PDA

View Full Version : 1,000,000 posts + Stream Event + Forum Updates

j03
05-15-2020, 02:07 PM
Hey, everyone!

I wanted to take some time to post an update on current events around the forum. In case you haven't noticed, we're only a few posts away from 1,000,000, which is a major milestone for this community! While every other community has fizzled out - we're still growing more with each passing year.

I'm sending a huge thank you to the forum, as none of this would be possible without the amazing members/community we have here. :)

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

p/CADfH5Np6N9
----

On the topic of userbars, I want to point out we have added two new menu items in the Community dropdown:

- Neopets Beauty Contest Voting
- Userbars

The Neopets Beauty Contest Voting page gives you the option to crowd-source votes for your pets in this week's Beauty Contest.

The Neopets rules for advertising your pet are prohibitively strict, so how are you supposed to get enough votes to win? You could sneak your pet's voting page link into the signature of your Neoboard posts and hope that people will click it, or you could share that link with randos on the internet and hope that nobody blows your cover. But why deal with the aggravation and risk?

Let the friendly members of our community help! It's anonymous, it's for trusted members, and all it takes is your weekly enrollment!

Are you looking for votes?

Simply add your pet's name to the "Your Pets" section on the right. We'll crowd-source votes from our members so that you don't have to share your pets with anyone!

You can add up to 6 pets, but only 1 of each species.

If you'd prefer to limit who can vote for your pets, then you can check the "Only vote for, or allow votes from friends" checkbox to the right. When checked, we'll only source votes from members on your friends list!

Once you've added your pets, you'd be welcome to post that you're looking for votes in our Beauty Contest thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links])!

You'll receive a private message whenever someone has voted for your pets, along with a link to our Beauty Contest thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Please make sure to thank them for their help!

You can keep track of how many votes you've received from members of our community on the voting page as well!

We'll hold onto your pet's name until the end of this week's Beauty Contest, then it'll be removed until you add it again. When your pet's name is no longer visible in the "Your Pets" section - it's gone from our system!

Do you have any votes to spare?

We need your help! Please install this script ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and head over to the Neopets Beauty Contest ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) page to get started. You'll need to be logged into both your clraik account, and your Neopets account in the same browser for this to work. This also applies if you're using incognito mode.

When you press "Start", we'll grab some pets from any species that you haven't previously voted for and cast your votes for them! The grateful owners of those pets will be notified of your generosity, and hopefully they'll send you some kudos!

Please be sure to post a reply to our Beauty Contest thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) so you can be thanked properly!

The Userbars page will serve as a landing for all the hot new userbars we're adding to the site! Check out your standing, marvel at your collection, or aspire to collect more!

----

Upcoming stream event:

It's been mentioned before, but we have a streaming event coming up towards the end of the month! There is no final date yet, but we will be announcing the date when everything is finalized.

This will be our first official cK podcast/stream event for the community where everyone can tune in and hear us discuss various interesting topics. Everyone is welcome to watch, and our members are encouraged to ask questions regarding the topic(s) being discussed.

Stay tuned for more details! Most likely next weekend. :)

----

Emoji Design Contest

Please check the event topic for more information! All eligible entries will receive this userbar for participating:

-

On that note, have a fantastic weekend. :$

DrSloth
05-15-2020, 02:53 PM
Thank you Joe for this amazing community, Bat for the amazing things you have developed since you joined CK team and also thank you to everyone from this community for having such an important role in my neo life!

Really liked the new beauty contest vote system and wish I had participated the emoji contest becaseu i really enjoyed the new userbar, but nothing worthy came to mind, there are some amazing entries though!

Flordibel
05-15-2020, 03:43 PM
Many thanks for adding those quick links!! Those will be super helpful!

I've had a blast with the contest; thanks for letting me host (and whipping the userbar into shape!)!

The BC script is FUN and I can't WAIT for the stream event!!!

This community is so cool! *Sob emoji x9*

kittyray
05-15-2020, 03:49 PM
Congrats, y'all on one million! I've popped in and out over the years, but despite the reputation, this really is a wonderful community and I'm grateful to be part of it. Here's to a million more!

