PDA

View Full Version : cK's March Madness of Pokemon!

Charmander
02-10-2021, 10:23 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Let's have some fun this March! There may not be a bunch of NCAA basketball fans on cK; however, I know there are a lot of Pokemon fans! So let's see which Pokemon is the ultimate champion with a little March Madness of Pokemon!
I am hoping this can be a yearly event each March with a different theme! This year's theme being Pokemon!

OVERALL EVENT

Here is a little overview on how the event will work. On Challonge we have created a playoff bracket matching Pokemon against each other. The first round is going to be quite the battle! Each participant will create their own prediction on how the matches will play out through each round of the event and predict who will ultimately win the event. These predictions need to be completed before voting starts in March. Once March roles around participants can log into Challonge and then place votes on who they think/or want to win each matchup. Voting periods for each round are about 5 days to allow everyone to be able to get their votes in. The Pokemon with the most votes will win the match and advance in the event. This process will continue until a final Pokemon champion is decided. That that point the cK participant whose predictions most closely match the true outcome of the event wins!

SIGN-UPS

This event is open to any cK member! If you want to sign up please post so here so I can keep a running list of who is all participating. Once you have done so you can then head to Challonge to start your predictions!

PREDICTIVE BRACKET

To create your predictive bracket please log into Challonge and head to the bracket.

Link has been removed and mailed to all active participants who submitted brackets

When submitting your predicitions; under Prediction Title please use your cK username as part of it so I know who you are. (eg. Great White North's Bracket)

You have until February 28th to submit your predictions. Once March beings predictive brackets will no longer be accepted and the tournament will begin!

VOTING

*ONLY PARTICIPANTS WHO HAVE SUBMITTED BRACKETS SHOULD BE VOTING*

On March 1st the first rounds of voting will being. Make sure to vote on what Pokemon would win the head to head match up. Once the first round of voting is complete and the winners are declared the next round of voting will begin. This process will repeat until the end of the tournament!

Round Voting Deadlines

ROUND 1 - March 5
ROUND 2 - March 10
ROUND 3 - March 15
ROUND 4 - March 20
SEMIFINALS - March 25
FINALS - March 30

DECLARING A WINNER

The winner of the March Madness of Pokemon will be the participant whose predictive bracket produces the most points and is the most accurate to the outcomes of the voting results. Each round will have a allocated score for each correct prediction. As the tournament progresses the value of each correct prediction increases. (eg. Round 1 correct prediction = 10 points, Round 2 correct prediction = 20). This is all calculated by the Challonge program.

PRIZES

The Winner of the March Madness of Pokemon will receive $30 USD as well as 1 Month of cK VIP

Prizes are continually being worked on and updated. If you would like to contribute to the prize pool I am more than open to that as well!

PARTICIPANTS

kopiko
02-10-2021, 10:52 PM
Awesome! Thanks for hosting this :D

Have made my predictions~

Ice
02-10-2021, 11:02 PM
This sounds really interesting! I actually have terrible knowledge of Pokemon past like, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, but I will definitely take a look to see what this is all about. Thanks so much for hosting, you and motherfucker! :D

motherfucker
02-10-2021, 11:04 PM
I’m excited to make some predictions. I did my best to pair Pok�mon for some intense first rounds.

I’m interested to see if what I think will happen happens.

kittyray
02-10-2021, 11:13 PM
My lineup will mostly be my whims, but excite! Thank you for hosting this!

Mario2302
02-11-2021, 04:08 AM
NICE! gotta get my predictions in for this for sure :) something for tonight or the upcoming weekend for sure!

Thanks for hosting this!!

Danny Phantom
02-11-2021, 09:01 AM
Awesome!! Definitely going to send in my predictions. :o_o: I feel like I've been out of the loop for some newer pokemon but I'll do my best, hahah!

Thank you both for hosting!

John Cena
02-11-2021, 09:05 AM
Is Mew winning too far-fetched?
Picking based on cuteness is hard :c

xmilo
02-11-2021, 10:00 AM
i’ll be joining! thanks for hosting!

Nyanobyte
02-11-2021, 11:13 AM
Got mine in! Thank you both so much for hosting this, what a great idea! ^^
Really hope this becomes an annual event!

For anyone newer to Pokemon or need some extra help:
I used this Type Calculator ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) when I was unsure of a Pokemon type strengths/weaknesses.

Next, if you want to see a specific Pokemon stats here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is a good place for it! Granted this is getting a bit deeper into it, so its nice for if you want to go all out and get into the typing and stats.

Good luck everyone! ^^

Charmander
02-11-2021, 11:20 AM
Got mine in! Thank you both so much for hosting this, what a great idea! ^^
Really hope this becomes an annual event!

For anyone newer to Pokemon or need some extra help:
I used this Type Calculator ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) when I was unsure of a Pokemon type strengths/weaknesses.

Next, if you want to see a specific Pokemon stats here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is a good place for it! Granted this is getting a bit deeper into it, so its nice for if you want to go all out and get into the typing and stats.

Good luck everyone! ^^

My hope is to keep it an annual event but each time change the theme. Like March Madness of Horror movies, or maybe March Madness of Petpets etc. Change it up. Keep it fresh.

motherfucker
02-11-2021, 11:25 AM
When I was making pairs, it was more about popularity/counterparts than actual strengths. Votes are subjective based on both who would win, but also who is more popular based on preferences.

It should make for a fun experiment.
I picked a strong-ass winner in the end.

It was hard because I had to go both on strengths in some places and then potential popularity in others.

Alister
02-11-2021, 11:27 AM

Ariealle
02-11-2021, 12:11 PM
Oh I would like to join! Thank you for hosting, Great White North. Can we discuss? That Xerneas and Yveltal match tho... Very intrigued.

Charmander
02-11-2021, 12:16 PM
Oh I would like to join! Thank you for hosting, Great White North. Can we discuss? That Xerneas and Yveltal match tho... Very intrigued.

What would you like to discuss? Haha I may have to bring in motherfucker for this....

motherfucker
02-11-2021, 12:20 PM
Me making the pairings:

Saturnine
02-11-2021, 12:29 PM
From what I gathered we should vote based both on their strenghts/matchups and popularity? Seems fun

I'm in!

motherfucker
02-11-2021, 12:35 PM
From what I gathered we should vote based both on their strenghts/matchups and popularity? Seems fun

I'm in!

There's no way to control how someone votes, so it would have to be a combination of both!

Charmander
02-11-2021, 12:44 PM

I'm in!

This is what makes it fun as there are no rules on how you vote. People could vote on who they thing on stats would win the matchup or some may just vote on their personal favourites or who just looks cooler haha.

motherfucker
02-11-2021, 01:27 PM
I have to stop looking at the bracket, because the more I look, the more I want to make changes.
I need to stick with my gut.

