PDA

View Full Version : How much should a pin/bday crack cost?

I_royalty_I
09-20-2020, 02:55 PM
This is more of a discussion than a price check. Im curious how much everything thinks would be a fair price for a pin crack or birthday crack.

Should it depend on what kind of account it is? Should it be a flat price across the board? Got an opinion?

Erik.
09-20-2020, 03:18 PM
Oh interesting discussion! I think at least the price should be the same for every account. Seems fair and you'd get a big fat confusing mess otherwise because how are you even going to rate accounts... Their worth could be based on so many different things: UC pets or expensive paint jobs, closet items, nc items, huge neohomes with lots of furniture, avatars, galleries, games playes, highscores, trophies, but also sentimental value. And while those things are necessary if you want to sell an account, how much would they affect the price of a birthday/pin crack? Every box ticked adds 50 cents to the total price? idk. It just sounds to bothersome

Goten
09-20-2020, 03:42 PM
$3-$5 a pop. Not based on account value as that'd just be abuse and taking advantage of peoples situation. Discount for multiple buys.

Bellz
09-20-2020, 03:44 PM
I've purchased them at $10 but feel now that that was too high. $5 feels fairer to me.

I_royalty_I
09-20-2020, 03:57 PM
Oh interesting discussion! I think at least the price should be the same for every account. Seems fair and you'd get a big fat confusing mess otherwise because how are you even going to rate accounts... Their worth could be based on so many different things: UC pets or expensive paint jobs, closet items, nc items, huge neohomes with lots of furniture, avatars, galleries, games playes, highscores, trophies, but also sentimental value. And while those things are necessary if you want to sell an account, how much would they affect the price of a birthday/pin crack? Every box ticked adds 50 cents to the total price? idk. It just sounds to bothersome

I agree, it would be difficult to set the requirements for everything if it was priced that way. Then you’d have to keep tabs and search every account asking for a pin crack to confirm things.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I've purchased them at $10 but feel now that that was too high. $5 feels fairer to me.

$3-$5 a pop. Not based on account value as that'd just be abuse and taking advantage of peoples situation. Discount for multiple buys.

This question is assuming it’s an actual pin crack and not somebody searching the old list for a username and bring up a pin. I feel like an actual pin crack would be worth a bit more than $5, personally.

For shells and empty accounts maybe a price like that would work, but I think for nice mains a higher price wouldn’t be unfair :P

Bellz
09-20-2020, 05:08 PM
I agree, it would be difficult to set the requirements for everything if it was priced that way. Then you’d have to keep tabs and search every account asking for a pin crack to confirm things.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

This question is assuming it’s an actual pin crack and not somebody searching the old list for a username and bring up a pin. I feel like an actual pin crack would be worth a bit more than $5, personally.

For shells and empty accounts maybe a price like that would work, but I think for nice mains a higher price wouldn’t be unfair :P

Ahh, good point. Yeah I was thinking of the latter situation. I agree, an actual pin crack would be more work and thus worth more.

I_royalty_I
09-20-2020, 05:09 PM
Ahh, good point. Yeah I was thinking of the latter situation. I agree, an actual pin crack would be more work and thus worth more.

Yeah I figured I’d clarify that. Pins/bdays that were easily able to be pulled from places that I’m sure a lot of other people have access to :P

Goten
09-20-2020, 06:10 PM
I'd pay handsomely for an unfreezing service xD Or, pulling items frozen in the accounts. Maybe someone should try to infiltrate the neoteam haha

RealisticError
09-20-2020, 06:20 PM
I'd pay handsomely for an unfreezing service xD Or, pulling items frozen in the accounts. Maybe someone should try to infiltrate the neoteam haha

This happened in the OSRS team and I think the guy got arrested or something :(

Goten
09-20-2020, 06:25 PM
This happened in the OSRS team and I think the guy got arrested or something :(

WHAT? I don't know what that team is but geez arrested is a bit much.

Allegra
09-20-2020, 06:27 PM
I think flat price that's not based on account worth - some people ask for pin/birthday cracks when they legitimately own the account, don't think it's fair to ask them to pay more if they've built it up.

Price - Depending on the time of the person offering it :) I don't want to insult people and say something super low as I have no idea the time and effort required. Maybe if someone could add in here, it would be great.

