PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to unlock your forbidden poké-memories

parapex
05-02-2021, 06:56 PM
OKAY so, I was around 8/9 when I started using youtube, and the most recently released games were diamond and pearl.

While I was disappointing my grandparents watching "My Little Butterfly" Mew Tributes, there were a few videos that I've never been able to get out of my head.

There were a bunch of videos talking about "Mewthree"

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Something about these old low quality romhacks are kind of unsettling- especially the next one, which I found kind of by accident? I recognize it from when I was a kid but for some reason it's kind of...uncanny?

There were also fake evolution videos- like this one.

and this one!

I don't wanna spam you guys with links of cursed 2007 era content, but I will leave you with one last video, which I remember fondly and I don't even know why : ' D

Let me know if you recognize any of these- or, even better, if you have any to share yourself!!!

Buizel
05-02-2021, 07:54 PM
I remember in the older games how stupid Blissey's HP was and this video comes to mind lol

Cinnamoroll
05-02-2021, 08:06 PM
I.... did not know of this cursed Pokemon content?!?
But now you’ve got me VERY interested and I feel like I’ve fallen down a rabbit hole. So thank you :o_o:

Extraterrestrial
05-08-2021, 11:28 AM
Oh my god, March of the Mews is the Pokemon content locked away in my brain that just came back. Mewthree never left me, but March of the Mews just killed me all over again lmfao. I watched a lot of this guy's videos.

I was so scared of bad eggs when I was a kid!

Aero
05-08-2021, 02:38 PM
I remember the rumour where you had to go to some truck and then press A a bunch of times and then suddenly Mew. I think I heard a similar rumour for Lugia in Crystal version...

Also I read quite a few copypastas back in the day, and some of them I definitely could have done without reading (e.g. Lavender town tune copypasta, pokemon black? iirc?)

parapex
05-10-2021, 12:29 PM
Oh my god, March of the Mews is the Pokemon content locked away in my brain that just came back. Mewthree never left me, but March of the Mews just killed me all over again lmfao. I watched a lot of this guy's videos.

I was so scared of bad eggs when I was a kid!

EXACTLY! I remember being horrified that breeding my pokemon would give me one of these, like it was a chance for a shiny pokemon.

Then when I got an action replay I inevitably sat there for hours trying to hatch one, never worked.

Mimikyu
05-10-2021, 05:11 PM
I know that lavender town syndrome is rather well known even amongst non-pokemon fans, but does anyone else remember hypno’s lullaby or did I just have a twisted upbringing? lol

RealisticError
05-10-2021, 05:28 PM
I honestly thought this was going to be rule 34 about Pokemon...I'm glad that the legend of Mewthree is here instead ������

Synth Salazzle
05-11-2021, 03:51 PM
Oh my god, these were so cursed even back in the day but I loved them so much. Teenager me used to be obsessed with these, the mewthree videos being the ones I'd go the most nuts about. You just unlocked so many horribly cringy memories wow.