The chance that things could change based on preference makes it stress-inducing.

but I secretly love it

Just for information, I didn't pair anything up to make sure certain wins happened. I paired up in notepad, then inserted pairs into the ladder through Excel, randomly after spacing our Legendary pairs, so apart from pairs, the rest is random.

Da Plushee Boree
02-11-2021, 01:28 PM
OMG, almost all my votes might go for favorites/who would win in a match!

*Le me before selecting my winner in Kazam vs Gengar*

(happens that i train competitive Alakazam and my partner trains competitive Gengar)

Charmander
02-11-2021, 02:09 PM
I guess I should work on my own predictions ahaha this should be fun. So many hard choices!!!

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Latios vs latias

Blue vs red......what colour tickles my fancy......?

Mama Bear
02-11-2021, 03:54 PM
This sounds really interesting! I actually have terrible knowledge of Pokemon past like, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, but I will definitely take a look to see what this is all about. Thanks so much for hosting, you and motherfucker! :D

I'm with you on knowledge of newer Pokemon. I looked at the brackets and was like, "Ok, thing I know vs whatever the fuck that is."

motherfucker
02-11-2021, 04:00 PM
I'm with you on knowledge of newer Pokemon. I looked at the brackets and was like, "Ok, thing I know vs whatever the fuck that is."

That's another important thing to take into account when making predictions! Users are more likely to vote for something they know!

Ariealle
02-11-2021, 04:37 PM
Oh yah lol. It was nothing in particular just a pretty sweet match. I didn't know how this was going to work, if we were really going to try and figure out which one would win or not. Should be done predictions soon.

Mario2302
02-11-2021, 06:13 PM
gosh, i really don't have a clue about half of the ones listed :p seems i need to catch up on pokemon lore a bit :o

prediction is up though but might be adjusting it a bit still in the days to come.

Charmander
02-11-2021, 10:15 PM
Well got my predictions in. I'm not settled on them though. So.many options and ways it can go. Should just go with my guy instead of comparing strengths and weaknesses lol

kittyray
02-11-2021, 10:19 PM
Well got my predictions in. I'm not settled on them though. So.many options and ways it can go. Should just go with my guy instead of comparing strengths and weaknesses lol

Mine was 85% "which one do i think looks better" 10% "what do i think the rest of ck would think looks better" and 5% "with my knowledge, which would win".
Now watch my entire first round be wrong.

Ariealle
02-11-2021, 11:30 PM
I had to take a break earlier but am nearly finished. super stuck though on one of them that's holding me back. most of what was said was taken into account, how some could only be chosen for the looks, so i thought, what would ck pick? if i'm wrong, you know i don't belong. other than that, i've been heavy checking move sets and weaknesses and stuff to help decide because some of these battles are too epic to not try to figure out. also hope at the end we can post our picks as some of these have me rolling.

Zapdos
02-12-2021, 12:02 AM
Awesome, doing my predictions now! Thanks for this guys! ;)

Is Arceus in this competition normal type, for all intents and purposes?

motherfucker
02-12-2021, 12:09 AM
Awesome, doing my predictions now! Thanks for this guys! ;)

Is Arceus in this competition normal type, for all intents and purposes?

I was under the impression Arceus is normal type. But it can be whatever you type you think would be best ;)

Zapdos
02-12-2021, 12:18 AM
I was under the impression Arceus is normal type. But it can be whatever you type you think would be best ;)

It is, I overthought it and was thinking about the plate items that change its type. I'm assuming no items are being held :P

In any case I finally yeeted mine in! I need to think less and submit more hahaha

Charmander
02-12-2021, 11:34 AM
It is, I overthought it and was thinking about the plate items that change its type. I'm assuming no items are being held :P

In any case I finally yeeted mine in! I need to think less and submit more hahaha

Oh man that just flew over my head haha.

Yay we now have 13 participants so far! The more we have the more interesting the votes!

Koto
02-12-2021, 01:00 PM
Me staring at the Gyrados/Milotic matchup for 12 hours.
motherfucker I refuse to believe that this was RNG and that you didn't do this to torture us.

motherfucker
02-12-2021, 06:30 PM
Me staring at the Gyrados/Milotic matchup for 12 hours.
motherfucker I refuse to believe that this was RNG and that you didn't do this to torture us.

I replaced Aerodactyl with Milotic last minute

Xoxo

Koto
02-12-2021, 06:55 PM
I replaced Aerodactyl with Milotic last minute

Xoxo

Really living up to that username, eh?

motherfucker
02-12-2021, 09:27 PM
Really living up to that username, eh?

I ALWAYS do my best.

Digipoop
02-12-2021, 09:37 PM
Thank you for hosting! Let's see how it plays out!

Charmander
02-12-2021, 09:51 PM
Thank you for hosting! Let's see how it plays out!

Haha I love your bracket name!

Buizel
02-12-2021, 11:36 PM
I play way too much pokemon to pass this up! I'd love to participate. :)

Edit: Just finished mine and these were some tough pick! Luckily some were easier since x4 damage + going against someone who out speeds you ++ them naturally learning a x4 move eliminated some right off the bat lol

Erik.
02-13-2021, 04:34 PM
Entered! I didn't know half of the Pok�mon so I just favored the OG ones. I want Mew to win :o_o:

Nattiee
02-13-2021, 09:26 PM
woop this should be interesting ! Thanks for hosting, GWN!!

edit: Holy hell that was difficult.. it's interesting with Arceus in the mix because he's literally god but I put a fun twist at the end because who knows.. maybe God doesn't always win ;0 If anyone is interested, I used this site ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) to compare pokemon. It really helped lay the stats side by side. All you need to do is search the pokemon you want and at the bottom of the page there's a "compare" button and you can pop 2 pokemon side by side and compare stats, types, etc.

Charmander
02-14-2021, 11:38 AM
woop this should be interesting ! Thanks for hosting, GWN!!

edit: Holy hell that was difficult.. it's interesting with Arceus in the mix because he's literally god but I put a fun twist at the end because who knows.. maybe God doesn't always win ;0 If anyone is interested, I used this site ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) to compare pokemon. It really helped lay the stats side by side. All you need to do is search the pokemon you want and at the bottom of the page there's a "compare" button and you can pop 2 pokemon side by side and compare stats, types, etc.

Great work! Until my none stat based votes come and cause chaos!!! MUAHAHAHA

kittyray
02-14-2021, 11:53 AM
What'll be interesting is if I even remember how I predicted when it comes time to vote.

Nattiee
02-14-2021, 11:56 AM
Great work! Until my none stat based votes come and cause chaos!!! MUAHAHAHA

Donatella Versace
02-16-2021, 10:48 PM
I am trying to figure out how to unlock the userbar? Am I missing something?

