PDA

View Full Version : clraik's 2020 Festivity Creativity Event!

Flordibel
12-17-2020, 05:46 PM
clraik's 2020 Festivity Creativity Event!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Hello, clraik! It's that time of year again - presents and gifts galore make the whole season merry and bright!

This year, we've got a top-notch event with a fabulous set of prizes for you. The format this year allows for maximum creativity: we give you five prompts, and you fill those prompts with either a writing fill, an art fill, or a realistic fill (like baking a pie in your oven at home)!

Users who fill all five prompts by December 31st, 2020 at 11:59pm NST (Neopian Standard Time), with at least two being filled by December 24th, 2020 at 11:59pm NST and two filled during the last week of the contest, will be in line to receive their choice of these fabulous holiday Pokemon userbars!

The grand prize? Your choice of a userbar from above, 3 months of clraik VIP, and two NC cards worth a total of $50 USD!

The Prompts

1. Brr, it's cold out - your Neopet asks for a new hat/scarf/pair of socks for the snowy season! How fabulous is the item you find or make for them?

2. Princess Amira throws Sakhmet's first month-long festival for the Month of Celebrating. What event does she plan for the grand finale, or what does she award as the grand prize?

3. For once, you managed to keep your Rod of Supernova safe from the Pant Devil. Little did you know, it's customisable! How and/or why do you decorate it?

4. You get a chance to design a new holiday theme for Neopets. How much inspiration do you take from the "'Tis the Season" site theme ([Only registered and activated users can see links])?

5. On the last day of the Month of Celebrating, you manage to pilfer an item from the Snowager's hoard that you've never seen before! What is it?

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: How are you choosing the grand prize winner?

A1: The grand prize winner will have completed all 5 prompts in a style all their own, and their contributions are positive and engaging!

Q2: What are the guidelines on the writing fills?

A2: Along with following the clraik official rules ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), the writing fills for each prompt should be 500 words minimum, and they should be in English only.

Q3: What are the guidelines on the art fills?

A3: Along with following the clraik official rules ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), art fills can be doodles, sketches, lineart, cell shaded images - whatever you like! Please upload your art to imgur, then embed the art in your clraik post using the BBCode that imgur provides.

​[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Q4: What are the guidelines on the realistic fills?

A4: Along with following the clraik official rules ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), realistic fills can be anything from sculpting an object from modeling clay, baking a pie, dressing your pet... the list goes on! Please take a picture of your submission and upload it to imgur, then embed the art in your clraik post using the BBCode that imgur provides (see screenshot above).

Q5: Why do two of my prompt fills have to be completed by the 24th of December, but not all of them?

A5: Filling two prompts by December 24th ensures that users have plenty of time to dedicate to each fill, instead of rushing to finish at the very end!

Q6: How do I actually submit my prompt fills?

A6: Post a thread in the Graphic Design > Competitions ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) forum with the title, "2020 Festivity Creativity Event - [Your clraik username]." Each prompt fill should be a separate post, so if you fill each prompt, you would have five posts. If you fill a prompt multiple times, the additional fill should be a separate post.

Q7: What are the deadlines again?

A7: In order to qualify for the "any userbar" prize, you must submit a fill for all five prompts by December 31st, 2020 at 11:59pm NST. At least two of those prompts must have been submitted before December 24th, 2020 at 11:59pm NST, and the rest submitted during the second week of the contest (from December 25th, 2020 at 12:00AM NST to December 31st, 2020 at 11:59pm NST).

Happy creating!

Peanutface
12-17-2020, 06:48 PM
This is a wonderful idea and competition. Good luck to all who join in. I will look forward to seeing the results.
Judy

Ice
12-17-2020, 08:07 PM
g L a c e O N u s E r B A r

Ok I can do this!!!! *screams into the void*

Thanks so much for hosting, this is super exciting and I can't wait to try out the prompts!

kopiko
12-17-2020, 08:10 PM
Wow! Another awesome event to end the year. I am definitely joining this!

