PDA

View Full Version : Automate Familiar Bonding! (Both Attached and Stored~)

Parker
04-20-2021, 01:36 PM
Hi! New here, only really here for FR because I don't play much else where clraik would be useful. Anyhow, I've been using this particular method to bond with my fams daily for A While and thus far haven't been banned. I've got another friend using this method as well, and you can set it to run and just continue on in another window without having the bonding one focused or open. (You might have to check in every so often in case it hangs, though; this isn't perfect and I haven't tinkered with it enough to figure out what exactly causes it because it does what it needs to for me.)

Anyhow, to the guide!

You'll need this addon:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
And this file, if you don't want to build your own:
I use it on Firefox, so I don't know if the GUI looks different with Chrome, but the file should be the same for either one.

Open the addon and pick the "Open an Existing Project" option to open the provided file. The window should look like this:
You're going to need to do some minor editing to get it to work for you, but it's simple!

Bonding with attached familiars:

In the "Target" field of line 1, replace "DRAGONID" with the ID# of the first dragon in your lair.

This opens the dragon's page, bonds with the familiar, and then sends the right arrow key to go to the next dragon. You do need to make sure that there's not a familiar-less dragon somewhere in your lair, though, or else it'll hang. You can probably do a bit of tinkering with this to make one that can skip a dragon without a familiar, but I don't really have a reason to do it myself at the moment. However, if there's an interest, I can give it a go.

Bonding with stored familiars:

In the "Target" field of line 1, replace "DRAGONID" with the ID# of the dragon you want to shuffle familiars on for this. You only need the one, if you want to designate a bonding buddy!

You can change the "Target" of line 2 for the number of times to repeat this action; it's currently set at 400, but you can up it if you have more!

In the "Target" field of line 10, replace "DRAGONNAME" with the name of the dragon you're using for this, not the ID.

What this does is:
-opens the dragon's page
-clicks the button to swap out familiars
-selects "Not Awakened" in the drop-down
-selects "Not Bonded Today" in the drop-down
-clicks the first available familiar
-clicks the link (the dragon's name) to go back to the dragon's page
-clicks to bond with the familiar
-clicks to close the popup
-repeats

If you want to bond with all of your saved familiars, awakened or not, you can delete lines 4-7, but the process is already incredibly time-consuming, so I've just been bonding with the ones I need to awaken for those sweet, sweet chests.

Running and misc notes:

Click the "Run Current Test" button (triangle button without the little lines on the side) and wait for the page to open and load, then go back and click the "Stop Test Execution" button (the square) and restart it again the same way.

I haven't figured out why it usually needs to have it stopped and restarted to work -- like how I haven't figured out why it occasionally hangs (though I suspect that is more to do with the number of tabs I have open) -- but it works well enough for what I need to do, so I haven't really worked on a minor annoyance that take all of four extra clicks to get it running.

So long as you check the page every so often to make sure it's still running, you can just minimize it and go about your day, because it'll run without having the window focused. I wouldn't suggest using the site otherwise while you're doing this, though, just to be safe.

Most of the time (with only the occasional hiccup) once it runs out of familiars, it'll kick back an error and pop the IDE window back up for you, so you know it's finished.

It does take a frankly hideous length of time to do if you've got a lot of familiars, but since it can be done minimized, it's not too much of a hassle.

This addon can be used to automate other repetitive tasks on the site, too, I just haven't really had a problem with manually clicking my gathering and stuff. If you've got an interest in me setting up something like that, I'll give it a go. Though while I'm more than happy to share the base stuff I've worked out, I'm also lazy as hell and have the attention span of a squirrel, so fully polishing and debugging doesn't tend to happen for stuff that works well enough even with the occasional hiccup.

It cannot be used to bot the coliseum. I've tried. However, I'm working on something that can do so fairly consistently if monitored for the captcha. I don't have the knowledge or resources to crack the captcha; hell, half the time I can't even get it using my own human brain because it's so needlessly obnoxious.