Batgirl
02-16-2021, 11:58 PM
Submitted mine!

I did a mixture of who would win/cuteness/fan favorites (AKA Gen 1)

Thanks so much for this!

Charmander
02-17-2021, 02:03 AM
I am trying to figure out how to unlock the userbar? Am I missing something?

What userbar are you referring to?

Koto
02-17-2021, 11:23 AM
I expect to get my ass absolutely handed to me, but I based my predictions on a combination of fan-favourites and minimal stat-based comparisons so we shall see.

Charmander
02-17-2021, 11:48 AM
It will all depend on where all of the the votes end up which is super exciting! It's even more exciting as we can't see anyone elses predictions either to try and predict votes.

I also expect to get my ass handed to me. But hey that is the fun in this event!

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

We have 19 participants so far which is fantastic to have such a large group as well!

LibraryFaerie
02-17-2021, 12:50 PM
Ok, my bracket is in! Now to tinker with it for the next week because I'll never be fully satisfied with it lol Also here for TEAM MEW

motherfucker
02-17-2021, 04:57 PM
I still have to stop staring at my brackets because I keep wanting to change things, but I'll be pissed if it turns out a different way.

Donatella Versace
02-17-2021, 05:03 PM
What userbar are you referring to?

The White Lugia one, it was supposed to be easy to get, but I am at a complete loss as to how to get any of the Pokemon userbars, I have looked over the userbar guide a few times and I am still lost.

Charmander
02-17-2021, 05:06 PM
The White Lugia one, it was supposed to be easy to get, but I am at a complete loss as to how to get any of the Pokemon userbars, I have looked over the userbar guide a few times and I am still lost.

The Pokemon userbars are only handed out to winners/finalists of specific events. So you will have to keep an eye out for any of those events to try and get one. The last one to hand them out was the Pokemon GFX Contest.

kittyray
02-17-2021, 05:12 PM

The Pokemon ones have a few different categories. The posting ones are pretty straightforward, which you probably saw in the guide. You'll get your first one, the red Pikachu, when you reach 50 posts in non SPAM/trading sections. Then there are a bunch of others, you can only get by participating in events. Most recently there was the Pokemon GXF Competition ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). There were 15 Pokemon bars for all entrants to pick from, and an additional 8 for the finalists. To be fitting with the reward, those ones had a lot of legendaries, including Lugia.

[edit] oops i was too slow and so much so i don't think i can call it ninja'd.

Charmander
02-17-2021, 05:46 PM
The Pokemon ones have a few different categories. The posting ones are pretty straightforward, which you probably saw in the guide. You'll get your first one, the red Pikachu, when you reach 50 posts in non SPAM/trading sections. Then there are a bunch of others, you can only get by participating in events. Most recently there was the Pokemon GXF Competition ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). There were 15 Pokemon bars for all entrants to pick from, and an additional 8 for the finalists. To be fitting with the reward, those ones had a lot of legendaries, including Lugia.

[edit] oops i was too slow and so much so i don't think i can call it ninja'd.

I totally forgot about the post count bars! Thanks for adding this!

Charmander
02-24-2021, 06:14 PM
Hey everyone! Just a friendly reminder there are only a few more days to set your prediction brackets. When March 1st comes around then the voting will begin!

Nameless Ghoul
02-24-2021, 07:14 PM
I'd love to participate, submitting my predictions now

Charmander
02-27-2021, 10:35 AM
Hey everyone! We have 22 participants whooo hoooo! Only today and tomorrow left to sign up and get your predictions in or make any last minute changes to your bracket. I am hoping to start voting in the morning of March 1st (Mountain Standard Time).

Cat Purrson
02-28-2021, 04:25 AM
I'm joining! Thanks for hosting this is my first time trying something like this!

Charmander
03-01-2021, 10:46 AM
kopiko motherfucker kittyray Danny Phantom Nyanobytes Alister Johncena405 Da Plushee Boree Mario2302 Great White North zapd0s Ariealle xmilo Koto Digipoop Brittany Erik. nattiee Batgirl LibraryFaerie Saturnine Iscariot Cat Purrson

Let the madness begin! Voting is now open for round one! Voting for round one will continue until March 5th. :)

kittyray
03-01-2021, 10:48 AM
I seem to have forgotten my account info already, oops.

[edit] looks like i didn't actually make an account for the predictions, but i need one for voting

Buizel
03-01-2021, 10:56 AM
I seem to have forgotten my account info already, oops.

[edit] looks like i didn't actually make an account for the predictions, but i need one for voting

lmao I did the same exact thing whoops but I made one now at least.

motherfucker
03-01-2021, 11:12 AM
I AM SO READY. My votes were in first thing this morning.
I am stressed out because I want to WINNNNNNN.

IDK how this is gonna go though. I think the first round will be very telling on how people are voting.

kittyray
03-01-2021, 11:25 AM
I feel like I'm about to do very poorly.

motherfucker
03-01-2021, 11:32 AM
I feel like I'm about to do very poorly.

Honestly, the match ups are so close to even. It could go either really well or really bad for people. There isn't really a method to how this will go haha.

I made some really dumb type choices. (Fire over water)... But I could pull out that win based on popularity alone.

Charmander
03-01-2021, 11:40 AM
my votes be in! this should be fun!

motherfucker
03-01-2021, 11:45 AM
I love that I can see my results as others votes come in...
I have successfully predicted all but two so far! We will see if that remains the same.

Charmander
03-01-2021, 11:45 AM
I have successfully predicted all but two so far! We will see if that remains the same.

I also like this! Pretty cool. I did not know it did that. :)

Buizel
03-01-2021, 11:48 AM
Honestly, the match ups are so close to even. It could go either really well or really bad for people. There isn't really a method to how this will go haha.

I made some really dumb type choices. (Fire over water)... But I could pull out that win based on popularity alone.

In your defense, some type disadvantages could pull off the win if they had the right moves, stats, and speed over the other haha

Latios vs Latias thoguh... :cold:

kittyray
03-01-2021, 11:48 AM
So far I've got thirteen wrong, lololol

Mario2302
03-01-2021, 12:08 PM

that's so cool indeed. i'm not pulling the same numbers as you for sure. also seems like i actually voted completely different as my own prediction *slaps self in face*

Charmander
03-01-2021, 12:10 PM
There's lots of days left for all the votes to come in. Don't stress yet.

Cat Purrson
03-01-2021, 12:10 PM
I voted and it's not looking so hot for me either LOL

Mario2302
03-01-2021, 12:14 PM

owh i won't, this is pure fun :D atm still a lot of 50% matches too so that could get interesting :o

kittyray
03-01-2021, 12:16 PM

Don't worry, not stressed, just laughing!

kopiko
03-01-2021, 09:29 PM
Created an account to vote! Hopefully I can score high :D

kittyray
03-01-2021, 09:36 PM

There's one where I feel like I'm doing particularly badly and I realized it's because I chose plant to win against fire, but I was too distracted by the delight of a hedgehog pokemon.

