PDA

View Full Version : What's new with clraik (March 2020)

Bat
03-28-2020, 02:33 PM
Hello again, everyone! Another month is drawing to a close, and we've got some updates to share!

Please join us in extending a warm welcome to our latest staff member! PrettySarcastic has been helping the members of our community in all sorts of ways for some time now, and we greatly appreciate that she has agreed to join our team!

Speaking of appreciation - now sharing yours comes with perks! We've rolled out a collection of userbars and snazzy username effects as a reward when you +rep other members for their contributions.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Your username

Your username

Your username

Your username

How do you unlock these? Just give some +rep and find out, but please remember to follow the rules ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) when +repping! Your +rep will help other members of the community unlock new perks as well! It's a win-win!

We're continuing to update our catalog of programs in response to changes to the Neopets site. Please make sure that you're running the newest versions, and that you're reading the program help threads for details and troubleshooting!

Lastly, we're excited to announce that we'll be hosting a cK Live streaming event on YouTube towards the end of May. This will be a podcast-style episodic discussion with the members of our staff about Neopets, cheating, gaming or whatever comes to mind! We have lots of ideas for what we'd like to talk about, but love to hear from you about what sorts of topics you'd like us to cover!
We'll keep you posted about which segments we choose as we get closer to the date!

Please stay safe out there, everyone!

j03
03-28-2020, 02:37 PM
Those user titles...

Menine
03-28-2020, 02:49 PM
GIMME DAT USERBARSS

You rock guys =D

Maki
03-28-2020, 02:58 PM
Userbars for +repping is a fantastic idea! Not many people +rep as much as they used to back in the day. :P The username effects are a nice touch. ^o^

Politoed
03-28-2020, 05:53 PM
Oooh neat updates!

Flordibel
03-28-2020, 06:13 PM
Nice!!! I am so excited for ALL of these things!!!

Congrats and welcome PrettySarcastic!!!

Maelstra
03-28-2020, 06:22 PM
Userbars for +repping is a fantastic idea! Not many people +rep as much as they used to back in the day. :P The username effects are a nice touch. ^o^
Agreed, but I think it's because some of the newer folks don't know about it, or how to do it.
(I had to explain via pm to someone recently, as they had rep and thanks confused; haha.)

Erik.
03-28-2020, 06:30 PM
Oh they look awesome!!!!! I'm kinda lowkey disappointed there's no repsl*t one >:P

Hazem
03-28-2020, 07:02 PM
Thank you so much for this update! :)
Congrats PrettySarcastic on your new position!

Delibird
03-28-2020, 08:11 PM
Great updates for the community! :)

Congrats PrettySarcastic!!! So happy for you!!!!

PrettySarcastic
03-28-2020, 08:14 PM
Thanks so much for the opportunity team! :)

I'll do my best to keep helping out and contributing.

The new userbars are amazing, can't wait to see them in the wild. <3 It's awesome that rep is making its well deserved resurgence!

Hall
03-28-2020, 08:20 PM
Awesome, nice to see there are going to me more bars, and that reputation is getting more of it'd due. :)

Saturnine
03-28-2020, 08:23 PM
That's neat, I find all those userbars that you use here pretty cool, and I'm sure those new ones will help new users (like me) a lot. I've read all of the guides about rep, contributions etc. and, at current time and in my perspective, it seemed almost impossible for a new user to rank up.

My name is Yoshikage Kira
03-28-2020, 09:31 PM
Loving the new userbars, thank you :)

Congratulations PrettySarcastic!!!!!

Synth Salazzle
03-28-2020, 09:43 PM
Thank goodness we have more rep incentive I feel people weren't giving it out nearly enough.

Doge
03-28-2020, 10:40 PM
Congrats to PrettySarcastic! :D

Yay. Hope this would really help people to rep more. :)

Fabulous
03-29-2020, 07:00 AM
Congratulations to PrettySarcastic! My avatar loves your avatar

And thank u Bat and crew for putting these userbars together!

But really I'm just posting to test out my new duds :)

RealisticError
03-29-2020, 05:22 PM
Congrats PrettySarcastic! :)

Really cool userbars too!

Pinecone
03-29-2020, 09:23 PM
Congrats PrettySarcastic!

I love these new userbars :takdir:

Stardust
03-29-2020, 10:00 PM
Congrats PrettySarcastic !!

The new userbars look great! And the livestream event sounds neat, I'll be looking forward to it. :)

Bat
03-29-2020, 10:24 PM
Thanks, Stardust✰! Hopefully some folks will weigh in on topics that they'd like for us to discuss during the stream!

Fabulous
03-30-2020, 07:12 AM
Thanks, Stardust✰! Hopefully some folks will weigh in on topics that they'd like for us to discuss during the stream!

