PDA

View Full Version : [cK FoF] Pumpkin Design Challenge

Nyanobyte
10-13-2021, 05:21 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Pumpkin Design Challenge

Are you ready to show off your creativity this spooky season?
For this event you will be designing your very own pumpkin... but there's a catch...
The design of the pumpkin will be representative of you.

Prompt: Design a pumpkin that represents yourself!

Q: What do you mean, design a pumpkin that represents yourself?
A: This prompt is left to your interpretation - For example you could make your pumpkin look like your avatar or include all of your favorite things. Maybe it'll consist of your favorite colors or foods? There is no right or wrong way to create yours, so go wild!

Q: How can I actually make my pumpkin? - Does it have to be a real pumpkin?
A: Your pumpkin design can be created in whatever way you desire. You are welcome to decorate a real pumpkin or draw one with pencil and paper. If you prefer digital art (photoshop, blender, Pixaki etc) then go for it! There is no limitation on what you can use to create your design. Digital or real, its all accepted!

Whatever you present, I'm sure it will be gourdgeous!

Q: When is the deadline?
A: You can submit your entries until November 1st 11:59pm EST!

Please be sure include your clraik username and the date somewhere in your submission.
If you use a pre-determined pumpkin template, please be sure to give proper credit!

This post is for submissions only

Please keep all discussion to the announcement thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

jbis
10-17-2021, 12:06 PM
I couldn't choose a pumpkin at first, so I drew the whole pumpkin patch! And then I decided to stick with the first one I saw, naturally.43765

Hollow
10-17-2021, 03:59 PM
I wanted to make this pumpkin look a little evil, kinda like a hollow x'D my animation isn't up to scratch but I thought it would be fun to make it a gif!

xChoppie
10-17-2021, 10:59 PM
Chopper in a pumpkin!

Lyrichord
10-18-2021, 12:45 AM
I made my lyre as a pumpkin carving earlier this month before this event came out. So I figured I'd make one now for Piper, too! Drawing by hand is not my forte, but I gave the Phoenix a go. Still better than I could carving an actual pumpkin. :peach:

[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Resources used:

Valia
10-18-2021, 04:14 PM
Here’s my spooky pumpkin inspired by my obsession over Cinderella and bunny rabbits~

Sinnamoon
10-19-2021, 08:25 PM
Here's my froggy Keroppi pumpkin! :frog: It was messier than I remember pumpkin-carving being, but I made some very tasty roasted pumpkin seeds, so it was worth it.

Beth77
10-20-2021, 09:08 AM
A pumpkin that represents me....
~Crafty
~Patchwork
~Included a touch of my favorite color - purple
~I can be witchy at times
~I have a good side and a dark side

Used a styrofoam pumpkin from Dollar tree

I used ribbon and pushed it into the styrofoam, and then did the same with orange felt to make it look patchworked

Finished it off with some leaves (good side) and a bow (to make the dark side).

Bea
10-20-2021, 02:44 PM
Me and my 18 inch Bulbasaur decided to create some simple Pumpkins early this year!
I had to do all the hard work though because of his little legs (bless him) he enjoyed himself though.

🎃 👻
Happy Halloween!
Everyone's entry's are amazing

Cat Purrson
10-21-2021, 11:01 AM
Happy Halloween, CK family! Stay safe this season <3

Charmander
10-23-2021, 03:00 PM
Part 1:

My entry is representative of via my kiddo. My kiddo loves Toothless and How to Train Your Dragon. Today was our day to make their pumpkin and behold they picked toothless for their design haha so we did one side as a Toothless head portrait and the other side is of Toothless' features. They were super happy to do this and of course we hand to end with watching "Dragon show" on Netflix.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Part 2:

Part two shows the icy side and also the love for Frozen; specifically Olaf and Sven in the house!

Since they were done at different times here they are both together with my username and a spooky kitty! Happy Halloween! Toothless is a little wilty too!

Lilac Tentacles
10-23-2021, 07:36 PM
Been thinking about changing my username to reflect my new Lord and Savior.

