PDA

View Full Version : [cK Presents] - Festival of Frights

Nyanobyte
10-14-2021, 05:38 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

It’s October and you know what that means?
Fun events and Halloween treats are on their way!
We have some great activities and prizes planned for you all with more to be revealed in time. Be sure to check back here for all the latest details this spooky season. These events will run from now until November 1st 11:59pm EST. Please keep all event discussion on this thread.

Pumpkin Design Challenge ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Who doesn't love a good pumpkin carving? In this event you will be showing off your artistic side by following the prompt to create your perfect pumpkin! Make your way over to this event ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and show off your creativity in this frighteningly fun event.

Cursed Customization Event ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Yikes! What was that thing? Luckily your Neopet got a pretty good look!
In this event ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) you will be tasked with using customization to show off what it was that spooked you and your pet.

Campfire Stories ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

From poetry to novels - we want to hear yours!
Frighten the forums ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) with your scariest of sonnets.

The Haunting of Chateau Clraik ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

You and some of the other members of ck are traveling in a group and stumble upon spooky looking house... Wonder what will you find? ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

We hope that you enjoy these events and look forward to seeing what you create!
Please have fun, and of course:

Happy Halloween!

Alister
10-14-2021, 05:47 PM
oh
my
god

hype levels: unreal

the fact that the pumpkin carving contest doesn't have to be a real pumpkin is so cool and creative and honestly very considerate of people who may not have the time/space necessary to do a real one, it's a lot of work! and a huge mess!!! I do it every year and always hit a point when buried in stringy goop up to my elbows where I wonder, why. Why did I fool myself into thinking this amount of toil would be fun.

Houndoom
10-14-2021, 06:08 PM
AHH EXCITING I love halloween so much
Pumpkin carving is indeed a huge mess but I love sticking my hand into them so much~

Lyrichord
10-14-2021, 06:11 PM
HYPE! :o_o:

I second Alister that not needing to use a real pumpkin is amazing, and I cannot wait to get crafting and writing!

Cinnamoroll
10-14-2021, 09:09 PM

Zapdos
10-14-2021, 09:44 PM
So much hype!!! This makes up for all the bad shit happening with Neo lol :o_o:

Ariealle
10-14-2021, 09:47 PM
I love to carve.. crossing my fingers for some time to maybe attempt a couple of these. Love the events! Thanks to all involved. :orange: spooky up ck.

Lemonfox
10-15-2021, 12:45 AM
Ohh this sounds fun! :D Also glad that we're free to use any medium for the pumpkin!

TsUNaMy WaVe
10-15-2021, 12:47 AM
YEAAAH SPOOKY SEASON FUN!
Those activities sound like so much fun, I'm gonna participate in them all! I'm glad the pumpkin one can be digital since we don't celebrate Halloween here and getting proper pumpkins is really hard ^^;
Gonna start working on stuff after the weekend, yay!

Sinnamoon
10-15-2021, 08:10 AM
This is gonna be so much fun! :frog: Maybe I'll get one of those green pumpkins and carve it into a frog. Thank you to everyone who put this together, there's so many different activities! Happy Halloween month everybody :$

Da Plushee Boree
10-15-2021, 08:54 AM
ayyayayayyayay! I have always wanted to participate in a Halloween event! :D!!!
Will give my best!! ♥

Charmander
10-15-2021, 09:24 AM
Oh my goodness yes! This sounds like to much fun! I can't wait!

Stardust
10-15-2021, 11:21 AM
Ahh all these events sound so lovely!! i'm looking forward to participating in a few and seeing what everyone else comes up with too ^^

kittyray
10-15-2021, 03:11 PM
rolls in twenty hours late and didn't even bring starbucks

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

I would like to humbly present our fourth event, The Haunting of Chateau clraik ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Come explore a haunted house and share what you've found.

(pssst, thank you Koto for the lovely banner)

Bea
10-15-2021, 04:41 PM
I love Halloween more than Christmas, its always been my favorite time of year!
Ill be sure to grab some pumpkins for carving, carnt wait to see everyone's work of art.
🎃

Natalie
10-16-2021, 05:32 AM
Woah, how did you code that interactive haunted house image into the forum? :O

This sounds really fun. I'd love designing spaces - will be entering!

EDIT: Omg, I didn't mean to post this in the submission thread. Please move my post over to the correct thread! I'm sorry.