Anyhow, hope this helps! ;)

Parker
04-23-2021, 05:43 PM
Okay, for some reason I can't see any of this post, and I don't have any access to even edit it or anything. Is this something other people are experiencing? Is this thread even visible? Is anything real?

(okay the last one is a joke, but. I've got edits I want to make and if it isn't even showing to anyone else then I might want to repost it?)

Parker
04-23-2021, 07:47 PM

BAT FIXED IT! Thank you Bat!

Synth Salazzle
04-24-2021, 11:48 AM
Okay, for some reason I can't see any of this post, and I don't have any access to even edit it or anything. Is this something other people are experiencing? Is this thread even visible? Is anything real?

(okay the last one is a joke, but. I've got edits I want to make and if it isn't even showing to anyone else then I might want to repost it?)

It's likely because you're so new, make a few more posts around and I think that ability comes on it's own. I might be wrong though, when in doubt, let staff know something's up :)

Parker
04-24-2021, 03:38 PM
It's likely because you're so new, make a few more posts around and I think that ability comes on it's own. I might be wrong though, when in doubt, let staff know something's up :)

Oh yeah, I posted in the help forum and Bat sorted it out for me. It was the guide itself that had run off, but it's back now! :D

Synth Salazzle
04-24-2021, 06:16 PM
Oh yeah, I posted in the help forum and Bat sorted it out for me. It was the guide itself that had run off, but it's back now! :D

Glad to see it, familiar bonding is a serious pain. Thank you for helping out.

MilkFrog
06-20-2021, 08:25 AM
This has been super helpful thank you for doing this!
I took like the first hour to play with it and added delays to fix the random hiccups it has and so gar since adding it its been smooth sailing :>

ninuanni
06-23-2021, 03:15 AM
I have to thank you for this script as well. My partner and I both have over 300 familiars in our hoards each and this is a total lifesaver!

nil
03-07-2022, 06:00 PM
this is super helpful, thank you

Witchx
04-08-2022, 08:37 AM
It seems the Bonding Attached familiars one is not working, and keeps getting hung up on the "send keys css=.ui-widget-overlay ${KEY_RIGHT}"

PabstBlueRibbon
04-24-2022, 10:02 PM
It seems the Bonding Attached familiars one is not working, and keeps getting hung up on the "send keys css=.ui-widget-overlay ${KEY_RIGHT}"

I had the same problem. From troubletshooting it seems specifically related to the browser.

Despite that there is a Chrome version of this program it does NOT run well with it.

I tried in Chrome/Opera/Opera X and it hung on the exact same spot

This particular script ONLY seems to work in Firefox browser.

spoonless
11-08-2022, 12:31 PM
I'm having a problem where it opens the browser and gets to the correct dragon, opens the familiar page and correctly selects an unawakened, unbonded familiar but won't then click on the dragon's name to go bond with the familiar. I've quadruple checked that i've put the dragon's name in the target for line 10. I've copied and pasted the name to make sure it's 10% exactly what it is on the page but it still won't work past that point. i've tried it on different dragons with different names and same thing happens. Any suggestions? I'm using firefox as suggested.

Lovedraguns
11-21-2022, 11:01 AM
spoonless I was able to get it to work, you just press the arrow button after both of the inputs are in. Are you pressing something else?

spoonless
11-22-2022, 03:59 PM
No I was pressing the right button, i'm just an idiot and in the target box for line 10 where i'm supposed to replace the dragonname part, i replaced the entire "linktext=dragonname" line with my dragon's name instead of only the dragonname part. I did that with the dragon id as well and it worked there when i replaced the entire line...-shrugs- ah well, it works now, thanks for getting me to take another look at it instead of giving it all up as a bad job!

Lovedraguns
12-20-2022, 08:30 AM
The stores bonding works extremely well if it’s the only page you leave running on the computer, I’ve found. Otherwise it gets posed you have tabs/YouTube open and hangs. Took me forty minutes versus 1.5 hours when I tried it both ways for about 1k familiars. I hope this helps anyone frustrated!