All Hail Sweetopus.

kittyray
10-25-2021, 01:16 AM
Context:

Okay, so I haven't gotten crafty in a while but I wasn't about to gut a pumpkin for a couple reasons, so I decided to play around with something I've been meaning to for years: cyanotyping and solar dye resisting.

I briefly considered photoshopping the cK logo into the squash to make it look like a jack-o-lantern, but then decided that could be the stretch goal if the first attempt went well.

I used Jacquard SolarFast, luckily the local Blick art supply had a starter kit in stock. But, as a recovering emo, I only wear black, which you can't exactly dye. So I started off by bleaching off a square to then overdye.

Now...the thing about developing something with UV exposure is...you need actual UV exposure. This weekend has been rainy and overcast, no sign of the sun, the UV index peaked at a whomping 1.

This is also the point where I should point out my mask might not have been that great. The dark parts weren't actually all that dark. Also, the picture of the hell-pile of wires is because this is the first time I used my printer since moving and I needed to find the correct cables.

Long story long, the dye did very slowly expose. Not as strong as I'd've hoped, and when I rinsed it out, there wasn't really a sign of my pumpkin at all.

Not pictured here is my attempt at trying again with pre-treated cyanotype fabric sheets, but then the sun set, so that was a fail all around.

I was just about ready to call it a complete failure when I remembered I still had bleach, a couple of ratty paintbrushes, and a complete inability to freehand.

god i didn't even talk about how fucking off-center it ended up

[edit] Forgot to include username/date. Sorry.

[edit 2] Third time's the charm.

Zapdos
10-25-2021, 02:08 AM

Ready to roll out in my pumpkin B)

LibraryFaerie
10-25-2021, 07:48 AM
It was a sad, gloomy weekend.. Perfect for pumpkin carving!

Nattiee
10-25-2021, 03:54 PM
This is the first time in like 10 years I carved a pumpkin so please don't laugh :( I was gonna draw one for this prompt because I didnt wanna buy a pumpkin but luckily my fam was doing a carving party this year.
Tried to free hand from this pumpkin inspo;
Clearly it did not work out lmao.

Here's mine:

Lesson learned: Carve the eyes and stuff before cutting out the head OR IT WILL BE LIMP AND YOU WILL NEED A TOOTHPICK TO HOLD IT TOGETHER.

please dont make me do this again LOL

Sephora
10-25-2021, 06:18 PM
Glamour Girl Pumpkin and cK Logo Pumpkin

I chose a glam pumpkin face to represent myself, and the cK logo because I love this forum!

Nighttime Pictures (Much Cooler)

Daytime Pictures

Credit for the Glam Girl Pumpkin Stencil I used ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Peanutface
10-26-2021, 11:09 AM

My entry to our Halloween Pumpkin contest

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, I fell over. I wish I know how to submit properly. Just turn your head everyone.
Judy

Nyanobyte
10-26-2021, 01:15 PM
A glitchy mess ^^

Ice
10-26-2021, 07:42 PM
*does the pose* had to do it to em. B)

new halloween tradition, carve ice cubes instead of pumpkins? :rolleyes: less mess, in fact, it's self cleaning! :o_o:

TsUNaMy WaVe
10-27-2021, 05:56 AM
It's the girl from my avatar, Tsugumi, in her Halloween costume and with a pumpkin that has her band's emblem carved on it ^^

Resrouces:

Stardust
10-27-2021, 03:04 PM

Presenting my pumpkin!
I ended up combining two of my fav things together- space/galaxy aesthetic and cats. :3

I thought it would be fun to render a pumpkin in 3D rather than drawing one. Original render done in MMD, with some added effects done via Photoshop.