Shawn
10-16-2021, 06:01 AM
Any explorers brave enough to venture into the haunted chateau with me? :smilet-digitalpoint

funnybell
10-16-2021, 08:08 AM
Hot diggity!!! This looks amazing!!! I'm dying to participate, but I can't promise anything. This month has been absolutely crazy for me, but I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone makes. :)
Have a spoopy scary season everyone! Hope y'all have fun and stay safe <3

Goddammit
10-16-2021, 01:19 PM
Omg I dont have time to check out the links now because I gotta head out but I AM SO EXCITE AND CANT WAIT

THIS is the most wonderful time of the year

kittyray
10-16-2021, 01:43 PM
Woah, how did you code that interactive haunted house image into the forum? :O

This sounds really fun. I'd love designing spaces - will be entering!

EDIT: Omg, I didn't mean to post this in the submission thread. Please move my post over to the correct thread! I'm sorry.

(I can't move your post but replying over here)!

I wrote the code for the house itself using javascript/p5js, but Bat worked some additional PHP/other wizardry to let it live on the forum.

I'm so excited to hear you're looking forward to making something, can't wait to see it!

Crowley
10-16-2021, 09:08 PM
omg this is so cool i'm STOKED and hope i get time to participate!!!

Ivan
10-17-2021, 12:50 AM
Yay! I am so ready to participate the Halloween customization challenge. :D

Stardew
10-17-2021, 04:07 AM
These events sound fun! I've always enjoyed Halloween stuff... the pumpkin one in particular is calling my name, hopefully I'll have time for it!

Danny Phantom
10-17-2021, 06:20 AM
OH MY LORD I AM H Y P E D!
I'll definitely try to go for all activities, they're all so well-thought and fun! Thank you for the event! :o_o:

morecoffeepls
10-17-2021, 07:05 AM
Sounds fun! Thank you for posting these!

Nyanobyte
10-17-2021, 08:38 AM
Me sitting here checking out everyones entries this morning:

These have got to be the most creative and scary entires ever! I'm loving every single thing! :o_o:

Aero
10-17-2021, 08:53 AM
Omg I went offline for a few days for travel and came back to this. Definitely want to try to participate where I can!

aaronsd
10-17-2021, 04:50 PM
This should be fun!! Happy upcoming Halloween to everyone!

Fproplayr
10-17-2021, 07:55 PM
Super excited for this!

Goddammit
10-17-2021, 09:20 PM
Omg for The Haunting Of Chateau clraik event, I canNOT wait to make a room on the sims

Thank you guys so much for this event I am ;-; <3

Koto
10-18-2021, 09:16 AM
Really enjoying everyone's entries!!! There is some seriously banger customizations already that I am looking at hard for all my Halloween inspo needs

LibraryFaerie
10-18-2021, 02:52 PM
I saw these go up right before I spent a few tech-free days in nature and am so PUMPED to be back and able to dive into these!!!!! I CANT WAIT TO DO MORE SIMS THINGS!!! I also have a rough outline in my head for a 5 sentence horror story. Does it count as an outline if the final product is only 5 sentences? Between this and the Ryu background/paint can madness I am fully in the spooky season spirit.

THANK YOU ALL FOR COORDINATING THESE FUN ACTIVITES FOR US. :) :) :) :) :)

eta: does anyone play the board game, Betrayal at House on the Hill? The Haunting of Chateau Clraik is giving me major Betrayal vibes. It's awesome.

kittyray
10-18-2021, 03:24 PM
eta: does anyone play the board game, Betrayal at House on the Hill? The Haunting of Chateau Clraik is giving me major Betrayal vibes. It's awesome.

Oooh, I've never heard of that game, but just looked it up and I def see the similarities. It seems really cool. Thank you!

Alcremie
10-18-2021, 03:50 PM
A big thanks to those on the team that created and coordinated the events! I've been having fun with what I have created so far :)

Pidgey
10-19-2021, 06:26 PM
I'm working on my Pumpkin.

I'm going to try to make a group of 3 x).

I didn't think to put ridges in until it was half dry.

I'll do better on the next two. Curious to see how this 1st one turns out. It's the guinea pig.

kittyray
10-19-2021, 07:43 PM
I had an idea I was really excited about for my pumpkin, but it involves fabric dye and other some such things and my kitchen sink is currently broken and idk if it will be fixed in time to pull it off (and also it's kind of ambitious to do in a kitchen, anyway), and I'm kind of bummed about it.

Charmander
10-20-2021, 03:25 PM
Doing my chateau clraik entry was a lot of fun! Thanks so much for this.

