PDA

View Full Version : Strat's Gaming Rig/Setup Build

Strat
06-08-2021, 09:28 AM
Hey guys, I built myself my very first decent gaming rig back in December of 2016 and wanted to share some specs/pics on how it all went and what's inside as well as showcase a little about how far it has come over the recent years with some nice little upgrades/additions.

Initially this is how I had it set up (below)

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear any and all feedback on things I could improve (if anything).

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Still slightly older, but more of my current setup than the previous video I initially posted, don't have one of the up to date setup just yet. Will update post when I manage to get around to recording one.

Original specs were as follows:

My Skylake Build

MotherBoard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Intel LGA 1151 Z170
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW DT Gaming ACX 3.0 8GB
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K Quad Core LGA 1151 4.0 GHz Unlocked
HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD and a Samsung 950 PRO 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32GB (4x 8GB) 2400MHz
Monitors: 2x LG 23M45 23" LED Full HD
Headset: Logitech G231 Prodigy Series gaming headset
Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech G213 Prodigy Series RGB gaming keyboard and G403 Prodigy Series RGB Wireless gaming mouse
Water Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 240mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 Mid Tower
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Misc Additions: Thermaltake Riing 12 Plus Premium RGB fans x5, NZXT Hue+ Lighting Controller and 4x NZXT RGB LED Strips for additional case lighting

Will post the updated specs and things I have changed tomorrow after work, but for now I must get to bed. Cheers!

Buizel
06-10-2021, 08:18 PM
Oh man, congrats on your build it looks really cool! It's nice to see that it's still up and running for you. :) I have the creativity of a single grain of rice, so building a PC will always be a dream for me haha.

I need to get into PC gaming though...Nintendo is fine and all, but most games I want to play are on the PS4/5 and PC and urgh. :cower:

Synth Salazzle
06-12-2021, 01:13 PM
I'm drooling over your rig man. That's a beautiful power house.

Strat
06-13-2021, 02:44 AM
Oh man, congrats on your build it looks really cool! It's nice to see that it's still up and running for you. :) I have the creativity of a single grain of rice, so building a PC will always be a dream for me haha.

I need to get into PC gaming though...Nintendo is fine and all, but most games I want to play are on the PS4/5 and PC and urgh. :cower:

Thanks! A lot of time and money have gone into it up until now and I think I'll still be adding to it for the next little while too. There's just too much else that I want to do to it. I need to start getting my collectable items added to my display case on the right of the setup as well, not looking forward to paying the money to start doing that xD PC gaming is where it's at, you can't get the same experience (no matter what anyone says) from a console that you can get on a PC. (Unless it's a potato of a PC system xD).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm drooling over your rig man. That's a beautiful power house.

Cheers mate, appreciate your kind words :)

Here's a pic of how it currently looks. I recently purchased a secondary screen (AOC 27G2 27" IPS monitor) for using discord/stream chat when I stream etc and also my new Secretlab Omega Akali Edition chair that replaced my Secretlab Titan after 4 years. Will post full updated spec sheet shortly of the rig.

- - - Updated - - -

Specs are now as follows:

MotherBoard : ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170
GPU : EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Edition 8GB
CPU : Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz overclocked to 4.2GHz
HDD : Western Digital WD Blue 1TB Mechanical
SSD : Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD and Samsung 950 PRO 256GB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD
RAM : 32GB (8x4) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz
Monitor : Acer Predator X34P Ultrawide 120Hz IPS Gaming Monitor (primary), AOC 27G2 27" 144Hz IPS (setup vertically as a secondary monitor)
Headset : HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless
Mic: HyperX Quadcast mounted on a Rode PSA1 Boom Arm.
Keyboard/Mouse : Corsair K70 MK.2 Rapidfire Low Profile Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and G703 Lightspeed RGB Wireless gaming mouse
Cooling : Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 240mm AIO Cooler
Case : Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB Edition
PSU : EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 80+ Gold Modular
Misc Additions : Thermaltake Riing 12 Plus Premium RGB fans x5, Thermaltake Riing 14 RGB fans x3, NZXT Hue+ Lighting Controller and 4x NZXT RGB LED Strips for additional case lighting, CableMod ModMesh Pro E-Series PSU Cable Kit (Black/Red), Logitech C920 Webcam, Corsair Gaming MM330 Extended Edition Mousemat, Arlec 2m RGB LED Strip lighting behind the desk, SecretLab Titan Gaming Chair (sold my old Titan which served me very well for 4 years) SecretLab Omega Akali Special Edition Gaming Chair, custom made IKEA desk (1850mm x 640mm Eckbacken Kitchen Countertop, 2x Grey Alex Drawer sets, 2x sets of Capita Legs to separate the countertop from the drawers, 2x Signum cable management racks mounted on the underside of the countertop), Logitech G560 RGB Speakers/Sub, Nanoleaf Aurora Rhythm RGB Lighting Panels (mounted above the monitor on the wall).