Thank you for hosting :D

kittyray
12-17-2020, 10:29 PM
This looks like so much fun! Thank you for hosting this! If I can get my hands on some more yarn looks like my cat is getting another scarf!

Aero
12-17-2020, 10:41 PM
So I was super excited for this and started already, but I can't figure out how to get my posts to stop merging together... am I posting them too quickly?

Flordibel
12-17-2020, 10:42 PM
So I was super excited for this and started already, but I can't figure out how to get my posts to stop merging together... am I posting them too quickly?

Yep! Try waiting a few hours between posting - love the enthusiasm!

Aero
12-17-2020, 10:44 PM
Yep! Try waiting a few hours between posting - love the enthusiasm!

Oh okay!! I'll try reposting them all in a few hours. Sorry for the mess of my current submissions thread!

Flordibel
12-17-2020, 10:57 PM
Oh okay!! I'll try reposting them all in a few hours. Sorry for the mess of my current submissions thread!
No problem at all! I like to think of it as a sneak preview~

Huntera
12-18-2020, 02:20 AM
Would we post writing in the graphic design competition section or would we put it in the writing competition section?

Alister
12-18-2020, 11:19 AM
I'm so excited about this, I've been brooding over ideas ever since reading the post yesterday. I can't wait! I love how the prompts are specific scenarios but allow wide open interpretation.

Flordibel
12-18-2020, 11:53 AM
Would we post writing in the graphic design competition section or would we put it in the writing competition section?

Keep it in Graphic Design, just to keep all the threads in the same place! :D Thanks for asking!

Using My Pass
12-18-2020, 01:31 PM
THIS IS SO AMAZING, THANK YOU!!!

(Also, I am working on my first entry. Get ready to have to create a new userbar because the trash I have thus far produces is noteworthy :P)

Aero
12-22-2020, 04:47 PM
A7: In order to qualify for the "any userbar" prize, you must submit a fill for all five prompts by December 31st, 2020 at 11:59pm NST. At least two of those prompts must have been submitted before December 24th, 2020 at 11:59pm NST, and the rest submitted during the second week of the contest (from December 25th, 2020 at 12:00AM NST to December 31st, 2020 at 11:59pm NST).

Question- how closely should we follow this? Specifically the part where the rest are submitted during the second week of the contest. For ex, if we submit all 5 before the second week, will we be out of the running for user bars/prizes? TIA!

LibraryFaerie
12-22-2020, 05:35 PM
Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Nattiee
12-23-2020, 10:22 PM
took me a bit to muster the confidence and *motivation* to do this challenge but I'm so glad I did. Thanks for hosting, Flordibel :)

ps; I dont know how to make a site theme. If anyone has time to shoot me a DM with some tips I'd very much appreciate!

Flordibel
12-23-2020, 10:37 PM
Question- how closely should we follow this? Specifically the part where the rest are submitted during the second week of the contest. For ex, if we submit all 5 before the second week, will we be out of the running for user bars/prizes? TIA!

Yes, submitting all 5 in the last week would put you out of the running! You must do 2 or 3 the first week, and the rest should be completed the second week. :D

took me a bit to muster the confidence and *motivation* to do this challenge but I'm so glad I did. Thanks for hosting, Flordibel :)

ps; I dont know how to make a site theme. If anyone has time to shoot me a DM with some tips I'd very much appreciate!

I am excited to see what you come up with! You don't need to make a functioning site theme, though - describing it or drawing it would be fine!

Charmander
12-23-2020, 11:41 PM

I am in the same boat about a site them :( any help would be so great

Ice
12-24-2020, 12:23 AM
nattiee Great White North

Personally I think peeping at some entries might help give you a better understanding of the prompt/what's possible!

Nyanobyte
12-24-2020, 12:54 AM
Idk if this will help anyone, but for my site theme I was basically living on Dr Sloths Image Emporium ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).
(I got all the buttons I used from this page ([Only registered and activated users can see links])!)