I think it would be cool to hear about:
- Cheating legends, talk to us about cool cheating moments of days long past, what the person achieved, and any juicy tidbits that the general populace might not know (I'm thinking old ppl like Ad0 who were the thing to discuss on the boards in 2003 & then get warned by TNT)
- Amusing interactions you've had with TNT staff over the years when caught or otherwise
- Exploits you discovered over the years and what you did with them before they were patched
- Interviews with community members who might have interesting input on the above
- Funny shit that's happened in this community (e.g. remember when that JS rep made an account here?)

Just ideas, I have no expectations of you addressing them all

This should be fun :)

motherfucker
03-30-2020, 09:14 AM
Shit, these userbars are awesome. Well done!

Going off of what Fabulous said, I think I'd look forward to hearing about the funny shit directly associated with Neopets that's happened.

Bat
03-30-2020, 11:58 AM
Good news for those of you who are looking to share your flair! We've broken out the +rep userbars from the misc. userbars into a group called cK Honors! Now you can show off your rewards as well as your supporting userbars!

PrettySarcastic
03-30-2020, 01:33 PM
It's coming.

My whole left side will be userbars, nothing but userbars.

BWAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA.

Ahem.

That is, thanks Joe and Bat!! :D

Fabulous
03-30-2020, 02:07 PM
Aww yesss thanks Bat, no longer have to choose between loving CK and showing my true rep hoe nature

Ok here is another topic to add to the list: how far has anyone penetrated (hehe) neopets' systems, what naughty things did they get up to, and what was the fallout

Styx
03-30-2020, 09:00 PM
Congrats, PrettySarcastic!

Imma need to step up my rep game.

Guap
03-31-2020, 08:05 AM
Congrats PrettySarcastic!!!

And yay! new userbars :)

Malarkey
04-01-2020, 10:06 AM
The color changing usernames are fucking amazing! Great work :D

Thank you for all you guys do to keep the community awesome!

Bat
04-01-2020, 10:14 PM
We've added a page to the forum so that you can check how close you are to getting one of our new +rep userbars. Check it out here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])!

ruzzeh
04-02-2020, 07:53 PM
We've added a page to the forum so that you can check how close you are to getting one of our new +rep userbars. Check it out here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])!
damn yall are doing this manually?
commitment

Flordibel
04-02-2020, 08:58 PM
Hopefully some folks will weigh in on topics that they'd like for us to discuss during the stream!

I've got questions!!

1. Have you considered, or will you ever consider, clraik merch? I've got some ideas, if not the art skills.
2. How much of clraik is customizable? As in - how much manual tweaking can you do to it? I know it's uh - the backbone of it is? not sure of the wording - vbulletin, and there's been a few things in the past that we know it doesn't support. So how much DOES it support? Is the sky the limit? You made mentions show the Permission Group color - what's next?! (Just a curiosity question I'm not trying to beg for options!)
3. What is each staff member's favorite Neopet? Alternatively - favorite plot or site event?

teslagirl
04-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Agreed, but I think it's because some of the newer folks don't know about it, or how to do it.
(I had to explain via pm to someone recently, as they had rep and thanks confused; haha.)

ummmm....I think I've been doing wrong all these years too!

I am really looking forward to the livestream. Things I'd like to know:
- A short history of clraik (or even a long one)
- A top 10 list of the things you'd love to tell TNT
- How can we help?

Thank you for all you do to keep this community a fun and vibrant place!

gera
04-05-2020, 01:15 PM
I think it would be cool to hear about:
- Cheating legends, talk to us about cool cheating moments of days long past, what the person achieved, and any juicy tidbits that the general populace might not know (I'm thinking old ppl like Ad0 who were the thing to discuss on the boards in 2003 & then get warned by TNT)

I would LOVE to hear stories about users from '00-'04 (when I was most active). Nostalgia x1200392340

Nimue
04-10-2020, 08:12 AM
A livestream/podcast type thing sounds super cool! +1 for anything nostalgia based as well, especially with the resurgence of old players lately!

Erik.
04-10-2020, 10:20 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bat again.

Also stupid question but I'm still stuck at one even though I've repped 5 people this week. Is my rep not working? Or do I just need to rep more?

Edit: Ah it's 2 now. Guess I just need to have patience :P

richardscoot
04-15-2020, 05:46 PM
Totally missed this big news!

Congratulations to you PrettySarcastic

I love those nice userbar!! Thank u all for the great work in maintaining the whole clraik!

I�d love to hear on the experience with Tony P as a topic. I believe many would share their horrors dealing with him in comments hahaha

RealisticError
04-23-2020, 01:46 AM
I just read the part of this about the podcast, so pumped for that!

Oshun
04-24-2020, 12:28 PM
As a new member I'm excited to hear about the livestream next month! Will be cool to hear from you guys.

lagrima
04-29-2020, 12:15 AM
The userbars are beautiful, great work! And I'm looking forward to the livestream/podcast, as someone who's started listening to podcasts to pass the time since this whole quaratine thing started. Would be fun if it could be uploaded ito podcast apps (spotify?) in the future!

Unown
05-22-2020, 08:06 PM
I was wondering where this new repping userbar came from and found this thread.

Really loving all the work guys!!

Looking forward to the livestream podcast!