

:very_drunk:

I constructed this room out of Lego

Goddammit
10-28-2021, 08:36 PM
Sounds echo throughout Chateau clraik as other members (clraikians? what do we call ourselves?) explore, coming upon their fair share of tricks and treats. After traversing the halls with some comrades, Goddammit finds herself in a room that looks oddly like something she would decorate herself, if she weren't a poor person. With damage to the wallpaper and cobwebs on the floor, she decided to check out this peculiar little room...

this is my entry

Created with TS4 using primarily the Vampire, Spooky and Paranormal packs but also stuff from get to work so it looked like there were weird jars of shit

As she looked, Goddammit found a whole bunch of shit she could fuck with and since she'd already chucked away her basic knowledge of horror movie survival, she figured why the hell not!

First, there were a bunch of weird things in jars, almost as if someone had been experimenting in here at one point...

And while there was no ouija board because she had forgotten that she had removed her ouija custom content while she was doing a certain legacy, there WAS a crystal ball, so let's try and contact the dead!

After that, it was time to concoct some magic potions...

shes cooking mac n cheese

I took a bunch more screenshots because I really liked this room. That's my simself in the pictures!

The room from another angle:

Oh I also added this little graveyard garden out back that I forgot to take a lot of pictures of

The outside of the room:

I set the game to fall in Forgotten Hollow and for some reason, it snowed. First day of fall. Smh.

Blooper
And then, in the midst of exploring, a friendly neighborhood vampire stopped by for a chat!
"It's nice to meet you, but it is 10 am...shouldn't you be like, in your coffin or something?"

SORRY FOR THE INCREDIBLY LONG POST I LOVE THE SIMS SO MUCH AND THIS IS SUCH A CUTE LITTLE FUN IDEA OMG

Da Plushee Boree
10-29-2021, 11:44 AM
While his fellow Clraikians separated to explore the rooms inside the mansion, little Da Plushee Boree, used to living extremely dark nights, offered to go find the electrical fuses to turn on the lights in the place. Soon he found a cobbled path that led under the house on one side. "Here it must be!" his mind told him, and he headed down the erratic path.

As he approached the small shed under the house, a small buzzing sound stung his ears, accompanied by a cold breeze. Instinct made him stop and pay attention.
The creature at the entrance did not approach, did not move, it seemed to indicate that something larger was lurking.

*Photo taken on my dad's shed, i added the ghosts as they don't always wander there x) How many can you spot? This is half anecdote hahahahhaha sorry if ugly english, i used google translator this time!*

Lilac Tentacles
10-29-2021, 12:31 PM
I walk up the stairs, down a dark hallway and open a creaky door into what looks like a child's room. There's a creepy doll staring at me from the floor. I don't notice the drawings on the wall at first.
The room has a slight draft and I catch a whisper of movement from the corner...

Forgot name.
I reset so my toddler doesn't need lifelong therapy walking into her room with a shadow demon in the corner

Cat Purrson
10-29-2021, 10:20 PM
Walking into the room I hear an eerie laugh in the corner.
I look over and spot a creepy skeleton with a loose noose around his neck. His eyes stained with black tears.
He looked my way and my body froze. The way he gazed at me.....It was almost as if he was seeking revenge...

Made with Picrew

Ismira
10-30-2021, 12:11 AM
With a muffled cry, I ran out of the room, down the corridor and launched open the nearest door. The door shut with a flinch. As I leaned against the doorjamb to catch my breath, my eyes squinted to peruse the dark, shadowy room.. there appeared to be an open window with tattered curtains billowing in the wind. The moon was high that night and offered a sliver of illumination. As my eyes tracked the path of light, I heard the unmistakable sound of nails scrapping against the floorboard. Startled, I turned towards the noise and froze in shock. My brain frantically tried to comprehend the.. creature.. before my eyes.

Like an obscene monster from a b-grade horror movie.. it had the stature of a large, mangled mutt. Horns jutted out grotesquely from its head and its wide, gaping mouth was lined with two rows of sharp teeth. Tentacles sprouted from its back, oozing a dark, viscous liquid.. and its one luminous eye was staring dead straight at me.

I started to back away slowly when..

Made with Picrew:

Ismira
10-30-2021, 12:13 AM
With a muffled cry, I ran out of the room, down the corridor and launched open the nearest door. The door shut with a flinch. As I leaned against the doorjamb to catch my breath, my eyes squinted to peruse the dark, shadowy room.. there appeared to be an open window with tattered curtains billowing in the wind. The moon was high that night and offered a sliver of illumination. As my eyes tracked the path of light, I heard the unmistakable sound of nails scrapping against the floorboard. Startled, I turned towards the noise and froze in shock. My brain frantically tried to comprehend the.. creature.. before my eyes.

Like an obscene monster from a b-grade horror movie.. it had the stature of a large, mangled mutt. Horns jutted out grotesquely from its head and its wide, gaping mouth was lined with two rows of sharp teeth. Tentacles sprouted from its back, oozing a dark, viscous liquid.. and its one luminous eye was staring dead straight at me.

I started to back away slowly when..

Made with Picrew:

Hollow
10-30-2021, 12:02 PM
While exploring the chateau I stumble upon an empty glass room. Papers scattered with unfinished letters, cobwebs present, an empty old chair that looks like it would break at any moment and what seems to be nothing but a crystal ball left. I question what could have happened here? I get a very unsettling feeling being in there and proceed to immediately leave the room!

Ariealle
10-30-2021, 03:10 PM
You arrive to a room with a fairly heavy door. The cold metal of the handle tingling the inside of your palm. You pull the door open, peer inside, and nearly choke...