Going to be carving my pumpkins this weekend so I cannot wait to share that too!

SmotritelEkrana
10-24-2021, 05:20 AM
Ohh this sounds fun!Happy Halloween everyone

Goddammit
10-28-2021, 08:40 PM
So I've been away bc of IRL shit but omg you guys, I am LIVING for all these halloween entries!!!

Koto
10-29-2021, 09:53 AM
Its the spooky weekend so I am super excited to see the final creations coming in ! I'm so glad we opened up pumpkin creation to non-pumpkin carving because there's been so much fun ingenuity happening!

Ice
10-29-2021, 11:54 AM
Everyone's entries are so fantastic, I had so much fun going thru them all and then adding my own! Glad I was able to participate before the month end :$
valora in particular's scary story... really left me shitless :o_o:

Also LibraryFaerie absolutely right!!! I used to play Betrayal with my friends on the reg and it totally does have the same vibeee

The interactive/growing haunted house is so fucking cool!

kittyray
10-29-2021, 01:04 PM
The interactive/growing haunted house is so fucking cool!

Thank you! I put a lot of work into it and it's been delighting me to watch it grow and honestly it warms my heart to hear things like this. ;_;

Lilac Tentacles
10-29-2021, 09:49 PM
Thank you! I put a lot of work into it and it's been delighting me to watch it grow and honestly it warms my heart to hear things like this. ;_;

You did this whole set up by yourself??

I'm actually enjoying the prompts between girlchild's naps so thank you so much for this!

kittyray
10-29-2021, 10:09 PM
You did this whole set up by yourself??

I'm actually enjoying the prompts between girlchild's naps so thank you so much for this!

Not entirely by myself! Bat made it work on the forum, and I got some advice/moral support from creative coding buddies, plus looked at a lot of blogs and stuff about procedural generation. But yeah, I did put most of it together myself! It was a lot of fun, but a little blood/sweat/tears-y, lmao. I'm seriously so pleased with how it turned out, though!

Glad you're enjoying the event!

Stardust
10-30-2021, 12:02 AM
I absolutely love everyone's pumpkin entries!! ;v; They're so creative!!
So much so that I wanted to put them together to create a sort of "cK Pumpkin Patch" :orange: haha
Decided to share this here since it's not really a submission

I only did mine + folks from the first page of the thread. I realized I've been neglecting checking out and participating in the other prompts/events so I probably won't finish this (before Halloween anyways) BUT if anyone wanted to take a peek, this is a quick render of what I've got so far (I need to find a better stage to actually simulate a pumpkin patch, but I already had this dead forest type stage downloaded and ready to use and it was spoopy)

Also if anyone is uncomfy with me rendering their pumpkin in 3D let me know and I'll happy remove it from the picture :)
Or if you'd like an individual render of your pumpkin and/or the model file (pmx format) let me know!

Ahh so many pretty pumpkins!

Credits:
cK pumpkin designs: jbis, Hollow, xChoppie, Lyrichord, Valia, Sinnamoon, Beth77, Bea, Cat Purrson
Pumpkin model: Hopeghaya ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Chopper model: Sticklove/ginkochi ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Pusheen model: That-Alex ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Bow: TDA/なつか/traineeCross ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
MMD effects: 針金P ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), 852話 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), おたもん ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), Elle/データP ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), そぼろ ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), BeammanP/Chestnutscoop ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

kittyray
10-30-2021, 12:13 AM
omg Stardust that is so cool, I love it! I can't wait to see more of it if you continue!

Air
10-30-2021, 12:37 AM

It super impressive, I absolutely love the interactive part!
you did good kid ♥

Hollow
10-30-2021, 11:30 AM
I absolutely love everyone's pumpkin entries!! ;v; They're so creative!!
So much so that I wanted to put them together to create a sort of "cK Pumpkin Patch" :orange: haha
Decided to share this here since it's not really a submission

I only did mine + folks from the first page of the thread. I realized I've been neglecting checking out and participating in the other prompts/events so I probably won't finish this (before Halloween anyways) BUT if anyone wanted to take a peek, this is a quick render of what I've got so far (I need to find a better stage to actually simulate a pumpkin patch, but I already had this dead forest type stage downloaded and ready to use and it was spoopy)

Also if anyone is uncomfy with me rendering their pumpkin in 3D let me know and I'll happy remove it from the picture :)
Or if you'd like an individual render of your pumpkin and/or the model file (pmx format) let me know!

Ahh so many pretty pumpkins!