It had a lot of useful images, and I spent some time just looking at random odds and ends to find things I thought might work. Maybe it could be of use in coming up with site theme ideas?

kittyray
12-24-2020, 02:14 AM
Thank god for timezones because I couldn't not order some fiber for the first one, but it's arriving late, but hopefully I'll have enough time to throw something together.

Or maybe I should backtrack and let all my holiday prep count somehow. :P

Flordibel
12-24-2020, 10:50 AM
I am in the same boat about a site them :( any help would be so great

Reminder to all that you must have two (2) prompt fills submitted by 11:59pm NST tonight in order to be eligible for the userbar prizes!

kittyray
12-24-2020, 10:59 AM
How "complete" should things need to be for realistic fills?

I'm starting to recognize that spinning enough yarn to then weave into a scarf in the next sixteen hours is a little ambitious considering the fiber hasn't arrived yet and I have some real life holiday obligations, despite my rave about time zones giving me a leg up last night. I could probably make some sturdier yarn and a swatch, or do something that more resembles a scarf, but isn't actually stable even if it weren't for my cat.

But I can also save that for a post-holiday fill and see what I can work out as another one to do today.

Flordibel
12-24-2020, 11:07 AM
How "complete" should things need to be for realistic fills?

I'm starting to recognize that spinning enough yarn to then weave into a scarf in the next sixteen hours is a little ambitious considering the fiber hasn't arrived yet and I have some real life holiday obligations, despite my rave about time zones giving me a leg up last night. I could probably make some sturdier yarn and a swatch, or do something that more resembles a scarf, but isn't actually stable even if it weren't for my cat.

But I can also save that for a post-holiday fill and see what I can work out as another one to do today.

Omg! kitty you never cease to amaze me! Feel free to just submit a doodle/sketch/blueprint of your planned scarf design, as that would complete the prompt fill, and then whenever you get your yarn and spin it (??!?!) and weave it (?!?!) feel free to either add to your post or showcase your creation in a separate thread!

Sephora
12-24-2020, 09:29 PM
If anyone wants to implement their site theme on neopets.com, I made userscripts to implement mine (for both Classic and Beta) and you guys are welcome to use my code and swap in your own graphics/css if you'd like:

It's not necessary for completing the prompt, but it is neat to browse the site in a skin you designed. :D

Digipoop
12-24-2020, 09:36 PM
Been feeling a bit down lately and wasn't sure I'd be up to it at first but turns out a few doodles made things a little better :)

(had some problems with imgur all day, I don't know if it's just me or the high traffic on the site. If I'll be able to, I'll try to re-upload to imgur once it's available again)

Thank you for the fun event! Want to wait a little before I browse what everyone else has done just so I don't subconsciously steal any ideas, but I can't wait to see everyone's completed prompts!

Charmander
12-26-2020, 07:20 PM
Is it now considered the second week? Or just did I just hoop myself? lol.

Flordibel
12-26-2020, 07:29 PM
Is it now considered the second week? Or just did I just hoop myself? lol.

We are now in the second week! The last (at least two) creations of yours can now be posted!

Charmander
12-26-2020, 07:43 PM
We are now in the second week! The last (at least two) creations of yours can now be posted!

Perfect! Now to think of my last entry!!!!

Unown
12-28-2020, 12:25 AM
Omg Flordibel I have been pretty busy the past week and did not read the post carefully about having the first two prompts uploaded by the 24th :(

I've actually finished 3 already but have just not uploaded them. Can I still upload them and be eligible for the competition?

Flordibel
12-28-2020, 01:50 AM

I've actually finished 3 already but have just not uploaded them. Can I still upload them and be eligible for the competition?

Ahh, unfortunately not! No need to fret though - there's always next year!

kittyray
12-28-2020, 11:25 AM
Can I update previous entries as long as I make it clear which part was added to after the deadline, mostly as like a non-counting fun thing? At one point I planned on felting my scarf in the washing machine, but ran out of time, but still kind of want to try after accidentally felting some in my laundry.

Also, dang, I took the past couple days off to fully embrace christmas laziness and suddenly time to rush a bit, I guess!

