PDA

View Full Version : What's new with clraik (November 2020)

Bat
11-13-2020, 12:48 AM
Happy between holidays, everybody! Sorry for the server hiccups this evening. We were busy rolling out a snazzy new feature that you can read about below! We're gearing up for our holiday events this December, but we have a few surprises to share this month as well!

For those of you that have signed up for our NaNoWriMo ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) writing event, but sure to get your posts over to the write-along thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) so that you can earn this coveted userbar!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

So Novel

Here's a blast from the past! A digital pet to call your own and show off around the forum. Introducing ... Ryugotchi! Our little dragon pet userbar!

images/userbars/ryugotchi.png?demoimages/userbars/ryugotchi.png?demoimages/userbars/ryugotchi.png?demoimages/userbars/ryugotchi.png?demo

Feed them, play with them and clean up after them (oh boy)! Customize their home in up to a whopping 4 colors to show off your style!

If you're diligent with raising your Ryus, then you might even unlock new ones. You'll have to keep at it to find out!

That's all for now. Take care and stay safe!

PrettySarcastic
11-13-2020, 12:58 AM
Here's a spiffy link to a Hex Color Picker ([Only registered and activated users can see links] 60j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8) just on Google for when you work out how to have your own and need to pick some pretty colors. ;)

Thanks Bat for always dreaming up the next crazy and amazing thing!!!

Pidgey
11-13-2020, 01:02 AM
This new pet user bar has got to be one of the coolest user bars ever!!

Mama Bear
11-13-2020, 01:03 AM
The talent of Bat never ceases to amaze me. He even made personalised ones for staff.

kittyray
11-13-2020, 01:20 AM
When I was a kid I got a tamagotchi (or a knockoff?) and every day I got home from school and it was dead because I ignored it all day and I had to reset it. Fed up, I brought it to school with me, where it promptly got stolen on the playground. Excited to redeem myself!

This is seriously such an amazing userbar and I can't wait for the folks in the unlocking thread to figure it out and then further my excuses to pop my head in here throughout the day. Thank you, Bat! Really cool work!

Bowsette
11-13-2020, 01:22 AM
Oh how cute!

Ice
11-13-2020, 01:22 AM
Those are so awesome! It's really incredible to see the things you can do; can't wait for what you come up with next! :o_o:

Also the hex color customization part is *chef's kiss*

PrettySarcastic
11-13-2020, 01:24 AM
Hopefully soon we can share with you just how much thought and care he puts into these things with some "Dev Notes" or something.

He plugs away at stuff behind the scenes but we get sneak peeks here and there and glimpses of how the cogs and whatchamahoozits and thingiemajigs all work together... (or don't... until they do!)

Maybe at our next stream. :)

Peanutface
11-13-2020, 02:03 AM
How do we get the Ryus to add to our userbar?

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Mama Bear, I love your little bear Ryugotchi

PrettySarcastic
11-13-2020, 02:06 AM
Peanutface

I fully expect the Secret Userbar Unlocking squad will be hard at work trying to figure it out once more folks are awake!

[Only registered and activated users can see links](Unlocking-quests!)

Peanutface
11-13-2020, 02:13 AM
I will wait patiently for someone more clever than moi to figure this one out. Thanks for the link

TsUNaMy WaVe
11-13-2020, 04:18 AM
Those new userbars are just amazing, I can't even start to think how much work it was to make them. Thank you Bat!
Also the NaNo event is a blast so far :)

Zapdos
11-13-2020, 04:38 AM
Loving the addition of 4 hex colours, that's crazy! So many options for aesthetically pleasing schemes :)

Erik.
11-13-2020, 07:52 AM
Happy between holidays, everybody! Sorry for the server hiccups this evening. We were busy rolling out a snazzy new feature that you can read about below! We're gearing up for our holiday events this December, but we have a few surprises to share this month as well!

For those of you that have signed up for our NaNoWriMo ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) writing event, but sure to get your posts over to the write-along thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) so that you can earn this coveted userbar!

So Novel

Here's a blast from the past! A digital pet to call your own and show off around the forum. Introducing ... Ryugotchi! Our little dragon pet userbar!

images/userbars/ryugotchi.png?demoimages/userbars/ryugotchi.png?demoimages/userbars/ryugotchi.png?demoimages/userbars/ryugotchi.png?demo

Feed, them, play with them and clean up after them (oh boy)! Customize their home in up to a whopping 4 colors to show off your style!

If you're diligent with raising your Ryus, then you might even unlock new ones. You'll have to keep at it to find out!

That's all for now. Take care and stay safe!

Yoo they're dying :( feeding them doesn't help, they just get back to dying when I refresh

Bat
11-13-2020, 07:53 AM
Yoo they're dying :( feeding them doesn't help, they just get back to dying when I refresh

That's okay, Erik! Those are just demo userbars. They're not connected to the Ryu's ecosystem.

Erik.
11-13-2020, 07:54 AM
Good to hear :P

I hope someone figures out how to get them soon. They're amazing!

kopiko
11-13-2020, 10:01 AM
Wow! The new userbar looks so awesome.

Brings me back to my childhood days XD

My name is Yoshikage Kira
11-13-2020, 10:10 AM
Ahh these are soo cute!
Can't wait to get one

motherfucker
11-13-2020, 10:35 AM
Oh my god they poop.
Neopets is out.

LibraryFaerie
11-13-2020, 10:59 AM
Oh. My God. This is INCREDIBLE. My area is rapidly falling into COVID hell so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I'm homebound again with loads of disposable time to clean lil Ryu's poopies. Thank you Bat! Your talent is unmatched.

