PDA

View Full Version : AMF help?

yesnt
03-16-2021, 12:09 PM
Hey,

I wondered if anyone who knows more about Neopets' implementation of AMF than I do might be able to give me some advice/a point in the right direction with something I'm working on?

Thanks in advance :D

j03
03-16-2021, 12:30 PM
yesnt Sure thing. What are you needing help with?

We also have a few threads (from years ago) that dive into programming and manipulating the AMFPHP library.

yesnt
03-17-2021, 11:14 AM
The main thing I'd love to know is if you're aware of any way to browse the AMF services that are available?

I found this old thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) that details the AMF browser but of course that's long out of date now, but from that and a couple of other old AMF threads I was able to glean a few different functions that aren't very useful, but are fun to play around with haha.

I ask because I've happily been using the 'CustomPetService.getViewerData' AMF function for a while now to gather colour/UC information on pets.
I got that function from the DTI source code, but I'd never heard of AMF before that and it didn't cross my mind to check what other services/functions are available until recently.

So I'm essentially just hoping for some more information on what other services are out there to see if there's anything else I can make use of.

Hope that makes sense, and thanks :)