PDA

View Full Version : What's new with clraik (February 2021)

Bat
02-18-2021, 12:19 PM
It's a good thing that we didn't commit to posting these updates monthly! It's been a while, but certainly not owing to a lack of content! Here's what has been going on.

We're gearing up for another live stream in the near future, and we've packed it with topics that we think you'll love hearing about! Please stay tuned for updates. If you'd like to suggest a topic, then don't hesitate to reach out via post or private message to any members of our staff!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Ryugotchi scene creation contest ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) in January, and to the incomparable Fabulous for hosting! The contributions were amazing, and choosing winners was incredibly difficult for us. Please join me in congratulating the following members!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Alister
valora
Aero
Stardust
Stardew

While we've selected an initial collection of scenes to add, we'd love to add more periodically as we update the Ryugotchi ecosystem! If you submitted a scene to this contest, then please make sure to send your scene's work file ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) over so that we can get it added! We'll reach out to the winners for the initial batch.

And speaking of awesome contributions! Please extend a hardy congratulations to the winners of 2020's Pokemon GFX event ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) as well! These awesome Fak�mon evolutions earned their creators a digital download of Animal Crossing: New Horizons or Doom Eternal!

Typhrados ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) by Dita
Tenebrumbreon ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) by Erik.
Volcana by [anonymous]

Ho-nou ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) by Stardust

Hydras ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) by Great White North

Do you remember where you were when we counted to 10,000 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])? Hopefully you managed to nab this userbar for helping out!

Counted to 10,000

We're big music fans around here, so it goes without saying that we needed a userbar to show off our favorite songs!

Music Lover

But this isn't just a fancy scrolling userbar! Once unlocked, you can head over to the userbar section ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) of the edit profile page and customize it to play the song of your choice!

Search for the song you want to play in your userbar
Select the result you're looking for
Customize your userbar using the album art from the song

When you're finished, click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page to commit your userbar, and you're good to go! Your userbar will be playable from your profile, or from any posts you make around the forum!

(This userbar utilizes YouTube to play, and may be impacted by region or ad-blocking restrictions.)

If you're hanging out with us on a special occasion, then you may also score this colorful userbar as our way of saying thanks for letting us celebrate with you!

Party Time

Continued revisions to the Neopets site have occasionally interrupted program and script usability, but we're hard at work keeping things running stably for you! Please make sure to check your program or script's respective thread for updates. If there are no updates posted in response to recent Neopets changes, then we'd strongly suggest that you avoid using that bot until it is updated. Tampering with a program or script in order to work around issues is done so at your own risk.

If you're a program or script creator, then we'd like to take a moment to warn you that there are changes being made to Neopets which might impact your code's ability to interpret data on pages. Please make sure that your code is able to handle errors without getting stuck in loops that perform postbacks to the Neopets site. The Neopets team is watching out for bot-like behavior from players that are using malfunctioning programs and scripts, and excessive postbacks are a dead giveaway.

Cheat safely, everybody!

Mario2302
02-18-2021, 12:27 PM
congratz to all the winners of the ryugotchi scene creation contest.
Well deserved for sure!!

and thanks to everyone involved in giving us these amazing userbars.
I love them and love collecting them :)

Da Plushee Boree
02-18-2021, 12:31 PM
i have made "collect userbars and ryo themes" one of my main sports here at CK!
Thanks for the news, Bat! Hope i will be around to the new stream! :D !!

Congrats to all winners and participants of the Ryugotchi Creation Contest! All entries were so creative and beautiful, i tried to come with my own but couldn't figure out what to do hahah, so i accept my defeat in front of all of you amazing artist and creators! Will be trying hard to get all the new scenes!

Cinnamoroll
02-18-2021, 12:40 PM
Thank you for the updates! Good to hear another stream is coming up, I will definitely be tuning in. Also LOVE the party time userbar. Can't wait to add it to my collection since my birthday is in April! :o_o: :rolleyes:

kittyray
02-18-2021, 12:49 PM
Oh,yay, always love to see an update!

i have made "collect userbars and ryo themes" one of my main sports here at CK!

I have, too! It's been a lot of fun! Makes me regret some of my long absences because of the retired ones (just like neopets and avatars!). But so many new ones recently (plus the Ryu ones, congrats again to the winners). I said it in the main thread, but I love so much about the music one!

Also looking forward to the livestream. The last one was a ton of fun!

Gato
02-18-2021, 12:54 PM
Thank you for the update, epic userbars and congrats to all the Ryugotchi scene winners!
I'm super behind on the scenes but can't wait to see these around, great work!

kittyray
02-18-2021, 01:35 PM
Oh, also congrats to the Pokemon winners! Loved all the entries!