Ariealle
03-01-2021, 09:56 PM
I'm really scared to vote so.. I'll edit this when I do and let you know how it goes.

edit: shit. well. kinda but not really but yeah. green for the most part, 5 ties and.. 4 wrong.. and 1 of those wrong is my winner. it's ok.
also, also also. gyarados. i wanted to vote for milotic so bad bc wynaut but gyarados. made a good call on that.

Buizel
03-01-2021, 11:27 PM
There's one where I feel like I'm doing particularly badly and I realized it's because I chose plant to win against fire, but I was too distracted by the delight of a hedgehog pokemon.

I was honestly confused on what to pick for Shaymin because they also have their alternative form which adds a extra type to them (and their flying form is so cute to me).

but then again, Victini would still probably win lol

kittyray
03-01-2021, 11:35 PM
I was honestly confused on what to pick for Shaymin because they also have their alternative form which adds a extra type to them (and their flying form is so cute to me).

but then again, Victini would still probably win lol

oooh, I didn't even know about alternative forms! It's cute, but I like the hedgehog form more. I don't know enough to speculate more than fire beats plant, though.

Zapdos
03-02-2021, 12:24 AM
5 wrong but a lot are at 50%, we'll see what happens! Unfortunately I predicted the wrong winner it seems :P

LibraryFaerie
03-02-2021, 10:37 AM
Vote are in! I'm really loving the variety in everyone's predicted winners. This could go so many different ways, I'm mega excited to watch how things turn out.

kittyray
03-02-2021, 10:49 AM
godddddddd, i hate how screwed I am long-term with how poorly this first round it going. But at the same time kind of love it? I don't actually care about winning so it's still like hilarious to see how lousy a foundation I have. Whatever, I stand with plant hedgehog over fire whoever. I BELIEVE IN YOU LITTLE GUY.

Mario2302
03-02-2021, 11:33 AM
9 wrong so far for me and still some others which are still tied.
my winner is still running strong though so there's that i guess :D

so is there a way to actually link my predictions to my account now i made one for voting? or is that not possible?

Charmander
03-02-2021, 01:30 PM
9 wrong so far for me and still some others which are still tied.
my winner is still running strong though so there's that i guess :D

so is there a way to actually link my predictions to my account now i made one for voting? or is that not possible?

I don't think so. I wouldn't stress about it. As long as you can votes that is all that matters. I can see your name on your predictions so that you can be identified so all should be good.

Mario2302
03-02-2021, 01:33 PM
I don't think so. I wouldn't stress about it. As long as you can votes that is all that matters. I can see your name on your predictions so that you can be identified so all should be good.

i'm a stats man and surely i won't win but if i should win i'd liked it captured on the profile at challonge hence why i asked :D

if not possible so be it; lesson learned; should've done it before making a prediction :stupid::stupid::disli:

Koto
03-02-2021, 02:17 PM
AH CRUMBS I gotta make an account I'm an idiot - will have to set a reminder for myself to get this done later today!

Charmander
03-02-2021, 02:38 PM
ya'll better set up your challonge accounts in case Pokemon Showdown returns lol

Charmander
03-04-2021, 12:17 AM
kopiko motherfucker kittyray Danny Phantom Nyanobytes Alister Johncena405 Da Plushee Boree Mario2302 Great White North zapd0s Ariealle xmilo Koto Digipoop Brittany Erik. nattiee Batgirl LibraryFaerie Saturnine Iscariot Cat Purrson

Just a reminder for everyone to vote. We have a few matches that are 50/50 splits and we have an odd number of participants. So make sure you get your votes it since you are the one that makes the difference! Haha,

For anyone having issues with voting you need to make a Challonge account in order to vote.

kittyray
03-04-2021, 12:28 AM
What does happen with the 50/50 ones if we don't get that tiebreaker vote by the end of the round?

Charmander
03-04-2021, 12:41 AM
What does happen with the 50/50 ones if we don't get that tiebreaker vote by the end of the round?

This is a good question! I don't know what Challonge does with this situation... I'll need to chat with motherfucker about some possibilities.

Nameless Ghoul
03-04-2021, 01:14 AM
My votes are in! So crazy to see how off the mark I was with some of them. I need to not overthink it, it was mostly ones I second guessed

John Cena
03-04-2021, 09:06 AM
Venusaur to the mooon!

Erik.
03-04-2021, 10:02 AM
I think I voted already! Or at least my prediction is in the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you can pick one of the 50/50 Pok�mon and fight me and the other one in Pok�mon Showdown :P ;)

motherfucker
03-04-2021, 10:04 AM
With 23 participants, there SHOULDN'T need to be any tie-breakers...

Charmander
03-04-2021, 11:21 AM
With 23 participants, there SHOULDN'T need to be any tie-breakers...

Yes agreed if everyone does get their votes in. However if someone doesn't....there is a chance we could have a tie.

motherfucker
03-04-2021, 11:25 AM
Yes agreed if everyone does get their votes in. However if someone doesn't....there is a chance we could have a tie.

If that's the case, we will pick the outcome that specifically benefits me.

Just kidding, the only way forward would be a coinflip. I assume that in this situation, Challonge should have some sort of tie breaker. We will wait and see what it comes to.

Charmander
03-04-2021, 11:38 AM
So to make the lives of motherfucker and myself easier.....everyone get ya votes in lol.

Winners for round one will be declared late tomorrow or first thing Saturday morning and round 2 will start. I will likely lean towards Saturday Morning....

Koto
03-04-2021, 12:13 PM
Great White North IM SORRY MOM I voted now <3 Just one tie last I checked!

Alister
03-04-2021, 12:19 PM
Got my votes in, and assuming I'm reading this right, my final four is already in some trouble lol

though it is gratifying to see my boi Mewtwo being acknowledged as the true lord and god of Pokemon over Arceus

Charmander
03-04-2021, 12:50 PM
Great White North IM SORRY MOM I voted now <3 Just one tie last I checked!

Extra cookies for you!

Aldrif
03-04-2021, 01:55 PM
This is going to sound sad, but I have never participated in a challonge before.

I was able to fill out the bracket, but how do I make a prediction?
If I try to drag a name into the next bracket, the page just moves/scrolls?

Alister
03-04-2021, 01:59 PM
This is going to sound sad, but I have never participated in a challonge before.

I made my bracket without making a Challonge account, but had to make a Challonge account today to be able to vote.

Which...I wonder if that means anyone can make an account to vote, even if they don't have a bracket.

