PDA

View Full Version : [Realbasic] Anyone here use RB?

Ben
12-26-2011, 06:47 PM
I have RB for mac which is a UNIX programming language, I can make a GUI just fine, I've tried to follow some tutorials before on how to program things, but I'm just curious if anyone here codes in RB that could help me learn some things about it.

Miguel
12-26-2011, 07:09 PM
I have RB for mac which is a UNIX programming language, I can make a GUI just fine, I've tried to follow some tutorials before on how to program things, but I'm just curious if anyone here codes in RB that could help me learn some things about it.

RB isn't a Unix language o_O Its a RAD studio like VB, but able to compile to *nix based machines as well as Windows machines.

Realbasic (RB) is the object-oriented dialect of the BASIC programming language used in Real Studio, a programming environment, developed and commercially marketed by Real Software, Inc of Austin, Texas for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, 32-bit x86 Linux [1] and the web [2][3]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Also as for programming you should be familiar with the basics of programming and such in your language before you attempt to make things for Neo, etc. Programming isn't just making Neo programs, there's millions of possibilities just with the basic things you learn that can also help you learn.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] Seems like a good start