Flordibel
12-28-2020, 11:51 AM
Can I update previous entries as long as I make it clear which part was added to after the deadline, mostly as like a non-counting fun thing? At one point I planned on felting my scarf in the washing machine, but ran out of time, but still kind of want to try after accidentally felting some in my laundry.

Also, dang, I took the past couple days off to fully embrace christmas laziness and suddenly time to rush a bit, I guess!

Yes, as long as you make it clear what part was added after the deadline, that's fine!

Charmander
12-29-2020, 10:58 AM
Oh boy this was such a fun event. Thanks again Flordibel for hosting again. I love seeing everyone's creatively and I can't wait to see the final entries!

Alister
12-29-2020, 12:09 PM
I'd originally been planning to do art submissions for all five prompts but I think two of my last three are going to have to be written...I'm off to get a Covid test this afternoon, as the plague has descended upon my house and I've been very under the weather the past few days. But one of my ideas is so stupid and amusing to me that I have to draw it for myself. I will be on my death bed before I skip out on drawing the Snowager item prompt.

this has been a lot of fun and I'm very happy to have participated up to this point :love_heart:

kittyray
12-29-2020, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I think I'm also going to have to scale down my submission ideas. Just been super busy and the nova one has taken more time than I thought, as is the snowager one.

Hope you start feeling better soon, Alister!

Flordibel
12-29-2020, 12:50 PM
No worries everyone! Any prompt fill is a good fill. I can't wait to see your creations. Stay healthy!

kittyray
12-31-2020, 05:06 PM
I haven't really been sure where to discuss this, but as the end of this approaches, I just gotta say I've really enjoed seeing everybody's entries and everything!

Erik.
12-31-2020, 05:36 PM
I haven't really been sure where to discuss this, but as the end of this approaches, I just gotta say I've really enjoed seeing everybody's entries and everything!

Me too! I was looking for a discussion board for the event but can't find it. I love seeing everyone's effort!

Flordibel
12-31-2020, 05:44 PM
Feel free to discuss here! You all have been so awesome, just a well of positivity!!!

Ice
12-31-2020, 05:55 PM
Agreed - loved seeing everyone�s unique take on the prompts!!!

Also it was a lot of fun trying to come up with the fills. I enjoyed testing my creativity. Thanks for hosting this event!! [emoji3526][emoji3526]

Nyanobyte
12-31-2020, 06:01 PM
It has been really cool to get to see what everyone came up with and see each persons personality/own twists on the fills! This has been a lot of fun, thank you for hosting!

Alister
01-01-2021, 02:59 AM
I just got my last prompts in and I have no idea what I was doing to cause it, but I could not get two of my prompts to decouple from being in the same post. Every time I tried to add the next prompt as a new post, it kept showing up as an add on to the previous. While there are only four posts on my thread, there are five prompts answered, I gave up battling with it lol

rio
01-01-2021, 03:05 AM
Welp, this is why you don't hiatus in the festive season haha. Loved reading everyones entries and seeing all the creativity! So cool ^__^

kittyray
01-01-2021, 12:17 PM
I liked how during the summer art challenge people were constantly posting appreciation and feedback in the discussion thread, which didn't really happen for this, so I just wanna go through and pick my favorite entry from each person.

@Aero Torn between #2 and #5 because I do miss the Lenny Conundrum, but the Snowager's Gift wins out. Just love the idea of spreading cheer and a little extra giving.

@Alister The Kanrik Body Pillow got an audible chuckle out of me, so I think that's the winner and I like that it brought in the outfit from #1, but your story was very sweet as well.

@Ariealle I feel a little weird picking the one you said was incomplete, but I just love the idea and where the sugarplum site theme was going. The moon and pink clouds just hit right. Wish we could have it for real!

@Beth77 Another site theme fave here, too! Love the purple and the sparkly stars!

Digipoop I fucking love your pastel rainbow dung nova, plus feels so true to your name! The tree for the site theme gets a shoutout because I can imagine it'd be nice!

