PDA

View Full Version : Diablo II Remaster is coming!

Mikal
02-21-2021, 06:22 PM
Hey Guys and Gals, its finally been announced, we are getting a Diablo II remaster called: Diablo II Resurrected

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Anyone else excited about this news? Also a good video about a deep dive into some features and changes that are planned below

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Alister
02-21-2021, 06:32 PM
YES I AM SO EXCITED

I didn't play a ton of Diablo II myself, if any...I can't remember if it was D1 or D2 that my dad had. Either way I loved it, and I have played well over ohhhh probably 1k hours in D3 (mindless rift grinding is my meditation) so I'm super exited about D2. It is also one of the few games I might be able to convince my non-gamer boyfriend to play with me, as even he enjoyed the original version.

kopiko
02-21-2021, 06:58 PM
I cant wait for D2! I've played it for countless hours with my friends when I was young. Those were good times

Hopefully it is nothing like Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Ariealle
02-21-2021, 08:13 PM
I've only ever heard that D2 was the best Diablo and have played 3 myself across all the years. literally getting to the point where we would restart new chars just to find a puzzle ring, play through the level and call it a day. hella excited to experience 2, so so ready!

Mikal
02-22-2021, 03:23 PM
It's a different company, Vicarious Visions, who are doing the remaster than the one that did Warcraft 3 Reforged.
VV remastered games like Tony Hawk 1 & 2 and Crash Bandicoot which I heard were pretty good so it looks promising

Nattiee
02-22-2021, 05:10 PM
This is exciting!

I only watched about 2 minutes of the second video but am I right in saying they outsourced their remastered make? We've already been waiting for what feel like a million years for D4 - I was worried by splitting dev time up would delay both projects hardcore.

Also;

Bring back the auction house :'(

Mikal
02-23-2021, 01:47 AM
This is exciting!

I only watched about 2 minutes of the second video but am I right in saying they outsourced their remastered make? We've already been waiting for what feel like a million years for D4 - I was worried by splitting dev time up would delay both projects hardcore.

Also;

Bring back the auction house :'(

Vicarious Visions are technically part of Blizzard now, they were owned by Activision and are now in the Blizzard division

Source ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

empmirage
04-04-2021, 08:38 AM
I reallly hope we get a new act at some point. I've been playing d2 for the past 20 years(mostly bots :D)

The remaster is somewhat bittersweet for me since I own about 80 sets of cd keys that will likely become obsolete when this releases. Also my years of botting knowledge become useless since an old dog will have to learn new tricks.

Either way--I'm fine with no botting--as long as there's really no botting(doubtful ) :)

Synth Salazzle
04-12-2021, 10:15 PM
Always had a deep regret about not playing this at the time it was out. Gonna have to check it out now for sure.

Ambient
04-13-2021, 04:57 AM
Always had a deep regret about not playing this at the time it was out. Gonna have to check it out now for sure.

Now you can right all your wrongs in life! Hurray!

empmirage
04-16-2021, 08:55 PM

haha it's an amazing game

I cannot wait :)