PDA

View Full Version : clraik Y9 - Forum Events & Updates

j03
12-18-2020, 01:42 PM
cK Y9 Event - Forum Events & Updates

Hey everyone!

As of a couple days ago, we turned 9 years old. I'd like to thank the entire community for making this happen. We say this every year, but this awesome community would not be here without all the great members visiting and making this place so much better. We have been greatly humbled by the amazing amount of contributions all of you have made this year to both our community-driven content and our cheating experiences!

As most of you are already aware, the Neopets team is transitioning the Neopets experience over to HTML5, effectively ending support for Flash interfaces and games. Rest assured that we're hard at work keeping up with these changes, and we'll be ready to continue botting shortly after the cut-over! Suffice to say that we've got an inside scoop with what's going on around the site ;P

There's much to be expected in the new year in terms of forum events and fun activities. New userbars and updates in general all around the forum, including our bots! We've got plenty of stuff to keep you entertained and informed, so stay tuned!

Thanks again ~

And now for the events...

-----------
clraik's 2020 Festivity Creativity Event! ([Only registered and activated users can see links]!)

This year, we've got a top-notch event with a fabulous set of prizes for you. The format this year allows for maximum creativity: we give you five prompts, and you fill those prompts with either a writing fill, an art fill, or a realistic fill (like baking a pie in your oven at home)!

Users who fill all five prompts by December 31st, 2020 at 11:59pm NST (Neopian Standard Time), with at least two being filled by December 24th, 2020 at 11:59pm NST and two filled during the last week of the contest, will be in line to receive their choice of these fabulous holiday Pokemon userbars!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

The grand prize? Your choice of a userbar from above, 3 months of clraik VIP, and two NC cards worth a total of $50 USD!

-----------

Pokemon GFX Event

Exclusive Top Prize Userbars:

It's back this year! Our awesome Pokemon GFX Contest!

This contest has been going for the past couple of years already and with all the interest it brings each time, I figured we should host another one! This contest is pretty straight forward and easy to enter. Anyone is allowed to enter and who knows, you might even end up winning more than just the participant bars!

Your entry much be an evolution to a Pokemon that has no evolution! Event is hosted in our Graphics Design Competition ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) forum section.

Rules:
1) Anyone can enter. [Maximum # of 35 entries, ends January 11, 2021]
2) All entries must have an image + description of the Pokemon
3) All entries must be ORIGINAL, this includes the art and description of your Pokemon!
4) Only one entry per person.
5) Pokemon must be an evolution to a Pokemon that does not have a third/final evolution.
6) Excluded Pokemon:
- POKEMON WITH 3RD EVOLUTIONS
- Legendaries are OK

Do not enter any previously used entries or you will be disqualified from this contest.

The top 5 winners will receive:

Your choice of either digital copy of...

Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch OR Doom Eternal for Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo Switch!

Judges: clraik Staff

Please check out the official thread: Here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year from clraiK!

Alister
12-18-2020, 02:08 PM
This looks like a blast, can't wait. One clarifying question since this is my first year, are Pokemon with a mega evolution but no actual third evolution (i.e., Houndoom) eligible or excluded for entry?

j03
12-18-2020, 02:29 PM
This looks like a blast, can't wait. One clarifying question since this is my first year, are Pokemon with a mega evolution but no actual third evolution (i.e., Houndoom) eligible or excluded for entry?

I moved your post from the submission thread into this one for discussion! Yes, those Pokemon are definitely eligible for entry. Thanks for asking. :)

Alister
12-18-2020, 02:35 PM
I moved your post from the submission thread into this one for discussion! Yes, those Pokemon are definitely eligible for entry. Thanks for asking. :)

oh sorry about the misplacement! Got too excited and wasn't paying attention to where I was. And thank you, I appreciate the clarification :)

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-18-2020, 04:54 PM
Happy birthday to ck!
Those events sound really fun! I'm kinda busy during this time of the year but I hope I can find some time to participate!

Cinderella
12-19-2020, 06:42 AM
Happy 9th bday Clraik!!!!!!! Almost double digits!

Erik.
12-19-2020, 02:16 PM
Merry Christmas people and happy Birthday Clraik!!!! :D

Stardust
12-19-2020, 06:29 PM
Woohoo happy birthday cK!! :)
Thanks for the fun events as well! I will def be participating. I'm looking forward to the Pokemon GFX contest entries! There were so many creative and amazing entries last year, and I can't wait to see what the community comes up with this year :D

Charmander
12-19-2020, 06:44 PM
This sounds great! For the GFX event do the submissions have to be digitally made or can they be hand drawn and a photo uploaded?

Asking for a friend.....

Erik.
12-19-2020, 06:56 PM
This sounds great! For the GFX event do the submissions have to be digitally made or can they be hand drawn and a photo uploaded?

Asking for a friend.....

Last time I used markers for my drawing so I'm sure hand drawn is okay :D

Dita
12-20-2020, 04:27 PM
I'm so hype about this contest! Happy birthday cK and thank you Joe for hosting this contest! I have something amazing cooking for this competition and I can't wait to show you all what it is :o_o:

MrSlowBro
12-21-2020, 03:02 AM
wow amazing! almost a decade!

Double.Trouble
12-21-2020, 06:41 PM
WOO! I can't wait to start on my Pokemon GFX design, already have an idea :D

Peanutface
12-21-2020, 07:44 PM
Merry Christman, Happy Chanukkah and Happy New Year to everyone here.
Judy

Beth77
12-22-2020, 09:52 AM
Happy 9 Years Young Ck!
I am amazed at the growth of this forum since I joined, I can only imagine how much growth there was before I knew about it. You mods do a wonderful job, always keep it interesting, and are just amazing. Thank you for everything! <3

Ariealle
12-22-2020, 06:08 PM
I will contain my excitement to 1 post. Happy Birthday to ck! A marvelous time indeed. All of the fun stuff and activities are really giving me something to do. For that, I'm super grateful. Thank you for the site and amazing people behind and inside.

Koto
12-26-2020, 01:43 AM
Thank you so much for an incredible community and a very merry Christmas (and happy holidays!) to the entire mod team!

xmilo
12-27-2020, 01:45 AM
Finally had some time during this festive period to participate in the event! It's a bummer that i couldnt make it for the other event though.

Thank you to all admins and mods for maintaining CK even over the festive periods. Happy holidays to all!

Stardust I love how detailed Ho-nou is by the way! Awesome job!

Digipoop
01-12-2021, 01:43 AM
Today marks the day that I've made my first digital art piece. I was zooming into the lineart and laughing my ass off because it's all wobbly like Ed Edd and Eddy. But then I zoomed out and it was kinda not bad for a newb!

Thanks for this fun event - learned a new skill! The digital was traced from this sketch I made a few days prior:

It's tiny irl! Smaller than a matchbox. This part amazed me the most - I can take a pic of a tiny sketch with my phone and blow it up to a huge size and trace right over it! Layers were confusing at first but I think once you figure it out it's really not bad.

Erik.
01-17-2021, 01:53 PM
Maybe there's a board on it already that I just haven't found yet, but I was wondering when the voting starts for the Pok�mon contest and when/where we can talk about each other's submissions ^^