Great White North Love your story for the Amira's grand prize. Lord knows I would really want that for things I missed in my time away, just need to decide which one I'd do. Maybe I'll keep it in theme and finally get out of my LDP maze.

GreyFaerie I love so many of your entries! I already compliment your theme and I love the DocK throwback, but my favorite has to be the nova earrings. So cute!

Ice Picking favorites in this has made me realize I'm a bigger sucker for pink than I realized, but my favorite has to be the Snowager story, just loved it!

Koto Another tough decision. The fireworks story was sweet especially with the context of your memories at the end, the wand is amazing, but I think in the end I need more festive Darigan in my life and would LOVE a site theme.

nattiee Love your theme and enthusiasm for the struggle to get snow to move and the cat-in-a-scarf is very tempting to be an auto-win, but 2020 amnesia is just too much of a fucking mood.

Nyanobyte I wanna try making those cookies and love the idea of pulling from NC bgs for the theme (some of my faves were in there), but gotta go with the Snowager Prize story, was just very heartwarming!

Rylai The Lost Desert Snowglobe is very cute, I used to collect snowglobes and something just tickles me about snow in the desert, but I think the sea-life nova wand is my favorite.

Sephora Awesome work! Fucking love that you actually wrote a script to make the theme usable on neopets, but I think the work and setup that must have gone into the Amira Party/Concert setup is just so much and that's my winner!

Stardust Another tough decision here, I really like your art style and love everything, feel like kindred spirits with the snowager prize a bit, and again I love the snow-in-desert idea (the sky is so pretty), but something about your RG Kyrii in the earmuffs is just *chef's kiss*.

Honestly had a tough time deciding on a lot of these, you all made some really cool/pretty/awesome stuff on a tight deadline during a very busy part of a really nutso year! Happy 2021 everybody and keep making things!

(I am pretty sure I didn't miss anybody who submitted at least one thing, and I tried to double check, so I am really really sorry if I skipped anybody and don't hesitate to tell me if I did, please).

Flordibel
01-01-2021, 01:10 PM
Thank you so much to ALL who entered!!! I hear your comments about not having a dedicated discussion thread and I will keep that in mind for next time! :D (Tbh I didn't think people would WANT to discuss them, lol!)

The winners will be announced soon, and there'll be an official wrap-up post/thread!!

Koto
01-01-2021, 02:27 PM
It's been incredible seeing how much creativity has come out of this YET AGAIN! Everyone never fails to leave me stunned with how great and fun and heartfelt things can be and I am living for it.

Thank you for your kind words kittyray - I too wish for more festive Darigan things and like more fun Darigan things in general??? A lot of missed opportunities I feel.

And of course thank you Flordibel for a lovely event! ^-^

Nattiee
01-01-2021, 11:56 PM
I liked how during the summer art challenge people were constantly posting appreciation and feedback in the discussion thread, which didn't really happen for this, so I just wanna go through and pick my favorite entry from each person.

nattiee Love your theme and enthusiasm for the struggle to get snow to move and the cat-in-a-scarf is very tempting to be an auto-win, but 2020 amnesia is just too much of a fucking mood.

Honestly had a tough time deciding on a lot of these, you all made some really cool/pretty/awesome stuff on a tight deadline during a very busy part of a really nutso year! Happy 2021 everybody and keep making things!

(I am pretty sure I didn't miss anybody who submitted at least one thing, and I tried to double check, so I am really really sorry if I skipped anybody and don't hesitate to tell me if I did, please).

I love this and thank you!

Ive been lurking everyone's entries and as much panic as these challenges give me because I cant live up to everyone else's creativity and talent I must say my favourite part is looking at everyone's approach to each prompt.

You guys really inspire me to want to be better at things. All the things.

xmilo
01-02-2021, 12:11 AM
i loved all the entries that i’ve seen so far! still bummed out that i couldnt make it for this event.

quick shoutout to Stardust absolutely loving your digital art. i thought it was a ryugotchi at first! but it’s actually a snowagergotchi!