PDA

View Full Version : Alolan Vulpix transferred to Pok�mon home has Kantonian form�s moves!

My name is Yoshikage Kira
11-11-2020, 01:49 PM
From reddit ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Pokemon Go just released Pokemon Home connectivity last night for players who reached level 40. An interesting discovery was made: Pokemon with regional forms who's original forms were in Let's Go get assigned the level up moves the original forms had in Let's Go.

This means that if you level up a an alolan Vulpix to level 24 in Go and send it to Home, you'll be the proud owner of an Alolan Vulpix with both Flamethrower and Will o Wisp. Sadly, this can't be used to give Galarian Ponyta Flare Blitz but it does have interesting connotations for Alolan Ninetales.

Would get on this quickly since it will probably be fixed soon :D

Mama Bear
11-11-2020, 03:31 PM
I mean, it's kinda cool, but then you don't get the STAB. So strategically, not the best.

Nimoligist
11-11-2020, 04:35 PM
I mean that's awesome, I can't wait!

Alister
11-11-2020, 05:05 PM
Dang, just the novelty of it makes me want to dust off my Go account. Thanks for the head's up.

RealisticError
11-11-2020, 05:34 PM
that's a collector's item haha

Dita
11-11-2020, 08:58 PM
So if anyone has one and can let me clone it please let me know! I never got into GO but that sounds really cool to have :D

Hall
11-15-2020, 01:30 AM
The big question I see is Nintendo going to flag the Alola-Vulpix/Ninetales with those fire moves as hacked if it's used online?

Saturnine
11-22-2020, 07:33 PM
As far as I know it's still considered hacked/illegal online. Plus, you'd still need the galarian mark to use them on official online formats which would delete de move (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't play pokemon go)

That aside, it would be a very nice addition to its movepool, Alola Ninetales would finally be able to touch steel types after the loss of hidden power fire. But then again, it's always been used as an auroa veil setter and nothing more.

Synth Salazzle
11-23-2020, 11:42 AM
It isn't trade legal. I'm not sure about if you evolve it, or try to raid with it. But it told me I couldn't trade mine when I made clones of it to give out.