PDA

View Full Version : MapleStory x BTS Crossover Event

Ice
11-23-2020, 11:10 PM
Tbh no one plays MS anymore (least of all me) nor do I care about BTS, but this one really hit from left field, everyone is going crazy. Nexon dropping this massive bomb to end 2020 wtf lololol

Twitter announcement: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

YouTube video:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Microsite: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

The last crossover event GMS had I believe was with Isekai Quartet (Re:Zero, Overlord, Konosuba + 1 more I can't remember??) and before that should have been Card Captor Sakura. This is cool that it's focusing on real world/Korean branding, as opposed to preying on the weeb population of MS. I definitely will be keeping an eye out for what kind of events/rewards they'll be running in game.

RealisticError
11-23-2020, 11:56 PM
nothing scares me more than Kpop stans and that tweets comments solidify that belief. That should be a huge boost to MS though, which is nice, even though it's a P2W mess, it's still nice to see the games I played as a kid stick around.

Ice
11-24-2020, 12:13 AM
nothing scares me more than Kpop stans and that tweets comments solidify that belief. That should be a huge boost to MS though, which is nice, even though it's a P2W mess, it's still nice to see the games I played as a kid stick around.

Agreed, kpop stans (ESPECIALLY army) are frightening to the nth degree. Crossovers usually have a good number of players returning, but I wonder if this will cause new players to sign up (namely, army) just for the BTS event lmao.

Honestly MapleStory is very much like Neopets to me, no matter how many years I stay away from it I always find myself crawling back at some point. I think that holds true for a lot of other people who have played it on and off over the past ~15 years.