RealisticError
09-20-2020, 06:31 PM
WHAT? I don't know what that team is but geez arrested is a bit much.

Old School RuneScape :) They effectively rigged a tournament and stole thousands of dollars worth of in game items afaik

to stay on topic: I think that birthday lookups with the old DB leak should be unpaid, everyone has easy access to that leak and it's basically public knowledge.

proper PIN cracks and birthday cracks on the other hand, I think $10 minimum.

Goten
09-20-2020, 06:35 PM
Old School RuneScape :) They effectively rigged a tournament and stole thousands of dollars worth of in game items afaik

to stay on topic: I think that birthday lookups with the old DB leak should be unpaid, everyone has easy access to that leak and it's basically public knowledge.

Ohh I see. Poor guy lol

I_royalty_I
09-20-2020, 07:02 PM
I think flat price that's not based on account worth - some people ask for pin/birthday cracks when they legitimately own the account, don't think it's fair to ask them to pay more if they've built it up.

Price - Depending on the time of the person offering it :) I don't want to insult people and say something super low as I have no idea the time and effort required. Maybe if someone could add in here, it would be great.

Hey if they legitimately own the account then they can take their chances with TNT and get the hookup. Otherwise I think it isn�t unfair to charge them accordingly. That�s just me though. I think shells and mains should be two different prices depending. It�s kind of open for interpretation. But you wouldn�t want to charge so much that it�s not worth it for them to get the info.

I don�t think they�d get arrested for stealing in game items haha. Unless they took some extraordinary methods to steal those items :P

I agree though. Lots of people have access to some info that�s widely out in the open

PrettySarcastic
09-20-2020, 07:57 PM
There are a few rules on this already outlined for CK posted in the Neopets Services FAQ ([Only registered and activated users can see links]):

Q: Are there any eligibility requirements for offering birthday/PIN cracks to other users?
A: For the safety of our users, you are required to be at least official clraik rank /forum/images/userbars/official.png in order to offer these services. This ensures that you've put in the time and effort to earn the trust of this community.

Q: I want to sell birthday/PIN cracks for users. Can I?
A: Unless you are doing this through a method of your own means, and not using the leaked database in the past, then no you can't! Eligibility for trusted users.

So if your question pertains to - "What should birthday and PIN cracks - which are NOT in the leaked database data - cost?" then this topic can remain open for further opinions to be solicited.

If the intent was to sell birthday and PINs purely from the database leaks, that is not permitted, and those may only be offered as courtesy services.

I_royalty_I
09-22-2020, 10:26 AM
There are a few rules on this already outlined for CK posted in the Neopets Services FAQ ([Only registered and activated users can see links]):

[/CENTER]So if your question pertains to - "What should birthday and PIN cracks - which are NOT in the leaked database data - cost?" then this topic can remain open for further opinions to be solicited.

If the intent was to sell birthday and PINs purely from the database leaks, that is not permitted, and those may only be offered as courtesy services.

That is precisely what the question being posed was for. I don't consider pulling info from an old leak to be cracking anything lol

RealisticError
09-22-2020, 11:41 PM
Hey if they legitimately own the account then they can take their chances with TNT and get the hookup. Otherwise I think it isn’t unfair to charge them accordingly. That’s just me though. I think shells and mains should be two different prices depending. It’s kind of open for interpretation. But you wouldn’t want to charge so much that it’s not worth it for them to get the info.

I don’t think they’d get arrested for stealing in game items haha. Unless they took some extraordinary methods to steal those items :P

I agree though. Lots of people have access to some info that’s widely out in the open

OSRS is wild, one gold seller travelled to Thailand to kill his competition, it makes me so happy that CK exists, everythings much nicer here :P

Cinderella
09-23-2020, 02:02 AM
I'd say $10 per account sounds fair for a bday/pin crack, of course the account needs to be 'seem a long long time ago'/inactive. However, I'd also think it be fair that if the said account has a high end UC pet on it or high value items, they should get charged a little more. Just my two cents :)

I_royalty_I
09-23-2020, 06:03 AM
OSRS is wild, one gold seller travelled to Thailand to kill his competition, it makes me so happy that CK exists, everythings much nicer here :P

Oh god.. you weren’t kidding then. Yeah, things like murdering other people can definitely get you arrested! That’s wild. They must have taken the game way more serious haha