PDA

View Full Version : Debate Section Topics?

Ben
12-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Would you like to see a certain debate go on in the debate zone since the current ones are kinda dull and barbaric?

Feel free to suggest one that I would/you could start in that section being related to world topics/politics.

Such topics could include:
Global Warming/Climate Change
Starving Kids in Africa
North Korea's Regime
Overpopulation in China
Sexism in China
Economic Downfall in Europe
September 11, 2001
Middle Eastern Conflicts
Osama Bin Laden
Being in the Military
Abortion
AIDS/HIV

etc etc etc

Cirzoke
12-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Treatment of Third Worlds? :o Legal Drinking Ages? Tobacco Tax

Cara
12-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Some of those interest me, such as:
Abortion, Global warming and 9/11

Inq
Gender vs Sex: A blurring of the lines.

maxxine
In all honesty, If im gonna participate in any of the debate crap, its gonna be easy fun stuff like This or that debates.
I dont think very many people wanna write 5 sentences are depressing boring topics. lol

Inq
12-27-2011, 12:02 AM
I dont think very many people wanna write 5 sentences are depressing boring topics. lol

It seems it is your own outlook upon such topics that is depressing and boring, rather than the topics themselves.

If you don't want to contribute to the existing subjects, or suggest new ones, I'd recommend that you just don't get involved.

Scarydark
12-27-2011, 12:03 AM
All turns into opinions anyways.

Inq
12-27-2011, 12:06 AM
All turns into opinions anyways.

No, not if done correctly.

I would say that a real debate begins with opinions, and only ends upon consensus.

Or, well, the death of a participant...

Scarydark
12-27-2011, 12:09 AM
It seems it is your own outlook upon such topics that is depressing and boring, rather than the topics themselves.

If you don't want to contribute to the existing subjects, or suggest new ones, I'd recommend that you just don't get involved.

He's like 15 pal, if he even had deepest understanding towards something about:

Sexism in China
Being in the Military
Abortion
AIDS/HIV
Starving Kids in Africa

I'd be worried about the his sanity. I know when I was 15 I didn't have f**ks to give yet.
He's perfectly fine with stating what he wants to participate in in the debate section, and I'm sure he wouldn't post something.
And he's far from boring.

Inq
12-27-2011, 12:19 AM
I was debating when I was 14, personally. I'd been interested in socio-political issues before then, as well. I say that so you know that age is not the only factor at play, here, and that not everybody is the same as you.

When you expect something to be boring, it does indeed tend to be. This is the reason why you need the right mindset before you even begin to think about becoming involved in a discussion.

maxxine
12-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Most of my 15 year old friends are participants in "serious" interwebz debates.
But I guess you're right not everyone is the same.
To each his own.

Gbm
12-27-2011, 12:26 AM
I debated when I was 13-14. I at the very least posted in such sections with somewhat well thought out posts. Whether or not those posts were comprehensive or not is a totally different story.

I feel that I should make a joke with masturbation and debating here, but I won't due to be lazy.

Scarydark
12-27-2011, 12:26 AM
To each his own.

'nuff said...
and that not everybody is the same as you.
Didn't say they were, used as an example.

Miguel
12-27-2011, 12:37 AM
ITT: People wanting to look intellectual

Gbm
12-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Bitch I know I'm intellectual, I'm the only one that has posted anything about comparing masturbation and debating in this thread so far.

Fuck y'all.

Evelsaint
12-27-2011, 12:40 AM
North Korean Regime (The people have to know)

Abortion (Pro life or Not?)

Inq
12-27-2011, 12:40 AM
ITT: People wanting to look intellectual

Well, you've certainly changed that, now!

Miguel
12-27-2011, 01:07 AM
I don't want to look intellectual at all, that's why I stay out of the debate section. Debating time is better spent programming IMO

Victoria
12-27-2011, 01:38 AM
I hope i didn't go too far in there, i was just typing away and got carried away lol.

Ben
12-27-2011, 11:18 AM
I haven't had the time to work on these topics. I will start working on them this week. Thank you for the suggestions everyone!

Note, that these topics aren't all that depressing. Some are, some aren't.