Mario2302
03-04-2021, 02:00 PM

you have to make a challonge account to actually vote.
do you have one?

ninja'ed by allister :p

Aldrif
03-04-2021, 02:02 PM
you have to make a challonge account to actually vote.
do you have one?

ninja'ed by allister :p

I'm logged in, yeah

I did the voting, I just cannot figure out how to fill out predictions.

I see 23 others have though.

Mario2302
03-04-2021, 02:04 PM
Aldrif: ok, on the top of the page (well kinda; below GWN's profile pic on challonge you should have a menu listing bracket, standings etc.

go to bracket there if you're not there.

it should state matchers are open for voting below the march madness banner.

Aldrif
03-04-2021, 02:06 PM
Aldrif: ok, on the top of the page (well kinda; below GWN's profile pic on challonge you should have a menu listing bracket, standings etc.

go to bracket there if you're not there.

it should state matchers are open for voting below the march madness banner.

Did that, voted.

Then it opened up a little VS area below that with brackets.

Mario2302
03-04-2021, 02:09 PM
Did that, voted.

owh wait sorry :D i read your initial post all wrong.

so i'm afraid entering isn't possible anymore as voting has already started.
no new predictions can be added after starting.

Charmander
03-04-2021, 02:10 PM
Did that, voted.

Hi Aldrif.Now that voting has started you can no longer sumbit Predictions. Prediction brack submissions were open back in Feb and closed March one. Sadly you won't be able to participate with a prediction bracket.

Aldrif
03-04-2021, 02:11 PM
owh wait sorry :D i read your initial post all wrong.

so i'm afraid entering isn't possible anymore as voting has already started.
no new predictions can be added after starting.

Whoop, well that explains why then ahah.
Dang, just a few days too late. Ah well!

Er.
Carry on everyone, nothing to see here.
^^;

Mario2302
03-04-2021, 02:15 PM
Whoop, well that explains why then ahah.
Dang, just a few days too late. Ah well!

Er.
Carry on everyone, nothing to see here.
^^;

there will be other competitions around for sure ;)

the Ck bake-off is still open for new entrants if you're not yet participating ;)

Da Plushee Boree
03-04-2021, 03:16 PM
Have voted but i don't exactly know what i'm doing hahahah

Cat Purrson
03-04-2021, 05:30 PM
Have voted but i don't exactly know what i'm doing hahahah

LOL same I'm just trying my best and crossing my fingers. I was SUPER into first gen as a kid but after that I have no idea. I'm still having fun though :)

Mario2302
03-05-2021, 02:48 AM
LOL same I'm just trying my best and crossing my fingers. I was SUPER into first gen as a kid but after that I have no idea. I'm still having fun though :)

same for me especially for the games themselves though i've been semi-keeping up with the movies, manga, cartoon and extra youtube releases as much as i can.
But as you said: it's a blast competing in this event :)

Da Plushee Boree
03-05-2021, 12:08 PM
Cat Purrson Mario2302 !
honestly, i'm deeeeeeeeeeep into pok�mon! I think the popularity test put my votes in danger ahhaha

Mario2302
03-05-2021, 12:40 PM
Cat Purrson Mario2302 !
honestly, i'm deeeeeeeeeeep into pok�mon! I think the popularity test put my votes in danger ahhaha

i want to be deep in it but the counting thread is needing all my attention :angel:

Koto
03-05-2021, 01:10 PM

I didn't realize that people who hadn't predicted could vote!!! I would definitely have gone for popularity contest votes //grumbles

motherfucker
03-05-2021, 01:26 PM
I didn't realize that people who hadn't predicted could vote!!! I would definitely have gone for popularity contest votes //grumbles

Edit:
Being worked on now! GWN will put some words together.

Popularity will now only be a factor if the participants decide so! There's still a change that a type match-up won't effect an outcome, but it will be limited to just participants going forward.

Buizel
03-05-2021, 01:34 PM
Cat Purrson Mario2302 !

Me too haha I based most of mine off type advantages. :P

Charmander
03-05-2021, 01:55 PM
Hey everyone!

I agree with the concerns regarding individuals who did not place predictions being able to vote. Unfortunately due to the limitations in Challonge I cannot stop people who have access to the link from not voting.

To help discourage this I will be removing the Challonge link from the main page and will mail you all the link privately. We only want those who are actively participating in the event with predictions voting. It is only fair. I understand a few none participants did get some votes in so hopefully for subsequent rounds only our prediction participants will be voting.

Thank you all for your patience and bringing this forward as a concern.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I have retracted this for fairness and have also messaged this user to ask to no longer vote in future rounds. :)

Koto
03-05-2021, 04:59 PM
Edit:
Being worked on now! GWN will put some words together.

Popularity will now only be a factor if the participants decide so! There's still a change that a type match-up won't effect an outcome, but it will be limited to just participants going forward.

Oh my goodness, Im so sorry that if I caused any issues around this! It was a throw-away comment made because I'm an idiot - but thank you so much Great White North and motherfucker for making this as fair for the participants as possible, I deeply appreciate your consideration to the event and to the community!

motherfucker
03-05-2021, 05:04 PM
Oh my goodness, Im so sorry that if I caused any issues around this! It was a throw-away comment made because I'm an idiot - but thank you so much Great White North and motherfucker for making this as fair for the participants as possible, I deeply appreciate your consideration to the event and to the community!

No it totally changes things. If you were made more aware of it at the start, you likely would have made some tweaks here and there!

Regardless, it should be fun at the end! Hopefully everyone sticks around to participate to the bitter end.

Mario2302
03-05-2021, 05:07 PM
No it totally changes things. If you were made more aware of it at the start, you likely would have made some tweaks here and there!

Regardless, it should be fun at the end! Hopefully everyone sticks around to participate to the bitter end.

I surely will.

i'm actually pretty open to both formats myself btw but knowing about it upfront could well have impacted the decisions people took so i think this was a good decision to keep it fun for the participants.

Buizel
03-05-2021, 05:24 PM
Ohh yes I am sorry as well with how my reply came out! :c Just wanted to emphasize how much of a pokemon nerd I am haha and have no issues with either voting format! This is all fun regardless because I never really get to talk about pokemon with others in my area. ;-;

Mario2302
03-05-2021, 05:26 PM
Ohh yes I am sorry as well with how my reply came out! :c Just wanted to emphasize how much of a pokemon nerd I am haha and have no issues with either voting format! This is all fun regardless because I never really get to talk about pokemon with others in my area. ;-;

:o that sounds the same as me :D only people i could discuss with are my nephews that are euhm like +20 years younger.
god i feel old now.

The girl actually thinks i'm weirdly childish in my neopets and pokemon interests but she indulges me :p

Buizel
03-05-2021, 05:29 PM
:o that sounds the same as me :D only people i could discuss with are my nephews that are euhm like +20 years younger.
god i feel old now.