Also thank you to all of y'all that make this community possible!

Attainable
05-15-2020, 04:05 PM
Woooo! Congrats to 1 mil. :)

omg.UFOs
05-15-2020, 05:09 PM
:pride:So happy to be here for this! Been excited for a few days! Thank you to everyone for everything you all do!
Can't wait for the podcast/stream! I'll totally be tuning in!

Erik.
05-15-2020, 05:30 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!! :D Looking forward to the stream event!

Mama Bear
05-15-2020, 05:50 PM

Smashmouth sums up the years of activity for clraik. :P

Stardust
05-15-2020, 11:30 PM
Woohoo congrats cK on 1mil!!! Thank you for having this amazing community!!

The new Beauty Contest voting system is amazing and super convenient for both Bcers and voters, and the new menu links are super helpful! And of course the new userbars are absolutely gorgeous ♡ The stream event sounds like it'll be a good time and I'm looking forward to it. :)

Thank you Joe, Bat, and everyone for all the hard work you guys put into keeping this community going for us. I appreciate you!!

kadoatie
05-16-2020, 10:06 AM
That's amazing, and thanks for that BC section, loved it!

bootiesrus
05-16-2020, 10:12 AM
Yay! I am so happy to have found this community, and may it last forever more.

Hall
05-16-2020, 10:54 AM
This is an awesome mile stone, glad I found this community! Super stoked to keep finding things to help everyone out, like the BC voter! I didn't know that was a thing and look forward to helping other out.

*Points at video* It me!

Sakuras
05-16-2020, 02:59 PM
Thanks for all that you do for the site & community. :) Glad to have been here for almost 6 years now, holy cow.

TsUNaMy WaVe
05-16-2020, 04:53 PM
Congrats to ck! And thank you for the quick links!
Also, I can't wait to the stream! I really like those kind of community events ^~^

Pinecone
05-16-2020, 05:08 PM
Congrats ck! I love this community and its people. You've come a long way

Thanks for these updates and events too! I'm looking forward to the youtube stream

Dita
05-16-2020, 05:13 PM
This is amazing! Congratulations you guys! I'm super happy to be part of this community. You all are wonderful :love_heart:
I can't wait to try out this Beauty Contest page! Thanks for adding it :D

Synth Salazzle
05-16-2020, 05:49 PM
Wow, not gonna lie I expected this forum to start dying like the others. I'm so happy to see the staff is still doing their best.

GreyFaerie
05-16-2020, 09:51 PM
I'm very excited to try the new beauty contest voting system. It's a super useful tool.

Thanks for the hard work <3 and congratulations! I'm so happy to be part of this community even though I'm still new.

MrSlowBro
05-16-2020, 10:17 PM
this place has been a better place for me to post and chat than neo itself lol.

teslagirl
05-17-2020, 10:30 AM
I came here many, many, years ago after my son's Neopets account was taken (I won't say "hacked"; I'm certain he gave someone his password because 10 year-olds believe people on the internet). The users here were helpful, friendly, and, above all, very knowledgeable.

I've stayed for that reason. Clraik is, by far, the best Neopets site on the web. Thank you Joe and everyone else who makes this community special!

j03
05-17-2020, 11:26 AM
Wow, not gonna lie I expected this forum to start dying like the others. I'm so happy to see the staff is still doing their best.

It was comments like these that drove me to keep going. Thanks for believing in me. ;)

Daffodil
05-17-2020, 11:38 PM
Ayeee we freaking love you Joey. And everyone else that has and will make this forum the best. Such care goes into it and I'm proud to be part of it. <3 love u all x

Delibird
05-18-2020, 12:16 AM
Yay!! Amazing forum improvements for this great community :)

Thanks to all behind the scenes doing all the work!

phantasia
05-18-2020, 11:03 AM
wow awesome new stuff. I have voted for a few people on the beauty contest. I think I might add the script

Evangelion
05-18-2020, 04:52 PM
came back from a hiatus and this is the first i saw! nice and congrats to cK! cheers
also... that userbar is so cute ouo is there any requirement to have it?

omg.UFOs
05-18-2020, 10:11 PM
It was comments like these that drove me to keep going. Thanks for believing in me. ;)

I'm glad you've kept this going. Its more than a way to "cheat" its a great community. I feel thats why it's lasted longer than other places. That and the non-believers, we all care about each other, we deal with issues beyond Neopets. honestly Thank you, Joe. I'm happy to hang out with you all. That's why I personally payed for a life time membership, I believe in what you do and thank you!