Flordibel
11-13-2020, 11:09 AM
Thank you PrettySarcastic and Bat for dreaming up these awesome contests and userbars! I can't wait to see what ck staff thinks of next!

Rinna
11-13-2020, 11:27 AM
Omg! This bar is the cutest!!! I'm going to have to step it up with being more active cause I don't want to miss it or it dying on me if I manage to unlock it! Amazing job!!!

Alister
11-13-2020, 03:13 PM
the special play animations for the admin sprites are so adorable. I love that Joe's is lifting weights and Bat's is playing on a computer lol

AyBeCee
11-13-2020, 05:34 PM
Why does the middle button of j03's Ryu make it cry? :(

Bat
11-13-2020, 05:38 PM

Ha ha! That's the sad animation for Joe's Ryugotchi, who we're calling lil' Tyler Durden, or lil' Tyler for short. lil' Tyler cries if you try to feed him when he's not hungry.

motherfucker
11-13-2020, 05:39 PM

The left and right buttons choose the action.
The middle button executes.

You can feed, play and clean up the poops.
"Overfeeding" Joe makes him cry. For fun, he lifts weights. His poops look the the same size as a Bear's and a Dragon's... ;)

AyBeCee
11-13-2020, 05:41 PM
Ha ha! That's the sad animation for Joe's Ryugotchi, who we're calling lil' Tyler Durden, or lil' Tyler for short. lil' Tyler cries if you try to feed him when he's not hungry.

Oh dear!

...If I keep making lil' Tyler cry, will he start pooping? :thinking:

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

The left and right buttons choose the action.
The middle button executes.

You can feed, play and clean up the poops.
"Overfeeding" Joe makes him cry. For fun, he lifts weights. His poops look the the same size as a Bear's and a Dragon's... ;)

Thanks for the explanation! I was just randomly clicking the buttons haha.

Dang, these turds are t h i c c

Bat
11-13-2020, 05:42 PM
Oh dear!

...If I keep making lil' Tyler cry, will he start pooping? :thinking:

If we did a word cloud on the most used words today on clraik, I think that we'd be shocked to find just how often the word "poop" comes up.

Poos are created as hearts deplete. You can't make Ryus crap themselves by playing with them!

Hall
11-13-2020, 10:13 PM
I love the little userbar pet. Quite cute! <3

Doge
11-13-2020, 11:33 PM
This is amazing! Reminds me of tamagothchi. Thank you for this Bat! :D

Oneiros
11-14-2020, 08:57 AM
NO WAAY I used to be obsessed with Tamagotchi/digital pets when I was younger, I had so many and all the games that they released on DS and such.

These userbars are so cool!! :o_o:

Digipoop
11-14-2020, 10:53 AM
NO WAAY I used to be obsessed with Tamagotchi/digital pets when I was younger, I had so many and all the games that they released on DS and such.

These userbars are so cool!! :o_o:

Same here, I used to love my meridell pocket neopet (before it got stolen :|). I bought new ones from a fellow neopian and I treasure them so much

Needless to say these new Ryu user bars are amazing, and there's so much fun happening at the Secret Userbars Unlocking Thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links](Unlocking-quests!))

Lolaloveloki
11-14-2020, 02:19 PM
Omg this is INCREDIBLE!!
Neopets to the trash, Ryugotchi is the newest cutest little thing *-*

Good job to the team like always! :)

Stardust
11-15-2020, 03:46 AM
Omg the Ryugotchi userbars are amazing and I love them!!
The NaNoWriMo userbar looks so cool too! Sad I missed out on the sign-ups for the event, hopefully next year if it returns I can join in.
Thank you guys for always finding ways to keep cK fun and engaging!! :)

Crowley
11-15-2020, 01:31 PM
this is hilarious i love these little ryus

gives me flashbacks to being in middle school and waking up and my tama had pooped like 4 times and was so mad lmao

like dude i gotta sleep cut me some slack

anyway i love you guys for making such cool stuff *_*

Double.Trouble
11-15-2020, 02:12 PM
Same here, I used to love my meridell pocket neopet (before it got stolen :|). I bought new ones from a fellow neopian and I treasure them so much

Needless to say these new Ryu user bars are amazing, and there's so much fun happening at the Secret Userbars Unlocking Thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links](Unlocking-quests!))

I had one of those! The Krawk one I think. He ran away at one point lol.

Using My Pass
11-16-2020, 10:06 AM
THIS IS BRILLIANT AND EVERYTHING IS BRILLIANT

Guil
11-16-2020, 05:16 PM
who needs other pet sites, we have our own pets now!!!! these are so cool!!

RealisticError
11-16-2020, 06:14 PM
Oh my god, with the Ryu I never need to go on Neopets again! awesome work team

Synth Salazzle
11-17-2020, 06:09 PM
This is easily the coolest thing I've ever seen on this forum holy crap.

Dita
11-18-2020, 01:44 AM
Bat I just wanted to say these new userbar are amazing! I don't think I could ever fully thank all the staff here for all the work you all pour into this forum. You guys just keep coming up with such great stuff. Thank you again <3

Saturnine
11-19-2020, 08:45 PM
I was obsessed with tamagotchis as a kid, these are amazing
hope I can get one soon when I have a little bit more time :)

txtsd
11-19-2020, 10:21 PM
Best forum feature yet!

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Bat Can you make our usernames the same color as the text in the permissions group?
I'd like this: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
to be the color shown here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]