The girl actually thinks i'm weirdly childish in my neopets and pokemon interests but she indulges me :p

I haven't even told anyone about me playing neopets for the same reason haha but for pokemon...with all the plushies I have around my room, my family at least knows and no one plays so I can't even talk to them. ;_; They only know Pikachu lmao

Charmander
03-05-2021, 07:23 PM
Thank you everyone for being so positive and understanding. Such a great community! <3 <3 <3

Charmander
03-06-2021, 10:53 AM

Round 1 is complete and the winners have moved on to their next matchups! Voting for round 2 can now begin! Voting will be open until the end of the 10th. Happy Voting!

kittyray
03-06-2021, 10:56 AM
My predictions aren't dead last and now I'm disappointed in myself.

Also nattiee
nice

Nattiee
03-06-2021, 11:00 AM
WAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?!

Charmander
03-06-2021, 11:03 AM
lol pointing out your 69 score

Nattiee
03-06-2021, 11:15 AM
Got it
1. I suck
2. nice

Mario2302
03-06-2021, 11:21 AM
11 22 170 22 0 0 0 0 0 22 / 63 48

Better as expected for me :o
Especially on the score potential

Ariealle
03-06-2021, 12:15 PM
I'm 2nd but have the worst score potential out of the top 5 lmfao. does this mean my winner died?
this spoiler is very annoying.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCC CCCCCCCCCKKKK lol. burying my hands in my face rn. i really took the underdog route. standing by that choice.

edit: put votes in. really hoping some of these ones move on lol. i'm scared now.
edit 2: i'm actually SO fkn dumb so dumb, that i'm gonna leave my entire post here bc i thought i had jirachi as a winner. gg me. gg.

Buizel
03-06-2021, 03:13 PM
Got my votes in! :) The first round was certainly exciting, but it's still somewhat shaping up to how I expected.

How is Salamence not beating Steelix though cry :sorrow: I've met some pretty nasty Salamence's through online play...he is no joke.

Koto
03-06-2021, 03:58 PM
I'm not at the very bottom of the bracket, so you know what I'm gonna take that a Koto-style win.

Batgirl
03-07-2021, 01:35 PM
I went MIA for a week or two and I'm rank 1 whaaaaaaaaaaaat

I totally didn't vote round one but just submitted for round 2, so sorry.

who doesn't love this lazy pos

Cat Purrson
03-07-2021, 02:34 PM
Got my votes in for the second round! :)

Mario2302
03-07-2021, 02:43 PM
same for me :) it isn't looking good atm for me though :mad:

Nyanobyte
03-07-2021, 02:58 PM
Oof! I'm doing rather poorly, but its very fun to see how the votes sway. ^^
Looking forward to hopefully doing a bit better the next round!

Cat Purrson
03-07-2021, 03:11 PM
Oof! I'm doing rather poorly, but its very fun to see how the votes sway. ^^
Looking forward to hopefully doing a bit better the next round!

I know we are literally at the bottom of the barrel LOL xD

kittyray
03-07-2021, 03:44 PM
I know we are literally at the bottom of the barrel LOL xD

You're doing better than I am!

Zapdos
03-08-2021, 03:45 AM
I feel at home with my wooden spoon comrades! lol

xmilo
03-08-2021, 08:29 AM
count me in guys! bottom table members unite!

Charmander
03-08-2021, 08:47 AM
Haha I am with you all too. It would take a miracle to advance lol.

Da Plushee Boree
03-09-2021, 09:49 AM
GAWSH!

Can i cast new votes with the account i had to make in order to vote? It's a separated user from the one in the first round or i can keep from there? Will i lost my precious top 5? *insert sad ost* Can i lose to my younger boree voter? Where's McQueen?
Hahahahha

i'm sorry :'(

Charmander
03-09-2021, 10:32 AM
GAWSH!

Can i cast new votes with the account i had to make in order to vote? It's a separated user from the one in the first round or i can keep from there? Will i lost my precious top 5? *insert sad ost* Can i lose to my younger boree voter? Where's McQueen?
Hahahahha

i'm sorry :'(

As long a you are only voting once you should be fine. :)

Da Plushee Boree
03-09-2021, 10:54 AM
As long a you are only voting once you should be fine. :)

thanks! will try it

with the prediction, it will probably generate another PlushBori or there's a way change my previous votes? Or it doesn't matter as the new rounds are in play?
Thank you for explaining it all to me ♥ I'm sorry if my questions are weirdly worded :c

Charmander
03-09-2021, 11:01 AM
thanks! will try it

with the prediction, it will probably generate another PlushBori or there's a way change my previous votes? Or it doesn't matter as the new rounds are in play?
Thank you for explaining it all to me ♥ I'm sorry if my questions are weirdly worded :c

You will not need to make another prediction as your old prediction bracket it locked in and the time to submit predictions is closed. By making a new account to vote it will not impact previous votes and you go for forward with future votes. I hope this makes sense.

Da Plushee Boree
03-09-2021, 11:17 AM
You will not need to make another prediction as your old prediction bracket it locked in and the time to submit predictions is closed. By making a new account to vote it will not impact previous votes and you go for forward with future votes. I hope this makes sense.

It does!
I might say i have just realized how this events/website actually works and what i'm supposed to do!
Thank you for your loving patience ♥

LibraryFaerie
03-09-2021, 02:00 PM
Rounds two votes are in! Even at lucky #13 I am doing much better than I anticipated. Nice and solid middle of the road, much like my life lol

Charmander
03-10-2021, 11:03 AM

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that round 2 of voting closes tonight/early AM tomorrow!

Mario2302
03-10-2021, 11:11 AM
so excited to see the outcome of this round :o not looking good for me i think but we'll see.

kittyray
03-10-2021, 11:43 AM
Well if I wasn't dead last before, I don't have high hopes for this next round! Only half of my picks are winning!

Mario2302
03-10-2021, 11:52 AM
Well if I wasn't dead last before, I don't have high hopes for this next round! Only half of my picks are winning!

about the same for me i think. all depends on how those above us perform i guess :p

Charmander
03-10-2021, 05:30 PM
19 votes are in. only 4 more people left to vote. This round sure is interesting. I will try and let the round go until we get closer to our 23 votes within the time frame.

Charmander
03-11-2021, 10:24 AM
Let round 3 voting begin!!!

kittyray
03-11-2021, 10:24 AM
Oh, god, I'm afraid to check my standings.

Charmander
03-11-2021, 10:38 AM
i have fallen quite low in the standings lol.

kittyray
03-11-2021, 10:50 AM
I've fallen, but I was already low. My score potential is somehow still in the three digits, but I don't have high hopes.

