PDA

View Full Version : You're given Admin Powers at Neopets.com for 5 Minutes.

PrettySarcastic
06-17-2020, 12:22 PM
You get a basic user manual that explains how their systems work but only five minutes to review it before your five minutes of administrator powers begin.

What do you do, hotshot?

What do you do?

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

(70% of you won't get this reference which doesn't really fit this situation but I really wanted to use it so deal with it.)

Bat
06-17-2020, 12:32 PM
Create a backdoor so that I can keep my admin powers after my five minutes are up!

Pinecone
06-17-2020, 12:44 PM
Create a backdoor so that I can keep my admin powers after my five minutes are up!

Of course, the classic "I use my last wish to wish for 3 more wishes!" Very clever ;)

Flordibel
06-17-2020, 12:50 PM
I fire the hiring manager and install myself in that position. If there isn't one, I reorganize the system and MAKE it.

Now I have control over every employee who works at Neopets.

But like, in a puppet master way.

Nimue
06-17-2020, 01:07 PM
Immediately find the JumpStart contract, invalidate it, and sell that shit to ANY competent company who understands games and doesn't make them for children

Alcremie
06-17-2020, 01:10 PM
I stare at the wall for the entire five minutes because I never actually thought that they'd have an SOP written :o

revnov
06-17-2020, 01:14 PM
I find somebody on clraik who can actually do some amazing stuff with those 5 minutes, because I know I cant haha

SomeClown
06-17-2020, 01:16 PM
Reinstate Bilge Dice, LoM, and any other click based game we actually enjoyed. OH! and the DoN... really don't understand why it's so difficult to still have that implemented.

kittyray
06-17-2020, 02:14 PM
realistically:

Skim through the manual until something jogs my memory of some project I always wanted to do, so I take a second to write it down, but then to make sure I'm phrasing it in the correct way I google something real quick, which leads me to�*oh, wait! I'm supposed to be doing something. Shit! Okay, I guess I'll just wing this. Oh, fuck, oh, fuck, this is too much pressure, who in the right mind thought five minutes in my hands was a good idea? Well, better at least look around, wait now I really wanna do something, but now all I can do is think about how I don't have enough time to even think about what I wanna do! Guess I'll just click around frantically? Fuck! No, that's a bad idea. Hands off everything, just sit back and relax and watch as the moment slips by.

hmm wonder what this does?

phantasia
06-17-2020, 02:15 PM

Love your response!

I_royalty_I
06-17-2020, 02:20 PM
Obviously run a script to create many accounts loaded with all the rare and sought after things. Probably unfreeze a few of my accounts. Then if there’s room, I might think about creating a few UCs for the icing on top.

DrSloth
06-17-2020, 02:35 PM
probably unfreeze my fav account and load it with the retired avies i've missed while frozen xD

Monster1uz
06-17-2020, 03:09 PM
Reset mariokarts account back to a brand new account, nothing but your newbie starter kit.

Dita
06-17-2020, 03:43 PM
Taking pets with names I like off inactive accounts and changing them to UC I want before putting them on my accounts :P

Kylae
06-17-2020, 04:06 PM
Create 500 UC Darigan Wockies and hide them away, selling them for years pretending that only a few still exist.

Valia
06-17-2020, 04:33 PM
"Stop trying to make the Beta happen, it's not going to happen."

Unown
06-17-2020, 06:20 PM
Damn... 5 minutes?

There're so many things I'd like to do...

But for firstsies, award my accounts with all the retired avvies, max neopoints and all the rare items.

And freeze a new annoying people from the boards

PS:
@prettysarcastic AND OMG LOVE THE SPEED REFERENCE. I totally shipped Keanu and Sandra in that movie

bootiesrus
06-17-2020, 07:05 PM
I would just go around creating random UCs, and/or unconverting people's pets at random. Imagine the fun chaos and drama on the PC boards. XD

Hall
06-17-2020, 07:40 PM
Convert all the UCs and wipe all accounts inactive over 2 years. :teatime:

Don't get me wrong I love the UC art, but....the chaos that goes along with it is sometimes a bit TOO much.

OH~! Also maybe add an item that lets you have the APPEARANCE of a UC. Like a foreground item or something.

You have a Sponge Grundo? Add this item and get your flat boy!

Unown
06-17-2020, 08:25 PM
Convert all the UCs and wipe all accounts inactive over 2 years. :teatime:

Don't get me wrong I love the UC art, but....the chaos that goes along with it is sometimes a bit TOO much.

OH~! Also maybe add an item that lets you have the APPEARANCE of a UC. Like a foreground item or something.

You have a Sponge Grundo? Add this item and get your flat boy!

Omg off topic but if they had an item that allowed you regain the APPEARANCE of a UC I'd buy that shit. That WOULD be a fun customization idea.

Or.. you know, put some effort into artwork and customization and allow clothes/hair be worn on UC as well.

Hall
06-17-2020, 08:36 PM
Omg off topic but if they had an item that allowed you regain the APPEARANCE of a UC I'd buy that shit. That WOULD be a fun customization idea.

Or.. you know, put some effort into artwork and customization and allow clothes/hair be worn on UC as well.

I've always loved the idea of an item like this and never got (before I really understood TNT is a bag of feral cats) why they didn't implement it. And TBH even with my EXTREMELY limited coding skills I think it wouldn't be to difficult to implement.

Star Dream
06-17-2020, 09:31 PM
I'd make a few items:
- Account rename item. Probably 1000 NC.
- Deconversion item. 3000 NC. Maybe 3500. It stays there for a month and then rotates in annually during anniversary week.

I'd consider a pet rename item too, but between deconversion possibilities and the fun of trading names around, maybe not.
Then I'd hand the site over to a competent team who cares and knows what they're doing, and if I have any time at all left, I'd make a personal backdoor for extended mischief.

Goddammit
06-18-2020, 12:19 AM
Call Bat so he can create a backdoor but only give him the information if he promises to load my account with every avatar, especially the retired ones I was too lame as a kid to actually get.

Lilostitch
07-13-2020, 05:43 PM
I'd make a few items:
- Account rename item. Probably 1000 NC.
- Deconversion item. 3000 NC. Maybe 3500. It stays there for a month and then rotates in annually during anniversary week.

I'd consider a pet rename item too, but between deconversion possibilities and the fun of trading names around, maybe not.
Then I'd hand the site over to a competent team who cares and knows what they're doing, and if I have any time at all left, I'd make a personal backdoor for extended mischief.

You exposed everything I would want here.

RealisticError
07-13-2020, 06:23 PM
I'd deconvert every pet in the game, even ones that can't be UCs currently, then if anyone wants to convert their pet back they can, but the pound chat will be ruined forever, it would be perfect

Numbkins
07-13-2020, 07:24 PM
I'd deconvert every pet in the game, even ones that can't be UCs currently, then if anyone wants to convert their pet back they can, but the pound chat will be ruined forever, it would be perfect

I�d do the opposite. I�d convert every pet.

RealisticError
07-13-2020, 07:53 PM
I’d do the opposite. I’d convert every pet.

Enjoy this low effort meme

funnybell
07-13-2020, 11:08 PM
I'd be really tempted just to delete every file and their backups

Crow
07-13-2020, 11:19 PM
LET'S DO THE PURGE
yes for everyone
best part of Neopets, I'm not keeping it to myself