Bonus:

The girl in my avatar, Stardust, with my pumpkin :$

Quick pumpkin doodle and raw pumpkin (no effects / Photoshop)

Credits:

Pumpkin: Hopeghaya ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
MMD effects: 針金P ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), 852話 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), おたもん ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), Elle/データP ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), そぼろ ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Halloween Stardust/XingChen: TDA, Stylc, TDA / なつか / traineeCross ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), Destiny7865, Haruka Sakurai, HinataMew, Re*YaMa, artimiss1238 ([Only registered and activated users can see links] Halloween-Fantasy-Suit-DL-REUPLOAD-861044497)

Cinnamoroll
10-28-2021, 02:37 PM
Here is one of my pumpkins! This one is not a typical entry compared to everyone else’s, especially on the level of technicality but that’s okay! :)

So, the idea is to have something that represents you. What I chose to do was represent my passion in life: working and educating children. It was our Halloween party in one of the classes I teach today, and we got a pumpkin for the class. I asked the girls to decorate one with me to show what I’d look like as a pumpkin. We got to work, and had fun! We also did a costume parade, a ghost and monster hunt, and we did some spooky story telling and Halloween freeze dances.

Keep in mind, these children are only 3 and 4 years old but we had lots of fun anyways!

The process of decorating while in costume. Amazingly, we didn’t get any of the materials on our clothes and costumes.

The final result, with the description provided by one of my kids: “Miss ‘Cinna’ but a pumpkin. She loves Halloween and doggies and sparkles and stamps (my tattoos, the kids call them my stamps LOL) Bright eyes always watching us, smiles and playing with me. I love coming to school with Cinna and friends. Happy Halloween!”

I’m still going to try to carve a pumpkin tomorrow or this weekend with my husband! But here’s a cute and fun one for now :D

Druid
10-29-2021, 04:21 PM
“Woah cool pumpkins,” you might be thinking. “Such a shame that there’s no UN and therefore it’s not a valid entry,”

Well hang on. I did carve the plague doctor one - last year. I was thinking about the prompt this year and how it was such a shame I couldn’t use that, as me in the pandemic as a plague doctor is funny and appropriate. But then I realized something that actually upsettingly represents me better than pretty much anything else…

I never took them off my roof. I meant to, several times. At one point circa last spring my landlord and handyman were out there messing around with something and said “hey there are some old rotting pumpkins out here,” to which I was like oh shit my bad I will definitely deal with that. Did I? Of course not.

I’ve been really busy this year as some like important RL deadlines are also November 1st, so I’m unfortunately not carving pumpkins, but I bring you this entry anyway: my awful ADHD brain as told by two elderly pumpkins.

Ismira
10-30-2021, 01:59 AM
A day of the dead inspired pumpkin "carving". Drawn in paint because that's literally all I have lol.

WELP AT LEAST I TRIED EH?

Mikal
10-31-2021, 05:48 AM
This is probably how I would spend my Halloween if I lived in the US and didn't have kids

Credit to South Park and Kingdom Hearts

Da Plushee Boree
10-31-2021, 06:41 PM
Last minute entry!
Because im in a date c:
But I have been finishing this drawing a couple days As where i live there's no pumpkins :c i know that if we had, id carve some to decorate my entry Door!

SO here is my Boree and León pumpkin! 💖 (he is a bird now, had to make him a bird)

Hope you like it :D Desing is based in some TV show I love 💖

Cinnamoroll
10-31-2021, 07:52 PM
Pizza is love. Pizza is life.

Ariealle
10-31-2021, 09:31 PM
This big one is representative of my dear child and I, and how she has told me 350 times this year (mostly different) what she wanted to dress up as. She helped colour and drew the design for the little one on the right, and carved a little bit before I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Followed by Jack as we watched the movie and thought the shape was perfect for the head.

Lights out.
I'm sorry about the table?? It's like 5 years younger than me and been through many art projects.

datalore
10-31-2021, 09:55 PM

I love mandarins :) It's one of my favorite snacks.

Houndoom
11-01-2021, 01:37 AM
I really really tried, but the only pumpkins that were left were incredibly warty and it was so hard to carve.
Featuring a "houndoom" (if you squint really closely it's breathing fire?), and a bonus pumpkin by my partner of our derpy dog.

it's far uglier with flash on:

valora
11-01-2021, 05:08 AM
made a ck-themed pumpkin with my usual avatar as a silhouette, and another more inspired by me and my two cat children c:

Koto
11-01-2021, 09:07 AM
I got to carve a pumpkin for the first time yesterday - definitely super happy with how it turned out (excuse insanely fuzzy lit up picture)

Rachy Queen
11-01-2021, 11:05 AM
I always wanted to do this carving!