PDA

View Full Version : Steroids

ASAP
04-01-2012, 02:02 PM
My boyfriend is starting to take MMA seriously and has decided to go from prohormones to steroids. I'm unsure of what to think of this. Any ideas?

I_royalty_I
04-01-2012, 02:04 PM
They are illegal...but if he thinks they are worth the risk.
I've never done steroids or any of that shit, but they do work.
Just a matter of whether he thinks they are worth doing really.

ASAP
04-01-2012, 02:11 PM
I know it's illegal, I'm just worried about his health. He gained about 13 pounds last month taking DMZ Xtreme. He's taken Anadrol 50 prior to DMZ Xtreme. He's now thinking of taking Tren with Test and then moving onto a stronger steroid.

Danny
04-01-2012, 02:11 PM
How small are his testicles?

ASAP
04-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I've only seen a change in his mood swings, hair thinning, and acne. On the other hand, he's gained a lot of weight and lost minimal during his post cycle.

Kristin
04-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Steroids are gong to ruin his body, just FYI.

zxzero
04-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Steroids are one of those things that if you take them you need to keep taking them in order to keep up your appearance, what I mean by that is if he stops taking them he will just turn to fat and probably look horrible. Tell him hard work pays off, also I will ask a friend of mine what he takes to help him build muscle, it is something imported from china or japan I believe, they just increase your blood flow and some other things and are complete legal, they help you lift a bit more weight than you normally can also so that you can build muscle faster. I do not talk to him that often as he lives in NFLD and I live in nova scotia, but next time he is online I will ask him for ya.

ASAP
04-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I knew that during the PCT you typically lose weight/gain fat, which I noticed during his PH PCT. I'm worried he'll become... "addicted", for a lack of a better word, and will have fatal health issues. His best friend, who took a potent steroid was recently having chest/heart pains and had surgery due to a hernia. He's trying to put on about 70-80 pounds of muscle by the end of summer.

yamakracker
04-01-2012, 03:39 PM
You should tell him to stop.

MMA's rules are strict and they are serious as shit.

Slasher
04-01-2012, 03:58 PM
In my opinion, those are always bad. Steroids are not illegal for no reasons. Probably worst secondary effects.

Ryan~
04-01-2012, 04:01 PM
The cons of steroids greatly outweigh the pros.

And the effects are usually long term.

xRomanChan
04-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm definatly not in favor of steroids. Even if the benefits might be pretty great for a while, the disadvantages just make them not worth it at all. If I were you I'd try to talk him out of it.

ASAP
04-01-2012, 05:09 PM
After hearing y'alls inputs, I'm going to try and convince him to rethink the whole steroid-use idea.

yamakracker
04-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Not re-think.

You should tell him that you are against it. or whatever it takes for him to not do it.

ASAP
04-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Any good points I should throw out at him besides the whole "I love you and don't want you dead.."?

j03
04-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I dunno you too well but you'd probably not want to be with him after a few months of him on the drugs. He's not only going to change physically but mentally as well. He will be a new person and you'd probably find all of this out when it's too late.

Danny
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
ROiD RAAAAGEEEEE

ASAP
04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
I dunno you too well but you'd probably not want to be with him after a few months of him on the drugs. He's not only going to change physically but mentally as well. He will be a new person and you'd probably find all of this out when it's too late.

It happened once when he was on DMZ Xtreme. He ended up punching the wall and flipping over the coffee table.

Sci_Girl
04-01-2012, 08:17 PM
How did you respond to that incident? Because it can easily happen again and if you are scared of that happening you need to sit him down and explain to him that you do not want him to take them.

ASAP
04-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I started crying and he snapped into reality. I suppose I aggrivated the situation though.

Sci_Girl
04-01-2012, 08:59 PM
You will need to have a sit down with him that the side effects are far more dangerous than what it is worth. Not sure how serious the MMA group he is in takes steroid use in respect to the illegal side of them but if they do take it seriously and could kick someone out who uses them you may want to remind your bf of that.

The side effects though if you want a quick ballpark of the things that can happen: baldness, low sperm count, decrease in testicle size, severe headaches, increased risk of strokes and blood clots, enlarged prostate, development of breasts, liver damage (can be quite severe quite quickly), mood swings as well as increased aggressive behavior (you have already seen this happen), bowel and urinary problems, increased risk of tendon injury, impotence, aching joints, bloating, nausea, changes in cholesterol, high blood pressure and increased risk of heart disease and cardiac arrhythmias, stunting of growth, and severe acne (it can get to the point of extreme scarring and splitting of the scars into open wounds). If you would like graphic depiction of things such as the acne which does happen quite often simply Google "side effects of steroid use". The scarring is deep, dark, and very pronounced and next to impossible to fully get rid of.

ASAP
04-01-2012, 10:05 PM
He's intending to stop a few months before his first fight so it'll be out of his system. His older brother has used many steroids for competitive reasons so he thinks it's pretty fine for him. I've spoke to him about the hazardous effects it could have on his health and he seemed to listen to me. Especially when I told him how a roid rage can severely affect our relationship. I think he's going to stick to prohormones but since the effects aren't as severe, I'm somewhat tolerating it.

thecooliest408
04-13-2012, 03:08 PM
As a fellow fighter and follower of the sport I know it won't work out. Come on. Overeem just tested 14:1 t/e ratio and now he's not gonna get his title fight and he might be dropped from the UFC and it taints his career. Guys mess their cycles up... plus the steroids won't offer a huge advantage. So many people have tested positive after getting their asses kicked all over the place.