Baelia
05-20-2020, 03:32 AM
came back from a hiatus and this is the first i saw! nice and congrats to cK! cheers

i keep missing out on so many avatars and userbars even though i spend too much time on neo lmfao. it is super cute! is there still a way to grab it?

RealisticError
05-20-2020, 03:39 AM
thanks for the update, I'm so glad to see CK thriving, I love this website and everyone on it! (way more than I love Neopets, at this point, I might add)

LibraryFaerie
05-20-2020, 09:42 AM
Congrats on hitting 1million!!! Huge milestone. Can't wait for the stream. Keep up to good work team, my account would be trash without you :smile-new:

rina
05-20-2020, 01:47 PM

Wondering this too! I couldn't remember the email I used for the longest time until today. Congrats cK!

Sneasel
05-20-2020, 01:48 PM
Wow, this is amazing!

Lyrichord
05-20-2020, 02:47 PM
ayyyy so exciting! Thanks Joe and staff!

Bellz
05-20-2020, 02:52 PM
Really stoked for the livestream. I love this forum, forums have always been my preferred form of community. You just can't get the same experience in a Facebook group or something. Thanks for keeping up this wonderful space!!

Skins
05-23-2020, 04:38 AM
Amazing job Bat and Joe and thank you to make and keep this site!

katongpool
05-23-2020, 05:23 AM
Thank you everyone for keeping this community alive. I joined earlier this month and I have to say--I am most pleasantly surprised by how nice & genuine everyone here is. Super grateful to have found you guys <3

Da Plushee Boree
05-25-2020, 08:42 PM
missed this due to work, but OMG! it's so cool to see the community grow :D!

Congrats all! Specially Joe and moderators, you guys rock!

Cinderella
05-28-2020, 03:01 AM
Congrats on the one million!!!!! what a cool achievement!

Dragonnyk
05-28-2020, 02:33 PM
it's great to see this community grow!

Cinnamoroll
05-30-2020, 01:16 PM
This is a huge milestone!

This community has grown so much over the years that I have been here. Thank you for working so hard on this site and community to make Neo so enjoyabale!

aaronsd
05-31-2020, 06:00 PM
Did I miss the more detailed announcement for the live stream? D:

Natalie
05-31-2020, 10:28 PM
Did I miss the more detailed announcement for the live stream? D:

I was wondering this as well.

Congratulations Joe for building such a big community over the years! It definitely drew me in, and I'm excited to be here.

Cinderella
05-31-2020, 10:31 PM
Is it too late to get the amazing Userbar and font? I'd really love it if not too late! x

aaronsd
05-31-2020, 11:48 PM
It's it too late to get the amazing Userbar and font? I'd really love it if not too late! x

I wonder this too lol, have been trying to figure out the Userbars all day but I only see the basic ones so I am guessing I am not eligible for them.

I've been very narrowly following 3 specific sub forums of clraik and had my blinders on to the Announcements sub forum! Doh

Cinderella
06-01-2020, 05:54 AM
I wonder this too lol, have been trying to figure out the Userbars all day but I only see the basic ones so I am guessing I am not eligible for them.

I've been very narrowly following 3 specific sub forums of clraik and had my blinders on to the Announcements sub forum! Doh

I was thinking maybe it was because I am Newbie rank?

atormentado
06-05-2020, 12:50 AM
I wanted to try too :(

Marvel
06-10-2020, 12:56 AM
Love it, I haven't been active in the neo community in a while but I still check on clraik from time to time. Really happy to see it still thriving!

Pidgey
06-10-2020, 01:29 AM
Tried to move my post to the other thread but its closed.

New userbars :
For rep given, hunger games and CK Y8, have not been added to the user bar page yet. Im curious how to get the next two Rep Bars x).

I know you guys are busy just thought it was worth a mention.