PDA

View Full Version : Bleach!

Hollow
08-07-2021, 02:38 PM
Does anyone read the Bleach manga?

The Bleach manga seems to be getting a revival (my inner fangirl is screaming with excitement!) and the new chapter was uploaded last night. I don't want to spoil anything so I recommend reading it! I will be spoiler tagging though!

Spoilers below!
What do you guys think of the new Hell arc that's being unfolded? I've always been interested about the realm of Hell in the Bleach universe and was really shocked about the captains going to hell after death because of a spike in their power levels. I can understand certain captains like Unohana and Yamamoto because of the wicked things they've done in the past (Unohana - first Kenpachi, Yamamoto killing loads of people) but why is Ukitake down there?! Regardless of whether your good or bad you still go to Hell, which sorta defeats the point of being good and bad lol.

I do hope more things get explored though, like the whole thing about the ghouls, or hollows with their holes outside of their bodies, different spiritual energies, Aizen being missing, maybe other Espadas bing in Hell.

Also who is the warden of Hell?! So many questions, so little answers.

Also loving Kubo's artwork - always been a massive fan of his art style.

Had to get this out of my system, I don't know anyone that loves Bleach as much as I do for me to fangirl over xD

Let's discuss here!

Synth Salazzle
08-08-2021, 11:32 AM
Ah man this brings back blasts from the past, I haven't watched or read bleach since I was like 17. Actually I might pick it back up if it's getting a revival. Still own season 1 on DVD might get restarted.

Hollow
08-08-2021, 11:52 AM
Ah man this brings back blasts from the past, I haven't watched or read bleach since I was like 17. Actually I might pick it back up if it's getting a revival. Still own season 1 on DVD might get restarted.

It really brought back nostalgia reading the new chapter. I used wait weekly to read the new chapters, I'd come straight back from school and get online just to read it x'D Apparently the anime is on it's way back too!

Buizel
08-09-2021, 04:49 PM
I'm excited for this arc! I love Bleach and remember reading it back when it was on MangaStream haha. I can't remember it in much detail now, but wasn't there a prior movie that was also set in Hell? Idk if it was canon or not, but I loved how we got to explore it for a little while and I hope Kubo takes his time exploring it here. :)

Plus, maybe it can answer some of the questions that were left after the manga originally ended.

Autobot
08-09-2021, 05:06 PM
I'm pretty surprised to hear it's back! Decided to rewatch the anime since my childhood self never finished it; skipped most of the filler arcs and finished the fake karakura arc, but work got in the way of me going much further than that lol. I've def got some catching up to do and quite a few questions regarding the story, so maybe this will fill that void.

The series has been a inspiration for some OCs and worldbuilding stuff, and I've always loved... idk what to call it, the aesthetic? Hollow and soul "biology" is one of the more interesting aspects of Bleach lore for me. Also I just love how Kubo always puts his characters in only the freshest outfits and

having black/brown characters that aren't drawn like caricatures. pouring one out for Tosen, i miss him...

Hollow
08-09-2021, 05:17 PM
I'm excited for this arc! I love Bleach and remember reading it back when it was on MangaStream haha. I can't remember it in much detail now, but wasn't there a prior movie that was also set in Hell? Idk if it was canon or not, but I loved how we got to explore it for a little while and I hope Kubo takes his time exploring it here. :)

Plus, maybe it can answer some of the questions that were left after the manga originally ended.

Yes! The question is when is Kubo going to update us with another chapter, and if he does, how often will it be? MangaStream! That brings me back, I used to wait patiently for a new chapter update on there xD Yeah I'm not too sure whether the new arc has any connection to the movie, and whether any of the movies are actually cannon to the plot.

Gonna spoiler tag here just incase but my understanding of the Hellverse movie was that Kubo had his own plans and ideas that Shounen Jump didn't take into consideration, so I think now with everything we're seeing in this new chapter is what he probably had in mind originally when the movie was being worked on.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty surprised to hear it's back! Decided to rewatch the anime since my childhood self never finished it; skipped most of the filler arcs and finished the fake karakura arc, but work got in the way of me going much further than that lol. I've def got some catching up to do and quite a few questions regarding the story, so maybe this will fill that void.

The series has been a inspiration for some OCs and worldbuilding stuff, and I've always loved... idk what to call it, the aesthetic? Hollow and soul "biology" is one of the more interesting aspects of Bleach lore for me. Also I just love how Kubo always puts his characters in only the freshest outfits and

having black/brown characters that aren't drawn like caricatures. pouring one out for Tosen, i miss him...

So was I tbh! I knew the anime was set to come back at some point, but the new chapter really took me by surprise! I'm just so happy to see his work come back to life, and to see more of the Bleach universe. Bleach was a massive inspiration for me, gave me many OC ideas! Apparently Kubo wanted to get into fashion design, which is why all his characters have so much style xD I love it!

I know, I really miss Tosen too :(

Buizel
08-09-2021, 09:54 PM
Spoilers for ending of Bleach manga prior to this chapter

I think I already explained my displeasure with certain aspects towards the ending Hollow, most notably at how broken and overpowered the quincy were against the soul society. I expected the captains to put up more of a fight, but instead, the quincy got the power to seal away their swords along with already being stupidly strong for no reason.

Point being, I really hope we don't see that here in Hell. I expect it from strong contenders like Unohana and Yamamoto depending on how Hell and its powers work, but really hoping brand new characters aren't just broken out the gate again.

Hollow
08-10-2021, 01:48 AM
Spoilers for ending of Bleach manga prior to this chapter

I think I already explained my displeasure with certain aspects towards the ending Hollow, most notably at how broken and overpowered the quincy were against the soul society. I expected the captains to put up more of a fight, but instead, the quincy got the power to seal away their swords along with already being stupidly strong for no reason.

Point being, I really hope we don't see that here in Hell. I expect it from strong contenders like Unohana and Yamamoto depending on how Hell and its powers work, but really hoping brand new characters aren't just broken out the gate again.

Gonna tag spoilers here about new chapter below :)

Me too, I wasn't happy with how it originally ended, it felt so sudden. I always found the power levels all over the place too. The thing I'm really interested about is how twisted are Unohana, Ukitake and Yamamoto going to be now that they are in Hell? Are they going to be even more OP than they originally were? Soooo excited to find out!