Credits:
cK pumpkin designs: jbis, Hollow, xChoppie, Lyrichord, Valia, Sinnamoon, Beth77, Bea, Cat Purrson
Pumpkin model: Hopeghaya ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Chopper model: Sticklove/ginkochi ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Pusheen model: That-Alex ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Bow: TDA/なつか/traineeCross ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
MMD effects: 針金P ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), 852話 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), おたもん ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), Elle/データP ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), そぼろ ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), BeammanP/Chestnutscoop ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

WHOA. Okay this is COOL. Amazing work! How long did this take to do? :D

Sinnamoon
10-30-2021, 05:12 PM
Stardust Oh my gosh this looks so cool! This is such a cute idea, I love seeing everybody's pumpkins together! ;_; ❤

Nattiee
10-30-2021, 10:28 PM
Didnt think I was gonna be able to complete all 4 but I managed right in the nick of time. Such a fun event, thank you mods & coordinators! The pumpkin entries are my fav I think.. everyone has some wicked carving skills

Hollow
10-31-2021, 04:15 AM
Me too, didn't think I'd get all my enteries done in time, I really enjoyed the customisation and pumpkin ones! Really cool to see everyone's ideas and designs :)

Charmander
10-31-2021, 04:01 PM
Was able to finally able to update my last pumpkin entry. Sadly no story for me but I was happy to be able to participate in the rest! Thanks again to our coordinators!

Ismira
10-31-2021, 04:11 PM
Struggling to put together a campfire story before the deadline, but I really enjoyed participating in the rest! Everyone's entries have been so fun and interesting to read, and the customizations and pumpkin art work is just.. *chefs kiss*

Can't believe I signed up two years ago and I'm only just starting to be active around the community!

Da Plushee Boree
10-31-2021, 06:54 PM
I think I got an entry everywhere! Im happy cos Ive been having shitty Internet and no time to do everything I want to :'c!! But nailed it! Jojojo
I need to say that I love cinnas pumpkin entry, it is so cute and lovely ������
My phone is dying, ill be back! Jaja thank you for giving us these beautiful activities! I have been thinking about this for weeks!

Cinnamoroll
11-01-2021, 12:04 AM
Submitted my final entry for the events - my campfire story! Hope everyone who takes the time to read it enjoys it. I haven’t written anything in quite a while, and it was fun to flex my writing muscle again. It was very rusty :apathy::apathy::distress:

Thank you coordinators and staff who made this all come together! I can’t wait for the next forum event! :)

valora
11-01-2021, 03:54 AM
this event was so much fun, thanks so much to the staff & everyone who put it together! will be trying to get my pumpkin & cursed room in before the end of the event today D:

Nyanobyte
11-01-2021, 09:14 AM
Just a quick reminder and heads up

This event ends November 1st 11:59pm EST so this is your final day to submit entries!

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween this year!

Charmander
11-01-2021, 10:10 AM
Oh yes so happy it's still good until tonight. I was able to get my campfire story in :) again thanks for a spooktacular event!

Buizel
11-01-2021, 10:39 AM
Thank you staff and mods for this wonderful event! :$ Was only able to enter the cursed customization and scary story parts but I hope that acceptable. :) Really love reading/viewing all the other entries even though I'm a big ol scaredy cat when it comes to scary stuff :cold:

Rachy Queen
11-01-2021, 11:41 AM
Thank you it was so fun !!!

Gorilla
11-01-2021, 07:29 PM
Thank you for the event! ^o^ Really enjoyed participating!

Stardust
11-01-2021, 10:51 PM
Thanks so much to everyone who organized this event and made it happen!! It was such a joy to participate in (even if I didn't have time to make proper submissions and rushed some of it lol) but it's an even bigger joy to see everyone's submissions and the talent/creativity that y'all have. This was an amazing and fun event for sure :)

Peanutface
11-01-2021, 11:14 PM
Ditto's to everyone else's praise for this fun event. It was great to see what others contributed!!!

phantasia
11-02-2021, 01:11 AM
Thank you for the event. I really loved putting the room together and reading others stories (I am not a writter)

Lyrichord
11-02-2021, 02:21 AM
Thank you for the fun event! I enjoyed getting to stretch my creative muscles and see everyone else's submissions. :D

Flordibel
11-02-2021, 11:23 AM
Thank you so much for this fabulous event! I loved seeing everyone's creativity and festivity!

Gorilla
11-03-2021, 10:45 PM
I LOVE the boo userbar! Keeping forever! *pets it*