PDA

View Full Version : Script request - clickable avatar grabber

Mama Bear
09-25-2020, 08:26 AM
I'm starting a project for our youtube channel that is about using our site's cheating features to turn a shell into something decent. This lead me to the discovery that we don't have anything that'll just go through to all the clickable avatars and grab them for you. If someone is looking to cut their teeth with scripting, this might be a great starting point.

motherfucker
09-25-2020, 05:51 PM
This idea is awesome, but I'm not sure what complications that Captchas could put into a script like this.

Zer0
09-26-2020, 11:05 AM
I will try taking this on if you can tell me where all the clickable avatars are.

Fabulous
09-26-2020, 11:18 AM
I will try taking this on if you can tell me where all the clickable avatars are.

JellyNeo has a list of clickables ([Only registered and activated users can see links])!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Mama Bear
09-29-2020, 05:58 PM
Any luck? I know the amazing Bat could whip something up, but we wanted to let someone else have a chance to make a valuable contribution. ;)

kittyray
09-29-2020, 08:51 PM
Kind of want to take this on, but no idea how to handle captchas, and to a lesser extent things that require frequent updating like pets that need to be a certain age or making sure people get the korbat one they want. Might give it a shot, but if somebody beats me to it, then so be it!

Posting this for the sake of accountability, lol.

Unown
09-29-2020, 09:04 PM
Yea the captchas are the real problems. If it's clickables excluding all the pets/petpets it's definitely doable.

With regards to constant updating - it would be good if the script could automatically grab data from JN since they update it regularly.

Mama Bear
09-29-2020, 09:06 PM
Could be split up. Like the non-pet ones as one script, then a pet (and other captcha ones) with the disclaimer that it'll open the pages but you might need to do the captcha?

kittyray
09-29-2020, 09:19 PM
Yea the captchas are the real problems. If it's clickables excluding all the pets/petpets it's definitely doable.

With regards to constant updating - it would be good if the script could automatically grab data from JN since they update it regularly.

I just went through the list and it's majority pet /petpet ones if i include ones that require refreshing or other tricky bits it's 61 petlookup ones out of 91.

God, they really took the "clickable" out of "clickable".

kittyray
10-04-2020, 04:39 PM
So, I have what I guess I would call a prototype for this, but it's kind of janky and would require babysitting for captchas and allowing popups on jellyneo, and also I don't necessarily know whether or not it's considered "safe", so idk if I should release into the wild?

But still was fun to poke around with!

Mama Bear
10-04-2020, 05:57 PM
So, I have what I guess I would call a prototype for this, but it's kind of janky and would require babysitting for captchas and allowing popups on jellyneo, and also I don't necessarily know whether or not it's considered "safe", so idk if I should release into the wild?

But still was fun to poke around with!

Could always have it run on a test account? I really appreciate you giving it a crack. It just seems like an untapped area to cheat, and so my shell project still has a low av count. XD

kittyray
10-04-2020, 08:14 PM
Could always have it run on a test account? I really appreciate you giving it a crack. It just seems like an untapped area to cheat, and so my shell project still has a low av count. XD

Is it SOP to just get some shells and then wait a bit for something like this? Like definitely interested in learning/improving, just also don't wanna put anybody at risk!

Mama Bear
10-04-2020, 09:11 PM
Is it SOP to just get some shells and then wait a bit for something like this? Like definitely interested in learning/improving, just also don't wanna put anybody at risk!

Sounds right to me. Bat, how do you test shit?

Bat
10-04-2020, 09:20 PM
Sounds right to me. Bat, how do you test shit?

I have a few accounts spread across cloud computers that I test with. If I'm looking for a clean slate, I just create a new account and use a fake e-mail address that routes everything to a central inbox. For script development, I use Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code because both of those programs recognize JavaScript syntax, which makes it easier to catch mistakes before deploying. When it comes time to run the script, I create an empty script in Tampermonkey, then drop the code into it as I iterate. Open your browser's development tools with F12, Ctrl+Shift+I, Cmd+Shift+I or Cmd+Opt+I, navigate to the "Console" tab, and watch out for any errors!

kittyray
10-04-2020, 09:48 PM
I have a few accounts spread across cloud computers that I test with. If I'm looking for a clean slate, I just create a new account and use a fake e-mail address that routes everything to a central inbox. For script development, I use Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code because both of those programs recognize JavaScript syntax, which makes it easier to catch mistakes before deploying. When it comes time to run the script, I create an empty script in Tampermonkey, then drop the code into it as I iterate. Open your browser's development tools with F12, Ctrl+Shift+I, Cmd+Shift+I or Cmd+Opt+I, navigate to the "Console" tab, and watch out for any errors!

I've been using sublime text because for whatever reason I tend to only use VS Code when working with multiple files, and then tested with developer tools, so I guess the super baby version of what you described. Guess it's time to get some shells! And generally making the experience of use more pleasant!

Thank you!

Mama Bear
10-14-2020, 06:57 AM
My "pimp my account" account is still sitting on a measly number of avs. Clicking them myself just goes against the whole point of the experiment...too much of a sucker thing to do.

kittyray
10-14-2020, 11:11 AM
My "pimp my account" account is still sitting on a measly number of avs. Clicking them myself just goes against the whole point of the experiment...too much of a sucker thing to do.

I asked Bat for some advice/feedback (thank you again) and I realized my thing was more of a rough draft than I thought, but I do love a good challenge. I just gotta educate myself a bit/lot, and have been on the busier side of things the past week-ish, so it's on the backburner. When are you hoping to have this ready by? I don't want to take an opportunity away from somebody smarter with more relevant skills/experience than me, but I do sincerely wanna try.

Mama Bear
10-14-2020, 03:31 PM
I asked Bat for some advice/feedback (thank you again) and I realized my thing was more of a rough draft than I thought, but I do love a good challenge. I just gotta educate myself a bit/lot, and have been on the busier side of things the past week-ish, so it's on the backburner. When are you hoping to have this ready by? I don't want to take an opportunity away from somebody smarter with more relevant skills/experience than me, but I do sincerely wanna try.

Real life totally takes precedence, I get that. :)
It doesn't look like anyone else is wanting to give it a whirl (kinda surprising since it'd be a great contribution to the community), so I can be patient. :)