A classroom.

At first glance, it seems as ordinary as can be. A desk where people don't work, math, science, and history strewn carefully about, and a cabinet tucked away in the corner.

*blink blink*
*"Are those bars, or blinds?"*

*"The alphabet is backwards..."*

'No Escape' reads a sign with an arrow pointing to a hole in the wall..

You heave the filing cabinet to the side, and climb into the hole, no light in sight.

*"Why did I do this?"*

As though eons have passed, you have reached your destination!

You find yourself... Back in the meeting room?

*"Wait.. How did we even get in here?"*

Menine
10-30-2021, 04:09 PM
This is the workplace horror room. Once you get locked into this room, you're trapped here forever with a controlling petty boss.
You don't have the choice to disobey his orders, you're his slave forever.

I used this ([Only registered and activated users can see links])maker for the background

Nattiee
10-30-2021, 10:22 PM

Hall
10-31-2021, 12:11 AM
Made in Sims 4

"While wandering I had to use the bathroom and DID find it! Nicely labeled with a normal looking bathroom door, had the two people on it and 'restroom' an' everything. I was really hoping that it'd be nice and normal, maybe dusty, but ya know, normal.

It..it wasn’t guys.

To start it WAS tiled like bathrooms normally are, but it ... had this REALLY bright orange rug. And the toilets faced a mirror. There was only one light in the room that looked like it had store brand Pikachu on it. And kitchen utensils above the tub.

I left there pretty quickly guys the vibes were not good.

Can we leave soon? I still really gotta go.”

Zapdos
10-31-2021, 03:12 AM
The room I stumbled into was empty, except for a small corner on the left far side.

There was a ring of candles, a part of what I am assuming was a summoning circle, drenching the corner with a saturated red glow.
Within the ring sat a young child, with some suspicious features. They appeared to be weeping.

At this point all I could do was walk away, quietly, and shut the door. I didn't look back.

Cinnamoroll
10-31-2021, 04:52 PM
I seemed to have somehow stumbled into the attic. How I got here, I am not sure... it almost seems like a lair for... dare I say *gulp* vampires? I want to leave, but I am somehow trapped behind these cell doors...

Gorilla
10-31-2021, 10:32 PM
You open the door to find yourself on the corner landing of a peculiar set of stairs. There are no guard rails. The center of the room is swallowed by an abyss, from which a huge puppet-like creature stands. Slowly, the puppet turns to face you.

Unnerved, you descend the stairs to see what the rest of the room has in store. As you descend, the puppet swivels, never letting you out of its sight.

You reach another landing... then another... then another... and finally realize the staircase is infinite. How is this possible?

Unnerved, you find the door and exit as quickly as you can.

valora
11-01-2021, 07:32 AM

As you enter the room, it seems quite normal, albeit old and neglected. There's some antique-looking furniture scattered around and everything is covered with thin white sheets, even the floor and walls. You can just make out a window on one of the far walls which seems to be barred and boarded up, as well as a fireplace. The only illumination in the room comes from a flickering lantern on the floor -- suggesting someone has been here recently -- and as the light waxes and wanes, you spot a box atop the mantle of the old fireplace seemingly filled with shining silver trinkets. The box sparks your curiosity, and you can't help but take a few steps into the room.

As soon as you take those steps, you realise your mistake. The thin veils that covered the room and window were not sheets or tattered curtains -- they were webs. As you struggle to free your feet, the entire room oscillates and quivers with each movement you make, as if every thread of this giant web is connected. In the flickering lantern light you see eight small pinpoints of red light in the far corner of the ceiling, slowly opening to reveal eight glaring eyes, each one fixed on you. You finally manage to break your feet free of the web and stagger backwards through the door as a pair of long, spindly legs emerges from the shadows and the giant arachnid clicks its fangs together. Slamming the door shut, you decide this room would be best left undisturbed...

Edit: forgot to add the static png image oops

Inspired by my own arachnophobia and an encounter from Divinity Original Sin 2:

Rachy Queen
11-01-2021, 11:40 AM
I have this weird feeling, when I see a picture on the wall, that the person is still there alive.43867

Stardust
11-01-2021, 10:33 PM
While exploring, I come across an unusual, large room..

It looks like it may have been a grand theatre back in the day, or maybe even a ballroom. Whatever it's initial purpose, it was built to entertain the Neopian elite who would stay at this chateau. But perhaps, the entertainment still continues? A shadowy figure with glowing eyes is seen on stage. It's best if I leave before I become part of the main act.. forever.

Although, turns out it was just Trienne waiting to pass out candy to trick-or-treaters / fellow explorers. :(

Credits:

Trienne: face: daregindemone04 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), body: TDA/Stylc/aquaticdesert ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), Hair: mmdfakewings18/mbarnesMMD ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), Gem: LilMissLillie ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), dress: Milionna ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), collar: いつものほん ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), aisha ears: Miss-Dew-Drop/MoreSporesPlz ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), boots: CM3D2/meiteki ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Stage: amiamy111 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Skydome: KaiwakaP ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
cK pumpkin designs: jbis, Hollow, xChoppie, Lyrichord, Valia, Sinnamoon, Beth77, Bea, Cat Purrson
Pumpkin model: Hopeghaya ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Chopper model: Sticklove/ginkochi ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Pusheen model: That-Alex ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Bow: TDA/なつか/traineeCross ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
MMD effects: 針金P ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), 852話 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), おたもん ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), Elle/データP ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), そぼろ ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
And other small edits in Photoshop