Nyanobyte
03-11-2021, 10:50 AM
Still at the very bottom for me, haha! At least I am good at being consistently bad ^^'

motherfucker
03-11-2021, 11:02 AM
I've fallen lower as well.

Mario2302
03-11-2021, 11:13 AM
seem to have kept roughly the same spot so far which is better as i expected.
Score potential is still 3 digits so i think that's good. :o_o:

Erik.
03-11-2021, 11:26 AM
Huh I'm doing better than I thought! But wtf my boy Gengar is falling behind? Where's the love for first gen :(

Ariealle
03-11-2021, 11:46 AM
Good score potential. I accept. Looking into things now, will be back to update am trying to read through.

Huh I'm doing better than I thought! But wtf my boy Gengar is falling behind? Where's the love for first gen :(

ooooh I thought gengar was down. He's right where I want him but now I'm second guessing my own predictions.

Didn't think gyarados would make it this far.. and venusaur beating dialga is sad(salty, winner out). Random picked a few this round so we'll see.

Da Plushee Boree
03-11-2021, 11:50 AM
OH NOES! MY SCOOOOOREEEE *CRIES DRAMATICALLY*

Gotta go up! My pok�mon fights might have blinded me hahahahha

Charmander
03-11-2021, 07:57 PM
The only think I am clinging to is my potential score lol. Fingers crossed.

kittyray
03-11-2021, 08:05 PM
I just realized I've been referring to grass types as plants. Close enough?

Charmander
03-11-2021, 08:56 PM
I just realized I've been referring to grass types as plants. Close enough?

I'll accept it.

Buizel
03-12-2021, 01:23 AM
I think I rose in the standings? I was lower on the list last time lol

Got my votes in though. :) Good luck everyone!

Really surprised that Gardevoir made it this far. Then again, with the right items and EVs, they can be a force to be reckoned with. :cower:

Nameless Ghoul
03-13-2021, 12:42 AM
I think I missed a round, whoops :(

lederp
03-15-2021, 12:30 PM
Came back to the site too late T____T; Living vicariously through everyone else's predictions & brackets!!

Mario2302
03-15-2021, 01:31 PM
Almost forgot to put my votes in but they're in now. looking forward to the results already :o_o:

Charmander
03-16-2021, 09:48 AM
Quarter Final Round of voting has begun! Soon we will reach our final 4!

Cat Purrson
03-16-2021, 11:06 AM
Got my votes in!

Ariealle
03-16-2021, 12:29 PM
This is tough.. It only gets harder as the rounds advance. Voting is done.

Mario2302
03-16-2021, 01:20 PM
:o not sure what happened and still processing but woah i've certainly gained a few places :o

Cat Purrson
03-16-2021, 01:25 PM
Good job Mario2302! I probably look like an ant from all the way up there huh ;)

Mario2302
03-16-2021, 01:25 PM
owh my, next round isn't looking pretty atm. :dejection:

Nothing to be done about it though. votes are in and i'm eager to follow this up in the coming days :p :popcorntime:

- - - Updated - - -

Good job Mario2302! I probably look like an ant from all the way up there huh ;)

nope more like a cat ;)

Nyanobyte
03-16-2021, 01:50 PM
Voting done!

Don't worry ya'll, ill hold down this bottom spot to make sure nobody else has to be here :P
For real though its been hella fun to see how the voting goes! Glad we got to do this ^^

Buizel
03-16-2021, 05:37 PM
aww shucks, Xerneas got knocked out :cold:

But! :) got my votes in. This is getting exciting!

Nameless Ghoul
03-16-2021, 07:45 PM
Voted! I'm really just sitting comfortably in the middle xD

John Cena
03-17-2021, 01:10 PM
My worst nightmare, I need to choose between Mew or Venusaur D:

Charmander
03-17-2021, 01:29 PM
I feel like some hearts will be broken as we get down to the end.

Mario2302
03-17-2021, 01:31 PM
I feel like some hearts will be broken as we get down to the end.

why are you talking as if they haven't been broken already :o :p

Saturnine
03-17-2021, 09:44 PM
I wasn't checking standings but it looks like i'm doing quite well lol
my initial bracket definitely doesn't look hot tho

Batgirl
03-18-2021, 11:40 PM
voting done!

very interesting to see who moves to final four, can't wait~

Charmander
03-20-2021, 07:11 PM
It's Semi Finals time!!!!!

kittyray
03-20-2021, 07:33 PM
My score potential didn't go down from last round, so I'll consider that win?

Mario2302
03-21-2021, 01:21 AM
Sure does sound like a win to me kittyray

Mine did drop :(
I'm also not understanding the scores/round. I got two correct in the previous round and that netted me a grand total of 0 points :S

Ariealle
03-21-2021, 03:13 AM
what? cool! but there's no way. and I'm at my score potential so does that mean there is no hope? there are people who have chosen the winner with a grand score potential so I'd hope they'd reach the top spot soon. voting done too.
*hello down there*
don't take this seriously pls lol.

Cat Purrson
03-21-2021, 08:15 AM
Votes are in for the semi-finals! Good luck everyone!

John Cena
03-21-2021, 08:37 AM
Mew supremacy!

Mario2302
03-21-2021, 08:38 AM
My votes are in as well :)

just did a count of each win and points are logical for my predictions up until the quarter final.
By the logic of the previous rounds i should have gotten 8 points/correct prediction and i got none :o

if i look at others this seems to affect a lot of people so perhaps there's a different mechanic that starts that specific round.

Anyone got any idea?

kittyray
03-21-2021, 09:34 AM
My votes are in as well :)

just did a count of each win and points are logical for my predictions up until the quarter final.
By the logic of the previous rounds i should have gotten 8 points/correct prediction and i got none :o

if i look at others this seems to affect a lot of people so perhaps there's a different mechanic that starts that specific round.

Anyone got any idea?

Oh, I just noticed I also got 0 points last round, but think I should have gotten points for my Mew/MewTwo Predictions, hmm. My total picks didn't go up either. I'm not too fussed, but seems strange.

Erik.
03-21-2021, 12:39 PM
I also didn't get any points even though I made some right predictions. But maybe you have get both Pok�mon correct, not just the one who wins?

kittyray
03-21-2021, 01:01 PM
I also didn't get any points even though I made some right predictions. But maybe you have get both Pok�mon correct, not just the one who wins?

I feel like I'd have a lot more wrong if that were the case, but also my two correct ones are in the same matchup (Mew/MewTwo), so I don't think it's that.

Mario2302
03-21-2021, 01:02 PM
I feel like I'd have a lot more wrong if that were the case, but also my two correct ones are in the same matchup (Mew/MewTwo), so I don't think it's that.

i can second that :p that also wasn't necessary in previous rounds so i don't think it's that either.

