PDA

View Full Version : Getting CGed

f4xf0x2
12-26-2011, 03:42 PM
How does this happen to people? What kind of websites are they visiting that are allowing them to be CGed?

Evelsaint
12-26-2011, 03:51 PM
They have link in shops that show paintbrushes for one np. you click on it and it redirects you to a website that looks almost identical to neopet but you're logged out.

Then link is rz.neopet.com

or something like that.

Then you login, viola, your info got stolen.

JK. I'm not sure if that's how you get cged but that's one scam to watch out for.

bamag
12-26-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm not sure but I heard its like you click on a link.. then it steals your cookies and yeah..
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Nice guide on them.

razzel
12-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Cookie grabbers are using made with cross site scripting and they steal ur session id's and passes

Mike
12-27-2011, 01:44 AM
I was told there isn't anymore CGers, they've been patched, all you need to worry about is people buying Joe's Lists xD
Also, hashes and stuff like that...

jongeh
12-27-2011, 03:16 PM
They have link in shops that show paintbrushes for one np. you click on it and it redirects you to a website that looks almost identical to neopet but you're logged out.

Then link is rz.neopet.com

or something like that.

Then you login, viola, your info got stolen.

JK. I'm not sure if that's how you get cged but that's one scam to watch out for.

That has happened to me before. I clicked an item in a shop, got redirected to a FLP, didn't log in but I still got banned by TNT. This must have been like 8+ years ago though .

John
12-27-2011, 03:22 PM
i have bought baby pbs at 99k in the past, but they were just the images covering piles of dung.

j03
12-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Well it all starts by finding a way to insert your "code" that will be able to save and send other users cookie information to wherever you are storing this information..

Common places are shop, gallery, lookups and petpages where HTML and whatnot is allowed. Almost, if not all users who do it today use offsite CGing as all ways onsite are patched/not found.