PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE] Imposter Apple Avatar (Apple Bobbing)

Unown
06-06-2020, 10:13 PM
Imposter Apple Avatar

Randomly awarded when obtaining an Imposter Apple while Apple Bobbing ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Also awarded if you lose an Imposter Apple while bobbing.

I think many people still do Apple Bobbing as a daily and just hope for the time when they actually get an "Imposter Apple" from the daily - thus awarding the avatar.

However, if you take note of the back part of the avatar description, it says you're also awarded the avatar if you lose an Imposter Apple while bobbing.

According to JN ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), you can have 8 different types of outcomes

You are awarded an Apple Bobbing exclusive prize
You are awarded a non exclusive prize
You lose Neopoints (it is also possible to have your Neopoints on hand go negative)
You lose a random item from your inventory
Your active Neopet's mood is lowered
Your active Neopet loses hitpoints
Your active Neopet contracts Blurred Vision
Nothing happens

Considering that the Imposter Apple is one item out of the 94 Apple Bobbing exclusive prizes, your chances of getting an Imposter Apple from the game would be 1/8 (outcomes) x 1/94 (prizes) which is 0.133%. Whereas, the chances of losing a random item from your inventory is 1/8 or 12.5%.
*This is assuming that the chances of all outcomes and prizes are equal. I have no knowledge of the actual percentage of the outcomes and I can't seem to find any information on this.

So what you have to do:

Step 1: Buy an Imposter Apple from a usershop using Shop Wizard
Step 2: Clear out your inventory except for the Imposter Apple (1 item in your inventory)
Step 3: Bob for Apples and hope for the best

This method removes the random aspect of losing which items from your inventory and it increases the chances of getting the avatar the moment you lose something from your inventory.

Good luck and get to bobbing!! :D

capricornioelfer
07-31-2020, 08:48 PM
Nice! Thank you! Gonna start doing that. I've been trying to get this avatar for months!

Goxar
08-05-2020, 05:23 PM
I have never thought of this! I'll defnitly try it tomorrow! Thanks!