Hall
02-18-2021, 01:35 PM
Awesome update, I hadn't seen the Fakemon so that was an extra special treat! :3

Da Plushee Boree
02-18-2021, 01:55 PM
Makes me regret some of my long absences because of the retired ones (just like neopets and avatars!)

THISSS!!! I was lurking only/out of forum for a long time and now i kinda regret it.. not only because of the amazing UBs i lost, but also the activities and community work i missed too, sure it pays to be here everyday and get to know everyone a little more each day ♥

rio
02-18-2021, 01:59 PM
There are some seriously talented people hanging out here! Congrats to all the winners, you've all made such beautiful images.
Looking forward to the stream and unlocking those gorgeous ryu scenes! Can't wait for the scramble of figuring out how to obtain them haha :o_o:

Erik.
02-18-2021, 02:39 PM
Thanks Bat and the CK team for all the new stuff :D And congrats to the other Pok�mon winners!!!

Stardew
02-18-2021, 03:48 PM
I love the updates this month Bat! :) The creativity continues to amaze me. The music userbar, especially! What a game changer.

To clarify, what does "send your scene's work file over" mean? Are we talking about the uncompressed, original 158 x 20 px file? :P

Bat
02-18-2021, 04:50 PM
Are we talking about the uncompressed, original 158 x 20 px file? :P

Yes, please! Whatever you created your scene in - we'd appreciate if you could send us the project file for it so that we can work with the assets and the overlays directly when adding them to our spritesheet. That way, we minimize any loss of quality or damage to the assets.

TsUNaMy WaVe
02-18-2021, 05:26 PM
I'm so excited for the next livestream!!! :o_o:
Thank you for all of the great and fun content and community events here in ck! There's always something to do and that's just awesome.
Congrats to all of the contests winners! And as people probably guessed from my userbars thread, collecting them is my favorite activity as well :3

Politoed
02-18-2021, 05:34 PM
Love the new userbar! And the new ones created by everyone are lovely.

Ariealle
02-18-2021, 05:41 PM
Thank you x1000000 for consistently providing a never ending, lively experience and fun place to gather. Congrats to all winners from Pokemon to Ryu. Fine jobs everyone has done.

Beth77
02-18-2021, 06:54 PM
Amazing. That is all I can say. The ryu scene contest, the submissions, the winners, just amazing! The Pokemon evo contest, the submissions, the winners, just amazing! The counted to 10k userbar, amazing! Music bar with the interactions (I will own you one day), amazing! Music lover bar (I will own you one day), amazing! All the mods, and their creativity planning and hosting events, creating the interactive bars, giving us so many new things to play with, you all are amazing!

Bat - Going forward, I don't know how you will ever top the interactive ryu and music bars but one thing I do know for sure, is you will and I will continue to be amazed!

Buizel
02-18-2021, 09:41 PM
As always, thank you to all the mods, and honestly this whole community, for the hard work, updates, and overall friendliness seen throughout the forums! :$

Congrats to the winners of the Ryu BG contest as well. :) All the entries were wonderfully done haha.

Koto
02-18-2021, 11:16 PM
Thank you so much to all of the lovely mods for always coming up with new, fun, exciting things to keep us occupied with <3 I've been especially appreciative of how amazing our community here really is in the last few months, and I'm just so delighted to know that there's more puzzles for us to solve and community events to look forward to!

Peanutface
02-19-2021, 12:40 AM
Congratulations to the winners and I love their new userbars.

Menine
02-19-2021, 07:07 PM
Been off ck for a while and loved to be back and see so much new things :3
Missed you guys <3

Charmander
02-19-2021, 08:10 PM
Missed you guys <3

Welcome back Menine!

LibraryFaerie
02-22-2021, 10:54 AM
Oh,yay, always love to see an update!

I have, too! It's been a lot of fun! Makes me regret some of my long absences because of the retired ones (just like neopets and avatars!). But so many new ones recently (plus the Ryu ones, congrats again to the winners). I said it in the main thread, but I love so much about the music one!

Also looking forward to the livestream. The last one was a ton of fun!

That 1,000,000 Posts ub will haunt me until the day I die!

But I agree with everything thats being said here. So so appreciative of all of the updates and fun things constantly being done around the site <3

Mario2302
02-22-2021, 11:22 AM
That 1,000,000 Posts ub will haunt me until the day I die!

But I agree with everything thats being said here. So so appreciative of all of the updates and fun things constantly being done around the site <3

well that one could still be achievable as per Bat's own input ([Only registered and activated users can see links]!&p=1144706&viewfull=1#post1144706) actually but we'll have to make an effort so come and join us :p ([Only registered and activated users can see links]!/page1142)

Nattiee
02-23-2021, 09:51 PM
Missed you guys <3

Queen of DoCK - we've missed you <3