Buizel
03-22-2021, 05:39 PM
Got my votes in, good luck everyone! :)

Also, I think I went down more in the standings lol :cold:

motherfucker
03-23-2021, 09:48 AM
I WAS DOING SO WELL
HOW DARE YOU ALL VOTE AGAINST ME

kittyray
03-23-2021, 09:55 AM
motherfucker, you're still in second place with the highest score potential!

Plus I think you should have gotten more points last round, but it seems like points weren't awarded for predicting the Mew/MewTwo one.

motherfucker
03-23-2021, 09:57 AM
motherfucker, you're still in second place with the highest score potential!

Plus I think you should have gotten more points last round, but it seems like points weren't awarded for predicting the Mew/MewTwo one.

True, but I may fall far if I don't get one more win somewhere.

(I don't really know how it works... I just randomly chose some and then did some type choices and fave choices...)

kittyray
03-23-2021, 10:02 AM

(I don't really know how it works... I just randomly chose some and then did some type choices and fave choices...)

Like I've said many times, I didn't really strategize with my bracket, soI have no hope, but I'm still pretty invested and like checking in regularly, lol. I thought I had a sense of how it was working until somebody pointed out how many people got no points last round, so now my brain is like "ooooh, mystery".

Mario2302
03-23-2021, 10:13 AM

Sounds about as how i approached it :D
I really don't know how it works either. i thought i did but then i didn't get any points during the last round :cower:

Charmander
03-25-2021, 12:03 PM
That is so strange if points weren't awarded the last round. Challonge should do it automatically. I have no control on point distribution.

Also there's a currently a tie in the semifinal match.....if it is still there by tonight then I will complete a coin flip to determine the winner.

Mario2302
03-25-2021, 12:31 PM
That is so strange if points weren't awarded the last round. Challonge should do it automatically. I have no control on point distribution.

Also there's a currently a tie in the semifinal match.....if it is still there by tonight then I will complete a coin flip to determine the winner.

exciting!! looking forward to the final :o

Also it's possibly not that it's not rewarded but that we just don't really know the exact mechanics behind it?
Perhaps it's related to getting the final four correct but then i'd only expect special mechanics now actually so yeah i'm stumped :D perhaps it will become more clear if final starts.

Charmander
03-25-2021, 09:41 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Our final matchup is here! Who will come out on top as the champion of Pokemon! You have until March 30th to vote!

The winner will be declared shortly after. As well our participant who had the most accurate predictions will also be crowned the cK March Madness of Pokemon Champion!!!

Also, stay tuned as there is another surprise in store ;) !

kittyray
03-25-2021, 09:47 PM
Well, huh, the points I didn't get the previous round were awarded along with the previous and suddenly I jumped.

All this time at the bottom, it feels weird! Also, Cat Purrson I've appreciated that I have been pretty consistently tied/just below you all this time, my feline brethren.

Charmander
03-25-2021, 10:05 PM
Well, huh, the points I didn't get the previous round were awarded along with the previous and suddenly I jumped.

All this time at the bottom, it feels weird! Also, Cat Purrson I've appreciated that I have been pretty consistently tied/just below you all this time, my feline brethren.

I just saw it updated! Oh man this is a close one! So many people picked the same.champ! It will be interesting to see where all the points fall!

kittyray
03-25-2021, 10:21 PM
I just saw it updated! Oh man this is a close one! So many people picked the same.champ! It will be interesting to see where all the points fall!

I feel like it will be boring if Mew wins because so many of the top people picked Mew (sorry motherfucker), even though that's what I want (go Mew!), but Lugia will really shake things up!

motherfucker
03-25-2021, 11:39 PM
From first to fifth
Just like that.

This is where I graciously bow out and vote for the winners.
I helped organize, so I didn’t intend to win.
I’m just glad it’s been fun and I got to shake shit up with the pairings.

Cat Purrson
03-26-2021, 12:29 AM
kittyray we jumped up to the top! Finally us cats shall be recognized as the superior beings we are!

Mario2302
03-26-2021, 01:55 AM
From first to fifth
Just like that.

This is where I graciously bow out and vote for the winners.
I helped organize, so I didn’t intend to win.
I’m just glad it’s been fun and I got to shake shit up with the pairings.

the way i look at it you're still in first place atm ;)
You'll actually win as well if lugia pulls of the upset which is still very much an option too.

I totally didn't expect to be in second place atm, that's for sure.

My vote is in, exciting battle for sure.

LibraryFaerie
03-26-2021, 08:23 AM
Oh wow wow wow. Most of my picks were based on personal preferences (i.e. cuteness factor) and to see that potentially put me in the top 5 is making my cute loving heart sore.

Alister
03-26-2021, 09:44 AM
From 3rd to 10th overnight, March Madness is brutal lol

This was so much fun! You guys did Hoopa super dirty though smh. I've still yet to stop being horrified that my pic for winner was ousted in round 1

Mario2302
03-26-2021, 09:47 AM
From 3rd to 10th overnight, March Madness is brutal lol

This was so much fun! You guys did Hoopa super dirty though smh. I've still yet to stop being horrified that my pic for winner was ousted in round 1

i only started playing "dirty" from second round onwards though :smiley_simmons:
I'd call it strategic though :D

Erik.
03-26-2021, 07:58 PM
Am I third? :O how?

Buizel
03-27-2021, 12:52 AM
I'm kind of in the middle of rankings which is a plus for me! :) Good luck choosing all!

Ariealle
03-27-2021, 08:54 AM
wee what a jump. voting for last round done. this was super fun actually. really enjoyed the voting and seeing where the direction went.

Charmander
03-27-2021, 09:20 AM

All has to do with the points you earned. Your later end of your bracket may have been more.correct than some of the earlier rounds. So if your later rounds are.more.accurate you'll earn more points as they are worth alot more than the earlier rounds. Hope that makes sense.

Mario2302
03-27-2021, 09:23 AM

So first round a correct guess is worth just one point, every round after that the worth of a correct guess doubles.
so correct prediction for a semi final gave out 16 points and final prediction results will give out 32 points :o

Charmander
03-30-2021, 07:48 PM

Nattiee
03-31-2021, 08:25 AM
The new UB for pokemon March madness is so cool!

Congrats to the finalists!

Buizel
03-31-2021, 08:45 AM
Aww that userbar is so cool! ;A; This event is the bomb dot com! :) Finally, there's people I can talk to about my pokemon related woes/interests haha

Da Plushee Boree
03-31-2021, 02:50 PM
The UB is so coooolll!!!
I need it! congrats to everyone whom has gotten it!! :D !!!
Enjoy it for me!

Can't believe how wrong i wasssss!! But it was so much fun to participate, vote and lurk the board ♥
Thanks Great White North and motherfucker :D

Gotta love all the pok�mon love around !